#1  Edited By ferrarimanf355
theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By theshadow027

Oh well I didn't like most of their games anyways. I'm sure someone will be sad about it though.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Good riddance. I hope EA puts more marketing into Burnout now. It deserves it.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Hmmm, wow. Looks like the GB dudes called it wrong on this one.

BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BigDo6

Are there any franchises that EA owns that haven't eventually given into the suck after multiple releases? I can't think of any.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By crunchUK

hurrah for mediocre series dying?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

O WOW!  Insane to hear that EA cut the reins of such a long time franchise.  Sure, the games haven't been that great as of late...but nonetheless, it just seems kind of crazy for them to do.

This means that NOTHING is safe at EA right now.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

While I haven't played a Need for Speed game since the PS1 days, I'm still a little bummed about this.

Think about it. The Need for Speed gave us babes like Josie Maran and Brooke Burke in game form. Is that not something to be grateful for?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red

Man, this sucks.

A year or so ago EA was all about anualizable games, this year they're going for something fresh but now they're money's down in the toilet.
Not that I care about Need For Speed, I just want EA not to go back to the old EA.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187
TheGreatGuero said:
"While I haven't played a Need for Speed game since the PS1 days, I'm still a little bummed about this.

Think about it. The Need for Speed gave us babes like Josie Maran and Brooke Burke in game form. Is that not something to be grateful for?"
The interwebz and Playboy gave us Josie Maran and Brooke Burke in nude form...so fuck NFS.
Red said:
"Man, this sucks.
A year or so ago EA was all about anualizable games, this year they're going for something fresh but now they're money's down in the toilet.
Not that I care about Need For Speed, I just want EA not to go back to the old EA."
The old EA?  You mean the one that put out games like Mutant League Football, Desert Strike, and Road Rash II?

I wouldn't mind having that company around.  Hell, I say they need to just put out Dead Space sequel, Mirror's Edge sequel, Madden and FIFA, SSX4 (a PROPER SSX game, not that On Tour and Blur bullshit), Brutal Legend...and then throw in Road Rash, Mutant League Football, and a new Strike game.

That will make my fucking year...
Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By Bennyishere

The rumor makes no sense. The latest NFS games may be shit, but it's a huge franchise with ads all over the place that obviously sells a lot of copies.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Gameboi
jakob187 said:
"O WOW!  Insane to hear that EA cut the reins of such a long time franchise.  Sure, the games haven't been that great as of late...but nonetheless, it just seems kind of crazy for them to do.

This means that NOTHING is safe at EA right now.
"
My thoughts exactly. The Need for Speed franchise is a beloved one to many, including myself.
ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ferrarimanf355

I used to love NFS before Underground riced it out. Most Wanted was good since it had Lamborghinis, Carbon was okay, I actually liked ProStreet because it went back to the simlike roots of NFS, and skipped on Underground for Midnight Club LA.

EA needs to kill the rice and make Hot Pursuit 3. I'm going to install Hot Pursuit 2 onto my PC now, so I can remember when NFS was all about the exotics...

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ferrarimanf355

Quick update, via Joystiq. It's still a rumor, so take it with a grain... no, a salt shaker.

"We've received a tip from someone a purported EA employ who wishes to remain anonymous. According to this source, the Need for Speed series isn't shutting down -- but EA Black Box, the development team behind recent entries into the series, "most likely" is. The source explains that EA not only scrapped their plans to open up a new studio in Vancouver, but that they also decided to close Black Box, moving the NFS and Skate teams to their much larger Burnaby studios.

The source further details the fate of Need for Speed -- he claims that one of the next entries into the series will be developed by the EA-owned Criterion Games, and will likely use the engine of their racing series, Burnout. He also claims that there are three different teams within Black Box that are responsible for developing Need for Speed titles (which is how they're able to release a new NFS title every year) -- though these three teams will likely consolidate into one, leading to less NFS releases, more continuity between said releases, and, ultimately, drastic downsizing for the NFS teams."

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Video_Tycoon
jakob187 said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"While I haven't played a Need for Speed game since the PS1 days, I'm still a little bummed about this.

Think about it. The Need for Speed gave us babes like Josie Maran and Brooke Burke in game form. Is that not something to be grateful for?"
The interwebz and Playboy gave us Josie Maran and Brooke Burke in nude form...so fuck NFS.
Red said:
"Man, this sucks.
Not that I care about Need For Speed, I just want EA not to go back to the old EA."
The old EA?  You mean the one that put out games like Mutant League Football, Desert Strike, and Road Rash II?

I wouldn't mind having that company around.  Hell, I say they need to just put out Dead Space sequel, Mirror's Edge sequel, Madden and FIFA, SSX4 (a PROPER SSX game, not that On Tour and Blur bullshit), Brutal Legend...and then throw in Road Rash, Mutant League Football, and a new Strike game.

That will make my fucking year...
"
What was wrong with On Tour?  I understand SSX Blur, that was shit.  But I loved On Tour...