I hate my mum. Anyone else?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By zeforgotten
@SamStrife said:

@ZeForgotten: Not really, dude show grow up and realise that a little bit of helping goes a long way. I don't think the abuse thrown it him is in any way justified though. Do you honestly think all the names he's being called and all the abuse he's been thrown is fit for the crime he's committed?

Also in this day and age 18 is still a kid.

Insults are fine if they don't go beyond "acting like a spoiled brat". some comments have gone beyond that for sure but still the rest of those comments are fine when they say he should try acting his age for once and either help out at home or just move out and get his own place since he's so tired of being told everything 4 times in a row(because he didn't listen the first 3 times). Though I'm not sure he could make it on his own but who knows? 
Avatar image for alianthaberries
AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By AlianthaBerries

My mum prefers her chickens to me

I miss chicken meat

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By SamStrife

@ZeForgotten: And I'm not having a go at people who are calling him a spoiled brat (even though that may be a bit harsh considering the situation he's in, it doesn't exactly sound like his mum's a saint.) There seems too be a lot of people in this thread who have become un-proportionally angry to the situation and you've got to wonder if they're talking like this on a god damn video game message board, are they any less childish than the OP?

The answer is no, they're not btw.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By zeforgotten
@SamStrife said:

@ZeForgotten: And I'm not having a go at people who are calling him a spoiled brat (even though that may be a bit harsh considering the situation he's in, it doesn't exactly sound like his mum's a saint.) There seems too be a lot of people in this thread who have become un-proportionally angry to the situation and you've got to wonder if they're talking like this on a god damn video game message board, are they any less childish than the OP?

The answer is no, they're not btw.

Stop talking to yourself! You sound insane. 

And he's angry at her so I'm pretty sure most of what he wrote is exaggerated a bit. 
Not saying it's not true but it's probably not that bad.  
And if it is then he should just pack his shit and move out and it will help both of them !  

'sigh' all I'm saying is... 

:P
SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By SamStrife

Sometimes likes to talk in the third person, as well as to himself.

Yes, there's obvious bias and exaggeration in the OP's favor because that's how people are. He obviously isn't lying about anything though and if she has said those things over relatively little situations then she's obviously to blame as well...

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#206  Edited By impartialgecko

@SamStrife: Maybe this kid and his mum should get some counseling rather than him searching for justification on the internet? Whoever is to blame, you can't stop people from voicing their opinions if someone opens their life up for comments.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By SamStrife

@adam1808: No of course you can't stop people from commenting. But no one should be throwing the abuse that some people in this thread are. It makes them appear just as bad as they perceive the OP to be and it's ridiculous.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By cookiemonster

It sounds like you don't respect your mum at all.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209  Edited By deanoxd

Not knowing you or you mother it sounds to me that she is a single parent which my understanding can be very difficult so maybe you should make more of a effort to understand her and her well being, and maybe the both of you need to get some professional help to make things better between you both.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Hunkulese
@ItBeStefYo How is she taking away your chance at an education? Most people stop acting like whiny kids when they're start university and move out and learn how to support themselves or at the very least get a job. You're super lucky to have a parent willing to pay for your education and I you're living in her house leeching after her it only makes sense you'd follow her rules. Stop being a baby and perhaps she'll stop treating you like one.
impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#211  Edited By impartialgecko

@SamStrife: I think it's an issue of how the OP presents himself. When I see "I hate my mum. Anyone else?" I immediately think of what an insufferable kid I was to my parents and the fact that I'm pretty ashamed of that. If he hadn't told us in detail how he told his mum to shut up, something I'd say is disrespectful regardless of who you're talking to, and that if he was a parent he'd never do this that and the other doesn't throw him in a good light.

Maybe his mum really is a piece of work, maybe he's a brat. I don't know but my window into this situation has been coloured in a way that doesn't make our OP look good.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By BradBrains

My mom is awesome, never tried to force religion on me, was not homophobic or racist. Was I the only one with parents who were not crazy?

@BraveToaster said:

How dare she get angry because you're too lazy to do chores.

also this.

epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#213  Edited By epgpx

@Meltac said:

Beat her with a shovel. ... and if that doesn't help, take an extra swing at her.

rofl. This is too funny, i'm literally crying. I cannot stop laughing.

"she went in a huff with me, refused to feed me" hilarious. best thread ever.

ps. in no way am I being disrespectful to his mother by laughing at these cruel jokes. shes his mother and she has every right doing whatever it is shes doing to him despite her faults. one never disrespects their parents. never......but this post and that she refused to feed me bit sent me into a gigfest frenzy.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By SamStrife

@adam1808: That's true, the OP could have done a far better job of not painting himself as this ungrateful kid.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#216  Edited By CL60
@Darkstalker Nah, my mother isn't crazy. The only times I've seen her get legit angry was when a friend of my brother drove home drunk, my brother stole my dads 2 pistols that he loved and sold them for weed, and when one of my brothers friends beat a snake against the side of my house and blood was everywhere. Seems they all had to do with my brother. Hmm.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#217  Edited By mracoon

You can criticise the OP if you want but there's no need for personal insults. Let's keep things civil otherwise I'm going to lock this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mracoon said:

You can criticise the OP if you want but there's no need for personal insults. Let's keep things civil otherwise I'm going to lock this thread.

I'm not in favor of harsh moderation, but to be honest, I don't see anything constructive coming out of this thread. So maybe it would be best if it was just closed.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@SamStrife: I just want to point out and just realised that my mum does this, she pushed away my dad, she pushed away her sister and now she's pushing away me. She's become unreasonable and insufferable.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Baillie

@ItBeStefYo: It sounds like you're insufferable. Go cook your own food.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By SamStrife

@ItBeStefYo: You don't need to point that out to me dude, I understand that it works both ways and that you're not the ungrateful, spoiled brat some people in this thread are calling you out as. All I was saying is you didn't exactly put yourself in the best light with your wording.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By supamon

Sure my mom can get a little like what OP says but at the end of the day my mom is still my mother. There's no amount of repayment I can do to return the years my mom has taken care of me.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#223  Edited By MoonlightMoth
LD50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By LD50

Get used to it. Wait till you get a job and see how much fun that shit is.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#225  Edited By Deranged

Quit being a little pretentious brat. She's doing everything for you. Paying for your education, feeding you on a daily basis, and you can't even help her around the house once in a while? That's sad and did you really tell your own mother to Shut up? You can't be bloody serious right now...

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#226  Edited By Captain_Insano

Given that you said 'mum' instead of 'mom' I am going to assume that you are from either Aus, NZ, or the UK.

In which case if you're in Aus or NZ then don't worry and whinge, the govt will give you an interest free loan that you have forever to pay off.

Otherwise look at other options for loans but mainly help out a bit more and stop being a teenager, your mum will not really not pay for your uni unless you are being a complete dick, so for her to bring it up, I'm assuming you are being very much a teenager right now. That's your perogative, but it is also hers to tell you this (let's assume for the sake of relevance that your name is 'Vince', if it is not, I dub you that name for now):

twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By twillfast

@crazyleaves said:

When she's gone there will be nothing left but tears, trust me on this one.

This man speaks the truth.

When you're older, working full time (maybe more) for a shit sum of money, coming home at 6pm to an apartment that needs cleaning, dirty laundry, food that needs cooking, kids that need attention (but get annoyed when you talk to them).. you ask them to do the dishes and they reply "shut up" . . . mmh . . . you think you'll be calm as a breeze, but eventually it will be the proverbial last straw. Then you'll realize that it wasn't your mom who was the asshole.. it was you.

You can't fathom the emptiness that's left when she's gone.

Basically, you need to man up, treat your mom with respect and realize that she's not some kind of a robot. I bet it hurts her more than anything to hear you tell her to shut up.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Baillie: I did.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By betterboulder

I've had a great relationship with my mom so I can't really sympathize with you.

I know I'm probably the 50th person to have a bit of a go at you but locking you out in the rain is just a silly occurring when you realize there are moms fathoms worse than what you could even comprehend. All she want's you to do is the dishes. Be glad she doesn't throw empty liquor bottles at you. And perhaps she is a bit ill-tempered; you're still her kid so maybe if you applied the honey instead of the vinegar you'd get some different reactions out of her.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@TheSouthernDandy said:

My moms is awesome. She made up a rap song about the damn cat. It was simultaneously the best/worst thing ever.

Is it weird that I want to hang out with your mom?

pekarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By pekarn

Everything that needs to be said in this thread has already been said by someone else. So I have nothing to add.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#232  Edited By DoctorWelch

You're what?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Scrawnto

My mom is pretty great. When I was a kid, she rocked at Donkey Kong Country, and she played a pretty mean Sabrewulf in Killer Instinct. She played WoW for years, had at least three level 80 characters, and was main healer for her guild before she quit. She was also the primary earner for our family of five. So no complaints from me. I was never one to get in fights with my parents.

Your mom does sound sort of juvenile, but that means you should talk to her like she was a child. By that, I mean not condescending. Children fucking hate that. And don't tell her to shut up either. Acknowledge her grievance, confirm that you understand how that makes her feel, and then explain why you didn't get around to it. "You're right. I didn't do the washing up, and I know how frustrating that is for you. I would have done it, but I've got loads of schoolwork piled up and I just didn't have the time." The least you can do is be patient. The moment you snap back, you've lost.

If that doesn't work, there's always student loans.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

My moms is awesome. She made up a rap song about the damn cat. It was simultaneously the best/worst thing ever.

Not as long as there's no ulterior motives..

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Don't worry. Before you know it, your parents will be dead. Then you can par-tay!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#236  Edited By Dagbiker

@ItBeStefYo said:

I just really dislike her as a person. Stubborn, callous and impertinent.

Just today she locked me out of the house in the pouring rain because I didn't do the washing up. She doesnt listen at all to what I say and says what she thinks over and over, when I told her to shut up after her telling me what to do for the fourth time she went in a huff with me, refused to feed me and threatened to not pay for my university fees.

What the fuck kind of parenting is this? Blackmail and neglect for stupid fucking petty things. Taking power-trips all the fucking time.

sorry about this, but I'm angry... can't wait to get out. Anyone know how to deal with this sort of person, or any experiences to share?

PS:

I just want to say to everyone that is basically having a go at me, I would NEVER threaten to take away my child's chance at an education and blackmailing them is just immoral. She's told me to go and live with my father and to fuck off I suppose you would do that to your kids too? Maybe my ideals are fucked up though, who knows.

Anyone calling me lazy is dead wrong, I spend all day at a summer course, and get a ton of assignments, presentations and essays to write, not sitting on my ass all day with a ton of free time.

I Kinda understand what your saying, Let me think/type it through...

I just got home from my grandparents house. My grandpa runs a stock trading company that I own a part of. He gave his children. One of them my mom a part of because he wanted them to have somthing when he died. He also gave Me and all my 21 cousins, a part of a limited partnership.

He makes 1.5 Million dollars a year. Works from 6 to 3. His work mostly consists of buying and trading stocks. He has a personal secretary.

Having said that...

He is an asshole. He can never let anything go. He can never keep his mouth shut. And he always has to make a comment. Every year its the same jokes. "Are the barbers on strike" and something about be being fat. He has more money then he knows what to do with, and buys Jaguars off of Ebay.

But...

He is Family, and blood is thick.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By TheHumanDove

...And he gave you part of his million dollar company. I'd let my gramps beat me with a cane every once in a while if I got a taste of that sweet sweet pie

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Oh, no no no! Your mother just seems like a lovely individual. Know what I'm sayin'?

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Oh, no no no! Your mother just seems like a lovely individual. Know what I'm sayin'?

You shut your mouth! You shut your goddamn mouth!

JohnnyAutoFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By JohnnyAutoFire

I'm currently a student living in a dorm room, and I don't get to see my family as much as I want to anymore. I kind of find it hard to sympathize with you, since I miss being able to see everyone back home. Don't take your family for granted. And you really shouldn't talk shit about your mom. Regardless of what she did to you, it just makes you look bad.

Avatar image for izbaadin_islamabad
Izbaadin_Islamabad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ItBeStefYo said:

Are you studying cartography or 18th-century agrarian businesses or something?

theANCIENTgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By theANCIENTgray

I disagree with my mom and dad's religious views but I don't think I have it in me to hate them.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Izbaadin_Islamabad: Physics & Engineering, Sociology & criminology and basic university academic skills.

Avatar image for izbaadin_islamabad
Izbaadin_Islamabad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ItBeStefYo said:

@Izbaadin_Islamabad: Physics & Engineering, Sociology & criminology and basic university academic skills.

So, CSI: Unemployment?

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#245  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

My mom and I fought a ton when I was a teenager. I thought she was the devil when I was 16 or so. Now I'm 27 and I can't imagine a world without her.

Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Roflwaffles

Doesn't have to pay rent...doesn't have to pay tuition...doesn't have to pay for anything actually...doesn't have to work...gets to play a lot of videogames...HAS TO CLEAN THE DISHES?!! Your life sounds terrible OP, if I were you I would just kill myself.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#247  Edited By TehFlan

Yeah, she doesn't seem to be parenting super well, but it's not like she's obligated to pay for your education. Be thankful she's doing it, and don't complain when she asks you to do some chores, especially if you don't have a job.

To answer your question: No, I don't hate my mom. I love her, and even if we didn't get along as well as we do, I would still respect her, because raising a kid is hard.

theANCIENTgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By theANCIENTgray

OP it sounds like both of you aren't willing to see the other person's point of view on things and are coming to blows because of that mutual callousness. I'd recommend sitting down with her and starting with apologizing. If she doesn't try and level with you after disarming her then at least you don't have the guilt on your conscious that you haven't tried to see things her way.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#249  Edited By Simplexity

You know, at least your mom didn't borrow 2000 dollars from you for then to disappear into thin air to escape her mountain of debt.

It was my fault though in fairness I should have known better.

championfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By championfetus

You have two choices:

A. Pay for your own schooling and erase her from your life.

B. Continue to have her pay it and put up with her bullshit.