Detective Conan

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Knave

Does anyone watch this splendid show? It feels with each passing episode, i become just a tad bit smarter. It's such a head scratcher of a show, it always makes me think when i otherwise wouldn't.

No Caption Provided
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

This show was a biiiiig thing in the middle east about 10-12 years ago. I used to love conan back then, it's considered a classic so no one watches it anymore.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Is he on a quest to solve the mystery of what is best in life? ...oh wait, it's just some shitty anime thing, disregard.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

I used to stay up late at night just to catch an episode of it during/after adult swim. Hard to find without cable television, at the least. It's usually the anime I mention, alongside Lupin the 3rd, that I like whenever anything anime comes up.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

It's a great show. It was actually part of the line-up at the weekly showings put on by my campus's anime club back in 2000-2001 or so. The club ran it until we ran out of fansubbed episodes. It has plenty of creative mystery writing and a goofily morbid sense of humor.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Muerthoz

It's funny to see someone talking about this because I've been thinking a lot about this show lately. I'm halfway through the most recent live action series they made but I haven't seen the animated stuff since Adult Swim took it off the air. Been thinking of watching again but with an ongoing series that's 600+ episodes it's a bit intimidating to think of just jumping back in.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

I watched a few episodes when it aired on Cartoon Network 10 years ago. It's okay.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Knave

The show is best watched in small doses, because i used to watch around 10 episodes a day before, and i got burnt out pretty quickly. I've picked it back up recently, and have been watching only around 2 episodes a day.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@Knave said:

The show is best watched in small doses, because i used to watch around 10 episodes a day before, and i got burnt out pretty quickly. I've picked it back up recently, and have been watching only around 2 episodes a day.

I think watching ten episodes of anything a day will burn you out pretty quickly.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Knave

@Hailinel: Nah, i enjoyed it a lot, but all of a sudden i just felt like i didn't want to watch it anymore. There's plenty of shows that i've watched a lot of episodes a day, and haven't been burned out. Most likely because they don't have 600+ episodes, so i couldn't get to the point where it would become stale. Also, Conan is an episodic show, so the formula gets repetitive, whereas some other shows that follow an overarching plot from episode to episode tend to keep you entertained all the way throughout.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I remember watching the butchered American version entitled Case Closed. Other than that I never attempted to get into it, mainly because of the sheer length of the series.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By crusader8463

I could never get into the show. I mean, Conan the Barbarian as a Detective? It just doesn't work.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By rjpelonia

Love this series.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By MetalBaofu

I've watched all I could of it through Netflix. Sucks that they seem to have stopped releasing new DVDs in the US. Last season they put out on DVD over here was season 5, and there are WAY more than that.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Knave

@MetalBaofu: Yeah, the rest will probably not get dubbed any time soon if at all.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By scarace360

Ya just started watching it only about 70 episodes in.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I watched the first season when it was on Adult Swim years ago.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By L33tfella_H

Friend of mine caught the subbed back version back in the day when it was on, and asked me if I wanted to check it out with him. Over the past 2 years, we've managed to watch 12 of the 15 films and are at about 510 episodes so far. I generally think it's pretty good, but there are kinda boring episodes which isn't too surprising if you imagine someone needs to come up with a new murder mystery pretty much every week. I think one of the funniest bits in the show though is when characters speak english, because even the ones who are supposed to be english/american are really bad at it, although there is one episode where they seemingly found an english-speaking dude to read off about 20 lines. I also like the homages to Agatha Christie and Poirot.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Morrow

@Hailinel said:

@Knave said:

I think watching ten episodes of anything a day will burn you out pretty quickly.

I can remember doing a 14-hour Bleach marathon :D

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By chan05

Used to watch this for years when I was younger. It's really amazing. Even today I sometimes go back and watch an episode. It's just good entertainment

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AlexanderSheen

I watched a couple episodes and not interested in watching more.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

I still watch some episodes if I get the chance (in germany that kind of stuff is kinda rare) ... I like it, but I feel like the writing could be a litte smarter. The fun in that kind of storyline (murder, detective etc.) is for me to see if I can figure out the solution by myself. But on this show there is usually no way you could come to the same conclusions as the characters since there is always that "now I know who the murderer is"-moment