Anyone planning to pick this up?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So I saw the launch trailer for this earlier and completely forgot it was a thing. For those unaware, it's a collection of the original Mega Man games (1-6) that's being "remastered" for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. (A 3DS version will apparently come later) The game will be available digitally for $15. Physical editions will come out sometime next year for $30. It will release digitally on August 25.

Personally, this collection just seems lame to me. Only 1-6? I personally much preferred 8 over the originals. (Elmer Fudd Dr Light and all) Had this been 1-10, I'd definitely pick up. As it stands, I dunno, I'm probably gonna wait for a sale or something. That said, if Capcom does more of these collections and they do Mega Man X... I will buy that shit so hard.

Here's the trailer, if you're curious.

Edit: I was wrong on two things. It will be $15 digitally, and physical versions will come out next year for $30.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sure, why not.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to have access to these games on all the platforms you mentioned so I will probably freeze trying to choose a platform and just never buy it at all.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nah, I'm a Mega Man 2 kinda guy. It's the only Mega Man I'm attached to. Though I'm trying to play X4 since getting it on a PSN Flash sale.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's only 6 instead of all of them so no.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same point basically. I wish it had all ten. But I will likely buy it anyways because I'm dumb.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I have the PS2 Mega Man collection. More games and cheaper cost.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yea I'll probably wait for the X collection.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 5 best Mega Man games and the first one? Of course I'll be buying this. Can we preorder it yet?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't plan to, but I probably will.

It's mega man!

peterdotorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't own any of them, so I'm definitely getting it on pc.

CDUB901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to support Mega Man to let Capcom know that fans still care about the series, but not like this. I can't buy a collection of something when it has less games than another collection that came out two generations ago.

Give me a blu ray disc of 1-10, MML 1 and 2, X1-8, soccer and tron bonne for $60. I'd buy that all day.

Is that realistic in a business stand point? No, definitely not. They'll make way more money selling the series in multiple collections. But, it'd at least earn them some good will with fans.

Rare Replay is a great high bar for collections I think. 30 games for a dollar a piece is insane.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdub901 said:

I want to support Mega Man to let Capcom know that fans still care about the series, but not like this. I can't buy a collection of something when it has less games than another collection that came out two generations ago.

Give me a blu ray disc of 1-10, MML 1 and 2, X1-8, soccer and tron bonne for $60. I'd buy that all day.

Is that realistic in a business stand point? No, definitely not. They'll make way more money selling the series in multiple collections. But, it'd at least earn them some good will with fans.

Rare Replay is a great high bar for collections I think. 30 games for a dollar a piece is insane.

That hypothetical Ultimate Mega Man Collection would kill me of overhype. Sadly Legends 1 and 2 apparently can't get re-released because of a Japanese energy drink that's in the games. (I'm sure they can go in and change it, but knowing Capcom? Probably not.)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I still got my collection (as well as the X collection) accessible. But I'll probably be stupid at some point for the convenience.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Yep unless it's busted I'll get it on 3DS.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it seems like its not just emulation and rooms like mega man collection was so thats why its not all 10.

have they spoken about how they are fighting against lag and latency ?

because these games are up there with mario with needing specific and accurate controls.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No. They only put them all out on the 3DS over the last few years. I'm kinda pissed about how much they charged for them all now they're a lot cheaper in this collection. The only games anyone needs are 2 and 3 anyway. I will maybe, possibly consider the physical release at some point in the future.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

HELL YES I AM

Well hopefully they turn out ok, so may hold a bit to see what the good word is but I am very, very excited for this collection.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I will. The price is right, their intentions are pure (enough), and a successful launch of this would probably speed up additional series that deserve this process.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Well, I already have all of them. I mean, I wouldn't mind having them all on PC. I would be sold if they included 9 and 10 though...

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Only if it had megaman legends 1/2

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kid_gloves

I hope this collection gets people to re-evaluate mega man 5 and 6. 2 of the very best NES games and equals to 2 and 3.... they got overlooked because of late release (snes was already out) and some burnout but in retrospect are among the best games made in the era. Also god damn those soundtracks.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Also yes i am buying this, the port jobs look top fucking notch and the ps2 collection was kinda shabby when it came to emulation.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the actual fuck thought that putting in a software level autofire button would be a good idea?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have a physical copy of the best Mega Man game (3 if anyone asks) so no I'm good.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By musubi

Just finished beating MM1 and MM2 and played a few challenges. Great stuff. I'll work my way through the rest of the games later this week. For the price asked there is a lot of value in this package. The remixed levels in the challenges are tons of fun.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got it on xbox one and the sound is kinda messed up for me. Lots of static and some of the music just seems... off. I'd have to check the last bit against the real thing, but the static is a definite turn off.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I really want to, but given the extreme butthurt going on the Steam forums about the perceived low quality of these version I kinda want to see a Quick look first.

I was burned pretty bad Mega Man anniversary inverting the jump & shoot buttons. That really ruined those games.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've a complete Megaman novice so having no frame of reference would probably make this collection okay for me.

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The steam forums are full of people complaining that there is slowdown and sprite flickering, completely misunderstanding the point of this collection.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I probably won't I remember purchasing a few of the mega-man games on wii virtual console awhile back plus I think I might own one of the collection games either for original mega man or X on gamecube.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its 1-6 because it is the NES ones only. They are going for pure emulation, so sticking with the ones on the NES makes sense. If people buy this, then they will be more likely to make similar collections for other series and other consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Yeah and probably the physical copy next year as well...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope! Got the old PS2 collection / anniversary edition that comes with 7, 8 and some bonus games. So i'm already set.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have the ps4 version and it puts the really bad version of anniversary collection to shame.

its looks great and there is basically zero input lag. totallly worth 15 bucks