Any artists around? I'm looking for recommendations

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey gang,

I'm part of a secret santa this year, and someone I've been matched with is an artist. I know she does a lot of work with glass frames, but also likes traditional art too (Pencil and colours type art)

What would you recommend buying for this person to make sure they get a quality present? Art is probably my least knowledgeable subject, so I guess I'd like to know what YOU would like if you were this person.

Budget can go up to about £50-£75. I'm all ears, as I have ZERO idea really.

Thank you in advance if you take the time to give me any ideas!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I posted this to General and not offtopic!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@sombre: Not sure what sort of art she does but a nice set of Pigma Micron pens would be a real welcome Secret Santa gift.

Avatar image for lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It'd be helpful to know what kind of materials she enjoys using. You could get some nice brushes for that price, for example, but they wouldn't be much good if she doesn't use paint (or ink).

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe something like this, or a tool roll?

https://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-men-accessories/Legacy-14-Tool-Bag-260105

well-considered bags and storage usually is a pretty awesome gift.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: I picked up one of these as a gift this year. It's a pretty nice little sketch set that comes in a nice leather wrap around carry case so it's easy to transport around. You could pair it with some nice Copic pens/markers/multi-liners. They've plenty of sets and options to choose from.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: I picked up one of these as a gift this year. It's a pretty nice little sketch set that comes in a nice leather wrap around carry case so it's easy to transport around. You could pair it with some nice Copic pens/markers/multi-liners. They've plenty of sets and options to choose from.

This looks wonderful. I was thinking THIS, and maybe some personalised brushes. I know my giftee's name, so I was thinking about getting her initials on a nice brush if the cost isn't WILD

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A gang? We're dangerous or what, haha?

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Tom_omb

I know I'm a bit late for the secret Santa, but I'm going to reply anyway.

Art supplies are something so personal that it's hard to answer on such little information. I've been gifted sketchbooks and supplies in the past, but they can just pile up because it's not the kind that suit my methods, habits or lifestyle. One option is an art store gift card.

Or, if you want to give something more inspired and you know a bit about this person's tastes there's a variety of art books out there. Anatomy, illustration, art history, photography there's a lot out there. Even if you think you don't know much about art if you find something that's full of pretty pictures it could make a good gift. It doesn't have to be the kind of art she does, artists are often inspired by art outside of their wheel house.

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy him quality material for his work