Apparently asking how things are going is offensive now?

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By EliasT

Today I called a dude I had met at a STAR Test for the first time a few weeks ago. Shit was mad wack, here's why.

So my mom found his number (the guy's name is Mark, I really think it would be funny to give out his number here for the lulz, but I won't) in the dirty clothes (probably in a pants pocket) and I was excited, I was like "Hey I was thinking about calling Mark, I wonder how life's going for him?" So I called him a bit eariler today (5 or 6 PM if I recall properly) and this is what follows:

Me: "Hey is this Mark?"
Mark: "Huh?"
Me: "Is this Mark? This is Elias from testing, I wanted to call to see what's been going on."
Mark: "Hey are you that guy from Vegas? Did you get my text message?" (wtf)
Me: "Huh? No this is Elias."
Mark: "Aaron?"
Me: "No, Elias, E.L.I.A.S., from the STAR test earlier this month. I just wanted to see how things were going."
Mark: "OH. That guy!
They're going okay, I'm just chillin out."
Me: "That's cool, hey what are you going to do this summer? I'm so pysched! I'm going to be gaming a lot, I don't get to play too much video games because I'm pretty busy often doing my homeschool work and excersizing, etc., so I'm going to be able to do a lot of that. What are you going to do this summer man?"
Mark: "I got nothing planned, I think I'll just be relaxing."
Me: "Are you going to be seeing any movies this summer? Any movies you're excited about? Summer is the season for movies after all."
Mark: "I dunno I haven't seen to many I'm interested in yet"
Me: "So how's school been going? You told me you've been getting D's and F's, have things been getting better? Is everything looking up-
Me: "Is school going well for you lately?"
Mark: " SOMEONESCALLINMEONTHEPHONE"
The fucker hung up.

I called him back and asked him if he had dropped the phone or something, he said "No I hung up" and hung up AGAIN.

Since when does somebody feel it's okay to hang up on someone mid conversation for no reason when someone is being really polite to them?

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EliasT

Today I called a dude I had met at a STAR Test for the first time a few weeks ago. Shit was mad wack, here's why.

So my mom found his number (the guy's name is Mark, I really think it would be funny to give out his number here for the lulz, but I won't) in the dirty clothes (probably in a pants pocket) and I was excited, I was like "Hey I was thinking about calling Mark, I wonder how life's going for him?" So I called him a bit eariler today (5 or 6 PM if I recall properly) and this is what follows:

Me: "Hey is this Mark?"
Me: "Is this Mark? This is Elias from testing, I wanted to call to see what's been going on."
Mark: "Hey are you that guy from Vegas? Did you get my text message?" (wtf)
Me: "Huh? No this is Elias."
Mark: "Aaron?"
Me: "No, Elias, E.L.I.A.S., from the STAR test earlier this month. I just wanted to see how things were going."
Mark: "OH. That guy!
They're going okay, I'm just chillin out."
Me: "That's cool, hey what are you going to do this summer? I'm so pysched! I'm going to be gaming a lot, I don't get to play too much video games because I'm pretty busy often doing my homeschool work and excersizing, etc., so I'm going to be able to do a lot of that. What are you going to do this summer man?"
Mark: "I got nothing planned, I think I'll just be relaxing."
Me: "Are you going to be seeing any movies this summer? Any movies you're excited about? Summer is the season for movies after all."
Mark: "I dunno I haven't seen to many I'm interested in yet"
Me: "So how's school been going? You told me you've been getting D's and F's, have things been getting better? Is everything looking up-
Me: "Is school going well for you lately?"
Mark: " SOMEONESCALLINMEONTHEPHONE"
The fucker hung up.

I called him back and asked him if he had dropped the phone or something, he said "No I hung up" and hung up AGAIN.

Since when does somebody feel it's okay to hang up on someone mid conversation for no reason when someone is being really polite to them?

Avatar image for natural_deadhead
natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By natural_deadhead

I didn't understand that conversation
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EliasT
@natural_deadhead said:
" I didn't understand that conversation "
At first he pretended he didn't know me, then he hung up on me mid conversation, it's pretty obvious.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

I guess you reminded them of how terrible their summer was going. :P

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

haha so he picked up and said "i hung up" then hung up? that's pretty funny.  

though i'm sure the dude just didn't want to talk. maybe he didn't care about what you were doing or who you were.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EliasT
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" I guess you reminded them of how terrible their summer was going. :P "
Our summer hasn't started yet, we go to the exact same online school.
OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OllyOxenFree

No Caption Provided

Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Siris

He was obviously not very interested in talking to you. Something tells me you don't have many friends..

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EliasT
@AjayRaz said:
" haha so he picked up and said "i hung up" then hung up? that's pretty funny.    though i'm sure the dude just didn't want to talk. maybe he didn't care about what you were doing or who you were. "
He could of fucking said that instead of hanging up like a dick sucker. I'd be a lot more happy if he did that.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Ineedaname

Dude, he met you at a random test, you never spoke to him for weeks and you decide to ring him and expect him to be best buddies?

natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natural_deadhead

How does online school work?
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EliasT
@Siris said:
" He was obviously not very interested in talking to you. Something tells me you don't have many friends.. "
I have 1, things are simpler that way.
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Bones8677

Yeah I don't think he wanted to talk. He might be someone like me, unless you're a close friend, don't bother trying to start a conversation with me after a long time of nothing.  

You calling him out of the blue like that was a tad inappropriate. You're a guy he met once for a very brief time, asking him what all his personal plans are for the summer. Kinda creepy.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EliasT
@Ineedaname said:

" Dude, he met you at a random test, you never spoke to him for weeks and you decide to ring him and expect him to be best buddies? "

I was asking him how he  was doing, I WAS CATCHING UP WITH HIM.

Also, we met 1 once at a test for 3 DAYS IN A ROW.
natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By natural_deadhead

Dude, go to public school.
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EliasT
@mnzy said:
" He does not like you. "
No shit, again, he could have just said something like that instead of being a cowardly asshole.
hai2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hai2u

do dudes usually call each other and just chat them up? all my phone convos with other dudes are pretty much one asking the other if they were up to something and wana hang out or if some1 got a question that needs to be answered.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bones8677
@EliasT said:
" @mnzy said:
" He does not like you. "
No shit, again, he could have just said something like that instead of being a cowardly asshole. "
He didn't want to hurt your feelings, but when you called again, he just said, "fuck it."
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EliasT
@natural_deadhead said:
" How does online school work? "
You do assigned lessons every day, usually about 4-6 (they each last easily over an hour and a half), so it's basically like regular high school, except at home.
emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By emkeighcameron

You didn't know him well enough (and he didn't know you well enough) for this phone call to work/make any sense. 

And what the hell is a STAR test?

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EliasT
@emkeighcameron said:
" You didn't know him well enough (and he didn't know you well enough) for this phone call to work/make any sense.   And what the hell is a STAR test? "
A test homeschoolers that attend K12 take once a year.
natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By natural_deadhead

Maybe you should try regular highschool
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EliasT
@Tetsuo said:
" Holy shit, you're dumb as hell. Are you autistic or something? Dude was being polite and clearly hinting that he didn't want to talk to you, you kept on blathering on about shit neither he nor anyone else gives a damn about, and then after he dropped the least subtle hint in the history of language, you called him back? "
Not at all, he pretended he didn't know me at the beginning of the conversation if you didn't understand that first part.
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EliasT
@Tetsuo said:
"   Oh, you're homeschooled. Now everything makes sense.    Carry on. "
Wow, what an ignorant cunt, I can't believe people like you.
Avatar image for fakeplastictree
FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FakePlasticTree

So you tried to pick up a guy you met and he didn't go for it? I'm confused. 

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By emkeighcameron

Hey I was homeschooled tooo

*phone rings* huh

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mmmslash

I'd be your friend, Elias!

:D

cancerdancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cancerdancer
@Siris said:
" He was obviously not very interested in talking to you. Something tells me you don't have many friends.. "
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By grilledcheez

Well, he sounds like a douche, and you sound a little awkward.  I would have been more lenient had you called me (don't though)

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EliasT
@Mmmslash said:
" I'd be your friend, Elias!  :D "
That would mean something if you knew m-

Dammit YOU HUNG UP TOO? Or did you just drop the phone? xD
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EliasT
@emkeighcameron said:
" Hey I was homeschooled tooo  *phone rings* huh "
If you actually had basic reading skills, you would realize that MARK said "huh?" as the first thing he said, NOT ME.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tunaburn

i would of hung up on you too. do you really talk like that? i mean do use really use that grammar and those words in your everyday life? and do you really ask those kind of questions like that to dudes? thats kind of a girl thing to do.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mmmslash
@EliasT:  Nopenope, still on the line! How's the homeschooling going? Do you have to learn crazy stuff like Esperanto? I dated a homeschooled guy a year ago or so, and he was also lacking in some social skills type areas. He was also a really kinky guy, but I'm not sure if that's an environmental thing. Anyway, his parents made him learn Latin and Esperanto and stuff, on top of his normal studies, but the guy had no idea what the Revolutionary War was! It was nuts.
natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By natural_deadhead

Yall are mean to the guy.
FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FakePlasticTree
@EliasT said:
" @emkeighcameron said:
If you actually had basic reading skills, you would realize that MARK said "huh?" as the first thing he said, NOT ME. "
Can I ask why you're so seemingly worked up over a dude you met once? If someone calls me, I want them to have something to say, not just 'hey how's it going'. I understand being homeschooled might affect your ability to make friends and develop social skills as quickly as someone in a public school, but you just called the guy to say hi, essentially. From your little transcript it didn't really seem like you had anything important to say to the guy, and he wasn't interested in hearing about your video game playing summer.  

Just move on. If this dude doesn't want to be your friend, so be it. 
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EliasT
@Mmmslash said:
" @EliasT:  Nopenope, still on the line! How's the homeschooling going? Do you have to learn crazy stuff like Esperanto? I dated a homeschooled guy a year ago or so, and he was also lacking in some social skills type areas. He was also a really kinky guy, but I'm not sure if that's an environmental thing. Anyway, his parents made him learn Latin and Esperanto and stuff, on top of his normal studies, but the guy had no idea what the Revolutionary War was! It was nuts. "
Thank you for not making me feel like an asshole.

Anyways, I  have learned a bit of Spanish, not sure what Esperanto is though. This will sound cliched, but homeschooling isn't what people think it is, I have a friend that is homeschooled that has some of the best social skills I've seen in my life, that's no joke.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tunaburn
@FakePlasticTree:  very good point. this is a prime example of how being homeschooled can effect someones ability to interact with other people.
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EliasT
@natural_deadhead said:
" Yall are mean to the guy. "
Thank you for that.
Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By Bennyishere

Since when do people use phones to call people?

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EliasT
@FakePlasticTree said:
   Just move on. If this dude doesn't want to be your friend, so be it.  "
Well yeah, I kind of figured that when I ended the first call.

I called again for re-assurance, and I was assured that he actually didn't like me, which is always funny to me, I always try to be nice to people and I get kicked in the beanbags OVER and OVER and OVER again, in some ways I'm glad I'm homeschooled.

That doesn't mean I think that all people suck, no no, I'm not a cynic.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mmmslash
@EliasT: Esperanto is the most popular universal auxiliary language. The belief is that if you can give the world a unified language, you can improve it drastically. From bridging cultural gaps to easing the ability to communicate and do business, it's theoretically great. In practice, it doesn't make much of a difference.

I didn't mean to imply all homeschooled folk are pretty lacking in the social department, but the guys I've met who've been homeschooled, and cultivated most of their friendships over the internet, are a lot like you. It's not an overly negative thing, as long as you aren't bitter about social occlusion, you all are some of the nicest folks I have ever met. It's just a shame you're also some of the people who take the hardest knocks from others.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45  Edited By CoolDrMoney

This is a rousing endorsement for homeschooling

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EliasT
@CoolDrMoney said:
" This is a rousing endorsement for homeschooling "
Yeah, it's amazing that some homeschoolers can be such assholes.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tunaburn
@EliasT said:
" @FakePlasticTree said:
Well yeah, I kind of figured that when I ended the first call.  I called again for re-assurance, and I was assured that he actually didn't like me, which is always funny to me, I always try to be nice to people and I get kicked in the beanbags OVER and OVER and OVER again, in some ways I'm glad I'm homeschooled.  That doesn't mean I think that all people suck, no no, I'm not a cynic. "
i dont think you where be kicked in the beanbags over and over for trying to be nice to people if you were not homeschooled. you obviously are very socially awkward. the grammar you used in your conversation. and even in describing your conversation was just odd. and plus dudes dont call each other to ask how they are doing and what theyre up to. people like you are the reason im so against home schooling. even going into a socially repressed private school would at least teach you how to interact with people.
emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By emkeighcameron
@EliasT said:
" @emkeighcameron said:
If you actually had basic reading skills, you would realize that MARK said "huh?" as the first thing he said, NOT ME. "
And here I thought I was being a nice guy, trying to back up a fellow homie, but no, instead I get nothing but vitriol and personal attacks. I WOULD HANG UP ON YOU TOO, NOW  >:|
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mmmslash
@emkeighcameron:  Poor guy =(
FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FakePlasticTree
@EliasT said:
" @FakePlasticTree said:
Well yeah, I kind of figured that when I ended the first call.  I called again for re-assurance, and I was assured that he actually didn't like me, which is always funny to me, I always try to be nice to people and I get kicked in the beanbags OVER and OVER and OVER again, in some ways I'm glad I'm homeschooled.  That doesn't mean I think that all people suck, no no, I'm not a cynic. "
Why would you call him back after he hung up on you?