Crowd funding advice

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Does anyone here have advice on how to get the word out for a crowd funding campaign? A lady friend of mine is running a campaign to fund an eye removal surgery for a horse and it looks like it's going to be an uphill battle to reach the fairly modest goal.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Probably going to forums where that service is discussed, advertising there i mean, posting on local papers?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Try to find Facebook groups for horses/vets and post about it there if it's allowed.

Hewitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah horse clubs, vet communities (maybe approach some vets about putting a flyer up about it) you could also advertise on facebook groups around animal care etc. I think purely crowd funding something of this nature will be very difficult, though. It sounds skeezy but maybe try to include some sort of backer reward for people that donate?

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If either of you are religious, a bulletin board or talking to people their might help. I remember going to a bunch of fund raisers for similar things as a kid. Stuff like raffels, bingo, spaghetti dinner type events can do really well and get a bunch of eyes on a cause. Plus, the kind of older lady I remember running those types of events seem like they'd be into helping a sick horse. I dunno, good luck duder.

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By shinofkod

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the advice and it worked out.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Hey this is actually kind of my job! To get things off the ground;

- Create a list of relevant blogs + email addresses and reach out like you'd apply for a job. Try to bring each blog value and say you'll shout them out if they bring awareness to your issue.

- Get on instagram, search the hashtag #horse or whatever and email/dm some big accounts a nice image for them to post (use canva.com to make it if you can't design well) Send them a nice image and mention that they can post even if it's just for a day. Make sure it's easy to get to your page (short link/link in bio)

Hope it goes well and all the best for your friend!