Switch shows playtime 10 days after you started playing the game

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

So if you got Zelda on release it should show your playtime on your profiles right now.

I got "70 hours or more".

It might be incrementing every 5 hours only?

Can anyone think of why they would design it like this? Maybe they think people should not worry about playtime on a new game? It doesn't bother me that much, just an odd decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Have no idea. Apparently played 30hours or more of Zelda but only played a few minutes of Fast RMX (which I know isn't true as I've unlocked all the championships for that game)

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yesiamaduck: Weird. Maybe it only counts server-side kind of like steam used to do? Did you play a bunch of Fast RMX while not connected to wi-fi?

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@forcen said:

@yesiamaduck: Weird. Maybe it only counts server-side kind of like steam used to do? Did you play a bunch of Fast RMX while not connected to wi-fi?

Yeah I've played a lot of Fast RMX on the bus but I totally played a couple of hours at home.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So it only shows 10 days after?

That's one of the most Nintendo ass Nintendo things I've read all year.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if it counts time that they system is in restmode while the game is running? I got "40 hours or more" which is entirely possible but it just seems like a lot. I have not even done a dungeon yet.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it says "50 hours or more"

Seems a bit much... Really curious how they got to that number, because I think something fishy is going on.

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By matsemann08

You can actually get a day by day playtime count by setting up the Nintendo Parental Control app on your phone (without any age restriction.)

I fell asleep while playing and the system went into sleep mode with the game running without it increasing my playtime.

No Caption Provided

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe this is why they don't show times until later? If they showed it constantly maybe people would think about it to much. Now it's a nice surprise, so surprising that you don't believe it at first but that might be just Zelda being a game that makes you forget about time.

@matsemann08 Did you set this up from the start? Can you check how accurate the timer on your userpage is for you based on the times from that app?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

They're going for the shock factor. They want you to feel bad about yourself.

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By matsemann08

@forcen: No I didn't set it up for the first weekend with the game. I have about 24 hours according to the app exluding the first weekend, It says on my profile page I have played 45 hours or more. I don't think I played 20 hours the first weekend, I think like 10, 15 max. So that perhaps means the profile playtime includes sleep mode.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

They're going for the shock factor. They want you to feel bad about yourself.

lol the ultimate form of Playtime Hangover

"I PLAYED FOR HOW LONG!?"