From Polygon Ban, to Giant Bomb Fan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By OGred

You didn't even get perma banned. They told why you were banned & said you were welcome back if you quit being an ass.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Giantbomb is the bottom of the barrel... where you come when you get banned from other sites.

Is this the way people think? Where do you go when you get banned from Giantbomb tho!?

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@handlas said:

Giantbomb is the bottom of the barrel... where you come when you get banned from other sites.

Is this the way people think? Where do you go when you get banned from Giantbomb tho!?

Loading Video...

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This may just be me, but I've always been under the impression that at least 70% of the Giantbomb userbase was made up of people banned from other video game sites.

The other 30% is 4chan.

Honestly I have no idea how the hell I ended up here. No idea in the slightest.

theQman121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By theQman121

@davidwitten22: I don't either. I wasn't ever on any other gaming forums, but here I am. I Never felt that a significant portion of the userbase had been banned elsewhere. A vocal minority, sure, but not the majority.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm a member at Polygon. Never commented, but some of the comments I've read over there have seemed entirely too harsh on the staff. Unless they have a paid structure, that I'm unaware of, I can't see a reason for some of the comments I'd seen because readers were unable to read the site on their tablet or iphone. Justin McElroy and Arthur Gies are over at Polygon and have always seemed like all right dudes to me, too.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dunno if ill get the last of us, having to plug in a console is annoying. Plus I got all these steam games. The Swapper, Gunpoint, Kentucky Route Zero Act 2. And other games also.

Anyway, if there's one thing giant bomb needs, its more die hard fans of a company that take offense at everything.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By X19

@lordxavierbritish said:

This may just be me, but I've always been under the impression that at least 70% of the Giantbomb userbase was made up of people banned from other video game sites.

The other 30% is 4chan.

lol I always wondered why no one ever made a "refugee" Giantbomb banner in the same vein as we have for date line threads.

No Caption Provided

Someone should make a refugee banner.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#159  Edited By cornbredx

It reads like you deserved it. So, no pity party here.

Welcome to Giantbomb though.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like you deserved it. The way Polygon operates is so weird in general though, what's up with a proper staff member actually taking the time to have lengthy conversations with random forumers =/

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By AthleticShark

@benny said:

@hellbound: I think you deserved the ban. If you can't trust a site's integrity, you should just move on and forget them because they're not of use to you any more when it comes to purchasing advice and by forgetting them entirely you're not giving them any more ad revenue (which I bet you inadvertently just have by making this blog post and linking to their site.)

I agree that the ni no kuni review seems low, but haven't played the last of us so can't say one way or the other.

Was this ment at me? I was never banned nor went to the site...?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 chaser324  Moderator

@ethanml: Yeah, proper staff staying up late to have a lengthy chat with a random member is a bit odd, but the GB staff also spend more time than most interacting with members. Jeff and Patrick both answer a surprising number of questions through Tumblr and their "Jar Time" videos, and Rorie does an excellent job of responding to support messages.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By TruthTellah

@benny said:

@hellbound: I think you deserved the ban. If you can't trust a site's integrity, you should just move on and forget them because they're not of use to you any more when it comes to purchasing advice and by forgetting them entirely you're not giving them any more ad revenue (which I bet you inadvertently just have by making this blog post and linking to their site.)

I agree that the ni no kuni review seems low, but haven't played the last of us so can't say one way or the other.

Was this ment at me? I was never banned nor went to the site...?

I think you deserved the ban, HellBound!! ヽ(#`Д´)ノ

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4outof5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By 4outof5
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#168  Edited By Daneian
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By laserbolts

Don't know why you would expect anyone to care enough about your ban from Polygon to read all that. Anyways it's really not that hard to avoid being banned from forums on the internet.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellbound: You're right, I posted that from the mobile site so it musta gotten all weird from that.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By WMWA

I love their content, and am indifferent to their biases or whatnot. I just want to say their moderators make their site look weak. The first comment on The Last Of Us review is their moderator essentially saying "hey read the review, dont get mad, this a person's opinion." Which is good advice, their review didnt make me upset or whatever. BUT that kind of off the bat bracing for response, pleading for people to be nice makes them look weak. Let it stand on it's own. Anyways, I like Polygon.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*in my Scorpion voice*

WELCOME!

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#174  Edited By Tackchevy

Just a heads up bro: if you put that crazy conspiracy theory shit through my internet tubes, I will unleash the banhammer. I mean, this site started as a kind of revolt against advertiser driven media, but it's legit now. No crazy talk about how the media may be portraying slanted opinions rather than just objective fact. GET THAT TRASH OFF MY EYEBALLS

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't think he's coming back.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

And this is how we keep the bad crazies away. Good work, everyone.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#177  Edited By TechHits

@hebrewhammer
Every story has two sides....

and even reading only your side it is pretty obvious you deserved the ban you got.

Pro tip: don't just post dumb meme images and harass the writing staff, that shit will get you banned.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#178  Edited By Jensonb

I'm pretty disappointed. I was hoping this was a Post about the (many) legitimate deficiencies with Polygon.com. Instead, it's a fanboy trying to claim his shit don't stink.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now we're at a point where if a game gets a high score people will yell. "THEY WERE OBVIOUSLY BOUGHT OUT!" and if a game gets a low score people will yell. "THEY WERE OBVIOUSLY BOUGHT OUT BY THE OTHER GUYS!"

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#180  Edited By csl316
winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#181  Edited By winsord

Phil usually grades things low. He did the Ni No Kuni review 20 points under average, the Last of Us review 21 points under average, sure. I don't think this proves an anti-Sony bias on Polygon's part, nor Phil's part. His Zeno Clash 2 review was under average, his Forza Horizon review was under average, his Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen review is 30 points under average. I disagree with many of his points in many of his reviews, but he's a decent writer and I don't think he's platform biased. I do think he has fairly narrow tastes and his reviews are a reflection of that, but that's a different issue. You should unravel the tinfoil hat for a moment and consider that somebody just doesn't like the same things as you, or the same things as most people; both intentional and unintentional contrarians do exist. Seems pretty unlikely Phil is just writing negative reviews for ad revenue and because he fears losing his job over liking The Last of Us.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#183  Edited By Video_Game_King

This is one of those Photoshops where the only proper response is to bow in glory.

Mofaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Mofaz

You deserved it, and the fact that you tried to use a video that attempted to discredit the review and score they gave a game just because it didn't match up with every other braindead reviewer's out there is even more damning.

No one cares about your conspiracies, maybe people would be more sympathetic if they banned you because you pointed out how racist or homophobic their reviews are, but they obviously weren't and you obviously didn't, so the only evidence we have is that you really disliked their The Last of Us review (which coincidentally, raised some good points about gameplay having nothing to do with narrative in most titles) and threw a bitch-fit (which you have repeatedly thrown before), and this time they considered you enough of a nuisance to eliminate you.

By the way, your voice wasn't "stripped" you got banned by an internet website, and obviously you're posting here, so nerds can still see your terrible opinions. Also, just as an aside, free speech, constitutionally, only refers to government censorship, it has nothing to do with you being an ignoramus on a privately owned website.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 chaser324  Moderator

@mofaz said:

Also, just as an aside, free speech, constitutionally, only refers to government censorship, it has nothing to do with you being an ignoramus on a privately owned website.

This is something that internet forum moderators end up having to point out a lot. Being allowed to post on a forum isn't a right. It's a privilege that the site owner can take away from you whenever they want. They don't even need a reason. Waiting until a user becomes a nuisance is just a courtesy.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, I think he's officially been deterred from using the forums here.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

OP is a bad person and i would down vote his wordpress page if i could.

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan:

Based on his Youtube channel, I think we might be better off without him. It's always comical when the people who scream "bias" the loudest are the ones who will go so far as to advertise their own.

@hebrewhammer

I just can't take someone seriously if they have a shrine to a platform, that's crazy person behaviour. I'm sorry, I guess I should specify ANY platform you might think I'm in the pocket of Nintendo or something.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#190  Edited By aurahack

Welcome to Giant Bomb!

That said, I'm glad to see the community here was immediate to point out that buddy, you kinda had that one coming. Being able to coherently and eloquently word your slightly irrational bias will not change your message of "I DISAGREE WITH THIS OPINION AND THEREFORE THE WRITERS ARE BONKERS".

So yeah, welcome to Giant Bomb but expect no love for that type of "discourse" here either. If you've got some hardcore console trolling to do, take that shit to GAF.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All video game forums are shit, but Giant bomb is somehow the least shittiest one so, welcome I guess.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#192  Edited By granderojo
Loading Video...

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#193  Edited By pandorasbox

I hope this doesn't come as a shock, but Giantbomb is going to ban you if you continuously flame others and act like a child. Giantbomb is not in Microsofts pocket.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was hilarious when I watched the Day 1 live show and in the chat somebody said " It's gotta be awkward for the Polygon employee to be sitting at the table with the Naughty Dog guy." I thought about it for a second and then looked at the username. Guess who it was.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By envane

yay another asshole gets banned from another website and comes here expecting open arms ..

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do hope you realise that Giantbomb is hardly the place for people who give a shit about review scores.

Giantbomb is a place for people who dig backflips, funky student, watching an expert and viper pils.

Either way, welcome duder.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

This is the best damn thing I've seen this week outside of John Drake double fisting diet cokes.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is the best damn thing I've seen this week outside of John Drake double fisting diet cokes.

Oh fuck me,

that's fantastic

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

welcome, but don't bring that weak-ass shit in here man.