I just want to let everyone know I'm happy they're safe today.

• 113 results
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jNerd

So I thought maybe we could all share something that has made us happy today. (:

I just downloaded Steam for the first time today, because Indie Game The Movie is $4.99, and I really want to listen to the Super Meat Boy commentary.

What has the lovely GB community been up to today? I'm sincerely happy that you're all well & safe. Share with me what has made you smile today.

It'd be nice if everyone would keep it appropriate please & thank you.

-and may the force be with you.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By falserelic

No man can be that happy. Even Jesus wasn't that happy.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By crazyleaves

Good lookin' out.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jNerd

@crazyleaves said:

Good lookin' out.

I want to let people know I'm happy to see that they're happy.

What've you been up to buddy? Anything make you smile today?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy today because I started watching Downton Abbey and I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jNerd

@Soapy86 said:

I'm happy today because I started watching Downton Abbey and I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

That's awesome Soapy. What's Downtown Abbey about? I'm unfamiliar.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By FilipHolm

The first cut in a fresh piece of contruction paper.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jNerd

@FilipHolm said:

Hahaha, was that today? or just in general? Because now I want to go cut up some construction paper & make little South Park stylized superheroes. (:

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FilipHolm

@jNerd said:

@FilipHolm said:

Hahaha, was that today? or just in general? Because now I want to go cut up some construction paper & make little South Park stylized superheroes. (:

Just in general :), it's a Family Guy reference bro ;)

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Zombie_

@falserelic said:

Incorrect! A man on enough morphine will be happy as a fucking clown.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jNerd

@FilipHolm said:

@jNerd said:

@FilipHolm said:

Lmao! I knew I recognized that from somewhere! I didn't want to Google it & cheat. ;D

@zombiebigfoot said:

@falserelic said:

OR medical marijuana! :D

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Dixego

Today I did nothing. And it makes me sad. But your post made me smile, so now it's cool.

Thanks, duder.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaptainObvious

Played some Binary Domain, it's fucking awesome.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TruthTellah

I went to the doctor today, got blood drawn, and received some allergy medicine which will hopefully help. heh. An exciting day indeed. Been able to watch some Major League Gaming StarCraft II Spring Arena today, as well. That has been fun.

Been really interested today by all of the discussion regarding the shooting. In light of it, I hope to get to go to see "The Dark Knight Rises" sometime in the next week. I've been looking forward to it, and it is my personal belief that violence and extremism should never dictate your life. Madmen won't run our lives or limit our happiness.

Glad you're safe, too, duder. You have a good week.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Zombie_

@jNerd: See, this man knows his drugs!

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jNerd

@Dixego said:

Today I did nothing. And it makes me sad. But your post made me smile, so now it's cool.

Thanks, duder.

That makes me feel like a good duder, thanks Dixego. Do you have any plans for the rest of the day? You could get your game on!

@CaptainObvious said:

Played some Binary Domain, it's fucking awesome.

I have a rental pass, would you recommend Binary Domain? I would only play the single-player.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By falserelic

Click the image if you want to see someone to happy...

No Caption Provided
FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FilipHolm

@jNerd said:

@FilipHolm said:

@jNerd said:

@FilipHolm said:

Lmao! I knew I recognized that from somewhere! I didn't want to Google it & cheat. ;D

@zombiebigfoot said:

@falserelic said:

OR medical marijuana! :D

Oh stop it, doesn't have to be medical to make you happy as shit.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CaptainObvious

@jNerd: The single player is the meat and bones of this game, I highly recommend it.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dixego

@jNerd: I'm probably gonna lurk the GiantBomb forums for the rest of the night. But I'm OK with that.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Tesla

I went to the batting cages with a few friends today, and there was a women softball team there practicing.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Justin258

I mowed the lawn for my great grandmother this morning, watched Pulp Fiction with my brother, ate pizza, got on forums, played Torchlight, now I'm back on forums, and now I've got a good mind to leave them again and finish off Doom 3.

So, yeah, not really a bad day. My college called and e-mailed me to kindly tell me that I need to give them some money when they've thus far not even so much as warned me that it's past due, which kind of pissed me off but kind of is my own fault because I knew the due date for next semester's fees were coming up anyway; this just brings it to the forefront of my mind.

Here's a good question: Why is it that we can list all of the positive things we've done today in one sentence but feel like taking up the same space to tell only one negative thing?

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By dooscent

Someone I work with who I kind of was friends with quit yesterday, and I was bummed out.

But then I stole commandeered her computer, and went from a shitty Windows XP 'puter that hasn't been updated since around 2002, to a relatively decent system with Windows 7. It's like I went into the future! 2010! I told the computer to do things. AND THEN IT DID THEM.

I WAS SO HAPPY.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Zombie_

@FilipHolm: True, but medical makes you more happy.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@falserelic said:

You can be, when you're high. OP seems like a good duder.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jNerd

@TruthTellah said:

I went to the doctor today, got blood drawn, and received some allergy medicine which will hopefully help. heh. An exciting day indeed. Been able to watch some Major League Gaming StarCraft II Spring Arena today, as well. That has been fun.

Been really interested today by all of the discussion regarding the shooting. In light of it, I hope to get to go to see "The Dark Knight Rises" sometime in the next week. I've been looking forward to it, and it is my personal belief that violence and extremism should never dictate your life. Madmen won't run our lives or limit our happiness.

We as the human race can only counteract extreme violence with extreme kindness & concern for one another. (:

I really want to go see TDKR too, I Googled which theaters can properly show it, there are only two in my state. lol

What do you have allergies too? My gf has SUPER allergies. I set her pills out for her everyday. (:

& on a smaller note: you're braver then I good sir. I've never had blood drawn. I hope to overcome my fear & donate sometime soon.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By VisariLoyalist

@falserelic said:

I always imagined jesus as somewhat depressed at the sad state of humanity but I guess I'm just a downer sort of person

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FilipHolm

@zombiebigfoot said:

That's like... so deep man...

@jNerd said:

@TruthTellah said:

We as the human race can only counteract extreme violence with extreme kindness & concern for one another. (:

I really want to go see TDKR too, I Googled which theaters can properly show it, there are only two in my state. lol

What do you have allergies too? My gf has SUPER allergies. I set her pills out for her everyday. (:

& on a smaller note: you're braver then I good sir. I've never had blood drawn. I hope to overcome my fear & donate sometime soon.

I like this thread, let's all cyber-hug.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By falserelic

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@falserelic said:

He is a good dude a happy one. If the world was coming to an end he will still be happy. He is the most happiest man in the universe. I love you OP! share your happiness with the world.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Zombie_

@FilipHolm: So fucking deep.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@falserelic said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@falserelic said:

He is a good dude a happy one. If the world was coming to an end he will still be happy. He is the most happiest man in the universe. I love you OP! share your happiness with the world.

Mission accomplished.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jNerd

@CaptainObvious said:

@jNerd: The single player is the meat and bones of this game, I highly recommend it.

Sweet, I'll definitely give it a try as soon as I finish Max Payne 3. Thanks for sharing duder, I would've never played it without your recommendation@Dixego said:

@jNerd: I'm probably gonna lurk the GiantBomb forums for the rest of the night. But I'm OK with that.

That sounds like a good night to me. (: Thanks for being kind enough to post. I just wanted to lighten the spirits around here & I feel like this has been a positive experience so far.

Then again we're only on page 2. (;

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TruthTellah

@jNerd said:

@TruthTellah said:

Agreed. Fire only adds to fire, but attempting to defuse fire can make progress.

I'm sure it'll be fine at whatever theater you see it. Should be a big screen though. ;)

I just have seasonal allergies, and they were checking on if anything else might be wrong(been having a consistent headache following my surgery three weeks ago). Hopefully it's just some allergies or poor sleep. Seems like that's likely.

You should donate your blood! Heck, volunteer to be a bone marrow donor, too! It's cool. I've given as a volunteer and sometimes just as part of them doing tests. It's not too bad. It can really help people out; so, check it out. :)

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jNerd

@Tesla said:

I went to the batting cages with a few friends today, and there was a women softball team there practicing.

Hahaha, I thought you said BATTLING cages. I was definitely excited for you to elaborate! :P

It's the simple things in life... (: lol

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShaggE

I just woke up a couple of hours ago (trying to undo the sleep schedule screwup from my last bout of insomnia), but spending time with my rats always makes me happy, so tonight is off to a good start.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dixego

@jNerd: How could I not post, when you're such a nice guy!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By napalm

I bought some water and milk. I was out of toasted honey oat cereal. I bought two boxes, and had two big bowls, and chugged the honey-sweet milk afterwards. That made my day.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jNerd

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@falserelic said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@falserelic said:

Mission accomplished.

Awwwwwwww........ (: I have a great group of friends from GiantBomb on Google+. We have a great chatroom (Messenger/Huddle) called Duder Island.

I feel like I enjoy my time with them so much, we've become such good friends, I forget to come to the forums sometimes.

@ShaggE said:

I just woke up a couple of hours ago (trying to undo the sleep schedule screwup from my last bout of insomnia), but spending time with my rats always makes me happy, so tonight is off to a good start.

That's great, at least you have nice pets, what are there names? I've never had rats, when I was younger I had a mischievous hamster. lol

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By _Zombie_

On-topic though, my day has been spent cleaning on-and-off while blasting music. It's meh.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CaptainObvious

@jNerd: No problem man, just make sure to play at least the first hour to get the story really going.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dixego

@jNerd: Oohh, can I join Duder Island?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TruthTellah

@FilipHolm said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@jNerd said:

@TruthTellah said:

*hug*

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By falserelic

I'll post what made me actually happy today. This mourning I bought the game syndicate, and I've been having fun playing it. Its like dues ex meets mirrors edge. Its pretty much corporate thuggin....

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nonused

My black heart seethes in bearing witness to this merriment. I hiss in response.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NegativeCero

This also made me smile. I hope everyone is having a nice day too. I went to the doctor today and enjoyed rain that gave a break from the heat.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BraveToaster

Today I found out that I'm eligible for a grant. "Free" money is something to be happy about.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jNerd

@believer258 said:

I mowed the lawn for my great grandmother this morning, watched Pulp Fiction with my brother, ate pizza, got on forums, played Torchlight, now I'm back on forums, and now I've got a good mind to leave them again and finish off Doom 3.

So, yeah, not really a bad day. My college called and e-mailed me to kindly tell me that I need to give them some money when they've thus far not even so much as warned me that it's past due, which kind of pissed me off but kind of is my own fault because I knew the due date for next semester's fees were coming up anyway; this just brings it to the forefront of my mind.

Here's a good question: Why is it that we can list all of the positive things we've done today in one sentence but feel like taking up the same space to tell only one negative thing?

Because we're so happy all the time, we stop appreciating how great things truly are, so we notice the unbalance more then just appreciating how great life usually is.

It always makes me feel great to help out my Grandma. (: I never finished Doom 3 - I had a hard time finding all the PDAs.@zombiebigfoot said:

On-topic though, my day has been spent cleaning on-and-off while blasting music. It's meh.

It always feels good once you're finished cleaning, you get to sit back & admire all your hard work.

Is the music keeping you happy? (:

@CaptainObvious said:

@jNerd: No problem man, just make sure to play at least the first hour to get the story really going.

Done! I'll give it an hour to get good. (: What's your favorite part of the game? Is it a game-play feature or plot point?

@Dixego said:

@jNerd: How could I not post, when you're such a nice guy!

I was a little worried this thread was going to turn into a troll-fest. (: Thanks for being constructive. (:

@Napalm said:

I bought some water and milk. I was out of toasted honey oat cereal. I bought two boxes, and had two big bowls, and chugged the honey-sweet milk afterwards. That made my day.

The sugary milk at the bottom of a bowl of cereal is one of life's simple pleasures! A++++

P.S. I just tried out chocolate Cheerios for the first time. I give them an A- (;

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jNerd

@FilipHolm said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@jNerd said:

@TruthTellah said:

Super down for a duder group-hug!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ShaggE

@jNerd said:

That's great, at least you have nice pets, what are there names? I've never had rats, when I was younger I had a mischievous hamster. lol

Mavis and Prudence. (named after Mavis Beacon, because lol, and "Dear Prudence", because we always have to coax her to leave the cage, haha) I'm a first-time rat owner, but I'm hooked. :D

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jNerd

@Dixego said:

@jNerd: Oohh, can I join Duder Island?

You have to meet our qualifications. (;

What's your G+. PM me! :D

@TruthTellah said:

@FilipHolm said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@jNerd said:

@TruthTellah said:

*hug*

THIS MADE MY DAY!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! Look how happy Bane's eyes look!!!!!