Breaking Bad Returns July 15! *Spoilers*

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By breadfan

The fifth and final season of Breaking Bad is set to return next month. I cannot express how excited I am to see what happens after last season. Would calling season four one of the best seasons in television history be going too far? What does everyone think will happen to Walt and Jesse, and how can they story lines be resolved over this coming season? I think Jesse is going to turn on Walt, I mean he has to. Between Walt letting Jane die, his constant using of Jesse, and the whole Lilly of the Valley shocker last season, it's gotta be Walt vs. Jesse.

What are your thoughts?

No Caption Provided

This video is possibly the greatest thing on the internet.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

Sucks that they're splitting it in half.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7

Shit is going to get intense. I have a feeling Walt Jr. is going to be forcibly brought into the center of it all by Jesse once he finds out what Walt has been up to. Then the final showdown is going to be Jesse and Walt, but that bald dude is going to step in and kill Jesse. My bet is him and Walter managed to get into some kind of agreement long before this and Walt hands what he has left of it to him, and life goes on.

Then again, the entire premise of the show is Walter is going to die. I mean, cancer and all. So who knows. Season 4 was fucking nuts so I have no idea where this'll go, but I can safely say, probably the moon.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Thanks for the date dude. I didn't read your post because I don't want no spoilers.

But man, HYPED.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nilazz

Aaron Paul tweeted that the plan to split the season in half has been cut. Instead, the second part will be called Season 6.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By J12088

Walter has to die or go to prison. They cannot end the show with him walking away from all hes done and what hes become. Can't do it. Gus was untouchable for a reason. Those reasons are going to come and bite Walter in the ass in S5 in my opinion.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan
@N7 said:
Then the final showdown is going to be Jesse and Walt, but that bald dude is going to step in and kill Jesse.
It's been a while, but didn't Jesse save Mike (the bald dude) when shit went bad in Mexico?
TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TeamJersey

Yeah, there is just now way this will all be tied up nice and neat with a red bow. Shit is going to get BAD.

Having said that, I cannot wait to see what goes down because I love this show.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nilazz

Walter will die, Jesse will forgive him for everything and help Skyler raising their child.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Mijati

I thought this topic was about Breaking Brad and was looking forward to it :(

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NegativeCero

Can't wait for this. That poster looks great, too.

Whampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Whampire

I am baffled as to how they can follow S4 in a way that makes any sense. But I'm really excited to see what they do.

I'm also excited to see how Mike the Cleaner factors back into the story now that Gus isn't around.

For those into Podcasts: in a recent episode of Comedy Bang Bang, Bob Odenkirk is on the show in character as Saul Goodman. He tries to talk Alison Brie into becoming a stripper. It is great.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By saethir

I cannot wait for this, as bummed as I am about the idea of it not wrapping up until next year.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By N7
@Breadfan said:
@N7 said:
Then the final showdown is going to be Jesse and Walt, but that bald dude is going to step in and kill Jesse.
It's been a while, but didn't Jesse save Mike (the bald dude) when shit went bad in Mexico?
Ah! Mike! How could I forget his name.

Like I said though, man. Walter could have been up to some serious shit. Just like with the plant reveal at the end of season 4, we didn't know he did it, we thought Gus was up to it. So right when you think you know where it's going - BAM! Back to square one.

But truthfully, Jesse and Walt have had some serious falling-outs. It's pretty obvious they will clash for real at least once, if someone doesn't step in and stop it. Something's going to happen. And all of it will be intense and unexpected.
Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nilazz

I really hope the show will end with Walt and Jesse being friends ( they are going to have a BIG fight about that flower thingy ), but one of has to die, why? Just because it's that kind of show.

Whampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Whampire

@N7 said:

But truthfully, Jesse and Walt have had some serious falling-outs. It's pretty obvious they will clash for real at least once, if someone doesn't step in and stop it. Something's going to happen. And all of it will be intense and unexpected.

I feel like the whole 4th season Mike was warming up to Jesse. He thought he was a total pain in the ass at first, but by the end I think that Mike was at the very least amused by Jesse.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By toowalrus

Hank needs to kill Hizenburg. He needs to be the hero of the series. Walt needs to die at the hand of Hank.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mandude

I can't help but feel that the show has gone on too long. Halfway through season 4, I was getting tired of it.

@Nilazz said:

Aaron Paul tweeted that the plan to split the season in half has been cut. Instead, the second part will be called Season 6.

And hopefully, they'll split the last episode of season 6 into a 4 part special that's 5 hours long in total and will air throughout the year of 2014!

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wjb

I actually just got done watching the four seasons the other week in preparation for next month -- late to the party. It's a great show, but the end of last season kind of annoyed me. Specifically, how Gus magically knew not to go near is car in the parking deck. I suppose since he's a drug-lord and constantly has hits out for him, he's developed a "sixth sense" for that sort of thing, but I felt that entire sequence was unwarranted tension and kind of lame. If there was a subtle hint that something was amiss -- like how the car looked or something -- then fine, but there wasn't. He just knew.

The Lily of the Valley stuff was interesting, because it showed just how much of a sociopath Walter is and would do anything to get his way, but I want them to explain how he managed to poison a kid he doesn't even know. That's got to be hard as shit if you think about it, especially when the mom understands that Walter might be bad news since Jesse wasn't too pleased to see him in that one scene, and I'm going to be a little upset if they do not explain how Walter accomplished it. Just thinking about it is absurd; does he sprinkle some lily into the kid's burger at McDonald's when the kid isn't looking? "Oh my god, is that Grimace?! ::sprinkle sprinkle::"

I'm typically not the type of person that needs everything shown to me -- not even close -- but if it's a "big reveal" and then I'm told to "not worry about it," eh. I assume they'll explain, but whatever, that last shot didn't leave me the same impression as others. Season 4 wasn't my favorite; I enjoyed 2 and 3 more.

I like the screen-grab for that video. Walter has trouble keeping his mouth closed, I've noticed. A lot.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SlightConfuse

I'm ready bitch. Also mike is going to be pissed at what happened

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hunkulese
@Nilazz

@TooWalrus

Hank needs to kill Hizenburg. He needs to be the hero of the series. Walt needs to die at the hand of Hank.

It was pretty stupid calling an eight month hiatus a mid season break.

I fucking hate Hank and I'm hoping for the opposite. Walt is forced to kill him after he finally figures it out.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Milkman

I kind of just want to see Walt and Jesse make up and be friends again but clearly, that isn't happening. Where ever they go with it should be awesome.

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kingofpeanuts

Did anyone else read this as Breaking Brad, and got super excited, or was that just me? I don't watch TV so I don't really care about the show.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

I really had no idea where the show would be going after season 4 ended, but Walt vs. Jesse makes a lot of sense.

Penelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By Penelope

Normally for shows I have a pretty clear idea of what the overall plot outlines are going to be but Breaking Bad keeps me on my toes pretty constantly.

I love the entire point of the series being about the transformation Walt goes through. From whimpering naive teacher to power hungry sociopath. As the levels build our stomachs continue to sink. That being said, how are the writers planning on wrapping it up? I think it depends mostly on what they want the message of the entire series to be. I often think about what I would do if I was writing the series. You all want Walt to die, and that's what the writers have been saying is in store all along.

What if he doesn't though?

Wouldn't that be the cruelest justice? If he lives, could his conscience even handle it? Could he go back to who he was? Does he even want to? All his motivation for doing everything he's done would be out the window. Nothing was justified.

How would he handle that?

My guess, the series ends with Walt essentially ruining everything that was once important to him, only to find out he's going to survive the cancer. He'll end up being responsible for the deaths of even more people before entirely self imploding. Then he kills himself in his grief realizing what he's become.

At least, that's how I'd write it.

What will happen though?

I don't think Jessie will ever find out about Walt poisoning the kid. Not entirely sure how their relationship will come to a head. The path seems pretty clearly paved for the two of them right now with nothing standing between them. Mike seems to be the only real fly in the ointment. After punching Walt in the bar last season, it's obvious he had no notion to turn on Gus, and even felt loyal and affectionate towards him. How will he react to finding out Walt killed him? I have no idea what Mike actually wants. It doesn't appear to be just money, so I'm really looking forwards to finding out more about him.

Also, what about all the video footage of Jessie and Walter cooking Meth that was being transmitted to Gus and Pollo Loco? If any of that was saved, those guys are all screwed.

I've always thought it would be interesting to actually see Walt actually take some meth and smell what he's shoveling but I don't think that's going to happen either.

Overall, VERY excited for the new season.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uniform

Hope it has a Jason Voorhees-like Zombie Gus, where they temporarily kill him at the end of every season, only to have him come back to "life" at the beginning of the next.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NegativeCero

@uniform said:

Hope it has a Jason Voorhees-like Zombie Gus, where they temporarily kill him at the end of every season, only to have him come back to "life" at the beginning of the next.

Taking his revenge with only a box cutter!

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Walt is going to die. I dont want him to, but the amount of stuff he's done...man he's sunk real low. I really hope they don't kill Jesse, or set Jesse and Walt against each other, thats the last thing I want. Those two are constantly at each others throats but that dynamic of them still sticking together is part of what I love about it. I can't wait for this show.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Ghostiet

Hank is taking down Walter. Obviously.

@will_leisure said:

The Lily of the Valley stuff was interesting, because it showed just how much of a sociopath Walter is and would do anything to get his way, but I want them to explain how he managed to poison a kid he doesn't even know. That's got to be hard as shit if you think about it, especially when the mom understands that Walter might be bad news since Jesse wasn't too pleased to see him in that one scene, and I'm going to be a little upset if they do not explain how Walter accomplished it. Just thinking about it is absurd; does he sprinkle some lily into the kid's burger at McDonald's when the kid isn't looking? "Oh my god, is that Grimace?! ::sprinkle sprinkle::"

Saul probably did it. He's shown giving the kid candy earlier in the season and it's his goon that steals Pinkman's cigarettes.

@will_leisure said:

It's a great show, but the end of last season kind of annoyed me. Specifically, how Gus magically knew not to go near is car in the parking deck. I suppose since he's a drug-lord and constantly has hits out for him, he's developed a "sixth sense" for that sort of thing, but I felt that entire sequence was unwarranted tension and kind of lame. If there was a subtle hint that something was amiss -- like how the car looked or something -- then fine, but there wasn't. He just knew.

I always felt he simply made the connection between Walter and a kid dying around Jesse. Who else knew that he can be framed for this shit and that Jesse has a soft spot for kids apart from Walter? Dude waited what, 20 years, to get his revenge on the cartel - it's only natural that he didn't fall for this shit.

Also, Gilligan confirmed that Gus' car in the parking lot will probably come to bite Walt in the ass next season.

@Penelope said:

My guess, the series ends with Walt essentially ruining everything that was once important to him, only to find out he's going to survive the cancer. He'll end up being responsible for the deaths of even more people before entirely self imploding. Then he kills himself in his grief realizing what he's become.

Doubt he would kill himself if he got ANYTHING from it. A huge part of Walt's characterization is that the drug he is addicted to is victory - whenever he achieves even a small edge, he goes on a complete power binge. Look how smug he is at the end of season 3 and 4 - he's perfectly aware that a) he just pissed off and went directly against his boss in the most audacious way possible and b) he freely admitted to his wife that he exploded three people over the phone, but he just doesn't give a fuck. He's the boss in his own mind.

If Walter doesn't die, he'll probably be completely alone and quite possibly rich as fuck. He'll have a very, very long moment when he'll think about what happened and then he'll simply get back to counting cash he doesn't even need. Because in the end, he's alive and untouched. He's in the "right".

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cloneslayer

I'm super excited for this season. I heard that its going to be mainly Walter vs Jesse. Obviously Jesse will find out Walter poisoned that kid he loves to trick him into helping kill that dude. Drama ensues.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By stryker1121

I don't know if the show will end w/ Walter's death so to speak, el finito just like that. The showrunners are too tricky for something so obvious.

I'm guessing that Walt does something completely unconscionable to complete his Scarface transformation (my guess is he will kill Hank), a "point of no return" moment and after that the cancer comes back full bore. As he's dying he admits everything to Jesse, i.e. Jane and poisoning the kid, everything. Instead of Jesse killing Walt, however, Walt will "save" Jesse, get hiim the hell out of NM perhaps via Saul's "disappearer" guy that was mentioned last season. Walt's one last act of redemption for all the harm he's caused.

EDIT: Shit forgot about the season split. Just read that the last 8 eps won't be aired until summer '13. That kind of blows. Thought the show would come back in winter at least.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By ThePickle

My brain cannot process this level of excitement.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By JJOR64

Every time I read one of these thread topic titles, I always think of Breaking Brad.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By landon

@will_leisure said:

I actually just got done watching the four seasons the other week in preparation for next month -- late to the party. It's a great show, but the end of last season kind of annoyed me. Specifically, how Gus magically knew not to go near is car in the parking deck. I suppose since he's a drug-lord and constantly has hits out for him, he's developed a "sixth sense" for that sort of thing, but I felt that entire sequence was unwarranted tension and kind of lame. If there was a subtle hint that something was amiss -- like how the car looked or something -- then fine, but there wasn't. He just knew.

No sixth sense at all, Gus knew that he would die if he got in his car. Take a look at this.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By wjb

@Landon: Is there a link to that? The pic is too small for me to read. Unless I'm an idiot and doing something wrong...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#36  Edited By Yummylee

I fucking hope to Hell Walt dies. As the series goes on, he just delves deeper and deeper into becoming a pure scumbag. I knew he had something to do with the poisoning when they were on the rooftop recapping - the reaction he gave about learning the kid survived was no doubt for his own conscience.

I got into this series pretty late, but I began from the beginning maybe a month or two ago now. Fucking brilliant series, though it did start to wain during the middle portion of season 3. I think it was because at that point, everything was getting so oppressively dark; everyone kinda sucks in their own specific way, everything is fucking up, and Walter in particular was becoming more and more unlikeable as the show went on. Jesse most certainly has his moments as well, but he always redeems himself through the compassion he shows towards children and even Walt.

I really like Hank, though. He's kinda like the only true & blue character, along with Walter Jr., who helps balance things out somewhat. I'm not saying that a large cast of manipulators and douchebags is a bad thing, but I'm grateful that there are characters like Hank in there, too.

EDIT: Oh, and I love Saul. Goddamnit, he's like a mix between Alec Baldwin and.... some random SNL member. Point is I adore the guy. I mean not only for his mannerisms, but for the surprising amount of loyalty he shows to Walt and Jesse. A lot of it could be to keep his own skin firmly wrapped on his bones, but there are times where I'm sure he could have sold them out but didn't.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By landon

@will_leisure said:

@Landon: Is there a link to that? The pic is too small for me to read. Unless I'm an idiot and doing something wrong...

I'm sorry, i thought you could click it and make it bigger. I got it from reddit here.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Hank, I want Walter to kill him.