Avatar image for theegravedigger
TheeGravedigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheeGravedigger

So, last week I decided to buy Disgaea 5 from Amazon.jp; the cost was roughly the same as if I'd bought it locally. It arrived yesterday, sooner than I expected. It loads up in English and runs great. The screenshot feature works, allowing me to send some of the better dialogue to a friend.

I can't understand why NIS decided to delay the North American launch of the game for as long as they have. A week or three would have made sense, getting it out of the way of Zelda, but there for people who wanted a game once they get tired of Zelda.

Interestingly enough, when I tried to register the game via the -/+ menu, it brought up a message, "This game isn't available to register yet."

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was actually wondering about doing this when someone mentioned they grabbed Disgaea 5 for the Switch somewhere. I was all stoked to get it only to find out it isn't out here until May. So the JP version is fully localized and everything? If so I may just download the JP one.

Avatar image for theegravedigger
TheeGravedigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheeGravedigger

@johncallahan: That was one of the reasons I made the topic; letting people know that the option exists. That and to discuss the decision of delaying it.

As far as I've been able to tell, yes. Even the various shop icons were in English.

The theory is that it seems like they took the English PS4 version and ported that to the switch, then set it to detect the system language and set the game text & audio appropriately.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WynnDuffy

@theegravedigger said:

@johncallahan:

The theory is that it seems like they took the English PS4 version and ported that to the switch, then set it to detect the system language and set the game text & audio appropriately.

This might be a common thing on the Switch as Zelda does it too, I Am Setsuna also if what I read is right.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ripelivejam

the anime is thick, but oh do i love the gameplay. kinda how the first one felt to me, it's like your regular SRPG turned to 11, just feels like a wonderful hole i could fall down forever. getting it was a beautiful mistake. :D

and yeah getting it is pretty easy if you're impatient like me. does seem silly they delayed it so.