• 78 results
andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By andymp

I use Chrome and Firefox, but the stability of Firefox seems to be based on how many tabs I have open and whether I am streaming video or doing something which might be processor intensive.

Avatar image for endlessobsidian
EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By EndlessObsidian

Use Netscape Navigator.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Azteck

I'm running Firefox 4 and it hasn't crashed on me once. But then again neither did any of the former releases, at least not often enough to make it an annoyance.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Spoonman671

Firefox 4 is the best browser I've ever used.  I don't know what people see in Chrome.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Subjugation

I thought Chrome had become the defacto browser these days? If it isn't it should be. It may feel a little odd at first but if you're anything like me you will grow to LOVE it.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Liber
@Aus_azn said:
I use RSS feeds, so I can't use Chrome.

@Liber said:
 If you don't care much for addons , I suggest you download Nightly , its the nightly build of Firefox that gets updated daily so you don't actually need to wait for an official release to fix stuff for you.
My friend tried it and said that it doesn't autoupdate... He got annoyed that he had to keep clicking the apply update button manually, and rolled back to Aurora FF5.
it does autoupdate.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By iam3green

it crashes sometimes. i do like it more than anything. chrome is good, it's simple. i use firefox as my maine browser though.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Grelik

I've been using Firefox since it's first year of release, and never have I felt like I'd made a wrong decision.  I love FF4, and it hasn't crashed once for me yet.

I just wish they'd fix their mobile browser on android.  It's slow and choppy and doesn't hold a candle to Dolphin HD yet.  I want it to get better so I can make use of the cool browser sync feature it has. 

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By beej
@weeman105 said:
I thought Chrome had become the defacto browser these days? If it isn't it should be. It may feel a little odd at first but if you're anything like me you will grow to LOVE it.
I did for a while, then FF4 came out and I'm firmly back with Mozilla.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By MysteriousBob

The speed is the main reason why I switched to Chrome.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By peritus

Bah, google.    They allready know what we search for, now they willl know everything you see on the nets.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Alexander
@beej said:
I did for a while, then FF4 came out and I'm firmly back with Mozilla.
Same here, I switched to Chrome for a while but since 4 released I haven't had any problems, currently I don't even have Chrome installed.
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DeeGee

I never understand why people say Chrome is faster then Firefox. What does that even mean? I click something in Firefox, it loads. I click something in Chrome, it loads. If Chrome loaded it faster, it wasn't a difference that my human eyes were able to make out.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By warxsnake

Chrome loads up in half a second. Firefox takes 10. I uninstalled it. Chrome extensions are fine, I don't give a shit about firefox mods I constantly have to update on the side to make firefox look and work like chrome.  

The only thing I can't figure out on chrome is why adblock plus is half-assed when it comes to blocking ads. Video ads such as the ones on Gametrailers don't get blocked. 

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ProfessorK
@shinigami420: thanks for that, lol
ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ShockD

Firefox 4 is a b****. I'm still using 3.6 and am pleased with it. They still release updates for Firefox 3 from time to time.

geekdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By geekdown

I used Firefox for years and made the switch to Chrome about a year ago. Firefox just feels like shit now.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By amir90

I get random adobe flash crashes with firefox a lot, and most of the hotkeys do not work, especially the friggin CTRL+N has never worked with firefox, why?

Edit: I love how people BS about how fast Chrome is, there is literally microseconds difference between the browsers, most tests shows different results.
Chrome and Opera do not support the stuff I need, so I cannot change to anything else :o

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#69  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

CHROME4LIFE

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kishan6
@Tireyo643 said:
Thus is why I like Google now. Go to google, they will own you and take care of you. =-P
AbeTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AbeTheGreatest

well at least FF4 works fine for me

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By xMP44x

I'm running Nightly 7.0a1, and it's one of the pre-release versions of Firefox. My laptop is not at the cutting edge but it runs the browser perfectly well. Opera is good, and you can use the wiki with it if you install an extension called Antibrowsniffer or something. It's worked for me when I used Opera. Some of the extensions for it are really quite good though I tend to rely more on Firefox as my general browser. If 4.0 is causing you issues, downgrade to 3.6.x.

KailenWolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By KailenWolfe
@amir90: Doesn't seem like micro-seconds to me, I see a big difference. 
amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By amir90
@KailenWolfe: Then there must be something else, most tests agree with me :p
KailenWolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By KailenWolfe
@amir90:  
I don't doubt that you're right. Just saying it feels faster for some reason. 
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By xMP44x
@amir90 said:
I get random adobe flash crashes with firefox a lot, and most of the hotkeys do not work, especially the friggin CTRL+N has never worked with firefox, why?  Edit: I love how people BS about how fast Chrome is, there is literally microseconds difference between the browsers, most tests shows different results. Chrome and Opera do not support the stuff I need, so I cannot change to anything else :o
Agreed, but with a small number of sites I find Firefox to be the fastest to load. For example, loading the Rich Text Editor at the new Xbox.com Forums is much faster in Firefox than Opera or Chrome, I find. It takes about a second in Nightly 7.0a1 and about five in Opera, so it is noticeable there.

@KailenWolfe said:
@amir90:  I don't doubt that you're right. Just saying it feels faster for some reason. 
That might be due to how the interface for the program is built. I could be wrong with the coding languages but as far as I can remember, Firefox's interface is built from XUL to be cross-compatible or something. Chrome's is built from something else, so the UI does actually react faster or something.
powerpc127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By powerpc127

Chrome feels faster because they advertise that it's faster. It's subcounscious...

The only reason I can't switch to Chrome or anything else is that Firefox has AdBlocker Plus, which doesn't work so well on Chrome. It is seriously the most wonderful extension on Earth. When I go to friends' houses and they show me a youtube video with a 30 second ad in front of it, I can't help but chuckle. That said, Firefox 4 is not on my good list right now. Youtube videos have some crazy glitch for me, I can no longer simply type the domain into the URL to go to the page (in otherwords, it googles things if I don't add .com), and the UI keeps getting worse. I like having separate buttons for stop and refresh, I like being able to fit a lot of bookmarks into the bookmark bar at the top, and I like being able to click anywhere near the top to open a new tab, not just on the button. I used to have all of those things on older versions of Firefox, but they've slowly been stripping them away. I'm hesitant to reinstall an older version because they always say that it's not protected, but I might just call BS on that and do it anyway.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By amir90

I don't use adblock plus, the people I watch on youtube usually deserve that "extra 30 seconds".