Favorite film in the Cornetto trilogy?

• 91 results
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Poll Favorite film in the Cornetto trilogy? (522 votes)

Shaun of the Dead 35%
Hot Fuzz 51%
The World's End 9%
I hate all of them. 2%
I haven't seen them. 4%

• 
VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hot Fuzz. It's a two-hour comedy that turns into what it's a parody of and sort of ends up being better than the movies it's making fun of all the while being a two-hour comedy with nothing but non-stop one-liners and incredibly laborious jokes without actually feeling tiring or like it was running out of gas.

redsoundwaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is really hard to choose from for me just because of how each one fits in. I feel like each movie in the trilogy is a look into the evolution of Edgar, Nick and Simon in their styles and experience. I am going to choose The World's End because of its themes and its different approach to parody.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I love them all, but Hot Fuzz is the greatest cop action movie of our time.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I picked The World's End, largely because it handled the decline of pub culture/mentality in a pretty refreshing and humorous way

Hot Fuzz is definitely a close second, though

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're all great... but I have to go with the original.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot Fuzz is my go-to date movie.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot Fuzz is one of my favorite movies of all time.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot Fuzz, with Shaun as a close second. The World's End I've only seen once and it didn't hit me as hard as the two originally did. Should give it another chance one of these days...

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I love all three, but I would put Hot Fuzz in my top 10 of all time, easily. Not only do I find it to be the funniest of the bunch, but I think it's also the most re-watchable simply for how many subtle jokes are crammed into it. That's basically Edgar Wright's style, and all of these movies have them, but Hot Fuzz is really dense with that stuff, and I find something new almost every time I watch it.

Shaun of the Dead is probably my favorite to reference out of them all, but ultimately my least favorite of the trilogy. I feel bad saying that, too, because I fucking love that movie. The World's End was not only hilarious, but had a great atmosphere and some legitimately awesome action sequences. My favorite thing about that movie was that the trailers did not advertise the action at all, and the movie wasn't rated for violence since all the violence is against robots, so I had no idea going in that there would be that much action. I was hugely surprised by that element.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaun of the Dead for me. I feel like it's the one that shows the most love for the things it's parodying, and also has the best performances, and character growth.

I do like Hot Fuzz, as well, but find the slavish devotion to tying off throwaway gags tiring towards the end of the film. It's a pretty close race between those two, though.

I really didn't enjoy At World's End though. Can't really say why but it just didn't get me at all. I appreciated what they were trying to do by switching Pegg and Frost's roles, but I don't really think either of them were able to shine in them.

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot Fuzz with out a sweat

ShakeSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, they're all so good though! I would definitely rate Hot Fuzz and The World's End higher than Shaun of the Dead just in terms of them being better films, although that scene in SOTD where they're in the pub and Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" comes on is fucking brilliant. Edgar Wright is such an awesome filmmaker.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spoonman671

Wow, I was expecting Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead to be duking it out. Anyway, I voted for Hot Fuzz. It maintains the heart that made the first movie a success while managing to be a better put together story.

The World's End is okay.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I can't believe the results of this.

Don't get me wrong, Hot Fuzz is pretty great... but Shawn of the Dead is a classic movie.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's not an option for "I can't decide"

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to go for Hot Fuzz. Shaun of the Dead is a classic but I always forget that it ends up being really serious and sad for about 20 minutes at the end. Hot Fuzz is more of just a cool fun time. The World's End was good but I haven't felt the need to watch it since I saw it at the movies.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Undoubtedly Shaun of the Dead. Hot Fuzz was also great, but really only got really, really good in the last fifteen minutes. The World's End was a little too cynical and had tacked on supernatural zombie robots in what was basically a cut and dry dramedy up to that point. SotD was gold from beginning to finish.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Hot Fuzz without a doubt.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hot Fuzz for me is my favourite with the best gags, however it has horrid action editing IMO. Shaun of The Dead is the better film though.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nope it's too hard. I love them all.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The World's End was by far the funniest.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hot Fuzz just gets amazing. It starts slow, but then he recreates Point Break and it's beautiful.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Don't make me choooooooose...but I think I'd have to give the edge to World's End.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Hot Fuzz, by a mile.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Strife777

Hot Fuzz for sure. I was somewhat disappointed with The World's End. Not bad by any means, just not quite the "finale" I was hoping for. As for Shaun of the Dead, I watched part of it again not too long ago and it didn't age as well as I would've expected. Still a great movie though.

This is just making me think about how disappointed I was when it was announced that Edgar Wright was no longer directing Ant Man. It still looks like it will be fun, but man, can you imagine what that would've been?

Klarion18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Klarion18

Hard choice for me between Shuan of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but that last hour of Hot Fuzz is pretty incredible.

Never has a scene in a movie given me a stupid grin like this one:

Loading Video...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't really remember Hot Fuzz. I should watch it again this weekend.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It's a tie between Hot Fuzz and The World's End. Hot Fuzz is on the entire time, it lands every single joke and doesn't stop being a great time until the credits roll. The World's End, however, feels a bit less like a parody/satire and actually touched on a lot of really personal things with a surprisingly light touch.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Hot Fuzz just hits all the right notes for me, brilliant visual jokes, a decidedly loving parody of cop movies, everything that comes out of Danny's mouth "BUT HE'S NOT JUDGE JUDY AND EXECUTIONER". Everything is just really darn good until he drop kicks that old woman in the face, and then it goes to a whole new level. TEW is just a hair under, I've never been swerved that hard by a movie ending before.

I love all of them, but I only own Hot Fuzz and The World's End, I've never felt the urge to own Shaun.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I went with Shaun. It's just a classic. Even watching it the very first time, you get that feeling that you're watching something special. It starts out fairly light but by the end of the film, it's just grim and is a full on zombie movie by the end but it's just done so organically. I do really enjoy both HF and TWE but neither of them clicked with me the same way Shaun did. I do love the set up for HF though, it's bloody brilliant. Great twist with an amazing pay off. I need to go back and watch TWE really.

wackojackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wackojackman

I always thought Hot Fuzz got the most love out of the three. I love all three of them, but I think The World's End is the most debated. I think @the_nubster: makes a good point about how it is a much more personal story. That film came at a good time for me, I had just finished university and returned home to find myself in a similar situation to which that movie portrays. (Edit: In that my hometown was the same but different, not Gary King's situation) So I connected with that one maybe more than the majority. I'm glad to see The World's End get support here though.

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised so many liked The Worlds End. I didn't like the aliens or the fights, the humour was still decent though. I have a fondness for Shaun, but it's not as fully formed as Hot Fuzz.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

The World's End is my favorite, though all three films are amazing. It's probably my favorite movie trilogy. I would love to see them do another.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Shaun of the Dead

Still haven't seen Worlds End and I loved Hot Fuzz.

Great movies

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I haven't seen World's End, and I had no idea that it was apart of a supposed trilogy.

Out of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, definitely SotD. I remember liking Hot Fuzz, but SotD is brilliant.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaun of the Dead, but only barely. Hot Fuzz was fucking great, but I haven't seen World's End yet. Should get on that sometime.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I love all three, but Hot Fuzz is probably the best comedy I've ever seen.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are all wonderful in their own ways, but Hot Fuzz is my favorite. It made me want to live in a quaint English village like that, just sans all the murder and at least some of the mayhem.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rand0mZer00

They are all great films in their own genres, but I enjoyed Hot Fuzz more than Shaun or World's End.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaun of the Dead is great, Hot Fuzz is good, The World's End is bad.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's a tough choice for me (Shaun of the Dead vs Hot Fuzz)

...it's only when I think of all the movie quotes I use somewhat occasionally from Hot Fuzz does the choice become clear : ).

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After thinking about it, it's Hot Fuzz. I like that movie so much I bought it on HD-DVD.

As for making a full order, I don't think I can actually rank the other two as I've been flip-flopping the order of both films for the last five minutes.

DeepSpace9MM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I know my opinion seems to vary from most when it comes to this, but I think The World's End is up there with Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead is a distant third. Every time I revisit it I like it less and less. The World's End doesn't get enough love.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By damodar

Hot Fuzz is maybe my favourite comedy. It has an amazing quantity AND quality of jokes, it's completely relentless and there's basically nothing that doesn't work, the level it operates at through-out basically the entire movie is incredible. It's also nice to see a movie really put in a lot of work to set up jokes so that the pay off is that much more satisfying. That's nice to see in this age of not really setting up jokes. Or paying off jokes. Or having jokes... :(

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaun of the Dead is the best one I think. But Hot Fuzz is far more quotable.

You need another poll:

Point Break or Bad Boys II?

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Apparently I need to watch Hot Fuzz again. It's been about 8 years. I enjoyed it at the time, but it wasn't the revelation that Shaun of the Dead was for me.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@turboman said:

I can't believe the results of this.

Don't get me wrong, Hot Fuzz is pretty great... but Shawn of the Dead is a classic movie.

yeah i agree. hot fuzz is incredible, but shaun of the dead is just something else

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My order goes Shawn, Worlds, Hot Fuzz.

I rank Worlds over Hot Fuzz because of Simon Peggs character being someone I relate to (had a very similar friend to him) and I didn't realize it until the reveal of what's going on with him. Hot Fuzz is certainly funnier, but I think Worlds End has a better story.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really surprised at how much more popular HF is than SotD.