Do you prefer to buy your games online or in a store?

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iSylence

I tend to buy my games online as they often have way better pricing than the store who don't want to match online prices. 
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/ is my favourite site for online purchases :)

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

If I really really want a game, obviously the store is the way to go.

I agree though about the online pricing. You can find some darn good deals if you are willing to wait a few days.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By thatfrood

Avatar image for randominternetperson
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Store

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Alexander

Online every time. I hardly ever buy second hand.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Most of the time in store, however steam always has all these sales, I then buy it online.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Bones8677

Online, Amazon has the best deals. ^_^

Avatar image for deactivated-5e69ed38bb90a
deactivated-5e69ed38bb90a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I agree online does have better pricing. but there is just something about being able to go into the store get a good relationship with the workers talk about games and maybe even getting "under the table" deals if its a strong relationship. Also there are awesome Midnight events for the big games if you buy at stores :) 
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Devileye said:
" I agree online does have better pricing. but there is just something about being able to go into the store get a good relationship with the workers talk about games and maybe even getting "under the table" deals if its a strong relationship. Also there are awesome Midnight events for the big games if you buy at stores :)  "
You just listed all the reasons I DON'T go to the stores.  :P

Nah, I guess if you know the people than that's cool. Otherwise though they just try to push you into buying more crap and they're annoying.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Online for sure. And if I really want something... I'll preorder it and get it a day early. The internet wins again.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By SamStrife

I used to always buy at shops, but since I've started working full time, I just don't have the time to go into a shop on launch day and buy it.  For that reason I order off Amazon as they deliver it day one, so it's at home waiting for me on a friday night (launch day in the uk) when i get back, giving me that night and the whole weekend to play it. 

Considering Amazon sell it between 5-1- quid less, I don't know why I went to stores in the first place. 

EDIT:  Now I remember, incase it didn't come day one in the post, but that's no biggie for me anymore.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By shirogane

Not having to leave home and receiving my item = awesome. I'm so lazy... 

That said, most of my console games i get in store. PC games i get online. But only cause it's like half the price, and my new laptop doesn't actually have a disc drive.
ScottishGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ScottishGamer

Depends where I can find the game I want cheapest.  However, if I am desperate to get a new game (very rare for me) and I have not pre-ordered it, I would much rather take a 10 min trip to a local game store and pay more, than wait about 2-3 days for it if I had to order it online. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By CL60

Store.

Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Random88

If it's a new game that I want to get straight away,  theres a store I go to that always breaks it release dates.  Games officially go on sale on Friday but they get them delivered on Wednesdays.  They put them straight on the shelf as soon as they're in ( I mean the delivery guy uses the front door walks up to the counter and hands them boxes, they open the box and announce what games they now have) so I usually buy my games from there.  I still search other stores and online to see which has other games cheaper

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Castiel

I buy most of my games online, just because it's cheaper. But when that has been said there just something coozy about being in a real gamestore where you can walk around looking at different games and sometimes you find some weird ass game, which no one has ever heard about and then it turns out to be the best game you have ever played for years. So they both has there advantages. 

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By thatfrood

I'd just like to add that I also prefer to buy things online because the people who made the game see more of the money that way.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pazy

I prefer to get the game in the store if possible because then I get it "now" or at least within an hour or two whereas with online purchases I have to wait two days usually and even thats not guaranteed.  

Spwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spwn

Online. Games are ridiculously over-priced in Finland. New PS3/360 games are 70€ and new DS games are 50€ so I save about 50% by ordering online.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

Online every single time. In fact i hardly buy anything from stores anymore. I honestly wish i could support smaller business, but if i did that i would probably be buying half as much stuff. And, you know, i really do love buying stuff. A purchase here and there are the heart beats that keep my day alive.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Store, I have enough time to waste

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#23  Edited By Jazz

Online. thehut.com if you're interested. 
Have great deals each week for EU, free postage in the UK and only £1.99 within Europe. 
70€ is waaaay too much for a ps3 game these days. I got Blood on the Sand and Dark Void for £9.99 each. 
Still probably too much for those games though...