Carlyle's (Spill.com) worst movie of 2009: After Last Season?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

*Sorry if it was discussed but I found this out just recently from Spill*

Shit I was just finishing up on listening to Spill's worst of 2009 podcast where they go to Carlyle's list. Includes Bride Wars, Post Grad, and some others. The most intriguing out of all was his number one which was After Last Season. I never heard of it but when the guys talked about it, I thought they were just bitching for a moment. When I got to a nearby computer to see the trailer without speakers.

All the stuff they said about the setting and such, they were fucking right...

This shit was allegedly on a budget of $6 million on 35mm. Fine for some indie joint but hell, just watching the trailer, what the fuck? Funny facts that it was released to four theaters in some of the United States' major cities, the theaters disposed the film reels by burning it from request of the filmmakers, and the director declined interviews after everyone allegedly questioned if this film was some joke.

$6 million dollars on this? This doesn't even look like a thousand dollars. The only thing besides the camera that the crew is using is just one light. This doesn't even qualify for even art house trash.

Just watch the trailer. God damn it. I might be selling my soul but I think I might want to buy the DVD; get a couple of friends and just do a MST3K on this shit.
v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By v

hahaha, i feel like sixth graders could do better than this...

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Gabriel

Everyone thinks way to much about anything indie, case in point... 

Also I heard the movie was a scam, the directors took 5.5 million dollars for profit and spent less than 500,000 on the movie.

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Laharl

I love spill.com,  co-host fucking rules. Ive run outta time in the day to listen to their lets do this podcast regularly though.

SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SilvarusLupus

Wow. That was possibly the worst trailer I have ever seen. 

How do you spend $6 million on this. Don't tell me it went to their CGI department?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Afroman269

Cool good to see other Spill fans. On the Worst of Year podcast I disagree with the gang ragging on Leon's hate for the 4th Kind and Paranormal Activity. I hate those movies.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Holy shit.  That has to be the worst trailer I have ever seen in my life.

Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Pantalooney

Yeah! I love spill.com, nice to see fans from the site here.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By bhhawks78

Avatar was the worst movie I've ever paid to see in theater and not walked out.  It's a tie between avatar and transformers 2 for the worst expensively produced movie I've ever seen.  If it wasn't for the cgi tech I can't fathom 1 reason why anyone would want to watch even 5 minutes of that cliche filled junk.  Can't really blame cheap movies for being awful.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@bhhawks78 said:
" Avatar was the worst movie I've ever paid to see in theater and not walked out.  It's a tie between avatar and transformers 2 for the worst expensively produced movie I've ever seen.  If it wasn't for the cgi tech I can't fathom 1 reason why anyone would want to watch even 5 minutes of that cliche filled junk.  Can't really blame cheap movies for being awful. "
K.

Anyways, I am so tempted to buy the DVD. I just looked at the site and there is some incoherency of if they are really serious or trolling.