Couldn't stop SOPA by making the internet into a country?

• 99 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

Think about this. Logically, the internet does in fact take up physical space, maybe we can't see it, but we KNOW that it does take up space... kind of. Wifi areas/cables everywhere all CONTAIN the internet along with huge fucking servers everywhere.

Every time you use the computer you are technically "visiting" the internet. You are usually a citizen if you create a account and talk to people anywhere if you really think about it. You are given rights and rules in each site much like a country is run.

Many people also spend more time on the damn internet than they do their own countries... WOW players are counted in on this.

Sure, it would be hard as fuck to figure out the political shit that could happen with all this, I won't pretend about this, I have no fucking idea what would happen if the internet somehow decided to be it's own independent country... but overall, I think it would be for the best. No one could literally control it, and actions AGAINST it such as destroying servers/hacking could even be as serious as terrorism is and enforced far better by people who are EMPLOYED by the internet to find these fuckers than the governments of the world.

also, other countries couldn't even TRY to fuck with the internet due to how powerful it really is anymore. China and australia would have to get over the fact that the internet is a free fucking country and deal with people visiting it freely without things that prevent peoples rights online who either visit or are citizens.

Just my 2 cents on the whole idea I made up here. Sure, may not be my smartest idea... but what the hell are you guys thinking about doing to stop this shitty ass bill?

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Matfei90

Naming myself King of the Internetz.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar

The only physical space the internet really takes up is the physical locations of servers that host the web content, and infrastructure that allow us access to the web content.  And that physical space already resides in the sovereign territory of various states.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Azteck

Are you Kojima?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scooper

The internet is in all of us, mannnnnnnn.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jay444111

@Azteck said:

Are you Kojima?

That would be fucking awesome... but no... unfortunatly... but I am trying.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jay444111

@rebgav said:

Fuck this, I'm going to bed. You guys are weird.

Better idea than just waiting for some outer force to fuck with us. Might as well do something about it!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Subjugation

I'm running for President of the Internet. I need a running mate and some dudes to fill cabinet positions. /b/ already volunteered to handle foreign relations.

Nergrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nergrim

@Scooper: This dude right here knows whats upp, maaaaaaaan

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By selbie

That internet really tied the room together. Now they're going to fucking pee on it.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By shiftymagician

You're right about one thing...this isn't the smartest idea to stop SOPA.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scooper

@niko555 said:

@Scooper: This dude right here knows whats upp, maaaaaaaan

Heyyyyy!! Don't try and put me in a box, copppp!!!! Are you a cop?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhahahahaha.........

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mandude

The internet is the true free nation!

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Slaker117

Yep, this will work. I'll get right on it for you.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RsistncE

I'm not kidding when I say that I've never seen the OP actually post a good thread.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jay444111

@RsistncE said:

I'm not kidding when I say that I've never seen the OP actually post a good thread.

Considering turning the internet into a country before we have all our rights taken away is better than just doing fuck nothing.

Also, search some of my blogs man. I talked pretty indepth about FF7 vs FF13 in one of them. I sugguest grabbing a bag of doritos if you are gonna read it, it is gonna take a while.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By vaiz

Fuck it, why not.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TentPole

@rebgav said:

Fuck this, I'm going to bed. You guys are weird.

penINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By penINC

@Jay444111 said:

Considering turning the internet into a country before we have all our rights taken away is better than just doing fuck nothing.

Actually, no it isn't, because all this does is prove that you have no idea how anything works.

Seriously, to even suggest this legitimately as an idea with any amount of merit behind it marks you as either an idiot or a child.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jay444111

@penINC said:

@Jay444111 said:

Actually, no it isn't, because all this does is prove that you have no idea how anything works.

Seriously, to even suggest this legitimately as an idea with any amount of merit behind it marks you as either an idiot or a child.

Considering Pirate radio was invented on the very reasons I am stating. I think this is something that could actually happen. Hell. I even said I have no clue how much political shit would go down. But, overall, it would be for the better if the internet was independent completely. Not fucked with by anyone. This SOPA bill is the exact same thing as basically the United States going into Sweden to make them our slaves. It is that insane of bullshit the bill truly is.

Also, Considering the fact that pirating is now an official religon and the fact that men in south Korea can marry their pillows/DS games. I think the internet becoming a country is actually less crazy then actual real life shit.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Claude

At least someone is thinking outside the box. You go Jay. 444111...

byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By byterunner
@penINC: I know you must be irritated by the OP because you have little patience, but you really don't really need to sound like a TOTAL jackass.
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jay444111

@byterunner said:

@penINC: I know you must be irritated by the OP because you have little patience, but you really don't really need to sound like a TOTAL jackass.

Thank you.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By CrimsonNoir

Our public school system has failed us.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fallen189

This is so stupid

bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bio595

The point of the internet is to connect people from different locations.

The Internet itself isn't a location, we only treat it that way in conversations so that we don't sound like crazy people.

Trying to apply geographic ideas to connections doesn't work.

TLDR: You're a crazy person.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jay444111

@CrimsonNoir said:

Considering the government is trying to pass this bill, this happened A LOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

@bio595 said:

The Internet itself isn't a location, we only treat it that way in conversations so that we don't sound like crazy people.

The internet is a location in all technicalities. so... why AREN'T we trying to become a country? It would take work, but it could happen. Hell, if a man in south korea can marry a pillow, I am willing to accept anything as possible in terms of insane human behavior and logic.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GTCknight

@Jay444111: Yes, yes this is all a very nice idea. However, given that the internet is run by both governments and corporations the chances of such a thing or nil to none.

I mean think about it, you need some corp just to get you a line to the internet. All anyone has to do is shut-down the whole thing and watch as you all scream in horror. So unless you plan on downloading your consciousness into the internet your fucked.

In the end no matter how much you may hate or dislike both governments and the corporations, they must exist for modern society to exist. For example: Without Apple or Microsoft you wouldn't have that little piece of tech that your using to get online right now. Another one would be, the fact that if we didn't have governments and nations you wouldn't have a home let alone a city to live in. The faster you get over it all, and learn to accept the facts that this reality has given us the quicker you can just move on.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mandude
@Jay444111 said:

Hell, if a man in south korea can marry a pillow, I am willing to accept anything as possible in terms of insane human behavior and logic.

Please, please, don't bring me and my wife into this. It really is a miserable day for you when you'd take potshots at my wife, knowing she can't rightfully defend herself. Where is your heart?

In all seriousness, though, while I really do agree with your sentiments, I cannot recommend what you've said as a possible course of action.

The internet will be less bound by restrictions as time goes on. The people who stand in the way of progress will die off of old age, or being shot in the face, and the internet will be around, stronger than ever, to make jokes of their epitaphs, and write funny things about them on their Wikipedia page.
bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bio595

@Jay444111 said:

@CrimsonNoir said:

Considering the government is trying to pass this bill, this happened A LOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

@bio595 said:

The internet is a location in all technicalities. so... why AREN'T we trying to become a country? It would take work, but it could happen. Hell, if a man in south korea can marry a pillow, I am willing to accept anything as possible in terms of insane human behavior and logic.

Are you high?

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Matfei90
@Jay444111 said:

Also, search some of my blogs man. I talked pretty indepth about FF7 vs FF13 in one of them. I sugguest grabbing a bag of doritos if you are gonna read it, it is gonna take a while.
Sounds absolutely riveting.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Sambambo

I'm scared that you took time to write this...

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34  Edited By wrighteous86

@Jay444111: The closest thing actually possible to what you're suggesting already exists in Anonymous. Aside from that, this is just mad rambling. It's like you enjoy irritating people with nonsense.

Incapability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Incapability

And then if you do finally turn the Internet into a country, the US will still block access to it from US soil.

Just like your friends in China.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#36  Edited By Legend

LOL, I really hope you're joking about this "country" thing because it's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read on the Internet.. and that's saying something. XD

I do agree, however, that there should be some kind of international law that protects the Internet from certain people or groups that want to fuck it up.

darthturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By darthturtle

Where do I sign up?

Moreau_MD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Moreau_MD

Jay 444111......never stop. EVER. What people fail to realize is that you aren't actually a human-being at all. you're an amalgamation of annoying, totally meaningless ideas, arguments and cliches that has somehow achieved sentience. You have no ability whatsoever to reflect on what you say, you have no quality control. In a sense, YOU ARE THE INTERNET. So don't bother with turning the internet into a country, as long as entities like you exist, sopa will never win...

by the way, I think you're bullshitting about being native American too.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vexxan

Internetland, hurray!

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jay444111 said:

@RsistncE said:

Search some of my blogs man. I talked pretty indepth about FF7 vs FF13 in one of them.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By Sambambo

@Claude said:

At least someone is thinking outside the box. You go Jay. 444111...

Please don't ever leave GB.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By imhungry

Man, cyberterrorism is gonna be fun in that country.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HaltIamReptar

I'm 18 what is this

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sickVisionz

@Wrighteous86 said:

@Jay444111: The closest thing actually possible to what you're suggesting already exists in Anonymous. Aside from that, this is just mad rambling. It's like you enjoy irritating people with nonsense.

To be fair, it's more like "It's like people enjoy being irritated by nonsense." If something like this bothers you it's solely because, for some reason (maybe mild masochism?), you enjoy being bothered by things.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By Dagbiker

This is so crazy, there is no chance that it might work!!!

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Marksman

@Subjugation said:

I'm running for President of the Internet. I need a running mate and some dudes to fill cabinet positions. /b/ already volunteered to handle foreign relations.

Need a Secretary for Defense?

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dark

How do I become a citizen of the internet? Do working Visa's exist? oh oh, does the internet have a temporary working holiday visa? that would be swell.

Seriously, you have no idea the requirements of creating a country, or how the internet is integrated into the worlds current laws. Good day sir.

Or, OR, if the internet is a bunch of servers, then does that mean that each server thats in another country becomes an illegal migrant? Or do they require special 'internetic diplomat' status?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Dear God, another moronic Jay thread. Dude, this idea sounds like it was thought up during a fever dream after chugging an entire bottle of Nyquil and huffing paint thinner.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should devote all your time to making this work, don't worry about posting updates we all believe in you.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By Gabriel

Great so now I'm supporting SOPA.