Breaking Bad: Season 5: PART I - The Thread

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#151  Edited By amlabella

I love how this show can have a fantastic character like Mike sit on the sidelines for the second half of an entire season and then come back in full force, no problem. I'm already calling an Emmy nod for Jonathan Banks when next year's awards are announced. Anyway, the entire episode was fantastic, loved the creepy ending.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By Aegon

@amlabella said:

I love how this show can have a fantastic character like Mike sit on the sidelines for the second half of an entire season and then come back in full force, no problem. I'm already calling an Emmy nod for Jonathan Banks when next year's awards are announced. Anyway, the entire episode was fantastic, loved the creepy ending.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure how having Mike play a bigger role would work out, but there was a nice bit of intensity in the last episode. It was pretty great.

Also, Aaron Paul made that emotional breakdown scene really believable. Acting skills.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By buzz_killington

I was talking to a friend of mine, he said Walt saying "I forgive you" to Skyler signifies the complete turn of the character, but I think it was last season when he said "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!"

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Patman99

@CaLe said:

I don't want to not like Walt but damn.. Damn if that's not some effective character work. Mike is right, Walt is a time bomb and it's only a matter of time before he blows.

I feel that Walt has just gotten way too greedy. I think the seedy drug world has taken a grasp of Walt's brain. The real tragedy, at least in my opinion, is that Walt and Jesse only have each other in this world (for the most part) yet they are so doubting of the one another. Walt does a scumbag thing to manipulate Jesse and then Jesse thinks he can outsmart Walt and the cycle continues. Mike seems to be the only one who has kept a fairly steady character throughout the whole series while Walt, Jesse, and Skylar have all taken weird turns.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#155  Edited By Liquidus

@kumquat said:

This is the first season that I'm watching in real time. The wait between episodes is killing me.

Also, Mike is fucking gangster.

Same here. After watching the incredible 4th season in two days, it's killing me waiting for a week for each episode. Almost considering to stop watching them like this and wait until it's over then watch them all in one go. Since, there's only 8 it wouldn't be too hard.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156  Edited By Ghostiet
@buzz_killington said:

I was talking to a friend of mine, he said Walt saying "I forgive you" to Skyler signifies the complete turn of the character, but I think it was last season when he said "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!"

No, it was his last line of season 4: "I won". By the time he made the door-knocker speech he was pretty much in denial. Same with his speech to that other cancer patient. It was Walt trying to convince himself he still matters in the game and that he has any advantage over Gus. Only now he really broke bad and made it to the other side. Look at his expression when he nods at Gus' car at the very end of Face/Off - it exemplifies the same smugness and sick self-satisfaction he's shown so far this season.
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By laserbolts

I have never been so invested in a show like I have with Breaking Bad. I though television couldn't top the sopranos but god is this show amazing. What is up with that other show that debuted last week? What a shit show to have on after the best show on tv.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By PillClinton

@Intro said:

Mike, I wanted you to shoot the lady in the face at the end, but I'm glad with the direction this is going. A movie on Mike needs to be made.

Breaking Bad is the best show on TV.

That part in last night's ep where he tricked that hitman through the door peep hole and then showed up behind him was BOSS. In fact, that entire scene was BOSS. Mike very well may be my favorite character now.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By AiurFlux

Fucking love this show. Seriously I can't say anything more. Time and time again it proves to be the absolute pinnacle of storytelling and character development.

But honestly, how awesome is Mike? Pretty awesome, right? I'm really REALLY happy he's playing a more major role this season because there's a lot in there to see. That simple "half measure" speech that he gave last season was probably THE best moment of last season and I'd kind of like to see his past expanded on more.

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#160  Edited By rockinkemosabe

Great start to the season so far. Also here's a treat. Here's Aaron Paul (Jesse) on the Price is Right. Yes, it awesome, and no, he doesn't say "one dollar, bitch!"

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@AiurFlux said:

Fucking love this show. Seriously I can't say anything more. Time and time again it proves to be the absolute pinnacle of storytelling and character development.

But honestly, how awesome is Mike? Pretty awesome, right? I'm really REALLY happy he's playing a more major role this season because there's a lot in there to see. That simple "half measure" speech that he gave last season was probably THE best moment of last season and I'd kind of like to see his past expanded on more.

He actually made that 'half measure' speech at the end of season 3.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By AiurFlux

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@AiurFlux said:

He actually made that 'half measure' speech at the end of season 3.

Did he? Well whatever. Minor mistake.

It all just blends together over time.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By BraveToaster

Episode 2 was awesome. Mike has always been an interesting character and I'm glad that we get to see more of him. The scene when he goes to the elderly Asian man's house (I don't remember his name) and sits down and questions Chris was good. Mike sounded like a calm, but upset father figure. I really wish that he did kill Lydia, the fact that she almost loses her composure shows that she's a weak link. Not to mention that she's kind of a brat, but maybe Mike can help her develop.

I've also noticed one of the statements the show is trying to make; any seemingly normal, innocent person can turn into a monster. We all have this dormant evil inside of us that awakens when given the proper circumstances. Or maybe I'm looking too far into it.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By teh_destroyer

Episode 2 was pretty awesome, Mike had some great moments and the one with Chris was really damn good.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Ghostiet
@BraveToaster said:

I really wish that he did kill Lydia, the fact that she almost loses her composure shows that she's a weak link. Not to mention that she's kind of a brat, but maybe Mike can help her develop.

I can't be the only one that noticed that Mike took a half-measure again. It's going to bite him in the ass probably.
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Aegon

Alright, it's almost time to get this show on the road.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#167  Edited By Phatmac

Breaking Bad time!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By SlightConfuse

BADGER!!!!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By SlightConfuse

oh shit kid meeting walt

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Phatmac

Skyler is going to rat out Walt. Calling it now.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By SlightConfuse

"everyone dies in this movie"

some foreshadowing

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Phatmac

Scarface is a great movie that can easily be compared to Breaking Bad. Nice pick.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Redsox44

This episode was amazing.

Think Walt is gonna get tired of Skylar and give her that ricin cigarette he kept.

Edit: Damn that preview for next week

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By laserbolts

Good episode. Not enough Hank though.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#175  Edited By FancySoapsMan

well fuck. That was extremely dickish (even by walt's standards) turning marie against Skylar now. 

gumdealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By gumdealer

I can't believe I watched twenty minutes of that security show after Breaking Bad. I just needed to see that 15 second preview, I'm in too deep (also that security show is fucking terrible).

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man...I have a feeling some bad business is gonna happen between Walt and Mike. And that fumigating houses set up is gonna go SO WRONG at some point. What a great show.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#178  Edited By Milkman

@FancySoapsMan said:

well fuck. That was extremely dickish (even by walt's standards) turning marie against Skylar now.

Walter is pretty much solidified as the villain of this show by now.

"Everyone dies in this movie." Fuck yeah, they do.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Aegon

Dude can rock that piano.

@Milkman said:

@FancySoapsMan said:

Walter is pretty much solidified as the villain of this show by now.

"Everyone dies in this movie." Fuck yeah, they do.

Him threatening Jesse made me angry. How dare you Walter...how dare you.

@Redsox44 said:

This episode was amazing.

Think Walt is gonna get tired of Skylar and give her that ricin cigarette he kept.

Edit: Damn that preview for next week

That would be great.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By toowalrus

Oh man, this is good stuff. It's actually making me uneasy, I know this fumigation business is going to go horribly wrong at some point. Walt is such a damn good liar- Marie confronted him and I had no idea how he was going to get out of it. I'm still wonder how the hell Walt managed to poison Brock, I thought for sure he'd be recognized. Walt used to be my favorite character, but they're doing a good job of making me hate his guts. He's manipulative, and I hate what he's doing to Jessie, I think it's safe to assume he's going to die at some point- I can't wait to see how they do it.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Wow, Walt is falling in deep, aka just like Tony Montana. That is foreshadowing like a mother, even down to the machine gun he will eventually get that was shown in the first episode. Holy moly.

Also, wow is Mike awesome. And coming up with cooking in the fumigation houses; brilliant writing.

Skylar, I feel is going to be like Michelle Pfieffer (again, Scarface) and just drug herself up to numb out everything about her new lifestyle that Walt has forced her into honestly. I don't think she can rat Walt out or she too will be an accomplish (using the money for the car wash).

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By AiurFlux

"Just cause you shot Jesse James don't make you Jesse James."

Yup. Mike poppin it off like a G.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#183  Edited By TheHT

Walt's a real piece of shit. The terror growing in Skylar is great to see. If it calls her to any action or not, we'll just have to wait and see.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By CaLe

Can someone explain to me what that chat with Jesse at the end was all about? I don't get it. I forgot all about what happened with Victor but I looked it up, and still I don't get it. Is he threatening Jesse? Mike? I'm missing something here.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Redsox44

@CaLe: I felt like he was threatening Mike because he's not thinking straight and is mad that he saw all that money get taken away by him. He thinks he's king and Mike is overstepping his place, which is what I took from the he flew too close to the sun line.

I could be wrong though, but that's how I saw it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#186  Edited By natetodamax
@CaLe

Can someone explain to me what that chat with Jesse at the end was all about? I don't get it. I forgot all about what happened with Victor but I looked it up, and still I don't get it. Is he threatening Jesse? Mike? I'm missing something here.

Walt told Jesse that when Gus cut Victor's throat, he was sending them a message about what happens to people when they "take too many liberties." Kinds like what Mike is doing by distributed their money around. That's how I interpreted it, anyway.
Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Phatmac

@CaLe: He's saying that Mike is becoming a problem by taking more money than Walt wanted. So like Vince from season 4, Walt wants to take out Mike.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By CaLe

Thanks for the explanations! I thought it was something like this but it seemed overly ambiguous so I couldn't really be sure what exactly he was trying to get at.

HisDudeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By HisDudeness

Walt's a shitty human being, seriously.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By strainedeyes

@TooWalrus said:

I'm still wonder how the hell Walt managed to poison Brock, I thought for sure he'd be recognized. .

That was explained in the season premier. One of Saul's guys poisoned Brock.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By wjb

Great episode. I think Walt could be best unlikeable character I've come across in a while.

Still think it's far-fetched that big, fat dude who falls asleep while standing up and seems completely incompetent is also some master pickpocket, but whatevs. The Scarface scene was a little too heavy-handed for me, as well.

But: SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Scottish_Sin

@HisDudeness said:

Oh yeah. I've loved the progression of his character from good guy in a bad situation just trying to do right by his family to the manipulative son of a bitch we see now.

Damn, this show is amazing.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Funkydupe

I'm enjoying this. I truly enjoyed the shut up scene.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Phatmac

@HisDudeness said:

He'll get his due soon for what he's done.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#195  Edited By morrelloman

This is the best show on TV. This is the only show that can drag out a scene in comeplte silence and make statements. Walt becoming a cocky piece of criminal shit is insane. Mike would kill him in a heartbeat. It's already been proven that Jesse can cook without him. He really needs to lighten up.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Phatmac

It's time!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers