• 122 results
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By JB16

Am I the only person in the world that actually like the Star Wars prequels? I mean it seems like everyone on the internet universally hate the star wars prequels. Okay granted episode I was kind of dumb, but II and III were great. I mean I love how the story was much more politically driven with different factions seemingly fighting for control all at the same time. The Jedi, the Republic, and the Separatist all struggling for influence and for their ideals. I mean sure Anakin got a little whiny at times, but still the moral dilemmas that he was struggling through were deeply engrossing. Also I like how the supposedly "evil" seperatist were right all along about the Republic being rife with corruption, and the fact that they were unwitting pawns that Chancellor  Palpatine used to further increase his power. Its pretty ironic that the Republic ultimately caused its own downfall rather than the sepratists themselves.

Many people say George Lucas ruined Star Wars once he created the prequels, but I honestly think he did a great job at expanding the Star wars universe....but he should be ashamed for creating Jar Jar Binks.

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SBYM

Dude, no you don't.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

Man this thread is gonna get destroyed by Star Wars nerds

Anyway, I agree with you man, I even considered starting a thread like this a while ago

The old ones are alot better, but the prequels are pretty damn entertaining, and I even liked Jar Jar Binks :D

It pisses me off that some people, like the post above mine, don't let you like the movies and say that our opinion is wrong

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By flaminghobo

The first two films are muddled pieces of film with the third being a decent set up to the three better films. Though, personally, I've never particularly cared for the Star Wars films myself.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

It's not like they're the worst movies in the world, but they aren't up to par with the original three either. They're not even close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Plan 9 From Outer-space is better! ;-)

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By WickedCestus

I used to believe this, and didn't understand why people hated the movies so bad. And then I watched Episode III again, and about ten minutes in I still hadn't heard a single line that wasn't cringe-worthy.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By benjaebe

The original trilogy will always be better, but at least the prequels are something nice to look at. I really liked Ewan McGregor, but Hayden Christiansen (sp?) and Natalie Portman got really dragged down by horrible scriptwriting and a shitty romance story.
Basically they aren't bad movies, they're just bad Star Wars movies.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Taken on their own merits, they are quite enjoyable fantasy/action movies. But compared to the original trilogy they are very, very poor. But I'm OK with that. I never expected them to be up to the standards of the original films, and I can enjoy them for what they are.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By babblinmule

The original 3 are of course better, but Ive always been of the opinion that Episode 3 is damn close to their level. 

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Chocobodude3
@Venatio: Wait? You liked Jar Jar Binks?
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zeforgotten

Compared to the original they're not that good, but I enjoyed them too and I'm a huge Star Wars geek.  
Only thing different about me is that I don't have to lie about it just to be popular among the so called "fans" that don't even have the original cuts on the VHS'. 

Also, hating on Jar Jar is like hating on Deekin.  
Then again what do you expect from a community that has a page for Jar Jar and not Deekin. 
Fucking teenagers

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Dany

third one was good, other two are not star wars film but are kinda ok

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Venatio said:

" Man this thread is gonna get destroyed by Star Wars nerds  Anyway, I agree with you man, I even considered starting a thread like this a while ago  The old ones are alot better, but the prequels are pretty damn entertaining, and I even liked Jar Jar Binks :D  It pisses me off that some people, like the post above mine, don't let you like the movies and say that our opinion is wrong "

Star Wars nerd here. I really don't have a problem with people saying they like the prequels. Taken on their own, they are totally serviceable, its just the fact that they are supposed to be the continuation of one of the greatest film sagas of all time that really makes them disappointing. Although you said you liked Jar Jar, which in my mind is basically an unforgivable crime against humanity.
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By IBurningStar

Episode III is OK. I and II are...well, how about we just say that I have seen SyFy channel originals with better acting, plotting, character development, and action sequences.

Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I thought Ep. 1 and 2 were weak, but generally what I expect from a movie (i.e. something that sucks).  Episode 3 was actually a fairly engaging story, though, and although it didn't exactly have a "happy ending", I still thought it was worth seeing.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Skald

Problems I had with Episode I: 

• The Plot 
  • The Characters 
  • Midi-chlorians  
  • Jar-Jar Binks 
  • Jar-Jar Binks 
  • Jar-Jar Binks 

It's a bad movie and a terrible prequel.
Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

The battle at the end of Ep.2 is good and most of Ep.3 is pretty good too if you skip past all the Anakin/Padame bullcrap.  The story was good but it was delivered so poorly, especially Ep.1 where you could see Lucas thinking about all the money he'd make from toy sales so he felt the need to dumb it right down.

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hexx462

Re title this thread: Hey Guys I Have Horrible Taste!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Episodes 1 and 2 were very badly written and poorly planned out.  Episode 3 was a lot better because it had clear focus and Lucas knew what needed to be done with it.  Overall, I think they would have benefited greatly if Lucas had simply written the original script.. and then passed it off to others to make changes and input their own idea.  It's all been said a thousand times before, but it was plainly obvious nobody on the production team wanted to question Lucas or even point out things that might be a bad idea..  And the movies clearly suffered because of this. 

And this is part of the reason I think the Clone Wars TV show has been much better.  Lucas has involvement in it, he comes up with many of the ideas and is even responsible for creating some of the new characters, like Cad Bane.  But he doesn't write the actual scripts, and that's lead to some of the best moments in Star Wars ever.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By FreakAche

Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith are at least decent. Attack of the Clones is unwatchable.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JB16
@WinterSnowblind said:
"  And this is part of the reason I think the Clone Wars TV show has been much better.  Lucas has involvement in it, he comes up with many of the ideas and is even responsible for creating some of the new characters, like Cad Bane.  But he doesn't write the actual scripts, and that's lead to some of the best moments in Star Wars ever. "
Some of the best moments in Star Wars? Damn the new cartoon series is really that good?
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Animasta
@FreakAche said:
" Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith are at least decent. Attack of the Clones is unwatchable. "
yeah, I actually watched the movies in order (first time watching any star wars) and I have to say, I enjoy the 3rd movie a lot more than, say, the, 4th or the 6th. but the 1st is really really bad.
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@JB16 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
"  And this is part of the reason I think the Clone Wars TV show has been much better.  Lucas has involvement in it, he comes up with many of the ideas and is even responsible for creating some of the new characters, like Cad Bane.  But he doesn't write the actual scripts, and that's lead to some of the best moments in Star Wars ever. "
Some of the best moments in Star Wars? Damn the new cartoon series is really that good? "
I'd highly recommend it.  Certain fans have a very ignorant view of the show or base their whole opinion on the movie that was released, which was an utter disaster. 
But the show itself has generally been very well written, has some great character development and does a good job mixing the action with politics and drama, without the ham fistedness of the prequel movies.  

As long as you're not one of the fans that despises everything from Star Wars that isn't the first three movies right off the bat or regards the Expanded Universe as holy scripture..  You should enjoy it a lot.

LlamaLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LlamaLlama

Go watch Red Letter Media's reviews of Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. He rips them apart into nothing. That being said, I do have a fondness for Phantom Menace, but mostly through my childhood memories of being so excited for an actual Star Wars moving coming out in my time.
Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Contra
@WinterSnowblind said:
The Clone wars stuff is interesting, but I doubt the show is ever going to get to the interesting point.
The point where these clone troopers who up until the series were faceless; turn and kill the Jedi they were always so loyal to. 
Or the part where Anakin betrays the kid he is training.  
I've not seen Anakin display anything dark other than being headstrong in the clone wars.

Despite that at this point he is for dictatorships, killed a bunch of innocent people and not acted much like a Jedi.   

As for a reason to hate the prequels; people have went into a lot more detail than I'd care to go into about that.  Counter some of what they bring up like the Jedi being international tax consultants, the plot generally being stupid and people varying wilding on their acting and motivations.  (though a lot of those come does to poor writing)
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By MysteriousBob

Revenge of the Sith is tolerable. I wouldn't watch it again in a hurry, but I wouldn't be pissed if it was the only thing on TV one night either. Its still riddled with awful lines and plot holes, but its not that bad as a whole.

Phantom Menace and Attacks of the Clones on the other hand are horrible, horrible movies, even without being compared to the original trilogy. Their plots literally make no damn sense. 

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sogeman

I have to agree. The 3rd (I haven't seen it in English though, maybe that's what made it good) is the best of the 6, the beginning is great and the old ones are just overrated.

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Contra: We have no idea how far the series is going to go at this point, current rumour suggests they will be showing certain scenes that happened in Episode 3 from a different perspective (i.e. the Clones).  As for Anakin, check out the trailer I posted, there are a few clips involving him and Padme that show him losing control of his emotions, and watch the episode 'Senate Murders' in season 2 for a good example of dark side Anakin  :)  It's definitely one of the scenes I'd consider a highlight from the entire franchise, and is even followed by a hint of the Imperial march. 

I definitely agree that his turn was too sudden and the show hasn't done that great a job of showing any more of that side of him, beyond these few scenes..  But it does feel like they're building to it more and I get the feeling his relationship with Ahsoka is partly what pushes him to become such a mess by Episode 3.
JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JazGalaxy
@JB16 said:
"Am I the only person in the world that actually like the Star Wars prequels? I mean it seems like everyone on the internet universally hate the star wars prequels. Okay granted episode I was kind of dumb, but II and III were great. I mean I love how the story was much more politically driven with different factions seemingly fighting for control all at the same time. The Jedi, the Republic, and the Separatist all struggling for influence and for their ideals. I mean sure Anakin got a little whiny at times, but still the moral dilemmas that he was struggling through were deeply engrossing. Also I like how the supposedly "evil" seperatist were right all along about the Republic being rife with corruption, and the fact that they were unwitting pawns that Chancellor  Palpatine used to further increase his power. Its pretty ironic that the Republic ultimately caused its own downfall rather than the sepratists themselves.  Many people say George Lucas ruined Star Wars once he created the prequels, but I honestly think he did a great job at expanding the Star wars universe....but he should be ashamed for creating Jar Jar Binks. "

I think this question depends a lot on how old you are. 

I mean, it's hard for some people including me to understand what it was like to be a fan of the star wars movies as they were coming out. A lot of the elements of the film that are alluded to were taken by fans and turned into something awesome in their imaginations even sometimes in novels and magazines. When Episode 1 came out it utterly destoryed a lot of people's image of what Star Wars was. I mean, for new fans it's a non-issue that Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Won Kenobi are wearing Tuskin Raider outfits all throughout the first film, but when it first came out it was completely BAFFLING to people. Not to mention some instances that just seemed to go otu of their way to ruin deeply ingrained concepts like the force being "midochorians" and C3PO being built by Anakin and then mind wiped between trillogies. 

That being said, I'm a huge fan of the prequels. The art direction alone makes for more cool moments than most films can ever hope for.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I grew up watching the prequels and I don't think they're that bad, but the original trilogy is way better.

RaceKickfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RaceKickfist

I say the same thing about the star wars prequels as I do the matrix sequels - "wow, those are some really well-produced fan films." 

gather from that what you will.  

also-   

warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By warchief
@WinterSnowblind: I missed so much of season 2. I need to go back and catch up.  

@ this thread. I hate Episode I, II, III. From my point of view they are just terrible movies, with terrible acting. That being said the Clone Wars cartoon is fucking awesome. 
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MysteriousBob
@JazGalaxy said:
I think this question depends a lot on how old you are."
That has nothing to do with it. I'm 21 and I saw the prequels long before I saw the original trilogy (which was last month). The original trilogy is irrelevant. The prequels are just terrible, terrible films. Awful writing and an over reliance on CGI. Thats all they are. Tech demos. 

@JazGalaxy said:
 I mean, for new fans it's a non-issue that Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Won Kenobi are wearing Tuskin Raider outfits all throughout the first film, "
... what?
Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Contra

I've only seen season 1 and a few eps of season 2 of the clone wars, so I can't say where it goes there.   

But I still don't know why he doesn't blame the people behind the war for what happens to him and those around him.  And if it is his padawan (or something happening to her) that turns him darkside, I really can't see any event that would turn him to Palpatine more and make sence, so that after he finds out the Emperor is behind everything.
Well there is one thing; which is Anakin killing her, however I struggle to find a good reason for to do that when he has sent out of his way not to kill people previously, and it would take major character development, or out of character behavour for it to work. 

And if that happened, and even if Anakin covered it up, you'd hope they would have an investagation team and some sort of support network to make sure he was ok, should pretending to not have feeling not work out in the stressful emotional time. 

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I do too!

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rockanomics

I liked them when I watched them, but in the long run all I really wanted was just loads and loads of robots being sliced up by lightsabers and other such cool CG destruction but they didn't have enough of it.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SlightConfuse

i thnik episode 3 is far better than the other two

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By wrighteous86
@MysteriousBob:  In A New Hope, Obi Wan is hiding out on Tatooine, keeping an eye on Luke from a distance.  He portrays himself as an old hermit, and wears robes similar to those of a Tuskan Raider to keep people away and lower his own profile.  The only reason Obi Wan wore robes was for that reason, he was "undercover" and essentially a hermit in a sandy wasteland.

Then the EU and new trilogy came around and retconned things so that the robes he wore were traditional Jedi garb, which makes no sense.  It was already nonsensical to hide Luke on Tatooine, Anakin's homeworld with Beru and Lars, two step-siblings he had previously met, and allow him to keep his last name, and consider this a decent hiding spot.  (Previously, it was implied they were hiding on Tatooine because it was on the Outer Rim and mostly irrelevant to the Empire, but the Prequels ruined that.)  But to have Obi Wan wander around the desert in Jedi robes doesn't exactly help him blend in, does it?
dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By dagas

They are better than most people say IMO, but there's so much in them that is really bad. I think the Ep III book is a lot better since it explains Anakin's actions more and it omits all that stupid droid humor that was made for kids "I shoot myself in the foot because I'm such a stupid droid hahaha" gets old really fast. 

I think the prequels are actually better than the old ones in theory, I mean they have more jedis alive, the birth of Darth Vader, Samuel L Jackson etc but somehow George Lucas managed to fuck that up by focusing on stupid droid jokes and making Anakin into a spoiled brat that you cannot not hate. Not to mention Jar Jar. If you take out everything with Anakin or Jar Jar and his people then Ep I is a great movie, but since that is about 70 % of the film there won't be much left.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JazGalaxy
@MysteriousBob said:
" @JazGalaxy said:
I think this question depends a lot on how old you are."
That has nothing to do with it. I'm 21 and I saw the prequels long before I saw the original trilogy (which was last month). The original trilogy is irrelevant. The prequels are just terrible, terrible films. Awful writing and an over reliance on CGI. Thats all they are. Tech demos. 

@JazGalaxy said:
 I mean, for new fans it's a non-issue that Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Won Kenobi are wearing Tuskin Raider outfits all throughout the first film, "
... what? "

See? 

The fact that you don't know what I'm talking about kind of proves my point. 

See, it's hard for people even my age, at 29, to understand what it was like when Star Wars was new. I was reading an article about people's first experiences watching the film, and its hard to get in the mindset of "oh yeah, there was no such thing as videotape back then, so when it was out of the theatres... it was just gone. and so that's why people saw it every day for a few weeks" I read one article about a guy who's dad paid a couple hundred dollars for a copy of film real of JUST THE DEATH STAR TRENCH RUN and they would spool it up, invite people over and watch the thing over and over again. 

When Obi Wan talked about The Jedi Knights, everyone thought he was talking about an elite core of space cops who had access to the "force" which was essentially "believing in yourself". When Yoda talked about there being "another" everyone thought it was going to be some awesome jedi knight who was Luke's equal and they would band together and take on the Sith Empire. Even when the original trillogy ended, there were a lot of concepts that people's imaginations had made into amazing visions and the orignal films destroyed them. 

As for the Tusken Raider bit... in Star Wars Obi Wan is dressed as a hermit and adopts the robes of the sand people, ostensibly, to blend in with denizens of Tatooine. Nobody else dresses like this (even luke, when he becomes a jedi). But George Lucas apparently decided to retcon tusken raider robes into the official Jedi uniform for the prequels which flat out didn't make any sense. When the films first came out there was an audible "why are they wearing tusken raider robes?"... now I doubt anyone pays it any attention.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Azteck
@Venatio said:
" Man this thread is gonna get destroyed by Star Wars nerds  Anyway, I agree with you man, I even considered starting a thread like this a while ago  The old ones are alot better, but the prequels are pretty damn entertaining, and I even liked Jar Jar Binks :D  It pisses me off that some people, like the post above mine, don't let you like the movies and say that our opinion is wrong "
Truest words in the thread.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By keyhunter

I still think Episode 1 is the best Starwars in Series. Especially if you have a decent sound system.

Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Contra
@slightconfuse said:
" i thnik episode 3 is far better than the other two "
Anakin was very cold and emotionless with some sort of inner battle gonig on.  However based on the acting in the previous movie (and having suffered through 'Shattered Glass'); that appeared to be Hayden Chistenwhoeverheis trying to act and remember his lines.
Three still had terrible dialogue, terrible acting, the terrible CG sets and every single scene had CG in it with no exception.  Every single one.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By wrighteous86
@Contra said:
Three still had terrible dialogue, terrible acting, the terrible CG sets and every single scene had CG in it with no exception.  Every single one. "
C'mon dude, you act as if there is a specific position in the film industry for someone who "designs" "sets" to make them look the way a filmmaker wants with real world objects and props.  How else do you think they made Hobbiton in Lord of the Rings and the Death Star in the original trilogy, well-crafted and fiscally-conservative production work? Nonsense!
JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JustinSane311

When I can't sleep at night I watch the podracing scene from episode 1.  That usually does the trick and puts me to bed

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheHBK

No, just no. 
I will elaborate.  Fuck no.  I will explain what is so fundamentally wrong with these movies.  Both as movies and part of the Star Wars saga. 

Episode 1)  This happens in all 3 but we get barely any character development.  I dont really get a sense of what kind of person Qui gon is beyond being wise, I guess, until he gets his ass handed to him by Darth Maul.  Darth Maul, terrible name, yes we get he looks vicious.  The whole decoy thing with Padme was fucking retarded.  Because hardly anyone tries to kill her.  They are not trying kill her, they are holding her hostage.  If anything, they get to the decoy queen but kill her servants, of which the real padme is hiding among.  A young Anakin.  Good way to show how Obi Wan and he first meet but the personality is stupid.  And he saves the planet?  WTF man.  And the kid is a terrible actor.  Then the gungans.  Oh my.  Stupid species that just are too comedic, if you can call it that. 
Episode 2)  The love story just seems way to rushed.  I dont see how they fall in love one bit. Anakin has a mad crush and hardon, understandable, that bitch be pretty.  But why does she love him?  They hardly have any real interaction by the time its obvious she loves him.  Obi Wan still only seems like a complainer who doesn't believe in Anakin.  We dont see any of that badass Obi Wan from Episode 4 where he fucks up a guy in a bar.  Anakins rush to anger is good.  But then you have the stupid droids who just make the deaths of jedi and clone troopers seem inconsequential when they make it out better than before. 
Episode 3)  You have Anakin show signs of anger but then thats not what drives him to the darkside.  Its his fear of losing Padme.  What the fuck?  WHen we see Darth Vader choking out a guy on his Super Stardestroyer and then cut off his own son's hand, we see a badass.  Now we learn he only went to the darkside because he was in love?  WTF?  In the other movies they make it clear, it is a lust for power, for greatness, for adventure, revenge, anger, hate, that turns people to the darkside.  Not volunteering to it.  You can still see he has a hesitation about going after Obi Wan, in fact, Obi Wan ignites his lightsaber first.  You have to read the books about right after episode 3 to feel a better conclusion about that.  Then they subject us to hearing James Earl Jones scream, NOOOOOOOO!  We then have Padme lose the will to live.... Obi Wan riding a lizard... A cyborg with a stupid name running shit...  Oh man... 

But here is what is really wrong with these movies...  What was so cool about the first movies, other movies that have the adventure theme to it?  You have the trio.  The best friends.  The totally good guy, the badass guy and the girl who is both.  Luke was idealistic and only hope for the galaxy.  Han Solo was the badass and Leia was badass and totally good because she used guns and wanted to save the galaxy.  But in the first 3 movies, the trio is never really together.  Or interacting.  We have Obi Wan and Qui Gon and Anakin.  But who is who?  There is no chick in the trio.  Obi Wan is not badass yet.  And Qui Gon is totally good just like Anakin.  They are hardly different.  In Episode 2 we have a more clear trio with Anakin and Padme and Obiwan, but again, their roles are not clear.  Anakin is the good naive boy but he has anger, though whiny.  Obi Wan again is not badass and just as whiny, but more about superficial things.  Padme fills leias role well.  But the three are hardly ever together and Obi Wan doesn't care for padme more than anyone else unlike Han Solo.  Episode 3, again they are the trio but dont share any screen time together at the same time.  In the original trilogy, there are many times when the three are together that lead to great moments.  And what is great about all those times?  We get to see who the character really is.  Characterization is important and because we never get to see the trio really interact, we dont get a good feeling of who they are except for their role in the whole conflict.  All I am saying is that these movies were really missing one thing.... 

HAN FUCKING SOLO
 HAN FUCKING SOLO
Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Synthballs
@MattyFTM said:
" Taken on their own merits, they are quite enjoyable fantasy/action movies. But compared to the original trilogy they are very, very poor. But I'm OK with that. I never expected them to be up to the standards of the original films, and I can enjoy them for what they are. "
They could've been a lot worse. 

I didn't mind them, I saw them before the original trilogy so maybe that changes things
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49  Edited By natetodamax

I very much enjoyed them.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShadowKnight508

The first and original trilogy is still the best. The newer 3 I can't say that I am a big fan of.