• 64 results
I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By I_smell

Yo I make videogames. I was doin it for a laugh in school, then some money started comin in.

So pick a constructive hobby and opportunites will arise from it sooner or later.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@Hardgamer said:
" @BestUsernameEver said:
" Same boat.  "
Same boat. "
InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By InternetCrab

I'm 19 and i'm reading Chemistry as my major. I hope i will become a teacher (most likely in chemistry) or an inventor. Or i'll just be a deadbeat working as a janitor. Haha.
raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By raidingkvatch
@thegreatmuta92: Not that I technically have a career, but I chose what I wanted to do at uni, by thinking about what I'm good and what I like doing; since my best subject in 6ht Form was Media Studies and most enjoyed the practical stuff, and have a lifelong passion for film I chose to study Cinema & Photography.
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#55  Edited By armaan8014
@Twisted_Scot said:
" Go to a career Expo, pick up a lawn dart and whoever you hit go for that job as there is now a position opening. "
best advice ever
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By Gabriel

My love of the letter Z helped influence my choice to become a DSi Ware Developer. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By toowalrus

After I graduated, I started going to the local community college, because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but the foreign languages and music classes I was taking would count toward most degrees which require credits in humanities... or whatever. I'm still not sure exactly what I want to do, but I've got some ideas lined up, and a fall back career just in case I'm never actually... a huge success. I'm getting a bachelors in business management from Northwood later next year. I'm honestly not sure what I want to be doing.

I was recently promoted to Manager at the local pizza franchise where I work, I'm the youngest there by 10 years. My boss is the GM of three different stores, it looks like he's got a decent life. He spends most of his time traveling (which I love), he just bought a brand new expensive truck, has a couple of houses in the different towns where his stores are. I know at the very least, I've got what it takes to do that, I'd just have to stick around this place for a few more years.

It's really not what I want to do, but it's a decent fall-back career, and I know I won't be working part-time for minimum wage for the rest of my life. After I get that degree, I might stick around here for awhile and save up some cash, maybe I'll shop around for some corporate job at Activision or EA or something. I don't really have any interest in being a game designer or artist, but I do love the industry, and seeing it from a business standpoint could be cool. It's not like I want to be Bobby Kotick or anything... well, maybe a little.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By toowalrus
@crusader8463:  You could just go grab a GED, if the alcoholic hillbilly felons I work with could do it, anyone can.
Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Tally_Pants

I just went off of what I enjoyed studying in High School... I liked math and science so I became an Electrical Technologist! (its somewhere between an electrician and an engineer! lol)
And now i'm 2yrs into my career and still enjoy my work.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By crusader8463
@TooWalrus: I graduated High School in 2004. I don't need a GED. My province has next to no jobs, and no one is hiring because they are too busy laying people off left and right. The majority of jobs in my part of the province come from Call Centres, but they have all slowly been shutting down over the last few years and they are laying people off by the dozens every few months.

I check the government job listing website, and several others, every day, but there is just nothing out there. The only places hiring are looking for nurses with 2-3 years of college, managers with 5-10 years experience or various construction jobs that all require several years of schooling to be certified in. None of which I can do because I can't afford to go back to college. I can't even get a shitty job at McDonald's or Pumping Gas because I have a bad back and I can't stand for more then 15-20 minutes at a time without my back wanting to give out on me.
Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Chop

I got pushed into it by family. It took four years working a job I hated and advancing in a career I had no interest in before I finally snapped and quit. So now I have no future in mind at the moment and it's pretty damn terrifying. 

Just whatever you choose...do it yourself. I got easily convinced as a high school kid that what my dad wanted me to do was what I wanted to do. 
RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By RIDEBIRD

I'm good at writing. So I've worked as a low level reporter and later went on to write for the swedish version of Eurogamer. Regardless, I saw that there is no money in journalism, and the competition here is super retarded harsh for a job that doesn't pay that well. So I went to study PR and such. It works for me, and I think it's interesting.

With any luck this is what I'll be doing, as I'm good at writing and could do that in some sense in PR as well as work on my other skills. Or I'll try to write a book or something. Do something you think you might enjoy, but if you have a talent for something (and I guess you quite enjoy it if you do), pursue it, you won't regret it - it's kinda the easy way out.
duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By duskvamp

I have no idea what I want to do. Some of my past career ambitions were Vet, Graphic Designer, Games Animator, Vet Nurse, Computer Engineer and now nothing. There is a definite pattern. But now I'm stuck, and have my mum on my back pestering me about 'Spending all your time in your room playing games, why don't you look at going to University?' every day. Which gets tiresome..

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By artofwar420

I was all like "what do I want to do for a living?" I took many different classes in college and found out that I liked modeling shit in computers. I followed the rope and I found myself in the road towards games design.

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#66  Edited By ReapersPuppy

basically I narrowed it down to shit I like an wouldn't mind doing
also narrowed down the salaries

I love children/love learning new things/love traveling/love animals/love caring for others/love helping others/also wanted something flexible
my careers basically were teacher,vet tech and nurse
nursing has everything..I can specialize with working with children
I'll also be learning new things most of the time.. an I can travel if I choose to
and I get to help others an help save lives all at the same time of being
able to be flexible an get paid a decent salary =D

What I suggest for you is write down things you enjoy
write down things you don't mind doing wheather its helping others,building stuff,putting together a car
also write down the lowest salary your willing to work for like ex: $18 hrly
Once you do that look for careers that include most of these things
your not ever gonna find one that has it all but choose your 3 favorite from the list and
narrow it down from there..sometimes it may take awhile but its gonna be worth it
its better to take your time an figure out what you really wanna do with yourself
then to work a shitty job for the rest of your life an be miserable

I'll be starting college this year..I wanna be an lpn an bridge to an rn
once I become a nurse Im hoping to get into pediatrics an also travel for a company

Hope this helps dude =3

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Buscemi

So, yeah, I don't know. I'll probably try to become a teacher since I've always enjoyed school and learning people do stuff. English teacher, maybe?