• 62 results
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Edited By Getz

The longer it takes for you to get the Xbox slim in stock, the more time my brain will have to realize I don't need one. Please stop jerking me around and buy more fucking Xboxes. That is all. 

Edit: If one more person mentions Best Buy I'm gonna have an aneurysm. Gamestop buys your old Xbox, Best Buy does not. I don't see why you all have such a hard-on for Best Buy anyway, the last time I went there to buy some memory for my PC the guy behind the counter didn't even know what I was talking about. They're just as corporate, just as shady, and just as indifferent to their customers as Gamestop is. 

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Getz

The longer it takes for you to get the Xbox slim in stock, the more time my brain will have to realize I don't need one. Please stop jerking me around and buy more fucking Xboxes. That is all. 

Edit: If one more person mentions Best Buy I'm gonna have an aneurysm. Gamestop buys your old Xbox, Best Buy does not. I don't see why you all have such a hard-on for Best Buy anyway, the last time I went there to buy some memory for my PC the guy behind the counter didn't even know what I was talking about. They're just as corporate, just as shady, and just as indifferent to their customers as Gamestop is. 

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zeforgotten

How about you email them instead of putting this on a forum that they will most likely never read? 
Just a suggestion, not trying to be an ass or anything. 
(Yes I am)

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Getz
@ZeForgotten: This is on Giantbomb, not because I wanted anyone at Gamestop to read it. Duh.
JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By JustinSane311

Dude, where do you live?  There are 7 Gamestops and 4 best buys within 15 miles from where I live that are packed with new slims.  I didn't think the new 360's were selling that well.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

you don't need one

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

I hope it works. 

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mrskidders
@Getz:
No Caption Provided

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheDoorman
@JustinSane311: Oh yes they are every store within a 100 mile radius of me is sold out. Even best Buys and i live in new york.
JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JustinSane311
@TheDoorman:  Seriously don't believe the internet item tracking on the webpage.  I also live in NY and I was at Roosevelt Field yesterday at around 6pm and the three gamespots there were packed with them.  Afterwards I headed over to BB to pick up BFBC2 at around 7pm and they had about 20 units on the shelf.  

If you guys need  to pick up a new 360 I suggest heading down to the store and asking.
ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ElegantRuby

They are not slims... 

They are xbox 3skinnys...

Avatar image for allusfreakshave
AllusFreaksHave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By AllusFreaksHave

I've been working (at gamestop) everyday since we recieved them (4 days ago), I can't get rid of them. 
TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheDoorman
@JustinSane311 said:

" @TheDoorman:  Seriously don't believe the internet item tracking on the webpage.  I also live in NY and I was at Roosevelt Field yesterday at around 6pm and the three gamespots there were packed with them.  Afterwards I headed over to BB to pick up BFBC2 at around 7pm and they had about 20 units on the shelf.   If you guys need  to pick up a new 360 I suggest heading down to the store and asking. "

No its pretty accurate seen as I called 7 gamestops near me based on the store locator and they all said they sold out on friday. And I live in buffalo to be exact not  New york city.
ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ElegantRuby
@Getz: You do realize that Tuesday is restock day right?
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ch13696

It's not Gamestops fault. In the beginning Microsoft decides who gets what (that's if I understand the Nintendo scenario right). 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By KaosAngel

....dude are you too damn lazy to go to Best Buy or Walmart?  I went and they have boxes full of them.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By BigBoss1911

Buy a ps3

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KaosAngel
@BigBoss1911 said:
" Buy a ps3 "
Buh PS3 has no games...and no one plays it.
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By BigBoss1911
@KaosAngel said:
" @BigBoss1911 said:
" Buy a ps3 "
Buh PS3 has no games...and no one plays it. "
and teh onlinez sukz
thatguy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By thatguy42

Dear Gamestop, 

I hate you. 

Love, 
a consumer

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tally_Pants
@KaosAngel said:
" @BigBoss1911 said:
" Buy a ps3 "

If all you wanna do is play COD online... then get an xbox... otherwise BUY a PS3!
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DoctorWelch

This is how it goes. First buy an Xbox because it has everything you need except for a few games. Then if you decide you really wanna play the Uncharteds, MGS4, and God of War 3, then buy a PS3, but if you dont really wanna play those games, dont bother with the PS3.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KaosAngel
@DoctorWelch said:
" This is how it goes. First buy an Xbox because it has everything you need except for a few games. Then if you decide you really wanna play the Uncharteds, MGS4, and God of War 3, then buy a PS3, but if you dont really wanna play those games, dont bother with the PS3. "
Clearly the only good games on PS3 are Uncharted, MGS4, and God of War 3.  >.>
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@KaosAngel said:

" @DoctorWelch said:

" This is how it goes. First buy an Xbox because it has everything you need except for a few games. Then if you decide you really wanna play the Uncharteds, MGS4, and God of War 3, then buy a PS3, but if you dont really wanna play those games, dont bother with the PS3. "
Clearly the only good games on PS3 are Uncharted, MGS4, and God of War 3.  >.> "
Cause demons souls suck. inFamous sucks. Killzone 2 sucks. O and cant forget not having to pay to play online sucks as well. 
Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BigBoss1911 said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @BigBoss1911 said:
" Buy a ps3 "
and teh onlinez sukz "
D:
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DoctorWelch
@KaosAngel said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
Clearly the only good games on PS3 are Uncharted, MGS4, and God of War 3.  >.> "
Did I say that, No, but is it true? Pretty much.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Cause demons souls suck. inFamous sucks. Killzone 2 sucks. O and cant forget not having to pay to play online sucks as well.  "
Shit I forgot about Demons Souls. As for Infamous, I hate that game, it's terrible, but thats just me and thats another subject entirely. Also, as for Killzone and Resistance, I would take just Halo or just Gears over both of those games any day, let alone both Halo and Gears. Therefore, I dont count those games.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@DoctorWelch said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @DoctorWelch said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Cause demons souls suck. inFamous sucks. Killzone 2 sucks. O and cant forget not having to pay to play online sucks as well.  "
Shit I forgot about Demons Souls. As for Infamous, I hate that game, it's terrible, but thats just me and thats another subject entirely. Also, as for Killzone and Resistance, I would take just Halo or just Gears over both of those games any day, let alone both Halo and Gears. Therefore, I dont count those games. "
Mmm I smell a fanboy. 
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zeforgotten
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @DoctorWelch said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Shit I forgot about Demons Souls. As for Infamous, I hate that game, it's terrible, but thats just me and thats another subject entirely. Also, as for Killzone and Resistance, I would take just Halo or just Gears over both of those games any day, let alone both Halo and Gears. Therefore, I dont count those games. "
Mmm I smell a fanboy.  "
it took you that long?  
I've been sitting here laughing my ass off at all the comments he's been making and the fact that nobody picked up on it :P
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@ZeForgotten said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @DoctorWelch said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Mmm I smell a fanboy.  "
it took you that long?  I've been sitting here laughing my ass off at all the comments he's been making and the fact that nobody picked up on it :P "
I did not have my smell feature turned on for my laptop. 
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By zeforgotten
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @DoctorWelch said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Mmm I smell a fanboy.  "
it took you that long?  I've been sitting here laughing my ass off at all the comments he's been making and the fact that nobody picked up on it :P "
I did not have my smell feature turned on for my laptop.  "
God damnit, dude. 
It says so right on the first page of the Smell Feature manual. 
"Always have this feature turned on or a child dies every second" 
Sadly, some people haven't turned it on so they're killing babies
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DoctorWelch
@ZeForgotten said:

" @DoctorWelch said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @DoctorWelch said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Mmm I smell a fanboy.  "
You guys are right, I'm a fanboy, even though I own all three consoles, and have played a majority of the good exclusives for them. Even though I love some of the games on the PS3. Even though I use my PS3 as much as my Xbox. That makes a whole lot of sense. Its okay though, you guys can sit there and try to say that I'm a fanboy if that makes you feel better about yourself and your beloved PS3 which you seem to want to defend despite your being "not a fanboy".
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten
@DoctorWelch said:

" @ZeForgotten said:

" @DoctorWelch said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @DoctorWelch said:

@The_Laughing_Man

said:

Mmm I smell a fanboy.  "
You guys are right, I'm a fanboy, even though I own all three consoles, and have played a majority of the good exclusives for them. Even though I love some of the games on the PS3. Even though I use my PS3 as much as my Xbox. That makes a whole lot of sense. Its okay though, you guys can sit there and try to say that I'm a fanboy if that makes you feel better about yourself and your beloved PS3 which you seem to want to defend despite your being "not a fanboy". "
The whole "I own every console" argument is the dumbest excuse there is, and you should know that by now.  
You've proven it like 5 times already that you are a Fanboy. 
What's so wrong with just admitting it? Are you not happy to be a fan of Microsoft? 

Heck, I own every console released so far and I'm still pretty much a PC fanboy. 
SNES Fanboy second.  

Heheh "I own all 3 consoles" .. It takes me back to 2002, good times 
We all know there's only 3 consoles
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Getz
@DoctorWelch: I love how this turned in to a diatribe on the tired PS3 v. Xbox360 debate. Personally, I don't give a shit what console you own or which one you like better.  

As for Best Buy, they won't give me 200 dollars towards a new 360 for trading in my old one, so it's Gamestop or nothing.
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#33  Edited By Hector

Just get it at Best Buy or any other electronic store.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Getz said:
" @DoctorWelch: I love how this turned in to a diatribe on the tired PS3 v. Xbox360 debate. Personally, I don't give a shit what console you own or which one you like better.   As for Best Buy, they won't give me 200 dollars towards a new 360 for trading in my old one, so it's Gamestop or nothing. "
Why would they give you 200 bucks? 
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Getz
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Getz said:
" @DoctorWelch: I love how this turned in to a diatribe on the tired PS3 v. Xbox360 debate. Personally, I don't give a shit what console you own or which one you like better.   As for Best Buy, they won't give me 200 dollars towards a new 360 for trading in my old one, so it's Gamestop or nothing. "
Why would they give you 200 bucks?  "
"For trading in my old one" plus my two HDDs and Wifi adapter.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Getz said:
" @Getz said:
"For trading in my old one" plus my two HDDs and Wifi adapter. "
Where does Best buy say that? I thought gamestop was the one doing the trade ins. 
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Getz
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Getz said:
" @Getz said:
Where does Best buy say that? I thought gamestop was the one doing the trade ins.  "
*FACEPALM*
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Getz said:
" @Getz said:
" @Getz said:
Where does Best buy say that? I thought gamestop was the one doing the trade ins.  "
*FACEPALM* "
Ahh i miss read. It look like you said best buy was doing trade ins. 
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DoctorWelch
@Getz: I never tried to make it that, people where just saying buy a PS3 and I said, buy an xbox first if thats what you were planing on, and then buy a PS3 later if you want to play those games. Then I say something half jokingly and all the sudden I'm a fanboy and loving the xbox. This is why GB is awesome, so many assholes, so little intelligence (not you I'm talking about the other people).
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Getz
@Mrskidders said:
" @Getz:
No Caption Provided
"
Thanks bro!
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Getz
@DoctorWelch: Yeah, I don't think idiocy is unique to Giantbomb though. And you should know better than to bait the bear my friend, even if it's a half-joke.
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mrskidders said:
" @Getz:
No Caption Provided
"
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DoctorWelch
@ZeForgotten said: 
The whole "I own every console" argument is the dumbest excuse there is, and you should know that by now.  You've proven it like 5 times already that you are a Fanboy. What's so wrong with just admitting it? Are you not happy to be a fan of Microsoft?  Heck, I own every console released so far and I'm still pretty much a PC fanboy. SNES Fanboy second.    Heheh "I own all 3 consoles" .. It takes me back to 2002, good times We all know there's only 3 consoles "
First of all, its not an excuse, I guess you dont know what the word excuse means. Second of all, I was half kidding in the one post them being the only games. Third of all, just because I think there are a few better exclusives for the 360 and advised the dude to buy a 360 if thats what he wants and not get a PS3 instead, doesnt mean I'm a fanboy. Seeing as you say your a PC fanboy, I guess I understand now why you cant be reasoned with once you get something in your head.
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DoctorWelch
@Getz said:
" @DoctorWelch: Yeah, I don't think idiocy is unique to Giantbomb though. And you should know better than to bait the bear my friend, even if it's a half-joke. "
Yeah I know, stupid on my part.
HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By HairyMike87
@Getz: You don't want a new slim yet. There are still issues from the hardware. It's just redesigned to lessen a chance of something happening, which it probably will eventually.
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Getz
@HairyMike87 said:
" @Getz: You don't want a new slim yet. There are still issues from the hardware. It's just redesigned to lessen a chance of something happening, which it probably will eventually. "
See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. The longer I have to wait to get one, the more pointless the purchase looks. We'll have to see what tommorow brings...
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zeforgotten
@DoctorWelch said:
" @ZeForgotten said: 
The whole "I own every console" argument is the dumbest excuse there is, and you should know that by now.  You've proven it like 5 times already that you are a Fanboy. What's so wrong with just admitting it? Are you not happy to be a fan of Microsoft?  Heck, I own every console released so far and I'm still pretty much a PC fanboy. SNES Fanboy second.    Heheh "I own all 3 consoles" .. It takes me back to 2002, good times We all know there's only 3 consoles "
First of all, its not an excuse, I guess you dont know what the word excuse means. Second of all, I was half kidding in the one post them being the only games. Third of all, just because I think there are a few better exclusives for the 360 and advised the dude to buy a 360 if thats what he wants and not get a PS3 instead, doesnt mean I'm a fanboy. Seeing as you say your a PC fanboy, I guess I understand now why you cant be reasoned with once you get something in your head. "
It takes one to know one. 
Again, I don't see what's wrong with being a fanboy, I just find it sad that you have to get so defensive.  
There's is no doubt that I am a PC fanboy since I spend more time using my PC than I do any of my consoles. 
But if you want me to be serious about it I'm more of a fanboy of games.  Games are, to me, more important than the platform I'm playing them on. 
I know, mindblowing right, I'll give you a minute to try to stop with the lame insults and let that one sink in, ok pumpkin?
mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By mordecaix7

For me, it's not a pointless purchase.  I have a launch 360 (surprisingly never had an error with it) that is now out of warranty, no wifi adapter, no hdmi, and a 120 gig hard drive.  The new slim for 100 bucks after trading in all my old console stuff (100 bucks saved up for 360 repairs anyway) is practically stealing for me.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#49  Edited By Tireyo

Be aware that there is a rumor of the new XBOX360 floating about. Rumor has it that the new 360 has overheating issues. Don't know if it's true, but look into it before you buy.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#50  Edited By damnboyadvance

Just go to Best Buy. That's where your business should be, unless you get a joy out of crappy service.