Has a shipping error ever resulted in free stuff?

• 59 results
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

So I bought a 4GB 360 online because it was on sale and I've always wanted to check out a couple games that have never come out on PC or PS3. So the UPS guy comes to my house with a big ass box saying,"Watch out dude this is heavy." At first I was like yeah whatever but the box was pretty heavy. I take it upstairs, open it up and see there is a huge green and white box in the package. As I look closely though I see it's not one box but two... Basically I got a free 4GB 360!!!! I make sure I was only charged for one 360 and I was so now I'm super pumped because I can sell it and basically cover the cost of the original I bought.

Has anyone else had shipping errors in the vain of this one?

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By Little_Socrates

Never, no.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mwng

I find my stuff goes missing much more than I get free stuff.

Plus I imagine the company may get upset and charge you when they realize their mistake. Either way, enjoy system linking with yourself!

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red

I canceled my pre-order for Mass Effect 2 for some reason I can't remember, but EA's online store is so awful they sent me the copy anyways, but I was not charged.

Joeku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Joeku

I got shipped two Lincoln Force t-shirts. They were different sizes but both fit pretty well.

Not sure why.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat

I've gotten quite a few things from here due to errors in shipping. Also Cards Against Humanity.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Scrawnto

I got two webcams when I ordered one off Amazon a while back. The extra is still sitting in a box somewhere, since I don't really have a use for it and I can't be arsed to sell and ship it.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Trilogy

I bought a 360 controller a while back from amazon. They shipped me two of them but I was only charged for one.

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Bear

I've received double my order from two different companies within the same month; it was bizarre.

First was from amazon.ca, so I ended up with Deathsmiles LE x2, Ys Seven LE x2, and Metroid Prime: Other M x2. Second was from hospitalrecords.com, in which I got my 5 CD order x2.

Nothing similar has happened since then, however.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akyho

I bought from a fantasy Magazine once, we bought a huge amount of stuff and planned to pay for time...that failed. We still owe them 15 years later. However we got 2 huge boxes.

Both of the same order, a duplication of every item. We were never charged for the second box and overall we stole alot of stuff realy.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dooscent

Ordered a monitor from TigerDirect, which normally has next-day delivery. After a week with it not showing up, I called and they sent another, which actually did arrive the next day.

Four days after, I got the original. Merry christmas, dad.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Yes. But it wasn't something good. I ordered a movie from Amazon waaaay back when, and the movie that shipped to me was The Majestic. You know, that Jim Carrey movie nobody remembers. They never charged me for the movie I ordered OR the movie I got. So hey, free crappy Jim Carrey movie.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaLe

Yes. I ended up with 2 vacuum cleaners and Amazon were none the wiser.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RE_Player1

@rebgav said:

@msavo said:

Basically I got a free 4GB 360!!!! I make sure I was only charged for one 360 and I was so now I'm super pumped because I can sell it and basically cover the cost of the original I bought.

I would have contacted the seller and informed them of their mistake rather than assuming that I could keep their stuff.

I'm not talking about an individual seller but more like a company in the vain of Best Buy.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#15  Edited By isomeri

An Amazon package containing a pair of speakers and a few Blu-ray films got lost in the mail. After I complained to Amazon they sent me a new batch of products. A few weeks later I suddenly received both packages.

Erk_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Erk_Forever

Last Christmas, I ordered one laptop and got two. The second one wasn't even on the shipping order.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By nintendoeats

My parents once ordered a box of stuff from Thinkgeek and received it twice. Of course it all broke almost immediately, so that's for the best.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SexyToad

Can I have it?

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By zaccheus

@msavo said:

@rebgav said:

@msavo said:

Basically I got a free 4GB 360!!!! I make sure I was only charged for one 360 and I was so now I'm super pumped because I can sell it and basically cover the cost of the original I bought.

I would have contacted the seller and informed them of their mistake rather than assuming that I could keep their stuff.

I'm not talking about an individual seller but more like a company in the vain of Best Buy.

Yeah I would inform the seller also. It was their mistake, but if someone drops a wallet I'm not going to take that either even thought it's his/her mistake. Company or not I feel like it's my moral obligation. A bigger company probably doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting it back anyway, but it's the principle of honesty... Maybe it's just me.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By alternate

If the box contained no xboxs you would be screaming bloody murder, some warehouse kid is likely to have some explaining to do come inventory time, just saying.

Hold on to it a month or so, I don't know your local laws but usually if a company sends unordered items and doesn't reclaim them after a month - it is yours to keep.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hitchenson

@rebgav said:

@msavo said:

@rebgav said:

@msavo said:

That's what I thought you meant. I'm sure they'd send you shipping labels to send back the $300 product you received by mistake.

Forget that jazz, enjoy your free stuff.

The only time I've accidently received any form of "double" with an online order is when I got double charged for Battlefield 3 on Origin.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By NMC2008

I got a free copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom on the account of it showing up 3 weeks late from Gamefly, they refunded me my money as we both thought it was lost in the mail. then weeks later the game just shows up, I told them about it and they said it was ok, that's it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mosespippy

When my replacement Macbook Pro battery took more than 30 days to arrive they sent me another one. Eventually both arrived. Due to the difference in cost between shipping it back to them and the insurance value of the second battery it made more financial sense to let me keep the battery and put in a claim for the insurance.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MideonNViscera

When I was a kid I got 10 CDs for a penny like 5 times because I kept using a different name to the same address between 2 or 3 of those CD clubs haha That wasn't a shipping error at all, but it's the only thing I ever got for free in the mail.

One of them did eventually try to come after me but it turned out they shouldn't have been doing business with a kid in the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A copy of 300 on DVD was shipped to me by mistake once. Thankfully none of my orders have ever gotten lost.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By TheHT

I got two giant bomb throwback tees when I only ordered one. And I'll never send it back! Muahahahahaha!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RE_Player1

@Zaccheus: That's where you and I differ. When it's a company I feel zero obligation to correct their mistake. If it's an individual than yes I would not take anything from them and go through the proper channels. My job this summer was at an amusement park as a games person and I have lost count of how many times someone has left their wallet, phone, camera etc. while playing a game and than leaving. I could have easily taken the items but instead I turn it in or go the extra mile to try and find the individual while on break.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By wrecks

Karma. It will all balance out. Watch your ass.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By JJWeatherman

You know, the "right" thing to do would be to send the other 360 back, but of course it's your decision.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RE_Player1

@wrecks said:

I feel like I was so nice this summer to so many people that did not deserve it that this is karma balancing out.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#32  Edited By pyromagnestir

This has never happened to me as far as I can recall, but if it did and the item was a small and relatively inexpensive item I'd keep it, however in this case I agree with these guys:

@Zaccheus said:

@msavo said:

@rebgav said:

@msavo said:

Yeah I would inform the seller also. It was their mistake, but if someone drops a wallet I'm not going to take that either even thought it's his/her mistake. Company or not I feel like it's my moral obligation. A bigger company probably doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting it back anyway, but it's the principle of honesty... Maybe it's just me.

Maybe they'll give you some free credit or something like that in return. Or maybe they won't, but still I'd contact them about the mistake if I was you.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vexxan

@Joeku said:

I got shipped two Lincoln Force t-shirts. They were different sizes but both fit pretty well.

Not sure why.

I received two Lincoln shirt as well, both of the same size. I also got the wrong size on two other t-shirts I ordered from the GB store and I got to keep them and later they sent me two of the correct size.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iam3green

no, never had any shipping errors.

one time i ordered a skateboard deck and a bunch of stickers from a website. i think i ordered like 10 and i ended up getting like 20 of them. a friend also ordered from the same company and the same thing happened. i kind of think that they did that just to be nice about it.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I'm calling bullshit, people. You all would have kept the free Xbox 360, and you know it.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#36  Edited By DarthOrange

I ordered Marvel vs Capcom 3 from the Capcom website and ended up getting it like three or four days after the release date. I did not complain, but Capcom sent me an apology and a free Marvel vs Capcom 3 guide. The damn thing is massive.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bwast

When I bought my computer in June it came with an extra keyboard. I pre-ordered Warhammer Online and Age of Conan and I got 2 copies of each.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JaredA

I bought an Xbox 360 slim and some games for my sisters wedding present, and there was a copy of Flight Simulator X inside when the package came ...

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pompouspizza

I once ordered a copy of the movie Hot tub time machine, was sent 2 but only paid for one.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By audiosnow

@msavo said:

So I bought a 4GB 360 online because it was on sale and I've always wanted to check out a couple games that have never come out on PC or PS3. So the UPS guy comes to my house with a big ass box saying,"Watch out dude this is heavy." At first I was like yeah whatever but the box was pretty heavy. I take it upstairs, open it up and see there is a huge green and white box in the package. As I look closely though I see it's not one box but two... Basically I got a free 4GB 360!!!! I make sure I was only charged for one 360 and I was so now I'm super pumped because I can sell it and basically cover the cost of the original I bought.

Has anyone else had shipping errors in the vain of this one?

Return it. It's the adult thing to do.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

No but I've been able to get free 1 day shipping on quite a few things. 

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By butano

Funny enough, only from the Whiskey Media folks. I got 3 of those Gary Whitta shirts (2 purple, 1 brown hair) and 2 Tested posters b/c of a mixup when I wasn't shipped the GB Hoodie (which eventually showed up). I also received someone else's order for a small Lincoln Force tee. Looking forward to renewing my membership to see what other stuff I get from them :D

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Enigma777

Multiple times. Got a free copies of Space Marine and Disgaea 3 that way. And some exercise equipment (I actually got 2 sets of those delivered but had the UPS guy take one back).

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheHumanDove

Impossibru.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By YoThatLimp

@Red said:

I canceled my pre-order for Mass Effect 2 for some reason I can't remember, but EA's online store is so awful they sent me the copy anyways, but I was not charged.

That happened with me and Mass Effect 3 and Origin

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By huntad

@wrecks said:

Yeah, I'd be very careful if I were you.

phrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By phrosen

I once bought "The Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg on HDDVD used from the amazon marketplace and when I opened it up, there were two movies in there - The Shooter & Tokyo Drift. I was totally ok with that.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TyCobb

Think Geek has such horrible shipping/packaging practices that the boxes always come damaged when shipped to my wife's store. We always end up getting them to reship the items while we get to keep the items that we already received. It's pretty awesome, but really sucks if we need the item by a specific date for like a gift or something. They never ask us to send the items back even though we offered. I guess they don't want to pay for shipping to bring it back and then again to send the newer item back out.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TyCobb

@phrosen said:

I once bought "The Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg on HDDVD used from the amazon marketplace and when I opened it up, there were two movies in there - The Shooter & Tokyo Drift. I was totally ok with that.

I'm sorry to hear this. I figured the actual benefit would have been to receive it on Blu-Ray ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

I'm calling bullshit, people. You all would have kept the free Xbox 360, and you know it.

It's not free, they shipped the guy the wrong order. It would cost nothing to return it, or at least inform them of the mistake. Nothing bad can come of being responsible in this scenario, whereas pocketing $300 under the assumption that you're benefiting from someone else's oversight could easily come back to bite you in the ass.

Nope - it really can't.

It's their mistake. What's to say that you didn't ship the order to your friends house and he's already used the consoles? They can not hold you financially responsible for a mistake that they made.

Just count yourself lucky and know that by keeping the xbox, your also making sure that their shipping department looks over their orders more carefully in the future.