The No More Heroes switch ports

SpicyFoodMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpicyFoodMan

Does anyone have them yet and have they confirmed that heavenly star is still in it. IMPORTANT

...and I guess... if you got one how're you finding it overall.. and without the motion controls.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd also like to know since I never played the original games (but have watched the belated Best Friends play them), and I want more reasons to use my Switch.

rathantoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Heavenly Star has been removed...

I've only tried the 1st one so far but it runs perfectly, not even any frame rate dips so far.

If you haven't played it before get ready for some tedium between the main missions! I seem to have blocked those bits from memory.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigsocrates  Online
rathantoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bigsocrates: I haven't actually been using motion controls. I've just been using a pro controller so i've just been using the sticks instead.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigsocrates  Online

@rathantoras: Do you find that a satisfying way to play? My understanding was that the motion controls were a huge part of No More Heroes' appeal. I kind of want to check this version out but I'm worried that the Joy Cons aren't up to the task.

Thanks.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking

Oh bummer. I’ve only ever played this Switch version and the PS3 version, both are apparently missing that song. That kind of thing really sucks, and is actually kind of telling about how much the publisher is willing to do for the port.

I only played with the six axis and Pro Controller, so my motion stuff is limited. You can still shake the controller to charge the laser sword. The finishers are done with the joysticks, which is satisfying and totally fine. The game supports joycon control, and nothing in my memory is so demanding of the motion control that they wouldn’t be able to handle it. It’s just simple directional swings and shakes.

Just want to add that No More Heroes is one of my favorite game experiences, and I’m so stoked they finally ported the sequel. I never got to play it because I never owned a Wii. That said, it’s a weird thing and not going to be for everybody. It’s wild ass visuals and glib tone between stretches of mundanity. I believe it’s a very intentional juxtaposition, but folks who don’t have patience for the slow parts will probably bounce off.

lKennedyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people fuck at funerals. I buy Switch ports.