Go Roll A Fatty In Washington/Colorado

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyway, I honestly thought that weed didnt have a bad effect on your body but then I learned that it converts protein into fat.  Completely ruined the mass gains I couldve gotten over the summer.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Goes to show how naive I am to think this topic was just 150 posts of Yea homie, live and let live.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#153  Edited By toowalrus

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@PillClinton said:

Youre not afroman!!!!!

Yeah, new account or what?

Nah I dont think so, Im pretty sure he got an IP ban.

I was wondering about this, too... but everyone loves Bob Ross, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TooWalrus said:

@PillClinton said:

Youre not afroman!!!!!

There was another user who had a picture of Bob Ross before Afro got banned.....  I forgot who he was.  
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By PillClinton

@TooWalrus said:

@PillClinton said:

Youre not afroman!!!!!

I don't know, you guys. I SMELL A CONSPIRACY. Same avatar, similar name as Afroman, right? (Can't exactly remember what it was.) Also, feel super creepy right now...

1momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By 1momosauky

To each his own and all that, if it does go legal tax the fuck out of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PillClinton said:

@TooWalrus said:

@PillClinton said:

Youre not afroman!!!!!

I don't know, you guys. I SMELL A CONSPIRACY. Same avatar, similar name as Afroman, right? (Can't exactly remember what it was.) Also, feel super creepy right now...

I wish you could see more pictures that were uploaded on Tested.  I dunno, its a pretty funny picture though so I could see another person with the same picture.  
FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By FierceDeity

I'm fine with legalization, but I do prefer workplaces where I know with a high degree of certainty that my colleagues aren't a bunch of potheads...

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By murisan

@OneManX: You make sense. Thank you. This is what I've been trying to say, but you said it first.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By murisan

@Hunter5024: I'm sorry, but you're just flat out wrong. Physical addiction is real. You can put all sorts of conditions on it, but it exists. The alcoholic that drinks a liter of vodka a day will die if he stops drinking alcohol completely. Same with people taking high doses of benzodiazepines. I'm not sure where YOU get your information, but I get mine from science. You might want to follow that route, because the nonsense you're spouting sounds like indoctrinated idiocy.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Weed is a disgusting habit. It smells like ass and it makes you stupid. But more power to the people and all that good stuff.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By murisan

@LikeaSsur said:

@murisan said:

@Dagbiker said:

@LikeaSsur

@murisan said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Cool that the pre existing stoners can indulge in their habit without fear of prosecution, but weeds shitty in enough subtle ways that it can ruin your life without letting you know it's doing it, and I seriously hope legalizing it doesn't draw more people into the hobby.

lolwut? Guess what else is shitty in subtle ways? Beer. Liquor. Wine. Cigarettes. And they're shitty in NOT so subtle ways, too. Not sure where you've attained your perception of marijuana, but I'm sorry you think it can ruin a life.

Any drug can ruin your life, stop putting marijuana on the "IT'S NOT AS BAD AS EVIL ALCOHOL" pedestal.

Yah. Any drug is dangerous and will have consequences. That's why they usually only let doctors prescribe them.

Except, you know... Tylenol... which has more consequences ranging from liver damage to death every year than the entirety of the United States' marijuana users combined over the history of the nation.

Oh, are you referring to the poisoned Tylenol that killed people? Or were you going to compare drug abusers vs. responsible potheads?

Real fair comparison.

I'm talking about straight acetaminophen. The kind that if you take ten pills of extra strength tylenol in one day will cause liver damage. Yeah, it will. God damn, the number of people in this topic that are just completely uneducated about basic OTC drugs and their effects (and prescription drugs as well.. some kid tried to argue no drug is physically addictive?!) is ridiculous.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#163  Edited By Hunter5024

@PillClinton said:

@Hunter5024: Yeah, I read it. You're arguing semantics. Physical dependence, which could also be called a physical addiction, is a real thing, no matter how you label it. And that doesn't disprove my point anyway. Marijuana does not create a physical dependence--only psychological. I'm not at all claiming that means it has no negative effects, though; it has the potential to do so. Now, you might have already answered this (I haven't read all your posts, admittedly), but do you have any personal experience with marijuana use from which to draw conclusions? Or are you just judging from your armchair?

I don't smoke personally but my best friend (and his whole family), and everyone in my family but my mom have regularly used marijuana every day at some point in their life. My dad quit and he's a drug counselor now, and I helped him a lot with studying for his degree. Also its a chemical fact that marijuana gives withdrawal symptoms once it's removed from your system, so you can't argue that. Yes, almost every other drug is worse, and that seem's to be the only argument anyone in this thread can mount against me, but that doesn't mean marijuana isn't fucking shitty. The point I'm trying to make is that people arguing that Marijuana is somehow not a harmful drug simply because it has more mild withdrawal symptoms, know nothing about addiction.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By George_Hukas

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Weed is a disgusting habit. It smells like ass and it makes you stupid. But more power to the people and all that good stuff.

This is how I feel, except about video games.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#165  Edited By jakob187

@Atlas said:

WARNING: British person about to talk about American society and politics...

It kinda seems like a silly idea, legalising it on a state level. Doesn't this just mean that Colorado and Washington are going to be inundated with potheads and undesirables - the very worst elements of 420 culture. If you're going to make a change, it makes more sense to me to do it on a national level. I understand that the complex nature of American state politics makes this unrealistic, but still, isn't there a way it could work as a national initiative?

Anyway, in principal I feel about marijuana is pretty much the same way I feel about other narcotics and prostitution. I do not take drugs, and I have zero love of drug culture, but in free countries in which we allow people to intoxicate and kill themselves with tobacco and alcohol, why not also legalise marijuana, which some studies suggest is less harmful than booze and cigarettes and even has positive medicinal purposes? The US government spends an absurd amount of money on the war against drugs, money which could be spent on education, healthcare, social programs, and balancing the budget if it was legalised, regulated and controlled by the state. As for prostitution, wouldn't legalising and controlling the industry mean it would be less corrupted by human trafficking and other human rights abuses? At least prostitution is mostly harmless for those who choose to indulge in it, except for the possibility of contracting an STD.

These things need to be handled at the state level in order to set precedent for the federal level. Moreover, it is not the federal government's job to control something like that in the first place. The idea behind the Constitution is LIMITED FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and letting the States handle things like this. The federal government laid out the narcotics laws as a form of control over the peoples' freedoms, and that's not the way it should be. It is something that SHOULD be decided at the state level. Moreover, these two states doing what they've done can be incredibly helpful, as they are two states far away from what the federal government could expect.

Moreover, the federal government cannot simply say "oh, no, you can't do that". The state and its people have passed it. The state representatives have to respect that decision. Otherwise, it would be a massive turnaround that could lead to a lot of big doubt in the federal government and its honest necessity in this country. This means that the federal government will have the right to increase the presence of federal agents in the states as well as pull federal funding if they wish to do so on many different programs.

I feel the same as you, but in a much bigger respect: I think it should all be decriminalized and legalized. As it stands, the States sells GMO food, nicotine, and alcohol legally. Those are three massive killers, and yet they want to complain about how drugs are killers? The precedent has already been set on a global level by Portugal, who decriminalized long ago, and their whole plan has been massively successful in job creation and reduction of people participating in recreational drug use overall. It's astonishing evidence that this whole "war on drugs" is nothing more than a Puritanical approach by the federal government to continue fueling gun sales across the border and on a global scale...amongst other things

EVEN WITH ALL THIS, it can take up to a year before they figure out how to regulate it (age restriction) as well as figure out how to sell it (since this also means that they will be able to distribute and sell marijuana, as well as cultivate it...leading to more job creation).

The governor of Colorado is pissed about it, but whatever.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By murisan

@Hunter5024: LOL it's NOT a chemical "fact" that it gives withdrawal symptoms! That is NOT A FACT. Give me a source. one source. Just one reputable scientific source. You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO. Fuck, you sound like a 16 year old who grew up in a family that has an addictive personality running through it and had bad luck with psychological addiction to pot. Get out in the world.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@George_Hukas said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

........ Why do your video games smell like ass? O__o

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#168  Edited By Animasta

@Hunter5024 said:

@PillClinton said:

@Hunter5024: Yeah, I read it. You're arguing semantics. Physical dependence, which could also be called a physical addiction, is a real thing, no matter how you label it. And that doesn't disprove my point anyway. Marijuana does not create a physical dependence--only psychological. I'm not at all claiming that means it has no negative effects, though; it has the potential to do so. Now, you might have already answered this (I haven't read all your posts, admittedly), but do you have any personal experience with marijuana use from which to draw conclusions? Or are you just judging from your armchair?

I don't smoke personally but my best friend (and his whole family), and everyone in my family but my mom have regularly used marijuana every day at some point in their life. My dad quit and he's a drug counselor now, and I helped him a lot with studying for his degree. Also its a chemical fact that marijuana gives withdrawal symptoms once it's removed from your system, so you can't argue that. Yes, almost every other drug is worse, and that seem's to be the only argument anyone in this thread can mount against me, but that doesn't mean marijuana isn't fucking shitty. The point I'm trying to make is that people arguing that Marijuana is somehow not a harmful drug simply because it has more mild withdrawal symptoms, know nothing about addiction.

so are you arguing against legalizing it? because either you ARE for it, which means you are arguing for the sake of arguing and you should probably stop now, or you are arguing against it and have not touched on banning cigs and alcohol.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By murisan

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@George_Hukas said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

........ Why are you doing that to your video games?

Reading comprehension exercise. You said "Weed is a disgusting habit." George_Hukas said he feels the same, except about videogames. PROTIP: replace the noun!

"Videogaming is a disgusting habit. It smells like ass and it makes you stupid."

Also, weed does not make you stupid. Stupidity makes you stupid. Lacking reading comprehension makes you stupid. Generalizing without basis and assuming makes you seem stupid.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Hunter5024

@murisan I know what I'm talking about better than almost anyone in this thread, based on experience, study of behavioural health and how it pertains to addiction, and study of chemicals affects on the brain with my dad who has lived on both sides of the argument. I'm sure you've found any number of pro pot websites that were willing to tell you whatever lies or misconceptions that they could think of in order to justify your hobby, but the third thing that comes up on google after you type in physical addiction is this article explaining how that's not a real thing. Also Marijuana withdrawal is listed in the DSM-V, I would be seriously surprised if you knew what the hell that was, so here you go. But hey, feel free to remain closed off to actual facts because they tell you things you don't like to hear, I bet you'll end up as a really educated person that way. That was sarcasm by the way, you sound like an idiot.

@Animasta: Like I said in my first post, I'm glad that people won't be arrested for it, but I hope it doesn't bring anybody new into the hobby. He's the one who turned it into an argument, and yes I should probably shut up, but not when he's getting insulting and calling my sources into question when I happen to have science on my side. (To be clear I was talking about the other guy. Pill Clinton's fine.)

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By murisan

@Hunter5024: Alright you little prick, you go on believing YOUR misconceptions thanks to your daddy's profession and your vast knowledge of the DSM. I know very well what the DSM is as I actually take prescription medications that ARE physically addictive for chronic depression and anxiety. I'm not looking at pro-pot websites, I'm looking at independent studies. Your primary source of information is your personal experiences, and your secondary is PsychologyToday.com. Just NO. Do you even know what a peer-reviewed scientific study IS? My money's on a big fat NO.

Grow up, step outside your little bubble of family that obviously has an issue with addictive personality, and maybe YOU'LL be able to get educated. Until then, keep your head up your ass (and your family's) and keep spouting ridiculous baseless bullshit. I'm done with you, kid.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Animasta

@Hunter5024: why shouldn't it bring people new to the hobby? plenty of people are able to take weed and be fine, and if there are people that aren't likely they are addicted to something far more dangerous anyway (such as cigs or alcohol)

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@murisan said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@George_Hukas said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

........ Why are you doing that to your video games?

Reading comprehension exercise. You said "Weed is a disgusting habit." George_Hukas said he feels the same, except about videogames. PROTIP: replace the noun!

"Videogaming is a disgusting habit. It smells like ass and it makes you stupid."

Also, weed does not make you stupid. Stupidity makes you stupid. Lacking reading comprehension makes you stupid. Generalizing without basis and assuming makes you seem stupid.

heh.. really? Who are you and what makes you so important that I need to go out of my way to make sure your fancy gets tickled when it comes to grammar or reading comprehension? I don't know you or care enough about you to go out of my way to make sure your reading experience is that of high standard. Diz is mah fun tim3 broskiiiii. If yuuu don' like it chere, I sugges' ya getz offa da wrldwidwbz and fin a job, you.

Anyways, excessive smoking does make you dumber. I have seen this multiple times and have experienced it myself. (smoked since 6th grade, stopped last year). The occasional puff puff is not bad, but just like everything else in the world too much of something can be bad for you. I also think it smells like ass. Does it literally smell exactly like ass? I can't say because I do not have every single human being's sense of smell and I have not smelt all the asses, but when I say it smells like ass please assume people that I (me, myself and I) think it smells like ass.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Devil240Z

@murisan said:

@ck1nd said:

@murisan: I'll never understand the mentality that "they're doing it, why can't we!" Sounds like a child's argument. I don't drink, smoke, commit adultery, so trust me that people are out there that are just understanding this is inevitable. Not embracing it like it's some sort of God-send.

Huh? That wasn't my argument. My argument is that marijuana is not physically addictive, is not physically harmful, and does not cause people to do foolish things. In other words, I think it's a far safer intoxicant than alcohol.

I don't even really understand what you just said. Totally irrelevant, actually.

Alcohol doesn't force you to do foolish things. I'm drunk right now and the most foolish thing Ive done is respond to your dumb ass.

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By FierceDeity

@jakob187 said:

These things need to be handled at the state level in order to set precedent for the federal level. Moreover, it is not the federal government's job to control something like that in the first place. The idea behind the Constitution is LIMITED FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and letting the States handle things like this. The federal government laid out the narcotics laws as a form of control over the peoples' freedoms, and that's not the way it should be. It is something that SHOULD be decided at the state level. Moreover, these two states doing what they've done can be incredibly helpful, as they are two states far away from what the federal government could expect.

Moreover, the federal government cannot simply say "oh, no, you can't do that". The state and its people have passed it. The state representatives have to respect that decision. Otherwise, it would be a massive turnaround that could lead to a lot of big doubt in the federal government and its honest necessity in this country. This means that the federal government will have the right to increase the presence of federal agents in the states as well as pull federal funding if they wish to do so on many different programs.

I feel the same as you, but in a much bigger respect: I think it should all be decriminalized and legalized. As it stands, the States sells GMO food, nicotine, and alcohol legally. Those are three massive killers, and yet they want to complain about how drugs are killers? The precedent has already been set on a global level by Portugal, who decriminalized long ago, and their whole plan has been massively successful in job creation and reduction of people participating in recreational drug use overall. It's astonishing evidence that this whole "war on drugs" is nothing more than a Puritanical approach by the federal government to continue fueling gun sales across the border and on a global scale...amongst other things

EVEN WITH ALL THIS, it can take up to a year before they figure out how to regulate it (age restriction) as well as figure out how to sell it (since this also means that they will be able to distribute and sell marijuana, as well as cultivate it...leading to more job creation).

The governor of Colorado is pissed about it, but whatever.

Look, it's all cool if you don't like the idea of eating genetically modified food, but you can't just say stuff like that without backing. Name me one person who died from eating GM food.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Devil240Z

@JasonR86 said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Atlas if you think that Washington or Colorado isn't already full of undesirables then you are misinformed.

I know right? Just look at me.

Its not that its legal now that bothers me, its the people who are into it being legal. Fucking hipsters and greeners.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Hunter5024

@murisan: So you claim that these "independent studies" are so much more valid sources of research, but I don't see you posting any links. You can belittle me in order to devalue my opinion all day long, but I'm the only one showing any proof. Physical dependence, and psychological addiction are two distinct things for a reason, it's to curb the giant misconceptions that people like you are claiming. Psychology today isn't good enough to make a distinction between the two for you? Fine, heres 3 more sources: LinkLinkLink.

@Animasta: Why would we want more people on Weed?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By murisan

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Your issue is that you began in 6th grade! There you go! Problem SOLVED! There's a reason they're placing an age restriction at 21; marijuana HAS been shown to cause issues with development in people under the age of 21 (or 23, depending on the study).

Oh my.. so many misinformed children in this thread.. tsk.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Animasta

@Hunter5024: well why do we want people on alcohol and cigs? because they are able to be sold in the free market and they are taxed. same thing will happen with weed.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By PillClinton

@Devil240Z said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Atlas if you think that Washington or Colorado isn't already full of undesirables then you are misinformed.

Its not that its legal now that bothers me, its the people who are into it being legal. Fucking hipsters and greeners.

You obviously don't know many marijuana proponents. Even most hardcore, religious fundamentalist Libertarians want it legal, because even they don't believe the government should be able to tell you what you can or can't do with your own body (well, in some ways, at least). Economists, even, recognize the fact that weed is one of California's biggest cash crops, but because it's not legal and regulated, it remains untaxed and the government sees zero revenue from it. Also, what's wrong with 'greeners' exactly? They want clean air and a reliable, unlimited fuel source the future of humanity can depend on?

@Devil240Z said:

@murisan said:

@ck1nd said:

@murisan: I'll never understand the mentality that "they're doing it, why can't we!" Sounds like a child's argument. I don't drink, smoke, commit adultery, so trust me that people are out there that are just understanding this is inevitable. Not embracing it like it's some sort of God-send.

Huh? That wasn't my argument. My argument is that marijuana is not physically addictive, is not physically harmful, and does not cause people to do foolish things. In other words, I think it's a far safer intoxicant than alcohol.

I don't even really understand what you just said. Totally irrelevant, actually.

Alcohol doesn't force you to do foolish things. I'm drunk right now and the most foolish thing Ive done is respond to your dumb ass.

Really? Why is drunk driving one of the biggest causes of death in the US then?

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By PillClinton

Some people in here are so insular and inexperienced. You don't even need hard facts, backed up by scientific studies, people! Just go experience it for yourself and learn a thing or two about the world outside your own bubble. I'm not trying to be offensive--everyone has a bubble, but it's one's responsibility to venture outside of it and learn the truth about what's been unfairly demonized in your upbringing and comfortable culture you were raised in. Not everything your parents said is true, or even good, regardless of whether or not their intentions were pure.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Hunter5024

@Animasta: Sure, it's great for the economy, but I'm not convinced that it's worth the risk of exposing it to people who wouldn't smoke it otherwise, if that means some of them end up being the type who can't use it responsibly. Not that I think stoners should be criminals either, it should be legal based on principal, I'm just not a fan of what that entails.

@PillClinton: My parent's said weed was awesome when I was growing up, what am I supposed to think?

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By PillClinton

@Hunter5024: Honestly? Just try it for yourself. That's literally the only way you can know the real truth.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Hunter5024

@PillClinton: At the risk of sounding like a rationalist I don't need to shoot myself in the head to know that it will kill me, and I don't need to smoke weed to know what effect that will have on me either. I bet smoking weed is pretty fucking awesome, and I bet there's plenty of reasons to ignore it's negative aspects, but there are some things you can only learn from the outside looking in, and I know that I'm not any less happy with my life than people who do smoke, and I have trouble believing anybody else would be either.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By murisan

@PillClinton: I'm not sure that's a wise decision seeing as how it's blatantly obvious all of his information comes from family that had addictive personalities and allowed marijuana to consume them (that's what I'm gathering from his fear of the plant).

Let the kid live in blissful ignorance. If he's never tried it, he's not missing anything.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#186  Edited By ch3burashka

Also, it's still reserved to private use only, so that's not that big of a win.

I'd love to see America become the Science Nation, where every state is host to a separate experimental trial of all similar Props or amendments. Rather than having politicians telling me what's good for me and what I want, give me some straight facts regarding health and crime and etc. so that we can stop wasting time and start getting shit done.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Devil240Z

@PillClinton said:

@Devil240Z said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Dagbiker said:

You obviously don't know many marijuana proponents. Even most hardcore, religious fundamentalist Libertarians want it legal, because even they don't believe the government should be able to tell you what you can or can't do with your own body (well, in some ways, at least). Economists, even, recognize the fact that weed is one of California's biggest cash crops, but because it's not legal and regulated, it remains untaxed and the government sees zero revenue from it. Also, what's wrong with 'greeners' exactly? They want clean air and a reliable, unlimited fuel source the future of humanity can depend on?

@Devil240Z said:

@murisan said:

@ck1nd said:

Really? Why is drunk driving one of the biggest causes of death in the US then?

You must not have understood the first thing. I have to live here man. I didn't say weed was bad. In fact I believe that its pretty great.

and people who drive drunk are stupid.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By PillClinton

@Hunter5024: Fair enough, but marijuana use is not and never will be analogous to killing yourself, it's one of the most harmless stigmatized things in our culture after sex and homosexuality, it's a shame you won't even give something that will likely be completely legal in this country in your lifetime a fair shake by just granting it some personal experience, and lastly, your opinion on this matter appears to be informed by some conflicting views and anecdotes from various sources. So, while avoiding it completely is your prerogative, some actual first-hand experience with something you claim to know so much about could prove informative.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Hunter5024

@murisan: Fear of the plant? Yes it gives me nightmares where I wake up shaking, softly whispering to myself, "You're sober Hunter5024, you're sober." If anyone could use a broader perspective it's you, considering the only method you've had for disproving my points was to ignore them or shout about how wrong I am rather than backing it up with research, you've obviously never even considered any truth in the other side of the argument.

@PillClinton: To be clear I wasn't trying to equate being a pothead to being suicidal, that was just the first thing I thought of that served as an example for how you can know something without experiencing it yourself. I'm happy with my experience on the matter, whether it seems conflicting to you or not, I think I've gotten a fair demonstration of both sides from a lot of sources. Thanks for arguing civilly by the way.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By monetarydread

@Dagbiker said:

I don't have an argument, I don't have an opinion, I wanted someone to give me a good argument as to why I should want to legalize marijuana, but then everyone jumped on me. Thank you.

The issue is not one of fairness, its one of freedom. This is my body and I should be able to partake in my hobby, that harms no-one but myself, without the federal government knocking down my door and sending me to prison for a decade. It was made illegal despite the fact that there was zero scientific claims of social or personal harm (seriously look up the effects of eating 10 raw potatoes then look at how much weed you have to eat to hurt you, or how William Randolph Hurst strong armed the government into making cannabis illegal so he could protect his monopoly ). Research shows that smoking cannabis is safer than drinking, and you don't have to smoke the plant to get intoxicated. Just the act of decriminalization (giving out a fine instead of sending them to prison) would save almost 3 billion a year nationally.

These are all good reasons (I personally feel that the personal freedom argument should be all that needs to be argued), but the most important issues are those of regulation. Right now anybody can grow weed and sell it to whomever they want. There is just too much out there for law enforcement to really do anything about it. So legalization allows the government to step in and guide the industry in a manner that is safe for the end user; make no mistake about it, people will smoke whether its legal or not.

Examples of why regulation of cannabis is a good thing:

1. If cannabis isn't flushed of fertilizers the plant becomes more harmful to consume, the flushing is easy to do and placing regulations on the growers will prevent this safety hazard from being ignored.

2. If you don't dry the plant properly the plant can become infested with micotoxins (byproduct of a fungal infection and is the main reason why corn is considered to be so bad for you) and dealers probably don't understand how to check for that but even if they do they usually sell it anyways. Regulation will prevent that.

3. It was always easier to get pot as a child than alcohol because we didn't have to ask someone to boot for us. If cannabis is cheap enough to buy, why would you grow it yourself? So this in turn puts up a barrier to entry for children, not that it is much of a barrier, but this form of regulation makes things more inconvenient for youth than things are now.

4. Taxing the sales provides income that can be put towards education of a citizenship that might deter youth from starting up a nasty habit, or it can help pay for rehabilitation for those that can't handle their shit.

5. It deregulates the research side of things so scientists won't have as much red-tape to circumnavigate when it comes to investigating the effects of the drug.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By murisan

@Hunter5024: Hahaha.. alrighty. Whatever you say. You're the one with all the first-hand experience, yet you've never touched the stuff. I can't even be mad anymore; you're hilarious.

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By DopeToast

This is a step in the right direction. It should be a state issue anyway.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#193  Edited By Skald

I don't smoke or live in the United States, but hey, good news.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#194  Edited By fobwashed

@MonetaryDread said:

@Dagbiker said:

I don't have an argument, I don't have an opinion, I wanted someone to give me a good argument as to why I should want to legalize marijuana, but then everyone jumped on me. Thank you.

3. It was always easier to get pot as a child than alcohol because we didn't have to ask someone to boot for us. If cannabis is cheap enough to buy, why would you grow it yourself? So this in turn puts up a barrier to entry for children, not that it is much of a barrier, but this form of regulation makes things more inconvenient for youth than things are now.

I can vouch for this. I remember it used to be way harder to get any sort of booze than it was to buy some weed. Especially in high school and college, there are always some people or group of people you can tell smoke pot and they're not afraid to share their hook up because they feel they're doing the dealer a favor and you're at an age where it's impossible for you to be a cop. Funny thing is, now that I'm older, I don't think I could hook up if I tried. I have no clue who to ask and it'd just be weird to ask some teenagers. Role reversal. I agree that legalizing the stuff would in fact make it much more difficult for younger kids to get a hold of pot if only due to the fact that illicit dealers would decline due to the product being widely available and most likely cheaper in stores. Unless they deal exclusively to underage kids =P

On a side note, unrelated to any and all of this, I'm moving to the Seattle area at the end of the month. I guess I'll be able to see first hand how this all pans out.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@murisan said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Your issue is that you began in 6th grade! There you go! Problem SOLVED! There's a reason they're placing an age restriction at 21; marijuana HAS been shown to cause issues with development in people under the age of 21 (or 23, depending on the study).

Oh my.. so many misinformed children in this thread.. tsk.

Please provide links of these studies if you're going to use them here. Also, if you can refrain from talking like a total ass that would peachy as well.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#196  Edited By Little_Socrates

Just count on this one thing; I'll always be living in a no-use apartment complex or home. I can't stand overexposure to that smell. For a few hours, or even a few days spent at a music festival, fine, but living in the smell of weed is too obnoxious for me to tolerate.

Honestly, would not be surprised if pro-use residences devalue themselves with said policy.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#197  Edited By Dagbiker
@Franstone that wasn't the goal of prohibition. Also the Harding administration was carp as it was.
Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#198  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

How isn't it legal yet, so much cash could be generated off the tax on marijuana. Better the govt. getting that money than gangs.@matti00 said:

This guy cares about politics.

Well being able to smoke some herb without being sent to jail is politics, for your information.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By envane

Nothing bad can come of this

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#200  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@Franstone said:

We should grow it and tax it and stop spending billions in fighting a war that will never be won.

Awesome sentence, I agree that's what the US should do already