I hate when songs get stuck in my head...forcing me to buy them.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By Bruce

(Consider this a replacement for my weekly music blog) Now, I'm fully aware that Tegan and Sara aren't the greatest artists that I could be listening to at the moment, but I just can't stop listening to this fucking song. I think it's a combination of (I don't know which one is which, so forgive me; they're twins) the lead vocal, with that minimalist piano backing it. The video is ehh, only note-worthy because both of them stole Kim's haircut from Matt and Kim. Battle of the duos!

Anyway, I guess I should bring up Passion Pit. Ok, so remember when Justice was made out to be the next Daft Punk? And the whole thing fell on its ass? Well, Passion Pit have drawn several comparisons to the older Daft Punk stuff, such as their nineties album "Homework", but they remind me way more of the electro-based MGMT stuff with a bit of Hot Chip catchiness thrown in.

Aside from identical twins and weird electro groups, I was able to track down St. Vincent's first album, "Marry Me", which is just as epic as "Actor". When I went to Manhattan for one of my Tattoo appointments, I could have sworn that I saw her riding her bike down by the Lower East Side. While I wanted to start singing "YOU'RE A SUPPLEMENT, YOU'RE A SALVE; YOU'RE A BANDAGE, PULL IT OFF." to see her response, I decided against it. Anyway, she easily crept her way into my top ten favorite albums list, which now consists of: (In no particular order)

1. Turn on the Bright Lights - Interpol
2. Actor - St. Vincent
3. Funeral - Arcade Fire (Neon Bible is trasssssssh)
4. Discovery - Daft Punk
5. London Calling - The Clash
6. Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
7. Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division
8. The Best of Roxy Music - Roxy Music (I'm thinking of switching this out with another album, can't decide which. I have a ton of others that I like just as much)
9. The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground
10. The Smiths - The Smiths/Queen is Dead

For a little update on my Tattoo ad pics: The artist never emailed them to me, and I think it's because I wrote my email down quickly and it may have been hard to properly read. My arm is almost fully healed, so I'll get some good pics eventually.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Bruce

(Consider this a replacement for my weekly music blog) Now, I'm fully aware that Tegan and Sara aren't the greatest artists that I could be listening to at the moment, but I just can't stop listening to this fucking song. I think it's a combination of (I don't know which one is which, so forgive me; they're twins) the lead vocal, with that minimalist piano backing it. The video is ehh, only note-worthy because both of them stole Kim's haircut from Matt and Kim. Battle of the duos!

Anyway, I guess I should bring up Passion Pit. Ok, so remember when Justice was made out to be the next Daft Punk? And the whole thing fell on its ass? Well, Passion Pit have drawn several comparisons to the older Daft Punk stuff, such as their nineties album "Homework", but they remind me way more of the electro-based MGMT stuff with a bit of Hot Chip catchiness thrown in.

Aside from identical twins and weird electro groups, I was able to track down St. Vincent's first album, "Marry Me", which is just as epic as "Actor". When I went to Manhattan for one of my Tattoo appointments, I could have sworn that I saw her riding her bike down by the Lower East Side. While I wanted to start singing "YOU'RE A SUPPLEMENT, YOU'RE A SALVE; YOU'RE A BANDAGE, PULL IT OFF." to see her response, I decided against it. Anyway, she easily crept her way into my top ten favorite albums list, which now consists of: (In no particular order)

1. Turn on the Bright Lights - Interpol
2. Actor - St. Vincent
3. Funeral - Arcade Fire (Neon Bible is trasssssssh)
4. Discovery - Daft Punk
5. London Calling - The Clash
6. Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
7. Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division
8. The Best of Roxy Music - Roxy Music (I'm thinking of switching this out with another album, can't decide which. I have a ton of others that I like just as much)
9. The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground
10. The Smiths - The Smiths/Queen is Dead

For a little update on my Tattoo ad pics: The artist never emailed them to me, and I think it's because I wrote my email down quickly and it may have been hard to properly read. My arm is almost fully healed, so I'll get some good pics eventually.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Heh. I love Tegan and Sara and Passion Pit. One of the things I like about having the Zune Pass is that I can just download pretty much whatever I want whenever. Very convenient.

Little Secrets and Eyes as Candles are my favorite Passion Pit songs. The other ones don't really seem to have the same energy to me.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bruce
@Jayge:

Shame that they're type-casted as a Lesbian oriented group when their lyrics never even deal with sexuality.
Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Moeez

Hehe, I only just started hearing JUSTICE from right now playing GTA IV.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5  Edited By JamesF

I like that list.

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By phlegms

You should stitch the number 1 and number 10 around on your list and then it would be pretty good.

realfunfuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By realfunfuneral

Don't mind me, I've just been bumbling around the forums and spotted this. Nothin' wrong with a bit of Tegan and Sara. The Con is a really good album but I think So Jealous is my favourite. It's the one I come back to the most anyway. As for songs getting stuck in your head, I've had Pat Benatar's Heartbreaker in my head for days and I'm starting to go a bit mental now.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bruce
@phlegms:

I said "NO PARTICULAR ORDER".
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I didn't like that Tegan and Sara song at first, but I just let it play and now ITS STUCK IN MY HEAD TOO!

Thanks for nothing Bruce.

Those other guys were pretty cool too, though.

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By phlegms
@Bruce: But it should still be at number one regardless.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bruce
@Dr_Feelgood38:

It's so fucking good, and I don't know why >_<
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By c1337us

I don't buy songs that are stuck in my end. I try to force it out with an even catchier song. It's a vicious cycle.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheMustacheHero

They look like 7 year old rednecks with their pre-mullet mullets!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_
@Bruce said:
" @Dr_Feelgood38: It's so fucking good, and I don't know why >_< "
Because they're almost too adorable.
sept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sept

You know what's better? Polvo.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bruce
@Jayge:

It's the Matt and Kim effect.
JasonBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JasonBlood

Check out Bang! Bang! Eche! I think you'd really dig 'em

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Fbomb
@Jayge said:
" Heh. I love Tegan and Sara and Passion Pit. One of the things I like about having the Zune Pass is that I can just download pretty much whatever I want whenever. Very convenient.

Little Secrets and Eyes as Candles are my favorite Passion Pit songs. The other ones don't really seem to have the same energy to me.
"
Wish they had Zune Pass in Canada. I used to have Yahoo Unlimited until they disabled it in Canada (plus, they merged with Rhapsody, and Rhapsody doesn't provide subscriptions to Canada either...)
anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By anarchyzombie9

Passion Pit....so badass.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By harrisonave
@Bruce: Hmmm... your top ten albums seems to look a lot like mine, with the exception of a few.  St. Vincent wedged right in between Turn On the Bright Lights and Funeral, wow.  Those are both albums I adore but I wasn't too crazy about what I've heard of St. Vincent, though I do like a few of her songs well enough.  I suppose I just might have to give her album a listen.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bruce
@Artemis_D:

I don't really put my albums in any order. Those are just the ten that I love the most.
harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By harrisonave
@Bruce: Yeah, I just caught that.  The Smiths and Interpol are a definite in my top ten.  I'd also have to add The Rubber Factory by The Black Keys, Shadows on the Sun by Brother Ali (Don't know if you're much of a hip-hop fan...), Change by The Dismemberment Plan and probably Give Up by The Postal Service. 

Those albums are a big part of what I am, today.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RsistncE
@Bruce: Who BUYS songs? Suckers, that's who.