Ever been near a tornado?

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ahriman22

I was last year at a wilderness summer camp. It was a land Tornado and a Waterspout (Tornado Over water) since there was a sizable lake that belonged to the camp. We where quite far from the actual base of the camp, since my group was out on a biking expedition. No need to mention the rules of the road didn't apply when we where biking for our lives and it took quite some time to get back to base. After the storm there was white foam and logs in the lake (Making the kayaking the next pretty damn frustrating) and trees everywhere (Several of the camp's cars where destroyed).

Damn thing came in when we where about to have our damn pudding. :(

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RetroIce4

Yup we live right by a abandoned golf course. Some Nasty stuff over there any coyotes, but we lived in a different area before we moved to our new house but the Tornado ripped up the whole golf course before we moved. They fixed it all though.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MisterSpiffy

Yes, tornado warnings happen here almost daily.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ahriman22
RetroIce4 said:
"Yup we live right by a abandoned golf course. Some Nasty stuff over there any coyotes, but we lived in a different area before we moved to our new house but the Tornado ripped up the whole golf course before we moved. They fixed it all though."
Damn nados... I like golf...
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Tornado was nearby last week but I have only experienced one hurricane which was dean it was crazy it was like zombies were attacking in the form of water and were all trying to get into the house because we had to board it  up but seriously reminded me of a survival horror game and every one was ok in the end. It was also interesting to see the after math of the destruction in jamaica.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blu_Magic

Nope.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By brukaoru
Blu_Magic said:
"Nope."
Same. Had warnings, but no actual Tornado.
stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By stAtic

Don't have tornados where I live.

Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Just_Insane

I HATE TORNADOS!!!!!! Gosh....half of my neighborhood was destroyed by this massive tornado one time....my whole family was in the bathtub and all of us kids were crying and basically pooping ourselves

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Manks

I used to live in Alabama and we had a few tornado warnings there.  One of the tornadoes was about 3 miles away from my house there.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shocker

I wish.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ahriman22
Just_Insane said:
"I HATE TORNADOS!!!!!! Gosh....half of my neighborhood was destroyed by this massive tornado one time....my whole family was in the bathtub and all of us kids were crying and basically pooping ourselves"
Lol, I felt more like murdering the kids there since there was a mixture of crying, singing (In french! Arg...), hand clapping and laughter. That was torture.
Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Just_Insane

....during a tornado?!?!?! Where these kids retarded in some form? And why in the hell where they singing in french?

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Nope, tornadoes are really rare where I live. I remember when I was a kid I wanted to be a tornado chaser though, and I used to watch extreme weather shows and movies all the time.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Demilich

No, but when my mother was pregnant with me in the eighties there was a huge Tornado that hit Edmonton and killed a bunch of people.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ahriman22
Just_Insane said:
"....during a tornado?!?!?! Where these kids retarded in some form? And why in the hell where they singing in french?"
Lol, that was once I got back with less leg hair than when i left (Don't fall off a bike at high speed, don't bike when wet) and everyone was in the basement of the cafeteria. I live in Montreal, Qc and Quebec being the retarded province so stuck up it's own ass it won't adopt English like everyone else, everyone here knows French to some extent and the camp was officially French. So some where crying like the damn Gremlins they are, some moniters had the bright idea of singing with the kids and clapping their hands and kids being the stupid that they are where laughing. I felt like kayaking into the waterspout instead of hearing that. So I faked (And damn well, tears and all) that i was so shocked I couldn't move and got moved to another, quieter room where i got cookies. :P
Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Just_Insane
ahriman22 said:
"Just_Insane said:
"....during a tornado?!?!?! Where these kids retarded in some form? And why in the hell where they singing in french?"
Lol, that was once I got back with less leg hair than when i left (Don't fall off a bike at high speed, don't bike when wet) and everyone was in the basement of the cafeteria. I live in Montreal, Qc and Quebec being the retarded province so stuck up it's own ass it won't adopt English like everyone else, everyone here knows French to some extent and the camp was officially French. So some where crying like the damn Gremlins they are, some moniters had the bright idea of singing with the kids and clapping their hands and kids being the stupid that they are where laughing. I felt like kayaking into the waterspout instead of hearing that. So I faked (And damn well, tears and all) that i was so shocked I couldn't move and got moved to another, quieter room where i got cookies. :P"

thats prettty much amazing.......and you ended up with cookies in the end too lol
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ahriman22

Hey, I had to get out of there and what best to help someone in shock than cookies?

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vlademir
MisterSpiffy said:
"Yes, tornado warnings happen here almost daily."
That's scary.
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Relys

Duuuude, I've beeeeeen the tornado.

Nah, I live in Alaska. We don't get very many here.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ahriman22
Relys said:
"Duuuude, I've beeeeeen the tornado.

Nah, I live in Alaska. We don't get very many here."
No snow/icespouts?
gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gman

I grew up in the midwest and we had tons of Tornado Warnings but none ever hit close by.  I do remember one time my brother and I were home alone and the sirens were blaring.  We went down to the basement (where we hung out anyways 'cause that's were the tv, Atari, Colecovision, etc were).  We brought down all our prized possessions because we didn't want them to get taken if the top of the house blew away.  We didn't bother (or think about) bringing down food or water.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bulldog19892
Shocker said:
"I wish."
No you don't. Tornadoes suck. We get them all the time.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Clean

Every few minutes or so in California. Their quite friendly if you get to know them.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ahriman22
Clean said:
"Every few minutes or so in California. Their quite friendly if you get to know them."
Lol