Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Jasonofindy
@GreggD said:
" FUCK THIS THREAD THE VERY IDEA MAKES ME SICK! TAKE IT TO A VET LIKE A NORMAL PERSON YOU SICK FUCKS! "
Could you sound more like a ten year old?  People that kill animals for fun are sick and demented.   If anything happened to a current pet, I most definitely would take the animal to an emergency animal hospital since I currently live in the suburbs and one is only 10 minutes away.  It was quite a different story then when the animal was suffering and the closest vet was 40 minutes away (assuming they were in the office and not out on a call somewhere else.)     
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By Snail

I don't have a dog. So no.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By SSully
@Dom said:
" a dog is just another animal "
You clearly never had a dog. I am not one of those people who put the lives of animals over human beings, but i couldnt imagine putting my dog down. After you own a dog yourself you will see why dogs stand out from other animals.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By Tireyo

No, straight up.

honey_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By honey_power

Hell yeah I could. I shot my great-grandfather when I found out he had cancer! Euthanasia ftw!! amirite, guys?

Dom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Dom
@SSully:  yup you're right on this one. I'm Chinese, so dogs for me are like... lunch 

Edit: Though I never ate one
Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Feser

I would rather shoot a goat.
i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By i69edUrGpa

Neeeeeever

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bubahula

no

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Brunchies

I would never shoot my own pet, that would be to painful to do. 

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#61  Edited By Jazz

No 
I had the vet inject my dog when she was dieing from a stroke. Not a pleasant experience in itself.

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ryoma122

no im an animal lover i cant hurt any animal unless its a life or death situation 
but i have no problem shooting my mother or any other human on the planet

Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Taborlin

If I had no other way of ending my cats life and she was in really bad pain, then yes. I don't want to think about my cat dying to be honest, I've had her since I was 1 and I'm 15 now, she's healthy, but she's getting old. 
@frankfartmouth said: 

" Shooting dogs is a gateway to shooting Lennys "

I'm reading that book in English, if that's what you were on about >.> YOU SPOILT THE BOOK FOR ME THOUGH, even though I already knew.  

@ryoma122 said: 

" no im an animal lover i cant hurt any animal unless its a life or death situation  but i have no problem shooting my mother or any other human on the planet "

You said the last bit as if you shoot your mum on a regular basis :P    
ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ryoma122
@VanillaBear505: 
well i dont shoot my mother 
i have alot of issues and stuff i need to work through lol
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By GreggD
@Jasonofindy said:
" @GreggD said:
" FUCK THIS THREAD THE VERY IDEA MAKES ME SICK! TAKE IT TO A VET LIKE A NORMAL PERSON YOU SICK FUCKS! "
Could you sound more like a ten year old?  People that kill animals for fun are sick and demented.   If anything happened to a current pet, I most definitely would take the animal to an emergency animal hospital since I currently live in the suburbs and one is only 10 minutes away.  It was quite a different story then when the animal was suffering and the closest vet was 40 minutes away (assuming they were in the office and not out on a call somewhere else.)      "
That post was mostly a joke. But I still stand by my feelings that anyone who can kill their pet, no matter how remorseful they felt about it, is not the kind of person I like to associate with. Maybe I should've added a "D=" for clarity's sake.
Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jasonofindy
@GreggD:   You make it sound like there was a viable alternative.  The back end of her body was crushed.  Put yourself in my shoes.  Do you honestly believe it would have been better to let her suffer as she slowly bled out on the 40 minute car ride to the vet?  
arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By arkasai

In all likely hood no, I could not shoot my dog.  But in a situation where he's in a great deal of pain and there's no way of saving him I could probably do it.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By buzz_clik

No, I couldn't.

I don't have a gun, for a start.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ahriman22

I don't have a dog, but it doesn't matter. I've had many of my past pets put down, just a couple of months ago I had two kittens put to sleep because they had feline AIDS. I never reacted much to animals being put down, but them dying of natural causes is different.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By luce

I put my leukemia-ridden kitty to sleep (gave him the injection) so I guess I could

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#72  Edited By damnboyadvance

Depends on the situation. If it was trying to kill me, then of course I could. But I'd still be a little upset that I'd have to resort to that.

But probably not. I don't think many people really could do something like shooting their dog.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Hot_Karl

Don't remind me of Old Yeller, please :(

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GreggD
@Jasonofindy: All I'm going to say is that I could never bring myself to do it. My entire family cried for hours the last time we had to have a dog put down. She was the best pet we ever had, and was quite possibly the best pet we've ever seen. She was more than a pet, though. She was part of the family.

I'm sorry that you had to do it, but I can honestly say that I don't know how you were able to go through with it. Can you at least tell me that it was one of the hardest things you had to do, and it still bothers you?
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#75  Edited By rjayb89
Animals are people, man, I can't shoot people, bro.
Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jasonofindy
@GreggD said:
" @Jasonofindy: All I'm going to say is that I could never bring myself to do it. My entire family cried for hours the last time we had to have a dog put down. She was the best pet we ever had, and was quite possibly the best pet we've ever seen. She was more than a pet, though. She was part of the family.  I'm sorry that you had to do it, but I can honestly say that I don't know how you were able to go through with it. Can you at least tell me that it was one of the hardest things you had to do, and it still bothers you? "
It was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, and I said as much earlier in one of my earlier posts.  It gave me nightmares.  I'm not sure who wouldn't be affected by having to do something like that.  As far as how I could go through with it, it is because I had little choice and loved her too much to let her lay and suffer.  She was also like family to me which is why I HAD to do it.  I'm sorry about your family's loss, and I can honestly say I'm glad that you had the option of letting a vet do it for you. 

I still have never gotten a new dog and thankfully haven't had to deal with the death of a pet since. I didn't have a pet in high school or college and currently my wife and I have a 9 year old and a 6 year old cat.

In any case, this is my last post on the matter.  If you still think I must be a horrible person, then there is little else I can do to change your mind.  I just hope that none of you are ever put in a similar situation.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By Coombs

Of course, I do it every couple years just so I can keep things fresh

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Whitestripes09

My brother had a dog when he was very young, and when i came into this life that dog was always there wanting to see the new addition to the family. The dog reached the age of about 16-17 when he finally slipped on ice and really busted up his spine. My brother had to make the choice of having the vet put him down. My brother was very attatched to that dog and I feel really bad for him, it saddened me alot to know that he had to do that and that i would never see that dog again. Knowing me, I couldn't do it. I would need someone to do it for me.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#79  Edited By citizenkane

Yes, if needed.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jmrwacko

I could shoot someone else's dog. If it were attacking me.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ThePaleKing

If I had a reason to, sure. 

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By GreggD
@Jasonofindy said:
" @GreggD said:
" @Jasonofindy: All I'm going to say is that I could never bring myself to do it. My entire family cried for hours the last time we had to have a dog put down. She was the best pet we ever had, and was quite possibly the best pet we've ever seen. She was more than a pet, though. She was part of the family.  I'm sorry that you had to do it, but I can honestly say that I don't know how you were able to go through with it. Can you at least tell me that it was one of the hardest things you had to do, and it still bothers you? "
It was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, and I said as much earlier in one of my earlier posts.  It gave me nightmares.  I'm not sure who wouldn't be affected by having to do something like that.  As far as how I could go through with it, it is because I had little choice and loved her too much to let her lay and suffer.  She was also like family to me which is why I HAD to do it.  I'm sorry about your family's loss, and I can honestly say I'm glad that you had the option of letting a vet do it for you.   I still have never gotten a new dog and thankfully haven't had to deal with the death of a pet since. I didn't have a pet in high school or college and currently my wife and I have a 9 year old and a 6 year old cat.  In any case, this is my last post on the matter.  If you still think I must be a horrible person, then there is little else I can do to change your mind.  I just hope that none of you are ever put in a similar situation. "
I don't think you're a horrible person. In fact, I'm not sure I meant half of what I said earlier. I was in a bad mood when reading this site tonight, so I apologize. I hope you don't find ME to be a bad person, despite my saying this. Take care.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By penguindust
@Jasonofindy: 

Thank you for sharing your story with us.   I’m certain it must have been the most difficult action you’ve ever taken.  I empathize with your pain but can’t fathom the long term effects it must have left.   It was not my intent to disrespect anyone who has been faced with that most painful of decisions.   Having owned several pets over the course of my life, I know that they do become like family members to us.   My purpose was to highlight the distance civilized society has created for us from agonizing tasks performed by our own hands, and to challenge us with a bit of self examination.   As gamers we slaughter digital enemies everyday, and sacrifice virtual friends for the sake of the mission.   But, real life is never so simple, nor so black and white.   Sometimes, we must choose between two very bad options.   As I said in my opening post, it’s not about manliness but, in retrospect, it might be about being a man.   By that I mean, becoming an adult who does not run from his (or her) personal responsibilities.   I don’t claim to meet the definition myself, and I pray to God I will never be placed in your situation, but I would hope that I could find the same love and courage you did when meeting lesser dilemmas.  

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By YoThatLimp

So, I'm not sure if this is offensive or not, but what do you do when a dog dies? How do you get rid of the body?

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85  Edited By dichemstys

No way.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers