WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

yeah.
The problem is that they went with all these reality shows.

I miss documentaries.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter

They got pawnstars so eat me

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By iam3green

i don't usually watch history channel. it sounds stupid for them to be having reality shows on the history channel.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zombie2011

The Universe. 

Greatest T.V show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Radar

Pawn Stars is my guilty pleasure. I just watched 4 hours of it.

Zafmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zafmg

In related news: Sky is blue

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Tolman

I fucking hate all the stupid 2012 end of the world crap they have on everyday. I want to learn about history, not about stupid people!

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By B0nd07
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" yeah. The problem is that they went with all these reality shows.  I miss documentaries. "
Same.  I miss when they had shows that were actually about history, not some pawnshop in Vegas I've never heard of until now or what some truckers did last winter.  That's not history (technically, it is, but you know what I mean).  How the Ice Road came to be, on the other hand, is, and I'm sure they've already done a show or two on it.  They don't even go through the history of the items on Pawnstars unless they bring on one of the experts, and even then it's brief.  Just because it happened in the past does not, necessarily, make it history.  Bring back the 24/7 WWII and Modern Marvels and, you know, actual history.
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I used to love History Channel before Ice Road Truckers and lumberjacks and ghost chasing crap and all that stuff happened. Pawn Stars is cool though.

jackbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jackbag
iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By iKANNIBAL

I only watch Discovery Channel, its the shit :D plus i like discovering shit.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trophyhunter said:
" They got pawnstars so eat me "
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By themangalist
@jackbag said:
"
"
/thread
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pinworm45

1. What the fuck is the big deal with pawn stars? Seriously, I saw it, I don't get why it's a thing 
2. What does it have to do with history? 

But yeah History is pretty bad now. Still some OK stuff though. I like the fact and fiction thing with the old hag

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ProjectMayhem said:

" I fucking hate all the stupid 2012 end of the world crap they have on everyday. I want to learn about history, not about stupid people! "

Yo dude, did you hear, world's gonna end in 2012, cause of illuminati, and... 

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#17  Edited By gla55jAw

I watched some 2 or 3 hour show last weekend on Templar's. It was pretty awesome.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Tolman
@InfamousBIG: yes.
sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By sopranosfan

I love Pawn Stars and will watch Ice Road Truckers if there is nothing on. 

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Adamsons
@themangalist said:
" @jackbag said:
"
"
/thread "
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By themangalist
@Pinworm45 said:
" 1. What the fuck is the big deal with pawn stars? Seriously, I saw it, I don't get why it's a thing 2. What does it have to do with history?  But yeah History is pretty bad now. Still some OK stuff though. I like the fact and fiction thing with the old hag "
Pawn stars is like the fun history fact of the day. You get to see so much of some stuff often lost among the big events in history that gives you insight on how things used to work and how life used to be. It's like an archeological documentary with humour and light-heartedness in it.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@zombie2011 said:
" The Universe.  Greatest T.V show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
God, I love The Universe.
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IBurningStar

Animal Planet has also gone down the toilet. Now it is all about animals attacking people and shit. Why did they cancel Escape to Chimp Eden? That was the best fucking show they had.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By yetiantics

Pawn Stars and American Pickers, baby! Yeah!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Godwind

I always thought I was the only one.  You may also want to check out the miltary history channel and History International channel.  They are better than the original history channel as they actually talk about history.  Although Pawnstars still rules.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Dalai
@IBurningStar said:
" Animal Planet has also gone down the toilet. Now it is all about animals attacking people and shit. Why did they cancel Escape to Chimp Eden? That was the best fucking show they had. "
And the Travel Channel should change its name to the Food Network... and the actual Food Network can eat a dick.
mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By mikevanpwn

History Channel is good for Pawn Stars. 

Military Channel is where its at!

baron_calamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By baron_calamity

I'm shocked to see the love for Pawn Stars. Its a complete fabrication and not a very good one.  At least Ice Road truckers is somewhat real. The History Channel still does documentries but they are few and far between. They just did that huge America: The Story of Us which was 9 hours long.
B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By B0nd07
@Dalai said:
" @IBurningStar said:
" Animal Planet has also gone down the toilet. Now it is all about animals attacking people and shit. Why did they cancel Escape to Chimp Eden? That was the best fucking show they had. "
And the Travel Channel should change its name to the Food Network... and the actual Food Network can eat a dick. "
Then there's Cartoon Network and its live action shows.  Live action on Cartoon Network.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Animasta
@B0nd07 said:
" @Dalai said:
" @IBurningStar said:
And the Travel Channel should change its name to the Food Network... and the actual Food Network can eat a dick. "
Then there's Cartoon Network and its live action shows.  Live action on Cartoon Network. "
god those are the fucking worst, rather watch disney channel than that tripe.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" @trophyhunter said:
"
pawnstars and american pickers make up for any crap they air.
baron_calamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By baron_calamity
@B0nd07 said:
" @Dalai said:
" @IBurningStar said:
Then there's Cartoon Network and its live action shows.  Live action on Cartoon Network. "

I understand that experiment failed and they are returning to an all cartoon line up (with the exception of the od live action scooby doo movie) but they are stuck with airing the live action shows because of the huge lead time animation takes. They really screwed up shutting down their animation studio. I wish i got boomerang.
fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#33  Edited By fox01313

Agreed, shows about logging crews & truckers isn't really that history to me. I'm just glad that between history channel, discovery channel there was enough footage to dump into the military channel. Found that military channel is a little OD on WW2 at times but seeing as how 2 seasons of future weapons is instant stream on netflix, I'm happy with ignoring most of what's on the history channel now.  

You'd think with something called the history channel that they above all others would learn from a failed history of bad games & shows none too historic (at least pawnstars has some history in it so it's good).

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Noodles

Not much love for American Pickers in this thread.

A shame, really. That show is amazing.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By maxszy
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" @trophyhunter said:
"
Bleh. Yeah its the best of what they have as far as those types of shows but come. This is the History channel, we need history documentaries all day! Alright, maybe a little Pawn Stars thrown in is acceptable but that would be the line. Gotta draw it! Sadly, they've not done that.
timmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By timmy

I miss Cities of the Underworld. That show was always interesting, informative and engaging; something that's missing from many broadcast shows these days.

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Noodles
@Maxszy said:
" @Everyones_A_Critic said:
" @trophyhunter said:
"
Bleh. Yeah its the best of what they have as far as those types of shows but come. This is the History channel, we need history documentaries all day! Alright, maybe a little Pawn Stars thrown in is acceptable but that would be the line. Gotta draw it! Sadly, they've not done that. "
Considering that they are topping the charts for cable ratings week after week, I don't blame them.
B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By B0nd07
@baron_calamity said:
" @B0nd07 said:
" @Dalai said:
" @IBurningStar said:
I understand that experiment failed and they are returning to an all cartoon line up (with the exception of the od live action scooby doo movie) but they are stuck with airing the live action shows because of the huge lead time animation takes. They really screwed up shutting down their animation studio. I wish i got boomerang. "
Some of them appear to have been canceled (basically the whole CN-Real line up), but there is currently Unnatural History and some new one coming either later this month or early next month.  I sencerely hope they don't get picked up for second seasons.  I'm fine with the odd Scooby-Doo movie or other live action movie, but only if it has something to do with a cartoon, otherwise, live action has no place on Cartoon Network.
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By thatfrood

You guys remember when TLC was The (fucking) Learning Channel? and had junkyard wars? God... those were the days.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By trophyhunter
@Noodles said:
" @Maxszy said:
" @Everyones_A_Critic said:
" @trophyhunter said:
"
Bleh. Yeah its the best of what they have as far as those types of shows but come. This is the History channel, we need history documentaries all day! Alright, maybe a little Pawn Stars thrown in is acceptable but that would be the line. Gotta draw it! Sadly, they've not done that. "
Considering that they are topping the charts for cable ratings week after week, I don't blame them. "
Before Pawnstars many people called it the Hitler channel.
Because all they would show all day every day was: The history of Hitler, Hitler's secrets, Hitler's women, Hitler's lost treasure,  Nazis in America , Supernatural Nazis.
BSchneider30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BSchneider30

I've never heard of this show Pawnstars, but apparently it is the cats pajamas.

Avatar image for crazysonofabitch
CrazySonOfABitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CrazySonOfABitch
@Timmy: Whuuuut

I have Pawn Stars but....THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT D:

I guess i have some different History Channel :( 

Also,check out Via Sat History-its kinda awesome :3

@trophyhunter:
The Giant Bomb bet surruonding Wolfenstein maybe?

No? :'(
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Capum15
@B0nd07 said:
" @WilliamRLBaker said:
" yeah. The problem is that they went with all these reality shows.  I miss documentaries. "
Same.  I miss when they had shows that were actually about history, not some pawnshop in Vegas I've never heard of until now or what some truckers did last winter.  That's not history (technically, it is, but you know what I mean).  How the Ice Road came to be, on the other hand, is, and I'm sure they've already done a show or two on it.  They don't even go through the history of the items on Pawnstars unless they bring on one of the experts, and even then it's brief.  Just because it happened in the past does not, necessarily, make it history.  Bring back the 24/7 WWII and Modern Marvels and, you know, actual history. "
Bolded for truth. Even though it was like, 90% of the content, the WWII shows were great.

Also: Mail Call was fucking amazing. Don't you touch that remote maggot! Stay tuned for more mail call!

I also loved shows like Shootout, Dogfights and the Battle/Patton 360 ones. And Modern Marvels is always watchable.
Avatar image for zachtothefuture
zachtothefuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zachtothefuture

i love pawn stars i find it the best edutanment out there watching stupid people and learning about old shit great stuff. American piickers is ok too but god the rest of their shows are teribble

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pinworm45
@Capum15 said:
I also loved shows like Shootout, Dogfights and the Battle/Patton 360 ones. "
represent
Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Warfare
@WilliamRLBaker said:
Indeed.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Capum15
@Pinworm45:  Yeah, they were great. I have that Dogfights DVD tin and it also has the whole of Battle 360.
apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By apoptosis61

2012? THE GODS ARE COMMING BACK , RUN FOR YOUR LIFES