Botched Haircut

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Crono

I recently moved and I don't know the area all that well here.  I have been needing a hair cut for awhile but it was something I overlooked while moving.  So, after settling in and what not, I decided to finally go get that haircut I had been needing... well things went bad... like real bad.  I now have a huge rectangle cut into the back of my head that goes all the way to the skin.  It starts at about halfway down my head and goes all the way down.  The person cutting my hair said they thought they had a different length equipped.  I was pretty pissed off and left without paying but not without a few words (I'm not the kind of person to throw a fit in public either - in fact, this may have been my first time) - so now I basically have to shave my head - something I have never done and quite honestly, don't look forward to.  I really don't think I have the kind of head for a full shaving - but there is no other option unless I can magically grow my hair back by simply willing it to happen - I suppose I could just have a super super high neckline and look like a really big dork/loser.  Basically - I am going to look like my avatar - but no where near as cool.  Also, yes, I realize it will grow back and that overall it isn't that big of a deal but I don't think that should excuse something like this :O

Anyway, has anyone else ever experienced such a fuck up while getting their haircut?

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Three0neFive

I think you should leave it. Could be an interesting conversation starter.

If you don't know the area very well, I'm assuming you don't know a whole lot of people there, am I right? Who cares if some random assholes you walk by on the street think you look funny?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

That sucks man, I haven't ever had something like that happen to me.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I tried to cut my own hair once. My hair is beautiful, and I am known for it. Anyways, this was in middle school, and I fucked it up, so I had my brother shave my head. The next day at school was spent explaining to people what had happened. 

It was a very long day.

Also, Botched Haircut is a good name for a band.

nyuckelhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By nyuckelhead

nope i cut my own hair so if its screwed up its my fault.  about your hair cut, dude i think you should keep it.  that sounds badass

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

What's wrong shaving your head.  I don't go all the way down, but super short hair makes everything easier. 

Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ChristianCastillo

I suggest u get an army cut, fade on the sides and back of head and shorten wat uve got on top

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman

Dang dude, I need to get a haircut but you have scared me.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArchScabby

lol

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10  Edited By Symphony

Ick, that sucks. I've got really long hair and I've heard way too many horror stories of hairdressers deciding to cut off a lot more than they were told to so I'd never let one touch my hair. 

Maybe if you can still get a buzz cut or crew cut out of it, try going for one of those?

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I've been lucky enough to avoid such a mishap, perhaps it's best if you find another barbershop.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crono
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" I tried to cut my own hair once. My hair is beautiful, and I am known for it. Anyways, this was in middle school, and I fucked it up, so I had my brother shave my head. The next day at school was spent explaining to people what had happened.  It was a very long day. Also, Botched Haircut is a good name for a band. "
haha yes, i think i have a long day coming up too :p
Singeslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Singeslayer

I am glad you've turned to gamers in a time of crisis because to be honest, gamers I find are pretty chill dudes. (and dudettes; I don't discriminate)  But, there is always the ubiquitous 'that guy'. I feel like everyone knows 'that guy' though.

Anyways, as a man who has had 3 botched haircuts within the last 3 years, I suggest you go as low as you can to your scalp without losing everything.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crono
@Singeslayer said:
" I am glad you've turned to gamers in a time of crisis because to be honest, gamers I find are pretty chill dudes. (and dudettes; I don't discriminate)  But, there is always the ubiquitous 'that guy'. I feel like everyone knows 'that guy' though.  Anyways, as a man who has had 3 botched haircuts within the last 3 years, I suggest you go as low as you can to your scalp without losing everything. "
Yes, to be quite honest I was surprised at how little "snarkiness" there was in the responses!  Pleasantly surprised I should say.  I appreciate all of the suggestions.
j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By j_drace

Do you live in America because no one here knows how to cut hair?  Unfortunately all of the employees at Hair Salon's are 20 year old trashy hoodrat chicks who didn't even finish highschool. 

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
No Caption Provided
Get a weird Kanye West shaved head styling. 

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Illmatic

Seeing as I'm black with low cut hair, the worst scenario I ever experience is a crooked hairline, something that very few people ever even notice.

Basilisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Basilisk

I am my own barber.  Though, I take a very simplistic approach to grooming: either I shave my hair down to the skin, or I leave it untouched for months on end.  I've been sporting a full beard and top knot for the past year.  I like the look and feel of it.  I may never cut my hair again.

As for you: even if you do shave your hair all the way down, and you don't like it, you might be surprised with how fast it grows back.  Back when I shave my hair down, I'd have noticeable hair in about a week.  And who knows, maybe a shaved head will look good on you.   I'd consider this an opportunity to be forced into trying something new.  And let's pretend that you do look horrible with a shaved head: if anyone mocks you, you can politely tell them how much more absurd you would look with a rectangle on your head.

Singeslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Singeslayer
@Crono:  Hell yea.