• 118 results
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420

Poll Do You Stay With Someone Who Cheated? (310 votes)

Stay 7%
It's Over! 93%

I'm referring to a relationship which was agreed on being exclusive and monogamous. There is such a thing as polyamory, but I don't mean that.

And I define cheating as hiding encounters with another person that are of a romantic nature from your significant other. Sex doesn't have to be involved I don't think. Perhaps you have a different definition of cheating? Let us know! Exciting! Sad!

• 
Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They'll never see me again.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

You talk.

And then decide for yourself depending on the situation: the actions, thoughts, reasons and feelings of the people involved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Drop the mic and get out.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

No.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have some respect for myself. So I would leave.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Sin4profit

well, if she breached the contract then...well...

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Wait, relationships are games? How's jumping over the flagpole factor into this?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Did they cheat on you or did they cheat on someone previously?

is the person they're cheating with really hot and amiable for a threesome?

I NEED MORE INFORMATION

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're like the testicular cancer I had, gone.
Cheaters are such human scum I would rather have the cancer back than ever see them again.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trust is very important to relationships. If someone cheats, how the fuck can you ever trust them again?

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperCycle

I depends on the situation. I find that nothing is ever really black and white.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Are they sorry? Can you forgive them? Can you actually forgive them? What has change in the relationship to make sure it doesn't happen again? Who was the person? Why them? When? How often? Do you love them? How long have you been together? Is there a relationship worth saving?

Details. Work out the details. Some stay together and move on, some stay together and resent the cheater, some break up and regret it, some break up and feel better. There's no black and white... people cheat. What happens after is up to them... fuck random people's opinions.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It completely depends on many factors.

Everyone makes intentional mistakes and has moments of weakness. Some deserve second chances, some don't, and it takes a lot of wisdom to know where a specific person falls.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. If it happened once, it will happen again. Don't be a doormat.

fuck random people's opinions.

Agreed, random person.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko said:

Nope. If it happened once, it will happen again. Don't be a doormat.

@pandabear said:

fuck random people's opinions.

Agreed, random person.

How ironic on a few levels.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By artofwar420

@pandabear: Well, that's what I'm asking. What is YOUR opinion on the matter; it's simply trying to get a conversation going.

I'll give mine then, cheating does involve a breach in trust and like Clonedzero trust is a cornerstone of any relationship, be it romantic or otherwise. Cheating to me says "I think I can get away with it and I don't respect you or your feelings," it's basically a giant fuck you. To put a wrinkle on the subject, what if we were on a "break," it depends what kind of break we were taking. What if there are kids involved? For me, as a guy without kids and in an ongoing relationship, I just see it as a matter of respect. I respect you and your feelings and I hope I get the same respect back. If you wanna bang another dude, go ahead, but let's end it so that I may not have a romantic relationship based on lies.

I emphasized the monogamous aspect of this question because obviously in more complex types of relationships, this becomes an even grayer area. Neither am I talking about fuck buddies.

BRTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You talk.

And then decide for yourself depending on the situation: the actions, thoughts, reasons and feelings of the people involved.

This guy knows whats up.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say leave them. Everyone can deal with certain things, personally, that's not something I could handle. If I'm in a relationship, I don't want them with other people sexually. Although I know a guy who's girlfriend cheated on him in high school and now they're married.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShadowConqueror

No. No no no no no.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

There's no black and white...

What if we're talking about a biracial couple?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By crusader8463

That's the one big thing I don't think I could ever forgive someone for, but as I have never been in a relationship I can't say how I would react. I would like to think I would be smart enough to tell her to get out and never come back, but I'm a pretty sad individual and would probably find some way to construed it as being my fault and forgive her.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PandaBear

@pandabear: Well, that's what I'm asking. What is YOUR opinion on the matter; it's simply trying to get a conversation going.

I'll give mine then, cheating does involve a breach in trust and like Clonedzero trust is a cornerstone of any relationship, be it romantic or otherwise. Cheating to me says "I think I can get away with it and I don't respect you or your feelings," it's basically a giant fuck you. To put a wrinkle on the subject, what if we were on a "break," it depends what kind of break we were taking. What if there are kids involved? For me, as a guy without kids and in an ongoing relationship, I just see it as a matter of respect. I respect you and your feelings and I hope I get the same respect back. If you wanna bang another dude, go ahead, but let's end it so that I may not have a romantic relationship based on lies.

I emphasized the monogamous aspect of this question because obviously in more complex types of relationships, this becomes an even grayer area. Neither am I talking about fuck buddies.

But you're talking about hypothetical situations. You need to give specifics here. Not trying to sound antagonistic, and hey as a general rule it's a very bad sign and yes it should end a relationship. But there's not one perfect rule.

This obviously happened to you.... what are the details? (nothing sordid, just the facts)

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By artofwar420

I feel a companion poll spawning from the shiny part of my brain.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wait...why is the poll only adding up to 96%?

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duder, it's over!

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't require that of a woman. If she asked me not to "cheat", I would comply, but I wouldn't ask the same of her. I don't feel I have the right to forbid her from seeking pleasure outside of the relationship or from finding someone better. I'm not that special. I would take solace in knowing that she still liked me enough to stay in the relationship and only ask her to be hygienic while she's with me.

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By anywhereilay

Pull a 'OJ' and be done with it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It's usually a good indicator that you're wasting your time. Find someone better.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheHumanDove

@ezekiel said:

I wouldn't require that of a woman. If she asked me not to "cheat", I would comply, but I wouldn't ask the same of her. I don't feel I have the right to forbid her from seeking pleasure outside of the relationship or from finding someone better. I'm not that special. I would take solace in knowing that she still liked me enough to stay in the relationship and only ask her to be hygienic while she's with me.

hahaha, oh you

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By artofwar420

@pandabear: haha, did it sound like it happened to me? Nope, just thought I'd ask what people think on the subject including me too. Never really gave it much of a thought.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I think that is a complicated issue. First thing to look at would be have they done it before? If so then yeah, I'd say there is merit to just be done with it all right then and there. However, everyone is only human and we all make mistakes if they apologize and actually seem sincere about it a chance at redemption might not be a bad idea. I don't like the idea of dumping someone on the spot if they made an honest mistake.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By tourgen

Don't waste your time with someone who doesn't respect you.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: define "honest mistake" in terms of sexing some other person, or dating them

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd set myself on fire and eat a sandwich just so her final memory of me would be like what the fuck.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't, but I haven't been in a situation where I was cheated on, except for one time when I was a kid.

plasticstars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By plasticstars

Fuck no.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Akyho

I am not the one to answer that. I was with a girl for a year and half. We would meet up fool around then she would scamper off her to Boyfriend after. She cycled through 4 boyfriends in one year, one was even a friend of mines. While I stayed the constant and only getting hurt.

It ended with me saying "you know I love you and its all gotten too much for me" and her reply was "you love me?" I replied "yes....I have been saying it everyday for the last year and half to you...even every 20 minutes...which is probably way too much....it was kinda obvious." she shrugged and I called it off and said goodbye.

Also I was the one being cheated WITH....so I am the odd one.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd set myself on fire and eat a sandwich just so her final memory of me would be like what the fuck.

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Also, why hasn't anyone posted this yet?

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the shittiest feeling in the world, and if you're cheated on you're going to feel absolutely FURIOUS. Stay away for a bit and get the anger out of your system and then think about it rationally afterwards. Like others have said there are a lot of factors that go into it, and it's hardly ever black and white.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did once. I was young and desperate. I'm now older and self-centered.

Some call it emotionally closed. I call it fuck you judgey judgerson.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By stonyman65

Drop 'em. If they don't have enough respect for you to be honest and not cheat, then you don't need them.

I think Jeff said it best:

Loading Video...

I got cheated on by my second girlfriend and it sucked. It really took me a long time (over a year) to get over it because I really liked her.

I found out a little bit later that in the course of 6 months she went through 8 boyfriends and 3 girlfriends. She also get pregnant by a guy who ended up in jail. Her mom kicked her out of the house, she dropped out of highschool (she was 17 at the time, I think) and now she's living with a kid on social security because she can't get a job, and has no real education to speak of. It's a shame because she was a nice girl and she had the potential to do anything she wanted, but instead made some really shitty decisions. So I guess life is going great for her. Not to get on to the whole race/social thing, but she was a black girl who grew up in a bad part of town, and she eventually ended up in the same place her mother was she had her... And so the cycle goes on...

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AngriGhandi

Well, every situation is different. But allow me to make a blanket statement!

If what happened was an impulsive or one-off thing that didn't require a massive web of lies to keep hidden from you, then that's not so bad, because it's a mistake more than it is a malicious act per se.

But if it was a "running around behind your back" type of situation, with willful deception and a system of lies to keep you from catching on, then your relationship is over, because this person made a level-headed decision based on intent, and being willing to make that decision reflects that they don't respect or trust you on some fundamental level.

And without respect and trust, your shit is fucked!

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Krullban

I would never be able to trust that person again.

ungratefuldead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ungratefuldead

It's all circumstantial really. I would try to work it out at the very least. Talk about it, depending on how serious the relationship is, maybe see a counselor. But like others have said, it's all about respect. You never stay with someone who doesn't respect or love you in kind. And even if you did stay with someone who cheated with you, it would be like building from the ground up again. Neither of you would have any respect for each other at that point. I think a relationship COULD recover from that with the right effort or under the right pretexts, but in general I guess the answer is no. Probably not.

However, someone also mentioned kids being involved, and quite honestly, if that was the circumstance I'd probably put up with it for their behalf. Growing up in a single parent household, I wouldn't want the same for my kids. Unless, like, it got to the point where all we did was argue, in which case yeah; the kids don't need that shit.

AMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AMonkey

My thoughts:

Cheating involves sex/sexual acts (e.g. bj, fingering etc) and is unforgivable. If a girl cheats you dump her immediately.

Dating another guy, or pretend sex (i.e. webcam, sexting) is over the line but I wouldn't considering it cheating. In this case I'd giver her one more another chance and I'd expect her to not contact that person again.

Kissing is somewhere in between, I don't know what I'd do if I found out my girlfriend made out with another guy.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By vaiz

A single indiscretion might be worth talking it out, as it might be indicative of a problem in the relationship that needs to be worked out but no one had said anything.

Long term/multiple instance cheating? Fuck that, pack your shit and get out.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to stay with her. I got fired today, I need her to pay my rent and my car bill. Damn I love you girl, Everybody makes mistakes, I forgive you.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A one time fuck up where she comes clean and is genuinely regretful. We can talk and maybe work it out.

If I have to find out that it's an ongoing affair that she is hiding behind my back, I'm not dealing with that.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd leave them even if it would break me for a while. I don't know. I don't think I could even take a lapse in judgment. Don't even get with me if you think you might do it.