I can't seem to finish games anymore.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rebirth1337

Well lets see I bought Dragon Age off a friend for $20 and played it for about three hours I then quit playing it for about a week and then borrowed Assassin's Creed II from a friend and got about six hours in. I've also stopped playing it and I for some reason went out and bought Bioshock 2 and have only played about eight hours of it. I like all of these games but I'm just don't feel compelled to play them. Anyone else ever feel like this?

ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ClownDetective

yea, you're burnt out probably, especially if you've tried three different games so soon after each other. You need to go do something else for your kicks for a while.

EPiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EPiX

Yeah i'm similar (Reminds me, still need to finish Dragon Age...)

My 'Cure' was I bought a PC (to get back into RTS) although i ended up immediately going on a 2/3day non-stop binge of Mass Effect 1 and 2 (First time playing)

If buying a new platform out of the picture (which it prob should be) - just admit defeat and setup a wow account, or learn to paint.

I need a game to hook me for a bit (considering yet another run at wow - just re-subscribed to eve to remember I quit it because it wasn't a game, but an alternative reality.)

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

You're the same as me, but I feel a compulsion to buy new games, then I get bored try something else, then another game comes out before you know it, you'll start finishing them if you stop buying them.
I'm going to try to stay away from buying any games after heavy rain, complete the ones in my collection then carry on.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Ah well, gives you more time to post about them instead ;P

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

u should just sit down and start playing a game. sometimes u can get hooked on the game again.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

When I do beat a game, there's usually a break involved, could be days, weeks or maybe even a month. If the break goes too long, game over and I won't go back. 

I usually play between one and two hour sessions on consoles twice a day when I'm enjoying the expierence. Except PC, I can go longer maybe 3 or 4 hours. Hmm, that's give me an idea, centralize. 

There's nothing wrong with it. It's your money, your time and your games. Play them as you like.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I seem to finish games but I am really slow at them (I am about to beat Batman AA, and then I have to beat Darksiders, then Battlefield Bad Company, then The Orange Box, then Mass Effect, then Manhunt, then MGS, then GTA SA), and I have way too many games to beat and not enough time so I feel overwhelmed.

EPiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EPiX

@Godlyawesomeguy - I'm in same boat, even with a 'reserved' approach to buying, I have yet to complete; 

on 360 to start/complete

Borderlands, Dragon Age, Stranglehold (Yeah I know...), Wet, Lost Odyssey, Stoked, Tropico 3, Oblivion (Theres a game I can never get in mood to play) - Also would be nice to hit some serious gameplay in Fifa 10 (to keep online skills up) MW2 and forza 3 (to maybe get some skills)

Then there's the PC phase im in, and a DS which has only been used a handful of times... There are two many games and I must possess them all!

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Tireyo

Just practice! Play to beat and WIN!!!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By JoelTGM

Yes, it's because I bought way too many games on sale through Steam, and I can't seem to focus on any one of them, so eventually I ended up just ignoring them all and playing my usual multiplayer games. 

Avatar image for hypotheticalsolution76
HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's nice to know that I am not alone. Especially during this generation of games, I lose focus really quickly. I don't stay with something long enough and really enjoy the fruits of my labor. Having less money now and having to prioritize has only partially helped. Now I like to read chat boards (like this!) and blogs, etc..now more than I used to. I get excited about only a few games because I know my budget to buy has slimmed down considerably. Even the very well priced games on Steam that look really fun I tend to stay away from, just so I can get ready for a game that I absolutely want.

On the flip side, I have found some alternatives. I mean now I visit my local library instead of buying them at the book store and when I visit the store, I only look around for a few minutes and not think about it too much. I have found that when I try to negotiate in buying something, I really don't need it, and in the case for games, they'd just sit on my shelf anyways.

It's natural to not finish a game. Sometimes you just wander around and find something new, and like others have said, maybe just sit down and play a game even if you don't necessarily want to. That way you're playing something and maybe you can regain your focus that way.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rebirth1337
@EPiX said:

" Yeah i'm similar (Reminds me, still need to finish Dragon Age...)  My 'Cure' was I bought a PC (to get back into RTS) although i ended up immediately going on a 2/3day non-stop binge of Mass Effect 1 and 2 (First time playing)  If buying a new platform out of the picture (which it prob should be) - just admit defeat and setup a wow account, or learn to paint.  I need a game to hook me for a bit (considering yet another run at wow - just re-subscribed to eve to remember I quit it because it wasn't a game, but an alternative reality.) "

lol I was actually gonna pick a PS3 up. But I've been think about it and I don't know if that's the best use of money right now if I can't beat any of the games I own on the 360 or PC.