Favorite Nier Automata playable characters

Crayzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Crayzor

Poll Favorite Nier Automata playable characters (147 votes)

2B 48%
9S 10%
A2 41%

Just as the title says. I like A2 personality and her interaction with pod.

• 
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Maybe slightly spoilery?

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By imhungry

@liquiddragon: I kind of agree but she's on the cover art and I just looked and the Steam description even mentions her as a protagonist so eh I guess?

There was a point while playing the game that I would probably have said A2 but then I grew to like 2B so much more after the reveal and spending time thinking about 2B's actions throughout the game in light of the reveal.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9s sucks. I hated that I couldn’t lose him, and did not enjoy the time I was him. He’s such a generic anime boy. That’s my opinion though, and I know people like him.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I like doing the berserk stuff with A2 a lot and she looks the coolest. But I thought the game didn't really develop her that much characterwise, so I go with 2B for favorite.

Crayzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crayzor

@ungodly said:

9s sucks. I hated that I couldn’t lose him, and did not enjoy the time I was him. He’s such a generic anime boy. That’s my opinion though, and I know people like him.

I hate everytime I play as him. Really don't like hacking.

drdust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The anime one

emphulio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

little brother machine gameplay was pretty hard, but the story in that section was pretty good

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9S is a good boy

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I think the hacking is pretty boring, and 9S' regular combat gameplay is limited because it replaces his heavy attack. Meanwhile, A2 is pretty much just a better 2B in terms of gameplay. The taunt and berserker mode were fun.

In terms of character, A2 doesn't really have much depth to her, but I think she's the most fun to just listen to talk. She's engaged and angry and emotional all the time, and seems like a milder version of Kaine's regular behavior in Nier 1. 2B only gets interesting waaaaay later in the game where you learn som extra information about her. I like her when she gets emotional, but that's only like threee or four scenes in the entire game. I appreciated her design more than the person, except for during those scenes.

9S is interesting. During the first two acts, he's the only character that asks questions and looks for the truth, mirroring my own interests. Then during the final act, his lust for revenge clouding his judgment and messing with his so far rational thoughts was gripping and sad to watch. He's definitely the character that goes on the most interesting journey out of the three of them. But he's not sexy, he's not enjoyable to listen to talk, and he's got the worst gameplay, so after a while I was dreading playing as him. Overall, I'll take A2 for my favorite just because she's the most likeable and enjoyable to play as.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#10  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

I loved 2B and hated everyone else... which is probably why I disliked Route C so much in retrospect.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thanks for the spoiler?

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Where’s the option for “I don’t like playing any character in Nier, because they’re all eaqually tedious to play”?

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love NieR: Automata... Best game I've playes in years... But 9S sucks SO BAD!

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I would include Pascal in this poll, by the way!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Eh, just because they're on the boxart doesn't mean they're playable. All the marketing for the game was solely 2B centric, I didn't know you played as anyone else until I actually played as them.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Eh, just because they're on the boxart doesn't mean they're playable. All the marketing for the game was solely 2B centric, I didn't know you played as anyone else until I actually played as them.

But like... context.

You start with 2 of the three and then meet what is clearly another main character early on.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:
@shiro2809 said:

But like... context.

You start with 2 of the three and then meet what is clearly another main character early on.

Main character doesn't mean playable character. For 9S, he was there from the start. Figured he would be like that the whole time. A2 I figured she'd join up sometime too. Never thought they'd be playable. NieR Gestalt had Kaine and Emil on the cover, at no point are they playable yet are still main characters. They also all join up later.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mach_go_go_go

@jacksmedulla: It's the power button on your console of choice.

Also: Pascal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A2. Because I think she's the coolest and she's cute, has her own Devil Trigger, she being an older battle worn battle android is reflected on her body and I like how she interacts with everyone else. Kind of a bummer she cuts her hair, though. I thought she looked better with long hair.

B2 is alright. Fuck 9S.

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9S because I was REALLY good at the hacking so combat was super fast. 2B was fun for witchtime style shenanigans and I really liked A2's dash.

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mechanically, 2B because she can combo her two weapons. Both 9S and A2 had the heavy attack replaced with their own unique ability.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

9S was whiney and obnoxious. 2B had real shit to deal with and A2 was doing her own thing entirely, so i preferred them.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this question needs more clarification. If you mean which one was the most fun to play, I'd say 9S, since I enjoyed the hacking minigames, even if there were only a few to cycle through. If we're talking character arcs/personalities, I'd go with 2B for pretty much the same reasons @imhungry pointed out in their spoiler tag.