How do you feel when your forum post crashes and burns?

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Duke_Lion

Have you ever thought that you had something really good to talk about on the forums and get really excited to post about it only to have no one else care about it and the only thing you can do is let is sink lower and lower til there is no chance in hell that anyone will see it.  It happened to me quite a few times mostly on the Gamespot forums, usually because their responses consisted of LOl u r Dum and that's it.

But what about you guys?  Do you have any experiences like this?  Did it make you feel like shit or did you not care?

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HiroSeven

I dunno, I've only posted a few topics(actually I think just one...) on the forums and they've been average as far as post counts.

In other forums, I've posted something that has been completely ignored, but it doesn't have any effect on me. Either my question/comment was too vague or it's something that a minortiy would find interesting. For instance, I recall making a topic on Drakengard 2 on one of the forums I visit. I only got a handfull of replies, and most of them were single lined 'it was good' or 'it was bad' etc.

I guess its kinda like reading the back cover of a book which usually has a summary or preview; if you like what you read you'll delve deeper into it and try reading the whole book and form an opinion about it, if not, it will just stay on the shelf.

-hiro

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Duke_Lion
HiroSeven said:
"I dunno, I've only posted a few topics(actually I think just one...) on the forums and they've been average as far as post counts.

In other forums, I've posted something that has been completely ignored, but it doesn't have any effect on me. Either my question/comment was too vague or it's something that a minortiy would find interesting. For instance, I recall making a topic on Drakengard 2 on one of the forums I visit. I only got a handfull of replies, and most of them were single lined 'it was good' or 'it was bad' etc.

I guess its kinda like reading the back cover of a book which usually has a summary or preview; if you like what you read you'll delve deeper into it and try reading the whole book and form an opinion about it, if not, it will just stay on the shelf.

-hiro"
Yeah thats true, but sometimes if something is really long they will just read the first paragraph if that and base the entire post off that.
HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HiroSeven

That says something about the poster I guess.

Then again, half baked opinions sometimes rival those of fully thought out and articulate ones. Of course 90% of the time the articulate ones take home the controller.

... controller? where'd that come from? -_-

-hiro

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By serbsta

Its only happened once to me and i just got my keyboard and smacked it against the chair, screaming 'fuck you gamespot!'.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By TomA

Ya that has happened to me on a few occasions on this site,but it's not a big deal i don;t think,considering i did post at 2 in the morning one of the times:P

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Gunner

Only thing i regret ever saying on any type of forums was a topic i made about 6 years ago when i was about 13, at the time i was into country and thought it would be a cool idea to make a topic about it.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar

Well then LOls and u R dumzzz.....

jk, jk.

I actually don't mind it as much when it turns out I'm the only person interested, but I hate it when I post a news story first (a bit late in the night/early morning), then when I go back later to see how my thread is doing, somebody else posted the exact same story but since they posted it later in the morning they get all the hits and people all talk on that thread and not mine's even though I posted it first. At that point you can't be a jerk and say well close the thread down because I was here first BS. Almost makes me not want to post interesting stories that I know others will eventually find.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By c1337us

I have only posted a thread a few times, usually because I dont have much worth saying so I usually stick to contributing to existing threads. None of the ones I have posted have attracted more then a handful of responses and it does bother me that much at all. Move on and talk about something else. Theres always something to look at here. In any case they get more attention then my every day blogs.

In you rown case though, just keep posting some interesting threads with interesting points and I am sure it will attract plenty of conversation. 

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DXSSI

You idiots, you weren't supposed to reply to this post. :p

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I guess sometimes I don't get as much feedback on my blogs as much as I would like, but I guess thats just me being a bit narcissistic! :D

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By GamespotNoMore

I have 6,000 points and less than 400 posts, so I'm more concerned with getting points and wiki contributions than posting every single day

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I usually post at 3 am, EST. and usually about random questions I could probably find a answer to by using Google.  So I'm pretty used to being rejected. 

Doesn't  mean one shouldn't  stop posting.  Shit, I post just for the sake of posting and getting something off my chest.  Thats what blogs are for, getting those Philly steamers off yourself and into the faces of others. 

Yo, I'm from Philly.
Yo, I'm from Philly.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By GamespotNoMore

are you from Philly soothsayer or is just Will Smith from Philly?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#15  Edited By citizenkane

I had that problem at Gamespot, but not here so far.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead

As far as I know, I've made at least one thread which sank without a trace, other than that, i'm doing fine.