jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187
...and thank God!!!
This means we don't have to wait through 2 years of appeals and litigation bullshit to see this movie!  I, for one, am glad that they were able to reach a settlement rather than delaying this movie yet again.  After 20 years worth of trying to get this to the screen, we're two months away, guys!

Therefore, get your tickets reserved ASAP for March 6th, because it's going to be a HELL of a release day!
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheFreeMan

Excellent.

Just.....excellent.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Cant wait.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

I'm excited yet, I really hope on a dvd release they do the squid alternate ending, I still feel really pissed its not going to be present, but of course its the only movie I'm excited about this year so far.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By fr0br0

Good to see it's coming out, but I don't think it'll meet the expectations that everybody has for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Never heard of it.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24
Bellum said:
"Never heard of it."
You sure? You didn't see the Dark Knight in theaters? Well, you might remember or....you didn't see the Dark Knight in theaters. I don't know which one is worse.

This is great news. Glad I can finally watch it, I have been waiting since they announced it awhile ago to see it.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't go to theaters.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
pause422 said:
"I'm excited yet, I really hope on a dvd release they do the squid alternate ending, I still feel really pissed its not going to be present, but of course its the only movie I'm excited about this year so far."
The DVD release will, from what I've heard, have the following:
  • The Black Freighter animated portion cut back into the movie (as it stands right now, The Black Freighter is to be released as a companion DVD on March 6th)
  • The extended cut of the film, which should be somewhere around 4 and a half hours MINIMUM
  • Extensive behind-the-scenes looks at the film, as well as a history on the graphic novel and its importance in literature with Dave Gibbons (as, ya know...Alan Moore doesn't want anything to do with the movie)

And that's it.  I will say this:  with it being DVD, I don't see WHY Snyder couldn't just take the time to shoot an alternate ending for the DVD itself, just to appease us and say "sweet, giant squid".  Unfortunately, I don't see it happening...and as I've stated before, I understand the reasoning.  There are just some things that don't work on film.  I think it would've been fucking crazy and made me giggly as Hell to see it, but you've GOT to realize that this is a movie with a huge budget that Warners and now Fox needs to make some dough.  In turn, you've gotta change some things.