Have you ever seen a UFO?

Moe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Moe

I have, it's one of the most vivid memories of my life. I was on holiday in Ireland in 1997 i was 10. My family was driving along the countryside at about midday when i saw an object moving across the skyline towards us. It looked like a giant boomerang changing to several different colours in the short time i saw it. Just thought I would share it.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TimeWaffle

i haven't but i know quite a few people that would swear that they have

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By toxicEnchiliada

When I was little on a walk with my family I remember seeing a huge fireball flash not across but down the sky. No one else in my family saw it because they were facing the other way

Avatar image for wsgrandomperson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WSGRandomPerson

I have never seen an UFO, but I thought I did the one time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I sure as hell have. It was around 5 years ago when I was visiting Syria where family is. Me and a bunch of my cousins were walking at night, and it was fairly dark, streets were empty, etc. And something caught one of my cousins eye and she said look up look up, and what first seemed like REALLY bright stars (3 of them I think) moving very very slowly, turned into these big white lights moving around in the sky, in unbelieveable motions. Motions so fast, was like nothing I had ever seen in reality, where something could move from point A to B at the same exact speed from the second is moved to the last second it moved. No acceleration, no de acceleration. Imagine it somewhat like a mouse on the computer screen. Where it can move from point A to B so fast. We all were young so we just freaked out and started running home while looking up. All of us were just contantly looking up in the sky and running as fast as we could with eachother. Here I noticed something that the lights were not like a star, the moon, the sun, or a plane, where you could move dozens and dozens of meters away and the star would be in the same location; in the sky. This was like something that seemed far, big, and bright, yet when we ran it stayed back where we previously were in the sky. We slowed down a little since we were getting tired, and slowly calmed down, me atleast, since it wasn't DOING anything but following. That's when they rushed towards -in what we thought was our direction-, and this was something I will remember for all of my life. They zoomed in our direction in a speed you would never imagine, but it seemed like they were moving upwarsd and in our direction, and thats when we saw them go back into space, I suppose. Hard to explain... But we were all shocked. We ran back home talking to eachother about what the hell are we going to tell our parents. Once we got back home we told them, and they were pretty scared and shocked, but didn't believe us much, just shook us off.... we were young. Later in the night after everyone was supposed to be asleep, we went to lay on the roof and talk about it, and share our examinations I guess you could say. And this was when we saw them again, but this time a lot more, and a lot further, but with the same characteristics. I was going to call our parents but we didnt want to get in trouble for even being up late, and by the time they get up it might be gone, we didn't want to miss anything this time. They were in a clutter sort of, and moved in a floaty way, like there is no gravity and no acceleration or anything, its weird. We KNEW this could not be anything from or on this planet, because it was like nothing you have ever seen. The way they moved could not be possible. It's really hard to see something that you have never seen in reality before, its hard to explain really. We just sat and watched these glowing balls of light I suppose, and talking to eachother about what we think about it, what they could be, etc. They soon after stopped moving and just seemed to slowly dissapear or move upwards, after flying around constantly around.. I dont remember everything down to the point but I remember it generally, and it was difintely something I will remember for my whole life.

Eventually I asked my dad about it and learned he has also seen one before, but in Russia when he was studying there. It was on a beach or something, the sun was pretty low and bright. But he and several others saw this huge disc/oval shaped thing in the distance, but of massive size. It was an orangish color, or reflective light color, that made no noise whatsoever, and left no trace of wind or anything behind it. It came out of nowhere though, no one noticed when it came, but they noticed when it was there. My dad was a beginning photographer so when he went to grab his video camera the thing just zoomed away and upwards, in a way that fits my exact sighting, no acceleration like a car or plane, but just the same speed from the point it moved, hard to explain. Everyone was in awe and had no clue what to do about it, and at that timw there wasn't really anything you could do but speculate and move on..

That's my story I guess, I know they are out there, and I know eventually something will happen where it becomes widely known, but until then I guess im a nut.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Im guessing you used to wear glasses as a kid ?

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Shawn

I want to see one so bad :(

Avatar image for ultimate_pwr_rngr
Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ultimate_pwr_rngr

i would like to be abducted and anally probed plz.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By xruntime
Ultimate_pwr_rngr said:
"i would like to be abducted and anally probed plz."

Can we have some mature comments please?

I have never seen one, but I haven't ruled it out. I'm not sure if I really want to see one because I'd become really paranoid
Avatar image for ultimate_pwr_rngr
Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xruntime said:
"Ultimate_pwr_rngr said:
"i would like to be abducted and anally probed plz."

Can we have some mature comments please?

I have never seen one, but I haven't ruled it out. I'm not sure if I really want to see one because I'd become really paranoid"

rofl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Im guessing you used to wear glasses as a kid ?"
Who are you talking to? XD
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By kush

Nope...not at all. Never. No.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
Sentry said:
"HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Im guessing you used to wear glasses as a kid ?"
Who are you talking to? XD"

I was joking showing that his vision was off thus no UFO but I was kidding.
Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By vibratingdonkey

What I'm wondering is if aliens do exist, why would they be flying around in lightorbs? The things apparently move really fast, and are dead silent. What's the purpose of this stealthy approach when your vehicle is lit up like a christmas tree? Stupid aliens. Maybe their cloaking device ran out of dark matter or something.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Wolverine

Nope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VibratingDonkey said:
"What I'm wondering is if aliens do exist, why would they be flying around in lightorbs? The things apparently move really fast, and are dead silent. What's the purpose of this stealthy approach when your vehicle is lit up like a christmas tree? Stupid aliens. Maybe their cloaking device ran out of dark matter or something."
Perhaps that's the point? Obviously if they are 'visiting' us, its not just one other civilization, its at least several other civilizations. Which means they have been watching us for centuries, as UFO sightings have dated way, WAY back. Which means you would think they would know how we act and who we are, right?

Imagine if a UFO just flew down in the middle of time square one day and aliens came out and waved, what would happen? Seriously? People would go nuts, run around, someone would shoot them, etc. The whole planet would go into panic, because it would be something we don't understand. Who in the world do you rely on for "protection" and 'answers'? The governments, the higher power. If they themselves could not even explain or answer the masses questions and worries, what would happen? Mass panic. I don't think we are even close to ready to be in contact with other civilizations... and I don't think, if aliens are watching over us, they would be so stupid to do such a thing as plop down on our soil. Perhaps the lights for attention? Get noticed? I dunno, your guess is as good as mine.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By AlexB

I had a weird occurance one. Probably not a UFO, but still weird. My mother and I were driving across Montana, it was around 1:00 in the afternoon. Suddenly a big shadow went over our car and then we were back in sunlight. It was very noticeable. we hadn't driven under a bridge or over pass, so we thought it was a low hanging plane. we looked out the window but saw nothing. Not even a cloud in the sky. I looked for 5 min. as i wasn't  driving and my mom peaked out the window as well, but we saw nothing. it was rather peculiar. Can't say it was a UFO though. lol

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vlademir
VibratingDonkey said:
"What I'm wondering is if aliens do exist, why would they be flying around in lightorbs? The things apparently move really fast, and are dead silent. What's the purpose of this stealthy approach when your vehicle is lit up like a christmas tree? Stupid aliens. Maybe their cloaking device ran out of dark matter or something.
"
Maybe they have bad eyesight and need the extra lights to help them see where they are going.
filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By filiwian

No but there's a lot of people out their who claim that they have.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Black_Rose

No and i will never see one because they don't exist

sponge3164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sponge3164
VibratingDonkey said:
"What I'm wondering is if aliens do exist, why would they be flying around in lightorbs? The things apparently move really fast, and are dead silent. What's the purpose of this stealthy approach when your vehicle is lit up like a christmas tree? Stupid aliens. Maybe their cloaking device ran out of dark matter or something.
"
I think they exist but I don't think they've visited earth(if they are even that advance, or if they even exist)
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NathHaw

I've seen a few, but I'm sure they weren't alien.  A couple were breathtaking though.

Bob_Toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bob_Toeback

Can't say that I have...

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DualReaver

I totally have, mostly happens when I'm drunk though. Hmm...

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By serbsta

Nope, i wish i do in the future, would be pretty amazing.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpecTackle

I'm a firm believer that the universe is far too vast for us to be the epitome of existence.. that's a very egotistical view. But, I have not seen one, as much as I'd love to.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Clean

I haven't seen one yet.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Lemegeton

i believe in life on other planets but i think 90% of UFO sightings are not real

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By toxicEnchiliada
Lemegeton said:
"i believe in life on other planets but i think 90% of UFO sightings are not real
"

You can say a UFO isn't real literally everything in the sky the looks weird can be a Unidentified Flying Object
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By adam_grif

Life exists on other planets for sure. There exists flying objects that don't get identified, sure. But I will happily assert that alien life has never been anywhere close to Earth in powered spacecraft, limitations of physics, etc.

Avatar image for lacklusterymistress
LacklusteryMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I haven't personally witnessed any such thing, I can't help but ponder a lot of different things about the beings beyond our planet's reach.

For example, sometimes I'll wonder things like "Could there be any life which has advanced beyond us in its own unique ways and if so, has this particular species' denizens made better decisions than what we've been historically known for?"

I don't really doubt their existence, but I also have to wonder when we'll stumble upon proof and how we'll come to determine that it's indisputably true. I suppose I'll leave that to the future generations to figure out, though.

Looking back on this post, I guess I got a bit tangential. Ah well.

EndlessMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EndlessMike
toxicEnchiliada said:
"Lemegeton said:
"i believe in life on other planets but i think 90% of UFO sightings are not real
"

You can say a UFO isn't real literally everything in the sky the looks weird can be a Unidentified Flying Object"
Really? I can identify stars, airplanes, comets, moons.

Also no one has ever seen alien spacecraft. You probably just saw something human made and let your imagination take over.
piecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By piecat

I'm not really sure. I think I have, but who knows what it really was?

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rowr

Theres alot of weird scientific phenomena in this world, not to mention planes, floodlights etc.

If theres a simple convenient explanation its pretty easy to attach it.

Many scientific phenomena were considered "magic/miracles" as little as 100 years ago.

Childhood memories get corrupted pretty easy over the course of a change in time and perception. Go back to any area you havent seen since young childhood and you'll see things arent always how your remember them.

Also rednecks are generally pretty dumb.

All in all, i call BS. If even a small percentage of those who claim they saw genuine alien flying objects (not ufo's as that just means it wasnt identified.) were accurate. Surely we would have at least some form of solid evidence by now. We have all sorts of technology monitoring space all the time.

Anyone responding to this post claiming government cover ups will be ignored.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By adam_grif
LacklusteryMistress said:
"

Although I haven't personally witnessed any such thing, I can't help but ponder a lot of different things about the beings beyond our planet's reach.

For example, sometimes I'll wonder things like "Could there be any life which has advanced beyond us in its own unique ways and if so, has this particular species' denizens made better decisions than what we've been historically known for?"

I don't really doubt their existence, but I also have to wonder when we'll stumble upon proof and how we'll come to determine that it's indisputably true. I suppose I'll leave that to the future generations to figure out, though.

"
Doesn't really matter in what ways civilizations advance, all technology is bound by physics. Even if we have a lot of it wrong, the actual limitations are very well known, regardless of the explanation we give for these limitations. For example, Newton was completely wrong about a lot of things, yet the formulas describing the motion of bodies is accurate enough that they are still used today in a lot of engineering applications, despite being WRONG.

The galaxy is mind-bogglingly large, and the galaxy is a microscopic spec in the middle of the universe. The Fermi Equation dictates that there should be a lot of organic life in the universe, and I agree. I disagree with a lot of people, however, in that I feel that they have never been here, and will probably never get here. As I said, mind bogglingly large. With light-speed limitation applying to information, not just physical travel, crossing from one star-system to another takes a very, very, very, very, very long time.

Realistically, the only contact we will have with alien civilizations, IF any exist (I know life exists, but intelligent life and civilizations? Not so sure.) is through Von Nueman style self replicating probes, assuming they aren't designed to hide themselves.

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By stAtic

I have not.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Black_Raven

Never, not even seen anything unusual in the sky at all actually...

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sizu

I haven't, but two of my friends claim to have seen one.  Not sure if I beleive them as they were both drunk at the time:)

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By ZimpanX

I've seen a wierd green light in the sky, that's it. Could have been anything really.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40  Edited By OGCartman

Nah, and all the youtube vids are fake lol
I believe in aliens because the size of the universe but havent seen a UFO

Whight_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Whight_Knight

Sorry to break it TC, but that was a leprachaun tripping on LSD you were watching.

TheSecondSign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheSecondSign

No. But I do believe that we have been visited by other lifeforms and that there is life on other planets.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Verdugo
TheSecondSign said:
"No. But I do believe that we have been visited by other lifeforms and that there is life on other planets."
This.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RetroIce4

Yup, but then I realized it was just a frisbee... lol j/k.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BiggerBomb

Yeah, in the town that I live. But I could have been dreaming and I'm not exactly sure what I was looking at. There is this main road that curves on the coast of a harbor in my town and comes back around the other end of the harbor which is where my town is located. One night when I was really young I was looking out the window of my car and I saw this giant globe of yellow lights, each one within about 10 feet from eachother. It was hanging roughly 100 yards up in the sky. This was probably a dream but I remember it too vividly to be one.

/shrug

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BiggerBomb
adam_grif said:
"LacklusteryMistress said:
"

"
Doesn't really matter in what ways civilizations advance, all technology is bound by physics. Even if we have a lot of it wrong, the actual limitations are very well known, regardless of the explanation we give for these limitations. For example, Newton was completely wrong about a lot of things, yet the formulas describing the motion of bodies is accurate enough that they are still used today in a lot of engineering applications, despite being WRONG.

The galaxy is mind-bogglingly large, and the galaxy is a microscopic spec in the middle of the universe. The Fermi Equation dictates that there should be a lot of organic life in the universe, and I agree. I disagree with a lot of people, however, in that I feel that they have never been here, and will probably never get here. As I said, mind bogglingly large. With light-speed limitation applying to information, not just physical travel, crossing from one star-system to another takes a very, very, very, very, very long time.

Realistically, the only contact we will have with alien civilizations, IF any exist (I know life exists, but intelligent life and civilizations? Not so sure.) is through Von Nueman style self replicating probes, assuming they aren't designed to hide themselves.

"

Thousands of years ago the prospect of electricity was unheard of and incomprehensible, who are you to say that technology not yet developed or even imagined is beyond reach? That is a rather arrogant statement and simply because the prospect of an equation which due to our current limitations seems out of reach and in direct violation of what our percieved boundries of physics are, does not mean that future discoveries which will advance our technology tenfold are impossible.

It is also incredibly arrogant, considering how "mind-boggingly large" the galaxy is, to say our little blue planet contains the only intelligent life in the galaxy and even the entire universe. Take for example the hundreds and thousands of different species on our small planet which are of classifaction as intelligent life, is it so hard to believe that somewhere in this expansive universe there are other races of intelligent life? With this train of thought, it is once again arrogant to assume that we are the most advanced form of this itelligent life that exist. Not so long ago we believed that we were not only the center of our solar system, but the universe. This trend of human arrogance limits ingenuity and in a sense, development and advancement. We believed that the world was flat and in the concept of raw meat giving birth to maggots.

Do not try to justify your train of thought with the current limitations of human civilization, because history has proven such state of mind as one incredible cluster fuck of a mistake.

'Nuff said.
TheSecondSign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheSecondSign
adam_grif said:
"LacklusteryMistress said:
"

"

"

Incorrect. Scientists have already begun creating ideas for how to bypass the vastness of space, including the ever classic originally ludicrous idea of worm hole space travel, which is now thought to be very possible.

Also, FTL travel is unlikely, but established rules of science are not unbreakable. Rules for science and technology are constantly changing, and the idea that an older well established one can not be broken is rather foolish.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lemegeton said:
"i believe in life on other planets but i think 90% of UFO sightings are not real"
Lol, say that when you actually see one. Of course you trust your self more then the general population. :P
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Blu_Magic

Nope.