Amazon 3rd Party Seller USB 2.0 to IDE/SATA connection

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

Last year, from an Amazon affiliate, I purchased a USB 2.0 to IDE/SATA connection cable. However in the description it was not clear that only older SATA HDDs worked on it, so what I needed it for it did not do. In my review I was straightforward, I said that it didn't work on new drives and was too much work to send it back. Strictly speaking that last part was wrong, ist sort of bad not to give them a chance to make it right, but as a socially anxious person returning items is a nighmare.

So, today I opened and e-mail about a refund I was getting for a product I shipped back, but of course I didn't ship ANY products back. Then I saw I received this email a few minutes before:

Dear My Friends,

I am the sales on amazon.

I know you bought item from our shop before and I saw your review under our listing.

We contribute to provide the best service and upgrade our product all the time.

We have handle your refund.

Could you please delete the review under the listing or edit to 5 star, because this is the few accident of our product, and we will try our best to complete our product.

Looking forward your replying.

Thank you.

Brian

I have no beef with the company. The cable was cheap and only worked on very old 2005 vintage HDDs, so the fact it did specify it would not work on new SATA drives was merely annoying. I don't think it was malfeasance as much as just selling outdated tech without proper descriptions. (I even feel a little bad because obviously nobody is a native English speaker at the company if they are sending disjointed emails like the one above.)

Yet, the email annoys me because all they had to do was DISCONTINUE selling the products under that item number or description; and then sell a "NEW" product under a new description or product number not connected to my review. Hell, just emailing me and then offering the new product, and HOPING I did a new review would have been just as cost effective. And sending new product to a dozen people would have been cleaner. I'd feel dirty deleting my review, and just as dirty changing it to five stars. Meanwhile they credited my account or credit card with $6.49. I'm not mad, just disappointed they choose this tactic.

Am I wrong? Should I just delete the review of the old product? What they did is "wrong headed" in my opinion, but that's it. Maybe, this is how they deal with a mistake...I don't know? (BTW: They have done this to a few other customers from what I am reading.)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

If it was me, I wouldn't delete the review since there is no way to know if the product has actually been improved or not. I would have taken a new cable as well and then updated my review if it was better than the old one.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I once ordered headphone from a seller on Amazon, it never arrived. I emailed them and magically it arrived like a week later.

I left a bad review saying shipping took way too long. They then proceeded to ask me to take it down. I did not.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I once left a bad review on Amazon because a cable I bought was bad and they didn't respond for 3 weeks. They noticed the feedback, sent me a new cable, and asked me to delete the feedback.

I told them it stays and that if they contacted me again I'd report them to Amazon.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By monkeyking1969

Well, I am leave the original review there and they have not contacted me again. So hopefull that is over. I bought a replacement cable from a different company last weeks (a year later); otherwise I woudl have put the money they refused back towards the new model. It odd that this should come up a few days after purchasing the other cable, but that seems like happenstance.

I try to leave objective and helpful review on Amazon to cut through the junk, but that all you can really do. You cannot trust the reviews 100% on Amazon, but even if everyone left real reviews they probably cannot counteract expenses like mine where companies try to sway reviews.