Am I being to picky when it comes to friends and girlfriends?

• 67 results
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

Throughout high school I really only had one rule, don't date someone in the same school. I had 2 girlfriends throughout high school, one long term and one for a couple weeks:P, and I walked away from those relationships satisfied and I never had to see them again. Never have I ran into them after broken up and I know if I would've been at the same school there would be awkward run ins. Anyway I'm going to university and I don't mind dating people that go to the same place. These are the only reasons I would never date someone ( or even associate myself with them at all), tell me if I'm being too picky. 
- People who have a twitter, I have come to accept facebook is here to stay but normal people shouldn't be posting on twitter ( when I say twiiter I mean people who use it to say things like " at Starbucks now, yummm coffee!!" not people who just follow others)
- People who say omg instead of oh my god out loud, same goes with lol and wtf 
- Being too religious, you can believe what you want but don't preach it to me 
- People who reference jokes in movies a lot and think they are funny because of it... like quoting anchorman every other second

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JokerClown88

If you have to ask then the answer is always yes.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kmdrkul

You have to come to accept the little things that piss you off.  What if you saw the girl of your dreams, she was perfect in every way, yet her only problem as far as you could see is she says "omg" out loud.  That's just irrational... same goes for the Twitter comment.  The other two could be considered legitimate problems with somebody's character, so I guess those are okay. 

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fwylo

I wouldn't say that's too picky.  

And I can understand your hate for twitter because I had the same hate.  But I recently picked it up to follow a few websites, companies and Kevin Butler.  Naturally I decided to add my friends that have it as well and I have come to actually enjoy it.  It is a great information station if you're following the people you actually want to..  I don't update every 23 seconds and it bugs me the people who do, but the rest of it is pretty awesome.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FrankWeidner

Like and be with people you like. If those are things that make you dislike people, that's fine.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By keyhunter

People that say internet speak in real life are assholes. I always make sure I scold people who do that.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By FireBurger

I can understand most of those things, but not really the twitter thing. I mean, unless they're one of the people who thinks their life is the most interesting thing in the world.

Still, everything needs to be in context and you can't just say "absolutely not" to somebody just because they have something in common with your personal checklist. People aren't usually that simple.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By emkeighcameron

I'm too picky when it comes to women as well.

Sometimes there's a girl on the train I commute on, and I go up to her and say "hey baby what's shakin'?" and she'll stare really awkwardly at the floor and not say anything and that's no good, so forget that.

And other times when I follow a chick home from school and sneak around outside her house, she calls the cops; how the hell is that relationship supposed to work? Go to hell, Kathy.

And other times my mom says mean things to me, I can't put up with that bullshit, shut up, Mom.

One time there was this girl with HUGE tatas, but she had a guy with her, and I'm not willing to share, so that won't work either.

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks, my friend, hoes and tricks

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@emkeighcameron said:
" I'm too picky when it comes to women as well.  Sometimes there's a girl on the train I commute on, and I go up to her and say "hey baby what's shakin'?" and she'll stare really awkwardly at the floor and not say anything and that's no good, so forget that.  And other times when I follow a chick home from school and sneak around outside her house, she calls the cops; how the hell is that relationship supposed to work? Go to hell, Kathy.  And other times my mom says mean things to me, I can't put up with that bullshit, shut up, Mom.  One time there was this girl with HUGE tatas, but she had a guy with her, and I'm not willing to share, so that won't work either.  Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks, my friend, hoes and tricks "
How in the hell am I supposed to follow that? With a serious answer? That was way too good.
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Organicalistic_
@RE_Player92 said:
" Throughout high school I really only had one rule, don't date someone in the same school. I had 2 girlfriends throughout high school, one long term and one for a couple weeks:P, and I walked away from those relationships satisfied and I never had to see them again. Never have I ran into them after broken up and I know if I would've been at the same school there would be awkward run ins. Anyway I'm going to university and I don't mind dating people that go to the same place. These are the only reasons I would never date someone ( or even associate myself with them at all), tell me if I'm being too picky. - People who have a twitter, I have come to accept facebook is here to stay but normal people shouldn't be posting on twitter- People who say omg instead of oh my god out loud, same goes with lol and wtf - Being too religious, you can believe what you want but don't preach it to me - People who reference jokes in movies a lot and think they are funny because of it... like quoting anchorman every other second "
i think you may have a disorder like ADD or something, lol
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Sambambo
@RE_Player92 said:
" Throughout high school I really only had one rule, don't date someone in the same school. I had 2 girlfriends throughout high school, one long term and one for a couple weeks:P, and I walked away from those relationships satisfied and I never had to see them again. Never have I ran into them after broken up and I know if I would've been at the same school there would be awkward run ins. Anyway I'm going to university and I don't mind dating people that go to the same place. These are the only reasons I would never date someone ( or even associate myself with them at all), tell me if I'm being too picky. - People who have a twitter, I have come to accept facebook is here to stay but normal people shouldn't be posting on twitter- People who say omg instead of oh my god out loud, same goes with lol and wtf - Being too religious, you can believe what you want but don't preach it to me - People who reference jokes in movies a lot and think they are funny because of it... like quoting anchorman every other second "
I quote anchoeman every other second, but without realising it...

And no, you arnt being picky. If you dont like people who do that then they cant be your friends, but do people really think about friends? Doesnt it just sorta happen...

And on the girlfriend front, it doesnt matter. As you are stating out it isnt because you care about them, its because you want them to sleep with you. Maybe as time goes on and the idea of sleeping with them isnt very attractive and the small things start to annoy you, just dump them. If you care then your sorted.

It just seems like you are over thinking things...
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hot_Karl
@RE_Player92 said:

These are the only reasons I would never date someone ( or even associate myself with them at all), tell me if I'm being too picky. -  

Eh, you should be picky with the people you let in your life. You're worth it, they should cherish you the way you cherish them. If not, then the relationship won't work. Otherwise, lay it on me.

People who have a twitter, I have come to accept facebook is here to stay but normal people shouldn't be posting on twitter  

Odd, because the people who have Facebook and their entire lives are Facebook are the ones you gotta look after. Often, Twitter peeps seem to be a bit more...well, they're in love with the words they write. But at least it's not the  WOW i gOt So fuKKED up LAST nIGHT!!1! <3 crew that you'll encounter on THAT OTHER SITE.

- People who say omg instead of oh my god out loud, same goes with lol and wtf

A bit of a pet peeve for me, but not a deal breaker. If Odette Yustman would do that, it would annoy me, then I'd remember that I was with Odette Yustman and everything would be fine again.

- Being too religious, you can believe what you want but don't preach it to me     

I'm not a religious person, so I wouldn't want someone to impose their beliefs on me (or vice versa). Definitely a deal breaker- you're not being picky here.

- People who reference jokes in movies a lot and think they are funny because of it... like quoting anchorman every other second "  

I do that a lot, actually, but not to a ridiculous extent. I'd admire that in a girl- shows that we have similar  likes/dislikes. 
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RE_Player1
@SuperSambo: O no don't categorize me as a man whore or anything lol. I know it may have sounded like the previous relationships I had were purely sexual but for one of them, the serious one that lasted over a year, I really cared for her and would just have fun. Things get complicated, plus its high school so stupid things happen thats why I said I was glad I didn't have to see her anymore. I've learned from those experiences and theres really no need for awkward run ins with people you don't want to associate yourself with anymore. 
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RE_Player1
@VinceNotVance: Yes I know facebook is probably more terrible than twitter, I've just come to realize that its been integrated into almost everything ( EVEN MY PRECIOUS VIDEO GAMES) that I have to live with it.  
@VinceNotVance
said:
" @RE_Player92 said:

These are the only reasons I would never date someone ( or even associate myself with them at all), tell me if I'm being too picky. -  

Eh, you should be picky with the people you let in your life. You're worth it, they should cherish you the way you cherish them. If not, then the relationship won't work. Otherwise, lay it on me.

I liked the way you put that. People should be picky to get the most out of life, you only live once. 
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
@JokerClown88 said:
" If you have to ask then the answer is always yes. "
win
Burninator12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Burninator12

Those all seem like legitimate reasons to hate somebody.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By swamplord666

well ask yourself this, would you be able to accept the fact that someone refuses to associate with you for something petty that you do? I wouldn't and i don't find it fair that you do for things that really should not bother you. That's my 2 cents

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hitchenson
@RE_Player92: I dunno, I'm not too fond of Twitter, but I could live with it. I'm pretty much with 100% you on those other things though.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By LiquidPrince

Picky, yes. However the Twitter one makes you sound a bit like an ass. Not that you are, but why would you care if your girlfriend or friend has a Twitter... It's not like they are asking you to follow them or anything like that...

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#20  Edited By EpicSteve

If I went out on a date with a girl and she said "OMG" instead of "Oh my God", I would just leave.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead

A lot of people aren't worth knowing and with those kinds of rules you're setting up, the ones you will like, you'll like better than the default friends of other people.

MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MadeinFinland
@RE_Player92 said:
" People who reference jokes in movies a lot and think they are funny because of it... like quoting anchorman every other second "
Damn it. You must hate me. What about people that constantly just randomly start talking about the weather? Or people who always start singing whenever someone says a phrase that's part of a song (such as when someone says Hey-oh, the person starts singing Snow by Red Hot Chili Peppers)?  

Can we still be friends? "We had something to learn / Now it's time for the wheel to turn..." 

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JB16

Uh haven't you guys ever heard of the phrase "Take the good with the bad". In other words, yes OP you are being too picky and judgmental.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@EpicSteve said:
" If I went out on a date with a girl and she said "OMG" instead of "Oh my God", I would just leave. "
I completely agree with this.  I might not even say anything, I'd just gather my things and be on to the next one.
Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ragdrazi
@JB16 said:
" Uh haven't you guys ever heard of the phrase "Take the good with the bad". In other words, yes OP you are being too picky and judgmental. "
Translation: I have no standards, and for some amazing reason I think it's not judgmental to say that no one else should either.
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JB16
@Ragdrazi said:
" @JB16 said:
" Uh haven't you guys ever heard of the phrase "Take the good with the bad". In other words, yes OP you are being too picky and judgmental. "
Translation: I have no standards, and for some amazing reason I think it's not judgmental to say that no one else should either. "
No the translation is: Don't be a judgmental asshole who refuses to associate with people just because they have a twitter or like to say OMG.

I mean I can understand not wanting to hang with somebody because they're dumb or ignorant...but not hanging with somebody just because the have a twitter? Really?
Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ragdrazi
@JB16 said:
" @Ragdrazi said:
" @JB16 said:
Translation: I have no standards, and for some amazing reason I think it's not judgmental to say that no one else should either. "
No the translation is: Don't be a judgmental asshole who refuses to associate with people just because they have a twitter or like to say OMG.  I mean I can understand not wanting to hang with somebody because they're dumb or ignorant...but not hanging with somebody just because the have a twitter? Really? "
Wow! And now your indignantly judgmental!

You know, the entirety of last semester I studied the new forms of social media and their effects on social interaction, and I have to say, there are some real big changes going on. I don't blame this guy an ounce for wanting to have nothing to do with it.
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DrPockets000
@JokerClown88 said:
" If you have to ask then the answer is always yes. "
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BraveToaster
@JB16 said:
" @Ragdrazi said:
" @JB16 said:
No the translation is: Don't be a judgmental asshole who refuses to associate with people just because they have a twitter or like to say OMG.  I mean I can understand not wanting to hang with somebody because they're dumb or ignorant...but not hanging with somebody just because the have a twitter? Really? "
I agree... it's just Twitter, although I never use my account.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zeforgotten

You are. 
But then again it seems at least 90% of the people posting here are so there's nothing to worry about :)

Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Valco

Shouldn't you put some effort in and see them as rounded human beings?
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Make an application they have to fill out, less effort for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RE_Player92:
Way too picky... except with regards to religion, there you're not picky enough!
s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By s10129107

Do you really have to create rules that govern who you like and who you don't??

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EvilTwin

This is such a silly thread.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#36  Edited By sjschmidt93
@RE_Player92 said:

- People who have a twitter, I have come to accept facebook is here to stay but normal people shouldn't be posting on twitter- 
People who say omg instead of oh my god out loud, same goes with lol and wtf -
 Being too religious, you can believe what you want but don't preach it to me 
- People who reference jokes in movies a lot and think they are funny because of it... like quoting anchorman every other second "

I hate this.
I really fucking hate this.
 I hate this.
I am one of those guys. I'm not like my friends and only quote one fucking movie for the whole fucking day though, they make me think The Hangover is the only movie they've ever seen in in their entire lives.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Azteck

Some of those points are just plain silly, like the twitter one. I will agree on the religious and quoting comments to a certain degree though. People who try forcing their religion on me drive me nuts, I've had enough of that from growing up. Quotes from movies are fun until they get too frequent and/or obscure. Like my friend who keeps quoting G.I Joe. Makes me want to punch him in the face every time.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AlwaysAngry

It depends, are they sexy pieces o' pie, or are they ugly?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39  Edited By natetodamax

Maybe you should try Sex Panther. They've done studies you know. 60% of the time it works every time.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iam3green

not to picky, if you had like big huge list of things than yes. it does get kind of annoying when people say internet speak out loud. i had a friend do that, it was funny. i see twitter and facebook to be the same thing. the only difference is that twitter does not come with games like farmville and your limited  amount of characters.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jkz
@ZeForgotten said:
" You are. But then again it seems at least 90% of the people posting here are so there's nothing to worry about :) "
My feelings as well.
Kolonel_Kool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kolonel_Kool
@RE_Player92: You're being a little picky. What's wrong with Twitter? I can completely understand the whole "omg" thing. Seriously though, you are choosing based on social networking preferences, that is super lame. My girl can have a MySpace account for all I care. As long as she's not tweeting every 5 seconds, I'm cool.
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By Phished0ne

Eh some of your nitpicks are a bit irrational, not dating in your school in HS is kinda weird, but understandable.  But then again, part of being in a relationship is dealing with whatever mess is left afterwards, so saying "i dont wanna date people from my school because it would be awkward if i saw them around" is kind of a copout. Might as well not date anyone from your city then(if you live in a small city/town)..on the off-chance you might see them at starbucks.  

Not dating someone because they have twitter is completely stupid, and  your remark about "normal people shouldn't have twitter"  blows my mind.   But before i come off sounding like i am bashing you, its all a argument of semantics, some people call it being picky, some people call it having standards. The only time either of them is bad is if you put your standards too high. But most importantly i think you should keep your standards flexible, if you like some girl, why does it matter if tweets all the time? 

with that being said, your cool, it dosent seem like the standards your holding women to are too high.

voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By voodooterror

you should never have to settle for anything less then what you think you deserve!!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CL60

Yes you are picky, except for the religion one. I'm with you on that.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RE_Player1
@Phished0ne: Ya these are little things. I'm not saying a girl, or anyone I hang out with, has to be good looking, blonde and blue eyes. These are little things that really get on my nerves.   
@Kolonel_Kool:
 It's my fault  I didn't make this clear in my original post but when I say people using twitter I mean the people that use it every five seconds, like when they post " Here at Starbucks, yum!!!" 
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@RE_Player92 said:
" Throughout high school I really only had one rule, don't date someone in the same school. "
I just stopped there. Yes, you are being too picky.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RE_Player1
@ZanzibarBreeze said: 
I stopped there. I mean seriously? 
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Whisperkill

I quote movies a lot, but they are always very appropriate quotations for the situation.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RE_Player1
@Whisperkill said:
" I quote movies a lot, but they are always very appropriate quotations for the situation. "
Nothing wrong with quoting movies, its when you quote the movie 100 times and think your original...