Do you think there will ever be a world war 3 within 100 years?

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

I think we will probably have  war with Arab or china person but be very different from the Hitler war because of tech.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DirrtyNinja
W....T......F
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By xruntime

Yes

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vaxadrin

I think its early stages have already begun, to be perfectly honest.

It'll be some horrible amalgamation of the Iraq/Iran front, Isreal/Palestine front, and Russia/George front.  Likely with more than just 2 factions this time.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar
MIALER_DAEMON said:
"I think we will probably have  war with Arab or china person but be very different from the Hitler war because of tech."
Nice grammarz!!!!

I think Russia will get bored one day and launch a nuke at Greenland to see what color the snow changes. However, they'll kill a polar bear or something, so then the environmentalists will launch a counter-strike. The Russians will mistake this for an attack from the US and all hell will break loose.
MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

I will become a real S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By SSbabel

Theres bound to be a WW III within the next 25 years.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xruntime

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vaxadrin
AndrewGaspar said:
"I think Russia will get bored one day and launch a nuke at Greenland to see what color the snow changes. However, they'll kill a polar bear or something, so then the environmentalists will launch a counter-strike. The Russians will mistake this for an attack from the US and all hell will break loose."
Russia is smart enough to know that the majority of the US doesn't care about the environment.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24
AndrewGaspar said:
"MIALER_DAEMON said:
"I think we will probably have  war with Arab or china person but be very different from the Hitler war because of tech."
Nice grammarz!!!!

I think Russia will get bored one day and launch a nuke at Greenland to see what color the snow changes. However, they'll kill a polar bear or something, so then the environmentalists will launch a counter-strike. The Russians will mistake this for an attack from the US and all hell will break loose."
Ha.  That is a funny idea.  Yet 100% plausible...not really.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By atejas

Possibly. Russia's gone and fucked up relations, nobody's happy with China, shit's still going on in Israel and Iran.

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

Russia are bad people. Call Of Duty made them out to be good people at Reichstag waving flag but they went on raping spree afterwords lol.
Stupid video-game glamoring war, like world war III video-game.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
MIALER_DAEMON said:
"I think we will probably have  war with Arab."

Just one dude?
Metamorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Metamorphic

Within a year. Special Ops and agents are already in Iran. I'm turning 18 soon. Lets see how this turns out... FUCKING SHITTY GOVERNMENTS!!!

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Pibo47

I bet in 10 years we will have wwIII

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

A year?

If we have another world war with tech it could be alot worse alot faster.

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By toxicEnchiliada
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By atejas
MIALER_DAEMON said:
"Russia are bad people. Call Of Duty made them out to be good people at Reichstag waving flag but they went on raping spree afterwords lol.
Stupid video-game glamoring war, like world war III video-game."

I think Russia is a cool guy, eh reasserts military power in Ex-Soviet Bloc, and doesnt afraid of anything.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Well this georgia/russia conflict going on at the moment is extremely similar to how WWI started.

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

Seems more like the cold war.

Brasky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Brasky

yes and probably in the lifetime for everyone that posts in these boards but what can u do? my guess will be either arab or communist country(s). enjoy the life you have now, cause those in power that bicker with nuclear weapons can lead to bad ending.

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Manks

Yeah I believe WW3 will occur within the next 100 years.  Hell, even within the next 25.  Most likely against a Communist country.  

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By JoblessTerence

We're going to have a war but it won't be a WWIII, it will be a Cold War II.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Omega

Is it just me and Bill Hicks that believes that if every nation used the money, that is spent on war machines, in a program to feed and clothe the poor of the world. Not one person excluded, that we could live as one species undivided in harmony forever.

Or am I just too idealistic?

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vlademir

I think we will have a WWIII in less than 2 years if McCain gets elected as the American president seeing as how he's openly said he wants to bomb Iran.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DualReaver

I'm not some basement conspirator, but I do believe there is a good chance of a WW3 happening within the next 100 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I doubt it. If we are going to have one of those,  I think certain countries would be blown up in one go thanks to modern warfare weapons.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By adam_grif

No. Anybody who thinks the idea of WWIII is plausible has no idea about actual international politics and Nuclear Strategy.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By pirate_republic

Sure, but I don't think anything as extreme as WW1 or WW2. No Hitler 2.0's or Pearl Harbour 2.0's or anything like that.

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

I'm pretty sure a world war would be extreme.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By adam_grif

Doesn't really matter, because it won't be happening. Some regional wars maybe, but no World Wars. Any country with a Nuclear arsenal is instantly disqualified for any conflict with other Nuclear Powers.

Strategic Paralysis thus prevents such countries from entering into likely conflict scenarios.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32  Edited By Black_Rose
MIALER_DAEMON said:
"Russia are bad people. Call Of Duty made them out to be good people at Reichstag waving flag but they went on raping spree afterwords lol.

O....M....G
Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gamer

there wont be a WW3 there will be a new war called UW1 (universe war 1) and this will be our first mediocre war with the aliens

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By adam_grif
Gamer said:
"there wont be a WW3 there will be a new war called UW1 (universe war 1) and this will be our first mediocre war with the aliens"
Combat in space will be really, really boring in real life.
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Possible future list of WW3, obviously all will involve the US, that goes without saying, a war without the US just isn't the same. Here's the following list of possible wars people think will erupt, mix and match the different coalitions at your pleasure:

Russia
Middle East coalition
China
EU
North Korea
Pakistan
Canada
Penguins
Bigfoot
Australia

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

I hope combat in space is like moonraker. It is good Jaws became a good guy and lived I think.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Clean

If there is. I will volunteer to protect our country if every citizen's life is in danger.

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

Saying it is easier than doing it.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Clean
MIALER_DAEMON said:
"Saying it is easier than doing it."
Well you said in the 100 years. I'm willing to do it if its like WW2, thats a cause bigger than me but I understand. Its a commitment, will I join the army to fight in the Middle East, Hell No but I'd join if we are fighting in a world war.

damn that kinda made sense a little bit haha
Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW4 would be fought with stick and stones.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By serbsta

There will not be a WW3 with current world relations and policies in place, but something much worse will happen. The Isreali-run United States will pursue the Caspain region, they will soon announce to the public the creation of the North American Union which has already, to the unknowing citizens of the United States abolished any borders between the US, Canada and Mexico, thats right. I think by 2050 a one world government will be almost complete, i say we wake up and take out those evil pricks now.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By serbsta
kitsune_conundrum said:
"WW4 would be fought with stick and stones."
"WW4 will be fought with stick and stones."

=]
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ArchScabby

With the way everyone in the world takes everything way to seriously, and because of religion I would pretty much guarantee it.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Omega
serbsta said:
"kitsune_conundrum said:
"WW4 would be fought with stick and stones."
"WW4 will be fought with stick and stones."

=]"
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a nuclear warhead will really fuck you up.
Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Blitzer
Black_Rose said:
"MIALER_DAEMON said:

O....M....G"
Everyone is aware that Russia was actually protecting Ossetians right? Georgian troops were the ones killing civilians.
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By adam_grif
serbsta said:
"There will not be a WW3 with current world relations and policies in place, but something much worse will happen. The Isreali-run United States will pursue the Caspain region, they will soon announce to the public the creation of the North American Union which has already, to the unknowing citizens of the United States abolished any borders between the US, Canada and Mexico, thats right. I think by 2050 a one world government will be almost complete, i say we wake up and take out those evil pricks now."
No.

Someone has been listening to a bit too much Ron Paul.

WW4 would be fought with stick and stones.
That seems unlikely. World Wars didn't begin until technology had progressed to a certain point with international communications, radio and transportation. Any future human culture that develops or recovers these is likely to develop or recover firearm technology too, since that's much simpler, technologically speaking.

I bet you heard that quote on CoD4.

I hope combat in space is like moonraker. It is good Jaws became a good guy and lived I think.
No. It will be nothing like Moonraker. I know you are just joking, but I feel the need to respond to this post in detail regardless.

Combat in space is very unlikely to ever happen. However if it did, it would be something like this:

- Spacecraft #1 sees Spacecraft #2 when it is several million kilometers away.
- Spacecraft #1 identifies Spacecraft #2 as hostile.
- Spacecraft #1 turns on it's generators, quickly charges it's laser, and fires at Spacecraft #2

~fin

That's about it.

In space, there is no such thing as stealth. It doesn't matter if you're invisible to radar, you can't hide your thermal radiation emissions, and a small rocket motor can be seen from earth if you are as far away as Pluto. Assuming you somehow found a way to "magically" stop all of your heat from escaping (like they do in "Mass Effect". Impossible in real life though), the fact that all power generation causes tremendous heat buildup, with no way to cool your ship fast enough (because all cooling occurs in one of two ways: by emitting thermal radiation, and by convection. Convection can not occur in space, as there is no atmosphere.), everybody inside will heat up until they die. This problem is magnified by a thousand if you put a small nuclear reactor on board.

Oh, and here's a funny thought. If you can see somebody, they are within firing range of laser weapons. A high powered laser will heat up your ship pretty damn fast, making the above cooling issue an enormous problem. I give it about 12 seconds before you're completely toast, at a very long way away.

You can not tell you are being shot by a laser until it has already hit you, because nothing moves faster than light.

Which brings us to our next issue. There is no such thing as FTL travel. Don't even try to argue about this. It's not happening. This means all travel will likely be done at around 0.1c (1/10th of the speed of light), which makes interstellar travel times very, very, very long. This also means that since there are no magical shortcuts to just "appear" at otehr places, you actually have to accelerate all your mass to that high speed.

This of course then means that the larger your ship is, the more fuel you need to carry, and the larger your engine has to be (if you want to accelerate at the same rate). Given that you need to carry a lot of fuel for a return trip somewhere, ( A LOT ), there is a huge incentive to make ships as "light" as possible (by that I mean the lower the mass of the ship, the better. It has no "weight" as it is in space). You need an engine, lots of fuel, space for people to be, electromagnetic radiation shielding, LOTS of it (to prevent people being destroyed by solar radiation), food, water, and a hull.

Now, this doesn't really leave much space in a small craft for weapons, before we even think about armor. Armor is totally out of the question - you simply can not put enough of it on to prevent your craft from being destroyed by even the most modest weaponry without being a lumbering space hulk that can barely even move. You do, however, as mentioned above, need radiation shielding. Lots of it. Radiation shielding at least doubles as a very very ineffective defense against distantly bursting nukes in space (but if they go off anywhere near you, even 50 kilometers or more away, then you can kiss your life goodbye).

Why do you need so much of it, and what is it? You need so much of it because you're not protected by Earth's magentic field. That's what stops most people on earth from dying due to cosmic radiation and solar radiation. It consists of... stuff. The dense the substance, the more effective at shielding it. This is another problem - the good shielding materials like lead and depleted uranium are high-mass, and thus we strike the ballance problem again. Do you put more shielding on or more fuel?

I was going to go on about weapons, but I don't have it in me to continue right now. If someone wants to know, I'll post it later.