The randomness of this game creates a truly delightful scenarios . What have you experienced?

rramo010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I impulse bought Noita a few minutes after watching the Unfinished video the guys put out. I went through a small phase of buyer's remorse after struggling to get past the second level, but after two days of two hour sessions this game really has me impressed. The in-depth physics engine blows me away, and similar to Jeff I find myself starting fires just to see how much destruction I can cause. The way the barrels, the flasks, and the lanterns all leak and spurt out their insides after being shot really shows the dedication the designer(s) put into every single pixel. Every new game I play has led to a hilariously and sometimes frustrating deaths, but I now find myself embracing the chaos.

I blindly toss flasks of teleportation at myself while using my glass cannon perk that doubles the power of my spells causing my bombs to blow half the screen away.

One playthrough I found a wand that could summon a literal lake of oil that would flow throughout the tunnels and caverns. I would drown my enemies in the oil, which would turn into a tidal wave of fire and steam after being ignited by a tiny fireball.

I'm starting to have a grasp on mixing the spells on wands to create tools of utter destruction that would almost always result in my own glorious and hilarious suicide. Such as when I used a spell to turn the environment into toxic sludge including myself.

I'm really enjoying this game, and I'm curious to see if anyone else is having similar experiences.

Without spoiling the later stages, what scenarios of hilarity have you placed yourself in?

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished the game for the first time after 100+ hours. At one point in the run in the Hiisi Base level I had to find an alternate route because I had killed so many Hiisi that the pile bodies obstructed any further attacks and I was at risk of drowning from the torrent of blood.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I still need to give this a whirl. Not sure how it'd run on my laptop but it looked real interesting when I saw it on UPF.

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MagnetPhonics

I've played it on my low-end laptop when visiting family and it runs fine. You get occasional hitches when a particularly absurd spell blows up an entire level. But that happens on any machine maybe once in every 30 games.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game flew under my radar, but looking at it now, it's giving me strong Cortex Command vibes. This is a very good thing.