• 60 results
ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ZimboDK

I've got the week off, so I decided that today should be Super Awesome Cooking Day! I rarely cook since I eat a big lunch at work, and usually just make a sandwich when I come home. I still like to experiment in the kitchen from time to time, but it's difficult to find the time and energy for it. However, since today is payday I went shopping and bought tons of stuff for pizza.

Pizza #1
Alright, so I bought some pizza flour and toppings. My perfect pizza is disgusting to most people. It has shrimp, blue mussels, bell peppers, mushrooms and fresh mozarella on it. I bought some finished tomato sauce since I'm lazy, but I think I'll make my own next time. It only takes 5 minutes.

The result:

No Caption Provided
It was amazing! The crust was a bit too thick, but the taste was awesome.

Pizza #2

Man, this week will be really unhealthy. Same procedure as before, though I didn't add any shrimp (ran out), held off on the mussels (well, technically I forgot to add them), and added 2 cloves of garlic. Mix in the garlic with the tomato sauce, or you'll get globs of garlic all over your pizza.

The result:

No Caption Provided
Right, logic failed. Thinner crust = less baking time. Very thin crust = much less time. However, I spread out the mozarrella a bit more, and it covers the entire pizza. Even though it got burnt a bit at the edges, it was still better than the first. The thin crust really makes the difference.

Bonus: Pizza wrap

So the instructions that came with the dough said there would be enough to make 2 pizzas. Since I want them extremely thin, there was enough to almost make 3 (would've been 3½ if I had made the first pizza thinner). Time to experiment!

Same dough, super, super thin. Toppings are ham, mushroom, 1 clove of grated garlic, a bit of chili, some shaved parmesan flakes and bacon. Roll it up, put some foil around it (I don't want a hard crust), bake for 15 minutes at 225 C (437 F).

The result:
No Caption Provided
This has potential. The crust is nice and soft, and the taste is really good! I think I'll make a ton of these in the future. 2 or 3 things I learned from this though: I should've baked the dough for a few minutes before wrapping it. It got a bit too soggy. Also, ham and bacon? Salty. I'll need to balance that out next time. Oh, and parmesan is really strong. Use cheddar or mozarrella

All in all an awesome day. My apartment smells like garlic and oregano, and now I have enough food to last me several weeks. I'll probably make my own tomato sauce next time though. It's really easy and cheap, and I get to decide what spices to put in it. I'll probably want to try my hands on my own dough too. One of the really good ones that should sit over night. It's a bit more complicated, but the results will be much better.

Alright people, let's see what you've got! What do you make when you want awesome food?
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Pasta dishes and

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jetsetwillie

before or after we've eaten it?

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kermoosh

if you count instant ramen, mac n' cheese bowls, and frozen taquitos, then yes i do make food. though im in college so all i have is a microwave. chef ramsey would not approve

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

I do cook, but I'm rather lazy so I tend to just stick to the stuff I can throw in boiling water and come back ten minuets later and it's done or the throw in the oven/microwave and forget kind of meals. I don't have any pictures, but one thing my mom and I invented when I was a kid was pizza rolls. You take egg roll shells and put a table spoon of pizza sauce in the middle, then fill it with whatever pizza toppings you like, we just did cheese, pepperoni, salami and a few other meats, then close it up and put it in a deep fryer for 5-10 minuets depending on heat. Let it sit out to cool off and the grease to get absorbed and they are done. They are sooooooooooo good.

potatomash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By potatomash3r

Fried turmeric chicken!

No Caption Provided
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

I don't have any resent pictures, but here's a meatloaf I cooked. It was yummy.

No Caption Provided
ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZimboDK
@jetsetwillie said:

Poop: No longer food. Puke: Sure, post a picture. It's technically still edible.

@kermoosh said:

if you count instant ramen, mac n' cheese bowls, and frozen taquitos, then yes i do make food. though im in college so all i have is a microwave. chef ramsey would not approve

I can't eat ramen. It's too salty. If you want to save money, you could just buy some noodles and frozen vegetables, and cook them in the microwave. It's definitely better than ramen, and probably better for you. Of course, if you don't have a freezer for the vegetables this doesn't really work.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jimbo

Homemade pizza kicks ass. Gotta be thin with mozarella though. I quite like using Heinz tomato ketchup as the sauce, because I'm basically a savage.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Turambar

Well, I do have a bowl of pot stickers right in front of me that I made, wrapping the raw meat up in the bean curd skin and all.  Hell if I'm going to try to find a camera for it though.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ShadowConqueror

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Panpipe

@Jimbo: Damn, that must be sugary.

I make my own pizzas every friday night. It's a tradition now. I've got a bread-machine, so I use that to make the fresh dough.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kermoosh

@ZimboDK said:

@jetsetwillie said:

Poop: No longer food. Puke: Sure, post a picture. It's technically still edible.

@kermoosh said:

I can't eat ramen. It's too salty. If you want to save money, you could just buy some noodles and frozen vegetables, and cook them in the microwave. It's definitely better than ramen, and probably better for you. Of course, if you don't have a freezer for the vegetables this doesn't really work.

yea i'm cutting down on ramen and many processed foods in general. trying to eat healthy and what not

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Tireyo

I'm interested in this topic, so I'll come back after I cook something. DON'T GO ANYWHERE NOW!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iam3green

i'm thinking about making some fried pickles, some border sauce stuff from taco bell.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Panpipe said:

@Jimbo: Damn, that must be sugary.

I make my own pizzas every friday night. It's a tradition now. I've got a bread-machine, so I use that to make the fresh dough.

Pizza dough made with a bread machine is the best thing ever.

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Butler

I recently made some psychedelic pancakes.

No Caption Provided
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ravenlight

Alternate title: Show me yo food!

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#20  Edited By isomeri

Listening to Patrick telling how he doesn't eat very well when his girl's out of town just makes me sad. Someone needs to teach him how to cook a few basic recipes.

I cook for myself daily. Mainly because I like it, but also because it saves me a lot of money and I know what I'm eating.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By audioBusting
No Caption Provided

Here's a bowl of instant noodle I made.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kerned

My wife and I cook 95% of what we eat. Here are a couple of recent baking projects of mine (everything is from scratch, it's cheating otherwise).

Cream puffs. Some are filled with a Bulliet Rye-flavored pastry cream, the rest with a homemade vanilla whipped cream. Not health food.
Cream puffs. Some are filled with a Bulliet Rye-flavored pastry cream, the rest with a homemade vanilla whipped cream. Not health food.
Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kerned

My second photo didn't make it.

Holla for challa! This loaf ended up being far larger than I anticipated. The leftovers made great French toast.
Holla for challa! This loaf ended up being far larger than I anticipated. The leftovers made great French toast.
Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Legion_

Challange accepted!

I'm going to the store now. I'll post a picture when it's done.

EDIT: And here we are. Chicken filét with broccoli and potato mash, drowned in cream sauce.

No Caption Provided
Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Legion_

@Kerned said:

Looks like a penis with a disease.

SlapHappyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SlapHappyJesus

I taught myself to cook a number of dishes while in the process of teaching myself to eat better.

Various fish and chicken dishes, mostly.

Eating healthy and one the cheap. It's a good thing.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By Tireyo

You guys suck! You're making me hungry!!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By fattony12000

I have, sadly, lost the pictures that I had of my duck and pomegranate salad, chicken cacciatore and one-pot chicken chasseur with a roast sweet potato and squash mash. I'll have to rustle them up again soon to get sexy pix uploaded for your consideration.

Bacons in breads
Bacons in breads
Lemon and orange soaked couscous is the lick
Lemon and orange soaked couscous is the lick
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By laserbolts

Im about to make some grilled cheese I will be back with a picture if I remember to.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By NMC2008

@Legion_ said:

@Kerned said:

Looks like a penis with a disease.

Fuck!! I thought the exact same thing. LMAO!! I just didn't wanna say anything.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By isomeri

Ok, posting some of my own stuff.

Fried vendace with mashed potatoes and onions
Fried vendace with mashed potatoes and onions
Asparagus quiche
Asparagus quiche
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
A nutty raspberry salad with cottage cheese
A nutty raspberry salad with cottage cheese
Parma pizza
Parma pizza
Bacon & cheddar burgers
Bacon & cheddar burgers
Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kerned

@NMC2008: It's a pretty phallic loaf of bread, there is no getting around it.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Krullban
Some 김치찌개
Some 김치찌개
and some pizza
and some pizza
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hippie_genocide

@Kerned: Are you a professional baker or something? Your food looks immaculate.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jams

@isomeri said:

Parma pizza
Parma pizza

Is that capicola gabagool I see?

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a single man who lives alone, all I do is cook for myself. Pizza making is great, I'm still trying to find a good dough recipe. Don't have any photos of the food I make though.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By isomeri

@Jams said:

@isomeri said:

Prosciutto.

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

As a single man who lives alone, all I do is cook for myself. Pizza making is great, I'm still trying to find a good dough recipe. Don't have any photos of the food I make though.

That dough is a livelong quest.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jams

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

I'm in the same situation as you, but making anything seems like more work than it's worth. How much does the cost end up being after you buy everything? I always ending up with spoiled food because you can only buy things that are packaged for a family of 4.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By topsteer

This is from a blog I did on Screened awhile back. I tend to eat a lot of fish as I go fishing pretty often, although I haven't really gone much this past winter. These are either Atlantic Sharpnose or Blacknose sharks or it could be some of both, I don't remember. Sharks are by far my favorite fish to catch and eat so hopefully I'll be able to catch some more pretty soon.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@isomeri: That burger looks amazing.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jams

This is what I cook ;)

No Caption Provided
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By Hamst3r

I can make a mean breakfast sandwich:

No Caption Provided

That's about the extent of my "cooking."

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rentfn
No Caption Provided

We saw this on food network a few weeks ago, so my made it for the football a few sundays ago. It's Breakfast Lasagna. Pancakes instead of noodles. Scrambled eggs in between each lair and then bacon and sausage lairs. It was insane and delicious.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kerned

@Hippie_Genocide: Thanks! But no, I'm not a professional. I just love cooking and baking and I enjoy taking my time with things and making them as awesome as possible.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By ztiworoh

I cook quite a bit, but can't seem to find any photos... but also, I brew beer... so here's a pic of my latest experiment, a cranberry wheat beer.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

@Jams said:

@isomeri said:

Prosciutto.

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

Yeah, I was also looking in how to to maintain a sourdough starter, and that's almost like taking care of a child or pet.

"Sourdough starter at room temperature must be fed no less than twice a day. If you feed it less than twice a day, it will lose vitality and eventually become useless and die."

Harsh stuff.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kerned

@Jams: Heisenberg!

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kerned

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@isomeri said:

@Jams said:

@isomeri said:

Prosciutto.

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

Yeah, I was also looking in how to to maintain a sourdough starter, and that's almost like taking care of a child or pet.

"Sourdough starter at room temperature must be fed no less than twice a day. If you feed it less than twice a day, it will lose vitality and eventually become useless and die."

Harsh stuff.

Not sure where that quote is from, but it's not entirely true. We have had our sourdough starter for several years now. You don't keep it at room temperature, you keep it in the fridge. It comes out, gets fed and lives at room temperature for a day or two once every several weeks. It's very tough to kill it.

Pro tip: sourdough chocolate chip scones.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By OmegaChosen

You guys are making me feel like an amateur.

That's it. Next time I go shopping I'm gonna buy enough food to spend the day grinding cooking until I rank up.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By isomeri

@ztiworoh said:

I cook quite a bit, but can't seem to find any photos... but also, I brew beer... so here's a pic of my latest experiment, a cranberry wheat beer.

I've wanted to start brewing for a long time now. But as an apartment dweller I'm fearful of the space needed,

@TopSteer said:

No Caption Provided

This is from a blog I did on Screened awhile back. I tend to eat a lot of fish as I go fishing pretty often, although I haven't really gone much this past winter. These are either Atlantic Sharpnose or Blacknose sharks or it could be some of both, I don't remember. Sharks are by far my favorite fish to catch and eat so hopefully I'll be able to catch some more pretty soon.

How is shark? What would you compare it to? The meat looks a lot like pike.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By topsteer

@isomeri: I love it. I'm not so good at comparisons but I've heard it compared to swordfish before. I've never had pike before as I'm in Florida and there's not really pike down here.