Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bleeker

Hey GB community,

I just wanted to give a shout out from Iraq! I am currently deployed to FOB Adder, Iraq with the United States Army and wanted to say hi and thank you guys for the endless amount entertainment you have provided while I have been here. It was always nice to get on here whenever I could and read a little about what was going on back in the States, with a little GB flavor added into it. However, I am (thankfully) nearing the end of my deployment and wanted to to know if you guys had any requests (like pictures) or questions about anything before I leave. Feel free to ask anything, and I'll see what I can do.

-Bleeker

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

im an arab i can teach you some phrases
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FunExplosions

ONE OF THOSE SPIDERS!! get a pic please     

EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By EvolutionX0

^  *shivers*   thats some big spider,i got crazy if one was anywhere near me.  lol

Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bleeker
@FunExplosions: I don't personally have a picture of one, but some of my buddies do. I'll get it for you asap.

@Ahmad_Metallic: Sure! Although before we get here they gave us a little card that had phrases like:

"Stop!"
"Put down your weapon!"
etc...
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FunExplosions
@Bleeker:
That's awesome. Didn't think they were that common.
Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bleeker
@FunExplosions: They're fairly common. They mostly just hide during the day because of the heat. They ARE the biggest spiders I've ever seen, but definitely not the "giants" they were portrayed to be on the internet.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Howdy from Texas.  Don't have any requests.  Just sayin' howdy.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By armaan8014

Hey... mist be hard out there...glad GB provides you relaxation..
Hope you return home soon and get gaming!
enjoy

Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bleeker
@jakob187: Thanks. Texas is actually home for me too.

@armaan8014: I appreciate it. I'll be home and gaming very soon.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187
@Bleeker said:
"@jakob187: Thanks. Texas is actually home for me too."
Really?  I'm in Waco.  Where's bout you from?
Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bleeker
@jakob187: Arlington/Fort Worth.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By flaminghobo

I originally thought this would have been a spam post, I'm glad it's not.

It's fine man, just remember that you all owe us a massive paycheck for when you get back from your deployment... or a picture of a camel spider. :)

EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By EthanML

What was your K/D ratio?

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By baconbits33

Yo, just saying watch yourself out there, I lost a couple buddies in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of my buddies that got killed left me his silver necklace, I miss that funny bastard... So don't do anything stupid out there man. Hey if you got a photo of Fallujah that would be great, but if ya don't then don't worry about it. But thanks for your service man, I'm joining up next year and if you got any tips for boot camp it would be kinda useful. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@EthanML said:
"What was your K/D ratio? "
This is not something to joke about, I wish they would drop you off in Iraq and pump you full of steroids then send you on a mad suicide terrorist hunting mission.
Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bleeker
@FlamingHobo: Ahh, I think I'll just settle for the picture!
@EthanML: Lol, was waiting for that one.
MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MatthewMeadows

Hey, thanks for putting your life on the line for the UK/US and all other countries in the coalition!

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By gingertastic_10
@MatthewMeadows said:
" Hey, thanks for putting your life on the line for the UK/US and all other countries in the coalition! "
What he said. We all appreciate it.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jakob187
@Bleeker said:
" @jakob187: Arlington/Fort Worth. "
That's what I figured.  Usual answer seems to be Fort Worth, Dallas, or Houston.  You play at any of the game centers up there?
Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bleeker
@Bucketdeth: It's alright. After you've been deployed you quickly learn that the first question most people ask you about your experience is "did you kill anybody?". You get used to it all after awhile.

@baconbits33: I'm sorry to say I don't have any pictures of Fallujah as it wasn't in my area of operation. I'm sorry to hear that about your buddies. I have only the utmost respect for them. For basic training, just keep your head down and blend in with the crowd. And don't volunteer for anything!

@MatthewMeadows: Thank you for your support of the coalition troops!
Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Psyx2
@gingertastic_10 said:
" @MatthewMeadows said:
" Hey, thanks for putting your life on the line for the UK/US and all other countries in the coalition! "
What he said. We all appreciate it. "
What they said. I can't imagine what it's like out there... with the spiders and all.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well man, I wish the best for you, I'd never be able to do what your doing, can you get a picture of where your stationed?
Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bleeker
@jakob187: No, I just game from home mainly.

And thank you to everyone else for your support.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope this isn't rude, but can you give us a picture of your gun?

Thanks. :-)

Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bleeker
@Bucketdeth: Let me double check the OpSec (Operational Security) for that. I think I probably can, but let me get back to you tomorrow.

@Tru3_Blu3: I'm on the right:

No Caption Provided
  It's an M4 with a CCO (close combat optics, or a Red Dot Sight for you COD4 fans). I normally have a pak2 laser (flashlight, laser, infrared laser) attached the rail system on the front, but it's off in this picture.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Osaladin

Keep your head down bro, hope you come home safe. 

I know I'll sound like a little kid lol, but, does every soldier get issued a knife/dagger? And if so, do you have a pic of it? :D

Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bleeker
@Osaladin: Unfortunately they don't issue bayonets much anymore. Most of us carry personal knives though.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By natetodamax
@Bleeker: I'd recommend putting a mag in that weapon when heading out in the field
Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bleeker
@natetodamax: Well, I'd love to have posed for a picture like that with a magazine locked, but I don't think my superiors would have looked very kindly upon me for going hot inside the FOB. =) That was actually just before a mission.
Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Daryl

Get back to work.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Amazing stuff here, we all appreciate your service back here in the states.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iam3green

How come u can have pictures of u in the army but my cousin can't? my cousin is in the army his in Mississippi right now.  a couple of months ago he was in Afghanistan and before that he was in Iraq. i talk to him via email every once in a while. 

good luck there, i like the picture of u with the gun.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Claude

Thanks for your service, I'm an old Navy veteran. You look young, the one thing that makes me scratch my head is the fact that at 18 years of age you can fight for your country, but can't drink a beer. I never understood that train of thought. Take care, get home safe.

MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MatthewMeadows

Make sure you stay safe yeah?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By RHCPfan24

Sweet. I don't really have any requests for you but we, the Giant Bomb community, are very proud and supportive of our soldiers. Glad to see you did a good job out there and we look forward to your safe return home!!

Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bleeker
@iam3green:
I couldn't tell you exactly why. It all depends on his chain of command and OpSec at the time. 

And a big thank you to everyone else. I know I've still got a picture of a camel spider that I will have tomorrow, and someone else wanted to see the base I was stationed at. There is a 4000 year old temple (The Temple of Ur) right outside of our base that we used to be able to visit, and I know someone around here has got a picture of our base from atop the temple. I will have to do some asking around tomorrow but I will find one for whoever asked.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TwoOneFive
Thanks for serving our country!
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Nice man, I was at FOB Gabe which is north of Baghdad.  I've heard of Adder I think but can't remember where it is. Don't bothering telling me though, OPSEC ftw. ;-)  Keep your head down bro, crazy hajii's don't play games. 

Also, after looking at those pics I noticed there is no CIB's.  What MOS are you?

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By damnboyadvance

Hey! Thanks for all your service in Iraq! My brother was actually in the Marines, but I still appreciate the Army too!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By Claude
@Bleeker said:
" @iam3green: I couldn't tell you exactly why. It all depends on his chain of command and OpSec at the time.  And a big thank you to everyone else. I know I've still got a picture of a camel spider that I will have tomorrow, and someone else wanted to see the base I was stationed at. There is a 4000 year old temple (The Temple of Ur) right outside of our base that we used to be able to visit, and I know someone around here has got a picture of our base from atop the temple. I will have to do some asking around tomorrow but I will find one for whoever asked. "
What about the history of where you are? I remember being in the Navy and seeing the Berlin Wall. I took pictures at "Checkpoint Charlie" and of the "Dead Zone", I have it framed. The Wall is no longer there. The history you've seen must be fantastic... Thoughts?
Bleeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bleeker
@Out_On_Bail: 31B Military Police, currently a gunner for a convoy security team. It's a CAB for me. They're not authorized in country though, not sure if that is different from when you were here. 

@Claude:  I've been to the Temple of Ur, one of the last few remaining structures of the ancient city of Ur As far as I know it's around 4000 years old. The city of Ur is one of the first cities mentioned in the Bible. Here's a picture of the ruined temple:  

I've also been to Saddam Hussein's Water Palace in Baghdad.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Stang

God bless ya man. My best bud was sent to Afghanistan this past January......you have to have balls of iron to put yourself out there like you fellows do. 

And post some pics of those crazy ass spiders if you get a chance!

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Bleeker: Ahh your a MP!  You guys are going to be busy as hell when you are done with the deployment lol. I was 11b so we did pretty much everything. Convoy Security to Raids to Checkpoints. I even got tasked out to go to Tikrit to work gaurd duty at the jail. I'm not sure if it's still in Tikrit, but in OIF2 it was.  "fun" times. Keep it up though man, and thanks for doing it! Get home safe and drink a few, you've earned it. 

The most 'historical' thing I ever saw while I was there was Saddams palace's in Tikrit. I would of liked to check out Ur, I bet that was damn cool.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hatking

Well that spider....I can't stop thinking about it....why does that thing even exist....got I keep looking down at my feet like one is crawling towards me or something...eh.  Anyway appreciate your hard work!
nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By nvmfst

I do not think I ever want to go to Iraq now from seeing that huge spider. OMFG, I would start screaming like a little girl if I saw one.

leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By leky1
@Bleeker said:

" Hey GB community,  I just wanted to give a shout out from Iraq! I am currently deployed to FOB Adder, Iraq with the United States Army and wanted to say hi and thank you guys for the endless amount entertainment you have provided while I have been here. It was always nice to get on here whenever I could and read a little about what was going on back in the States, with a little GB flavor added into it. However, I am (thankfully) nearing the end of my deployment and wanted to to know if you guys had any requests (like pictures) or questions about anything before I leave. Feel free to ask anything, and I'll see what I can do. -Bleeker "

could you get some info and pictures on teh weaponz?
P.S. do not die
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By flaminghobo
@leky1: He posted one of his M4 earlier. Scroll back through to page 1, and you should find it pretty quickly.

@Bleeker: What are the British troops like that you've met? I'm from the UK and while I appreciate what you Americans are doing I'd like to know how the boys from my country were/are. :-)
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By TheHBK
@Bucketdeth said:
"@EthanML said:
"What was your K/D ratio? "
This is not something to joke about, I wish they would drop you off in Iraq and pump you full of steroids then send you on a mad suicide terrorist hunting mission. "

Calm the fuck down.  What the fuck is that supposed to mean?  That bleeker is full of steroids?  Get over yourself. 
We all appreciate what you are doing and don't listen to this pompous jerk who thinks soldiers are idiots.  Keep up the good work and take care of yourself out there.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By Meowayne
@Bleeker said:
Texas is actually home for me too.

Surprise.