Favorite Anime Themes

D-Man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By D-Man123

I don't now what it is about anime, but they always have awesome themes for their shows. Out of all the anime I watched, which isn't alot, I have a few that stand out above the rest for me.

No Caption Provided

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Hologram

Picking a theme from the FMA Brotherhood was a tough choice since I could make a list with all of them of the themes they are so good. I ended up with this one because of the way it sounds and how well it goes with the opening associated with it. The chorus is catchy and the song is very upbeat sounding making this one my favorite out of all of them.

No Caption Provided

One Punch Man - Hero

I recently watched One Punch Man and to my surprise I enjoyed it. My first thought when I heard of the premise is why would I want watch a show where I know the hero is gonna win in one punch. What I got was an anime with epic visuals, great characters, and a theme that gets you pumped for the awesomeness Saitama and company is about to bring.

No Caption Provided

Food Wars - Kibou no Uta - I don't know what initially brought me to Food Wars and the first couple episodes I watched almost turned me off by its weirdness. I stuck with it anyway and found it to be a charming anime with it's quirkiness and fun. It goofiness is one of the things I love and it's anime theme is always gets me pumped for the episode.

No Caption Provided

Btooom - No Pain, No Game - I for one liked this anime when I watched it and hope for it to get a second season. Saying this theme was the perfect for the tone of the anime. Btooom was about a group of children getting transported to a island to take part and a death-match based off a famous video game. The anime may not be as popular as most and with the manga not selling well I doubt I get closure for the cliff hanger it left me on.

No Caption Provided

Haikyuu - One type of anime I didn't think I would ever enjoy is a sport anime. Now, I find myself loving all different types of them. From Haikyuu to Kuroko's basketball the sport anime is my favorite genre of anime. This theme stands out above all the other sport anime themes because of the message of going through whatever you have to achieve your dream. Let nothing stop you on your path on that goal.

Those are my favorite anime themes and let me know what some of yours are? What are also one your favorite anime's in general? Let me know and have a nice day.

No Caption Provided

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I gotta go with the original Star Blazers theme.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ezekiel

The Akira soundtrack, Symphonic Suite Akira. I don't care much for short catchy songs. Akira stylishly combines classical Japanese music with electronica and progressive rock. The movie owes much of its atmosphere to the psychedelic music. Some of the tracks are over ten minutes long.

Serial Experiments Lain also has an interesting soundtrack, but it doesn't even come close.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#4 liquiddragon  Online

Detective Conan had a new theme pretty much every season and I liked a lot of those. The Judy and Mary song for Rurouni Kenshin I love. I have no idea if the US versions have different ones. Soundtrack wise, the one for Millinium Actress is incredible.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I really liked the Credits song from the first season of Naruto. It was a catchy Japanese-to-English type of song that I found really endearing. It was before they switched it to J-rock or whatever it's called. I don't watch a whole lot of anime, though, so I'll add more if I can remember them.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Since Cowboy Bebop has already been covered, I'll just drop this in here and be on my way.

Loading Video...

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VierasTalo

My favorite themes in anime are shame, bestiality and unrequited love.

Not necessarily in that order.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and the intro song to the original Ghost in the Shell movie.

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ToySoldier83

I have numerous favorite anime tracks, not just from opening and credits but the soundtracks themselves. But if I had to make this into a top 5 of favorite anime opening it would be these.

No Caption Provided

1) TANK! - Yoko Kanno is a master when it comes to composing great music, especially in the anime scene where you'll see her experimenting with different musical genres for each show she takes part in. While this is not my favorite Yoko Kanno track (that would be Moon from Turn A Gundam), Tank! from Cowboy Bebop definitely my favorite opening from her....ok maybe Ask DNA (from the Cowboy Bebop movie) is a close second.

No Caption Provided

2) Battlecry - What do you get when you mix hip hop with Japanese samurai culture? You get the hypnotic head bopping opening track from the late Nujabes. Some live, some die, in the way of the samurai.

No Caption Provided

3) Cha La Head Cha La - This isn't your American DBZ opening this is the original Japanese opening. There are many version of Cha La Head Cha La, but it is the original by Hironobu Kageyama aka Mr DBZ that still gets my blood pumping for 15 episodes of dudes powering up. SPARKLING!!!

No Caption Provided

4) Dream Island Obsessional Park - There is something off...yet hypnotizing, something serene and yet creepy about this opening. Maybe its the upbeat lyrics about mushroom clouds while the character laugh unnaturally straight into the camera as misfortune surrounds them...naw its probably that damn Lil Slugger!

No Caption Provided

5) Cruel Angel's Thesis - This is what many may consider the quintessential anime opening to what is considered by many as the quintessential anime. I don't like to talk in absolutes, but this opening is pretty darn good.

Honorable Mentions

One Punch Man - Hero

Attack on Titan - The Crimson Bow and Arrow

Soul Eater - Resonance

Gantz - Super Shooter

Hellsing - Logos Naki World

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

There are way too many to name. Some that come to mind though

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

There was a time when I would listen to the main three Evengalion soundtracks and a few songs here and there from Fullmetal Alchemist.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a bit of a cop-out because I was a Delgados fan before I heard one of their songs made it into the intro of an anime, and I haven't even seen the anime, but The Delgados were great.

Loading Video...

As far as favorite anime are concerned. Cowboy Bebop forever. Haibane Renmei and Kino no Tabi also great.

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Last anime I watched was Code Geass R2 and a few eps of One Punch because of the hype it' has gotten. I still check out a lot of anime OP and ED for some good music, and this tokyo ghoul one was really catchy.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Enters thread... Sees Cowboy Beebop posted on second answer... walks away.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By GunslingerPanda

The Evangelion theme is the best theme for a bad anime.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say off the top of my head but the first that comes to mind for me is always Ping Pong. Just such a good hype opening to get you pumped for some ping-pong.

Loading Video...

A close second would be Tatami Galaxy. Unlike Ping Pong, this song does a really good job at invoking the sort of feeling the show has. It's a day in the life of this dude and all his weird friends/acquaintances. It feels happy but at the same time there is a longing for more.

Loading Video...

And of course, any JoJo opening. In particular, Sono Chi no Sadame is probably my favorite out of all of them. Definitely top three contender for overall favorite as well.

section09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By section09
Loading Video...

100% my favorite OP of all time (probably)

Loading Video...

Great one from last season (watch this show)

Loading Video...

How this one not been posted yet??

Loading Video...

Quack Experimental OP

Loading Video...

First OP from PSYCHO PASS

Loading Video...

Technically not an OP but the ED2 from PSYCHO PASS

Loading Video...

Good music to HACK to!

Loading Video...

More good music to hack to!

Loading Video...

First OP to GURREN LAGANN

Loading Video...

OP to the Danganronpa 3 Future Arc anime (DR spoilers ? )

Loading Video...

another strong contender

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By Hamst3r
Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Tokyo Ghoul and Noragai are my favorite

Not trying to be a dick here, but you've dug up numerous threads that are a few days old; while there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, you're not really adding value to them by not elaborating on anything you say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

Can't believe nobody posted GTO. This opening is just so damn catchy. And the animation that goes with it is also amazing. By far my favorite OP.

thdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically everything @combustion_man said, plus a few others.

Loading Video...

Some classic Shonen nonsense, but incredibly well done Shonen nonsense. The dub, in particular, is very well done (shout outs to Chris Sabat).

Loading Video...

An ending, not an opening, but you wanna talk about something that captures the show perfectly? Tiger Mask W is shockingly amazing, beyond just being a bunch of nonsense.

Loading Video...

Just some jazzy goddamn jazz. Watch Baccano, it still holds up real well.

Loading Video...

So, here's my theory on FMA: Brotherhood openings (and endings). With the exception of one, there isn't a bad one in the bunch. All capture an element of the show in one form or another in excellent form. However, something about Opening 2 always clicked with me real well. Maybe because its the one used the most? Least caricaturally sentimental? Or maybe because its the last song you hear in the show. Regardless, can't go wrong.

druv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple of favourites:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Several of my favorites mentioned already, like Gunsmith Girls, Evangelion, and all the music from Bubblegum Crisis. I've always really liked the intro from Gunsmith Cats as well.

Loading Video...

But seriously, any music from the original Bubblegum Crisis OVAs is money. AD Police is very good also, and even Bubblegum Crash has its moments. But seriously...

Loading Video...
afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Love both the song and style of the first Bleach OP

Loading Video...

Same with the 7th

Loading Video...

First opening to Eureka Seven is one of my favorites (the third one is pretty good as well, but this is my favorite of the four)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Pretty much all of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood's openings. Like, all of them. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be this one because it's got this weird funk-rock thing going on. I don't like the endings quite as much and there's one I don't really like at all, but whoever picked those openings did a pretty good job. Thanks. Now I want to go watch that show. Again. I could probably recite it by heart at this point.

Baccano's opening is excellent, too.

I like Death Parade's opening. Too bad the show isn't anywhere near as lively and active as the opening, it's like both were made completely separate of each other. I only watched a few episodes of that show, it had some interesting concepts but I never stuck with it enough to know if they made good on those concepts.

Serial Experiments Lain's opening is something that has stuck with me. I think the opening and the song they picked both matched the really somber atmosphere that show was going for. I don't like the ending song for this show anywhere near as much.

Psycho Pass's second opening was pretty great, too. Fun fact: That's actually a Japanese band doing all of the singing there, not some dude from California or something. I wound up listening to the album that song came from, most of the singing is in English.

I like Blood Blockade Battlefront's opening but it's the ending that made me watch the show because watching all the main characters dance was just so energetic and silly. That show has a laundry list of problems, from pacing to hanging plot threads to characters who needed more screen time to an underwhelming finale that kept getting delayed over and over again, but I had a lot of fun watching it nonetheless. I would love to see this get the Fullmetal Alchemist treatment, where they start from scratch and do it right this time, but like the original Fullmetal Alchemist, I still enjoyed what they've already put out.

Attack on Titan's opening song is almost as ridiculous as Blood Blockade Battlefront's animation. And yes, it does go with everything - not unlike Guile's Theme.

Inuyasha's first ending theme brings me waves of nostalgia. I used to sit up really late and watch Adult Swim on Saturdays and, for some reason, it's Inuyasha's first ending that really makes me think about those days.

Cowboy Bebop's opening is a classic but that's information that basically everybody on the internet knows at this point.

As a final note, I don't know if I'd like most of these songs outside of the show - or at least the animated segment - that goes along with them. I don't want to diss them, but all of them are unlike my usual taste in music. It's less the songs themselves that I really like and more of what they signified - that I was getting into something I really enjoy. A good anime opening really gets my mind in gear to lean back, relax, and enjoy the show, and a good ending gives me some time to process what I just watched. I'm pretty sure both of those things really contribute a lot to the fact that I rarely watch movies, almost never watch TV shows, but watch anime at least somewhat regularly.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Aegon

Plenty that I agree with has been posted. This thread could get unwieldy if everything noteworthy is posted, so I'll just embed a few of the less obvious ones.

Tenjo Tenge's Opening is likely the best thing about the show:

Loading Video...

Shinsekai Yori's ED is worth mentioning:

Loading Video...

For an old school theme, I'd go with Legend of the Galctic Hero's first ED. Looked forward to it every episode.

Loading Video...

Edit: Oh yeah! For a more recent one, Erased's ED (animated by the same guy who did Shinsekai Yori's) is great as well.

Loading Video...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

A lot of what I would pick has already been posted here, so I'll suffice with the first intro to Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. For a show that gets real dark after a certain point, this sure is one of the jauntiest anime intros I've ever seen.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything I like has basically been covered here. My favourite anime opening miiight be Cowboy Bebop. The whole OST is top notch. I would also like to direct people to openings.moe. Openings/Endings all day long.

Don't know if it counts because I don't think it was written for it. but the Pillows are a great band so all the music in FLCL is fantastic. Here's the ending song.

Loading Video...

Some honourable mentions

Toradora: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ktJuWtA4fQ

Like every opening and ending song from K-On.

Nichijou: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzNLayMrJk

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Guys, can we start posting links instead of the whole video? Even my 200mbps connection is starting to take a little while to load up everything on this page.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By Whitestripes09

Seeing as most of the more well known ones are up, I'll put up others that I really enjoy.

I'm really surprised this one isn't on here though... definitely up there on my list.

Loading Video...

Here are some other ones I really enjoy.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Also, I think some of the Gundam openings are criminally underrated.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Also, honorable mentions to Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and Iria Zeriam Animation

AzureGale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AzureGale

My top favorite theme anime theme so far is "Jumping!!" from season 1 of Kiniro Mosaic. It manages to be catchy and easy without being overly sweet. I searched the ends of the earth for a clean video on Youtube and found nothing, so no video. The season 1 ending theme, "Your Voice", is also nice and jazzy. Again, a video with the music was impossible to find :(

Rule of thumb for me is that if Dogakobo is doing a cute girls doing cute things comedy, the opening will most likely be catchy.

"Yuriyurarararayuruyuri Daijiken" from the first season of Yuru Yuri caught me right at the start. The video is five minutes of just the catchy part because a full version of the opening was also impossible to find.

The opening of Himouto! Umaru-chan, "Kakushin-teki Metamarufouze!", is a pretty nice solo act, especially the beginning.

Gabriel DropOut's theme, "Gabriel Dropkick", has a fun part where they switch between a choir-like background music and edgy guitar part when an angel or demon is singing, respectively.

For non-Dogakobo themes, Is the Order a Rabbit? had some catchy ones. "Daydream Café" had me with the first part, and the season 2 credits not only has "Tokimeki Poporon♪" but also a really adorable sequence.

When it comes to themes that aren'tthe main cast singing them, both openings of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, "Yukitoki" and "Harumodoki" were pretty energetic, yet still hinting at some more dramatic parts.

"Starting Now!" from This Art Club Has a Problem! is standard, but it's still fun to listen to.

"Aozora no Rhapsody" from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid has a whimsical feel to it. It's like it's going for a classic style.

From Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, "Kimi Janakya Dame Mitai" is a great jazzy piece and a nice change from what I expected from a series of this sort.

Non Non Biyori's season 1 opening "Nanairo Biyori" is incredibly laid-back relaxing and gets me in the mood for watching the show.

Finally, a section for Working!! because I found many of their opening and ending themes catchy.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sine I've been watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, My favorite so far is the Battle Tendency OP:

Loading Video...

I've haven't seen Diamond is Unbreakable yet But the first OP reminds me of persona 4?:

Loading Video...

This one I like cause Japanese Guitar rock:

Loading Video...

Annnd the last one cause THIS HAS SOME STYYYYYYLLLLEEEEE!!!!!:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

peregrin38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man Great Days, heck yes :')

Probs my personal fav is the Blood Blockade Battlefront OP:

Loading Video...

Bonus Points to Barakamon's OP

Loading Video...

And shoutout to Mushi-shi for introducing me to Lucy Rose, the album this track is from is great:

Loading Video...

For older stuff, my favs were absolutely from the Blood+ series, all of which were great but with the 2nd probably being my pick:

Loading Video...
Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ezekiel

Serial Experiments Lain's opening is something that has stuck with me. I think the opening and the song they picked both matched the really somber atmosphere that show was going for. I don't like the ending song for this show anywhere near as much.

Have you listened to Boa? Twilight and Get There are good albums.