#1  Edited By PaxRomana
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

Your school should be closed down if you don't know how to spell indefinitely correctly.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pinworm45

Sorry, but I'm not going to sign a protest to prevent a change that is likely for researched reasons simply because you think "this school is for teens, not kids". I fail to see how it's a disgrace that 9-12 year olds are going to be in a school. It's clearly needed, they aren't just doing it to fuck with you.

PaxRomana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PaxRomana
@Pinworm45 said:
" Sorry, but I'm not going to sign a protest to prevent a change that is likely for researched reasons simply because you think "this school is for teens, not kids". I fail to see how it's a disgrace that 9-12 year olds are going to be in a school. It's clearly needed, they aren't just doing it to fuck with you. "
You don't know what your talking about.
RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By RankRabbit

How do you know it isn't going to be put to better use? It's nice that you have your memories there but I'm sure there's good reason for the decision and afterall it's still benefiting education.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pinworm45
@PaxRomana said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" Sorry, but I'm not going to sign a protest to prevent a change that is likely for researched reasons simply because you think "this school is for teens, not kids". I fail to see how it's a disgrace that 9-12 year olds are going to be in a school. It's clearly needed, they aren't just doing it to fuck with you. "
You don't know what your talking about. "
You literally said it's a disgrace that 9-12 year olds will be in a school where you have all your memories as a teenager. 

It is very unlikely your government would make this change for absolutely no reason.  

Where am I wrong?
PaxRomana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PaxRomana
@RankRabbit said:
" How do you know it isn't going to be put to better use? It's nice that you have your memories there but I'm sure there's good reason for the decision and afterall it's still benefiting education. "
Because they are only doing it because of the economy.
PaxRomana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PaxRomana
@Pinworm45 said:
" @PaxRomana said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
You literally said it's a disgrace that 9-12 year olds will be in a school where you have all your memories as a teenager.  It is very unlikely your government would make this change for absolutely no reason.   Where am I wrong? "
No, nobody said anything about that.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

They probably have a good reason changing it into an elementary school. 

Our middle school was 6-8 and that didn't bother anyone. 

And Im sorry but this comes off as very selfish as something that is fueled by nostalgia and not really thinking about what the benefits are. 

THIS SCHOOL IS FOR TEENS!  isn't a good argument.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BraveToaster
@Pinworm45 said:
" @PaxRomana said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
You literally said it's a disgrace that 9-12 year olds will be in a school where you have all your memories as a teenager.  It is very unlikely your government would make this change for absolutely no reason.   Where am I wrong? "
Dude, you are wrong. The government did this because they knew the OP started his life there. Everyone knows that 9-12 year olds have cooties.
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By gamefreak9
@PaxRomana:  
Nostalgia is a terrible thing when you bring it to the real world, it only has nominal value(economics student will catch my satire :P). If the school is getting closed down, its probably for a good reason, i am sure if all the students went off to Harvard this would not be happening(aka not good higher education stats).
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Pinworm45 said: 
He said 9-12 grade should be what high-schools are and 7-8 should be junior high.  I agree with you though.
fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fRAWRst

No, your stupid and i hope everything goes as the government planned. disgrace? school honor? fuck off, your part of the problem

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pinworm45
@PaxRomana said:

" @Pinworm45 said:

" @PaxRomana said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
No, nobody said anything about that. "

@PaxRomana said:

" I am one of many people who have expressed concerns regarding this supposed change that will begin in a year or two. We want to keep our junior high school’s 7-8 and our high school’s 9-12 and we won’t settle for anything less. There’s even a rumor that they will be making it so 5-6 graders could possibly go here in the future, which is not acceptable. They are even changing the name of the school.

@PaxRomana said: 

"Why do I care, you might ask? Well for starters I don’t want kids in my old junior high school, it has always been for teens, and now they will let 9-12 year olds in there too, it’s a disgrace.

@PaxRomana said: 

" Another reason I am concerned is because that is the location where my life really started, that’s where I became a teenager, went through puberty, made real friends for the first time, and was able to date and be in a real relationship for the first time. That’s where I began my quest and became the person I am today. I also don’t want all of my memories to be tarnished by the fact that from now on every time I think of my wonderful memories, I’ll always think of how it was all ruined because they let kids in a school that was only meant to be for teens."

Sorry, but wanting an education system stifled because of your memories is ridiculous. Thinking it's a "disgrace" that younger kids are going to be going to a school you went to is ridiculous. Thinking new people going to your school somehow ruins your entire childhood is ridiculous.  

This change is being done for reasons, not to mess with you.
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Pinworm45: Never mind.  I re-read it.  He did say it.
RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RankRabbit
@PaxRomana said:
" @RankRabbit said:
" How do you know it isn't going to be put to better use? It's nice that you have your memories there but I'm sure there's good reason for the decision and afterall it's still benefiting education. "
Because they are only doing it because of the economy. "
As a business student, this just makes their decision make even more sense. It is the taxpayers who pay for this stuff (in most places here in the U.S.) so it's possible you could have some influence, but it has to be logical and reasonable; it has to be more than just "this school can't change from what it was because 9-12 year olds aren't allowed in." I hope for this effort's sake that this school is not private because then you can forget about it.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
@PaxRomana said:

" @Pinworm45 said:

" @PaxRomana said:

" @Pinworm45 said:
No, nobody said anything about that. "
@PaxRomana said:

Why do I care, you might ask? Well for starters I don’t want kids in my old junior high school, it has always been for teens, and now they will let 9-12 year olds in there too, it’s a disgrace. Another reason I am against it is because I’m getting a degree in high school counseling, and I could use that degree to get a job at the junior high school or the senior high school, however if they do change this, my creditability will no longer be valid at the junior high school, and so I can only apply for a job at the senior high school.

Yeah huh.

They're doing it for a good reason dude. It's pointless to sign a petition because some kid is getting his high school pride hurt. Give it another 5 years and you won't give a shit anymore. Unless you're one of those weird booster parents who obsess way too highly over high school sports.
PaxRomana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PaxRomana
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" They probably have a good reason changing it into an elementary school.  Our middle school was 6-8 and that didn't bother anyone.  And Im sorry but this comes off as very selfish as something that is fueled by nostalgia and not really thinking about what the benefits are.  THIS SCHOOL IS FOR TEENS!  isn't a good argument. "
Teens shouldn't be in the same building as 9 year olds. Teens have sex and smoke and everything else. Kids shouldn't be around that stuff.
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By CptChiken

Im not going to sign a petition for something that I neither care for or that applies to me. Im sure most people here will feel the same. 

Just a word of advice, dont post dismissive responses like "you dont know what you're talking about" and expect to not get flamed.

PaxRomana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PaxRomana

Omg your right, I did say it! I'm sorry, I made a typo. I meant 5-6.

fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fRAWRst
@PaxRomana: Seriously man, how naive are you? This has got to be a troll, right? No one is this childish irl, right?!
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BraveToaster

But teens are kids.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AlexW00d
@PaxRomana: I think the government totally forgot that people have sex all around schools. They should definitely not allow it now. 

I feel sorry that you've got a load of bullshit when you are trying to do what you think is a good thing. But dude give up...
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By audiosnag
@PaxRomana
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" They probably have a good reason changing it into an elementary school.  Our middle school was 6-8 and that didn't bother anyone.  And Im sorry but this comes off as very selfish as something that is fueled by nostalgia and not really thinking about what the benefits are.  THIS SCHOOL IS FOR TEENS!  isn't a good argument. "
Teens shouldn't be in the same building as 9 year olds. Teens have sex and smoke and everything else. Kids shouldn't be around that stuff.
Dude if this crap is going on inside your school you have bigger problems.
This is the way the world is. Economic concerns are a bigger concern the messing with somebodies memories.
It sucks but that's life.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
@PaxRomana said:

" @SethPhotopoulos said:

Teens shouldn't be in the same building as 9 year olds. Teens have sex and smoke and everything else. Kids shouldn't be around that stuff. "
Wow I didn't realize your school let's you guys do that on school grounds during class hours.

@TrakMastaTom

said:

" What the fuck are you talking about?  I don't even...

Also:

@PaxRomana

said:

" something bad that I’m not proud of, when I used to be a communist, but I’m not anymore. "

"
Dick Marcinko has a couple words for you.. 

Once you're tainted by the Commie hive mind, there's no going back.
fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fRAWRst

But he's totally unfounded! What bad could happen from changing grades allowed at a building for education? Its like saying we cant let an old firehouse be turned into something else CAUSE THEYRE NOT FIREMEN AND HONOR AND STUFFS

TrakMastaTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By TrakMastaTom
What the fuck are you talking about?  I don't even...

Also:
 @PaxRomana said:
" something bad that I’m not proud of, when I used to be a communist, but I’m not anymore. "
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Haha. It's clear your local school district is specifically trying to fuck with your memories. This is probably the most pathetic thing I've read in a long time. Grow up. Your memories of the school aren't going away just because they change what kind of school the building holds. You said you were a senior in high school? Grow up. 

You have to be trolling, right? 

Right?

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AndrewGaspar
@TrakMastaTom said:
" What the fuck are you talking about?  I don't even...

Also:
 @PaxRomana said:
"
Oh, I loved that part, too. 

You do realize there are rural schools that have K-12 all in one building, right?
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dbz1995
@Axxol said:
" But teens are kids. "
Bang! Got it in one.
SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By SumDeus

I'm not signing a petition because someone on the internet feels nostalgic about their alma mater...

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32  Edited By wefwefasdf

This is why I keep a popcorn maker next to my computer. *grabs popcorn*

fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fRAWRst

Seriously, everytime i get depressed about my life i find some fucktard out there who is 100x more fucked up then me. i love the internet

Avatar image for depressing_wizard
Depressing_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the problem. I went to a school that had kids from kindergarten up to grade 8.

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By OppressiveStink

Shit man, is this really how entitled children feel nowadays?  They shouldn't change your school because you don't like it?  Your feelings should be taken into consideration over the thousands of other people who really don't give a shit?

Man, someone needs to  publicly shame your parents for letting you grow up so entitled.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#36  Edited By donutfever

This is why you read what the petition is for before putting your name on it.

jschmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jschmoe

Nothing says "I'm naive" like expecting an internet petition will do anything.  

If you feel so passionate about this, go door to door and do a real petition of citizens in the area.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DrPockets000

You're overreacting, I'm sorry.  I attended high school with grades K-12 all in the same building.  I lived.  

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

If it means anything, I'm digging the thread title. Your reasons, though: garbage.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By FancySoapsMan

so did anyone actually sign it

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By matpaget

I wrote a paragraph to post here to ridicule the OP and try to explain to him why he's an idiot, but then I realized I don't care and this thread is making me laugh.

astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By astrozombie

Dude, get over it. My junior high school did the same thing and you don't see me bawling on the internet. It's not like the kids going to that school are going to enter your mind and destroy your teen memories right? No? Doesn't matter then
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By Sambambo

Where do I sign to close it?

MostlyBearded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MostlyBearded
@DrPockets000 said: 

" You're overreacting, I'm sorry.  I attended high school with grades K-12 all in the same building.  I lived.   "

@SuperSambo said:
" Where do I sign to close it? "
fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fRAWRst

CAN I SIGN A PETITION TO HAVE THIS MANS MEMORIES WIPED?

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sabata
@PaxRomana: You're fucking stupid.  An entire school used for only 2 grades is a waste of space and money.
PaxRomana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PaxRomana
@FancySoapsMan said:
" so did anyone actually sign it "
18 people here so far. Thanks everyone! Keep the signatures coming!
pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By pplus0440

oh no! i feel for this kid! Just kidding. If you school educated you as poorly that you come to a low populated video game website forum for help keeping young people in a separate building as your old high school they should shut that place down and apologize to the community for graduating as many idiots as they did into the work force. And wtf are you talking about for half of that post? sexual endevors? communism? lay off the drugs ...
Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zimbo

At my old school you could start at  the nursery department (4 years oldish) and progress all the way to sixth form (18-19 years). I don't really see the problem here. The government seems like it is actually doing the right thing judging from what you wrote.