If you were given the chance to be a naked model for an art class, would you do it?

• 124 results
mackinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mackinder

Also my anus is just too wide. I just feel that the artist wouldn't be getting a realistic sense of proportion with me.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By thedj93

what if i get a nerves-induced boner?

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Insectecutor

Yeah why not. It'd be a good story to tell.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By fattony12000

Draw me like one of your French girls.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By Dagbiker

One of my friends posed for an art class in our college. She had no complaints.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#56  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

Fuck. No.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@NoK said:

Maybe when I was 21 and in amazing shape but now at 34 I'm a hairy out of shape man and no one wants to draw that.

What went wrong?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By Brendan

@Brodehouse said:

Sure why not. I might shave my asshole first or something. It's a Goddamn nightmare down there.

INFORMATION.

I wouldn't be able to stand still for that long.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By _Zombie_

Beneath my clothes are untold horrors that have broken minds. So it's best if I don't get nude in front of people.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By EuanDewar

Yeah just so I could answer this question: If I get like rock hard halfway through do they keep their almost finished depiction of my flaccid dick or rub it out and get to work on recreating my long erect shaft?

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By deox

No. I would not. It sounds like it would be fucking boring.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#62  Edited By Brackynews

I've met and worked with dozens of art models. It's a lot of work to be good at it. Me, if my torso was in better shape, sure, whatever. I don't believe I'd have the patience to do it on the regular though.

@EuanDewar: You were just going for that "rub it out" entendre there.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dungbootle

All I can imagine is getting an erection and then shrugging innocently at the class.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By HerbieBug

If I could manage sitting perfectly still for an hour at a shot as they do, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I did weekly life drawing sessions when I was an art major in uni (drawing, not posing). It's really no big deal. There is never anything sexual about it. The students aren't there to gawk. They are there to draw and they are all very serious about it. In later years I started to prefer people with unusual or overweight figures just for the sake of variety.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HerbieBug

@Strife777 said:

@LikeaSsur Yeah, I study in arts as well, and they don't take "good looking" people. They take people who are comfortable with themselves, volunteers, which often leads to older people (not meaning elderly) who just don't care at that point. It's probably better that way, you don't want your students "perving" it up, so to speak, looking at hot young nude models.

That never happens anyway. No matter how beautiful the model. They came in all shapes and sizes at my uni. From the pretty young girls, usually students themselves, to the seventy year old men with the age inappropriate piercings. Doesn't matter.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Aetheldod

If I was a hot chick I would ... but Im a man and ugly at that :/

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jay444111

@LikeaSsur said:

They only take physically fit people to be models. You know, good examples that showcase the beauty of the human body.

I am not one of those people.

I personally think that is bullshit myself. I think ALL people should be eligible for drawing naked as long as they are willing to do it. Besides, people suck at drawing ugly people. They need practice. I would be willing to do it as long as they promised not to laugh. Then I would do it completely. I'll not even blink if I have to. Art is important and I take it very seriously.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Only if I get to choose my pose

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By HerbieBug

@Jay444111 said:

@LikeaSsur said:

They only take physically fit people to be models. You know, good examples that showcase the beauty of the human body.

I personally think that is bullshit myself. I think ALL people should be eligible for drawing naked as long as they are willing to do it. Besides, people suck at drawing ugly people. They need practice. I would be willing to do it as long as they promised not to laugh. Then I would do it completely. I'll not even blink if I have to. Art is important and I take it very seriously.

All people are eligible. LikeaSsur does not know what he's talking about.

@zudthespud said:

I'd need to be paid a decent amount. Like, three figures for an hour at least.

Ha! Strippers barely clear that much. You want to model at a fine arts school or faculty, how does $15 per hour and a parking voucher grab ya?

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FlarePhoenix

No one should ever have to be subjected to the sight of me naked.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jay444111

@HerbieBug said:

@Jay444111 said:

@LikeaSsur said:

All people are eligible. LikeaSsur does not know what he's talking about.

Right... I read everyone posts after that... I apologize. However. I must admit one thing. I think, if you are becoming an artist, you should take some shit as well as the person standing naked... which is now I recommend that when people are drawing nude in the classroom, the artists should be nude as well... just to make sure they take this as seriously as the person standing nude in front of them.

I don't mean this in a perverted way, I am just saying that if your serious, You should go nude as well and draw the other person nude... Yeah...

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By HerbieBug

@Jay444111 said:

Right... I read everyone posts after that... I apologize. However. I must admit one thing. I think, if you are becoming an artist, you should take some shit as well as the person standing naked... which is now I recommend that when people are drawing nude in the classroom, the artists should be nude as well... just to make sure they take this as seriously as the person standing nude in front of them.

I don't mean this in a perverted way, I am just saying that if your serious, You should go nude as well and draw the other person nude... Yeah...

Hmm... I always got embarrassed when the model would do a circle around the studio during their breaks (w/ robe on of course) and look at everyone's progress. I never wanted to hear "wow... you made my boobs bigger, huh?" -_____-

(that never happened. but I was always scared it might.)

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Aetheldod

@HerbieBug: That wouldv´e scared me too!!!! D:

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Strife777
@HerbieBug Yeah, I'm in college (cegep in Quebec), here I might get some less "mature" people I guess you could say, who are there just to get what they think is an easy pass. But I'm just speaking from personal experience.
SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SmilingPig

Yes, unless its an all male class.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By HerbieBug

Strife777 said:

@HerbieBug Yeah, I'm in college (cegep in Quebec), here I might get some less "mature" people I guess you could say, who are there just to get what they think is an easy pass. But I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Ah, I see. My uni had a fairly small art department and space was limited. You couldn't even enroll in a drawing course unless you were a BFa major. So no chance of your easy credit seekers.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#77  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Drawing naked people is really a big thing it seems from these posts... Why on earth?

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SmilingPig

@LikeaSsur said:

Tell that to this dashing body painted Spiderman.

No Caption Provided
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Jay444111

@SmilingPig said:

@LikeaSsur said:

No Caption Provided

Wait... is this for real? If so, then props to that guy for being so damn awesome about it all!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#80  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Jay444111 said:

@SmilingPig said:

No Caption Provided

If so, then props to that guy for being so damn awesome about it all!

That's what you think when you see this image?

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#81  Edited By guiseppe

Depends on what I'd get in return. But yeah, probably.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By stinky

@LikeaSsur: they take anyone. had models around 300+ pounds before. standing up the stomach covered cover the crotch completely.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#83  Edited By sjschmidt93

No. I cannot see any upside.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Does it say something about me that I wouldn't be comfortable posing nude, but I'd be totally fine having sex in front of a group of people?

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jay444111

@stinky said:

@LikeaSsur: they take anyone. had models around 300+ pounds before. standing up the stomach covered cover the crotch completely.

No Caption Provided

Just... wat... I need brain bleach... Now, I am all for them going ahead with the art class thing. But please don't put those images in our heads without warning us first please...

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#86  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Tim_the_Corsair: My takeaway is you like having sex with your clothes on, and I should invite you to my next orgy.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#87  Edited By nightriff

If I was in better shape then sure but until then FUCK NO!!!!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TruthTellah

@Jay444111: heh. He isn't kidding. They don't just take anyone, but they appreciate variety and skill more than physique. So, if you're good at holding still and doing quality poses, you can often get in. If they already have a very petite model, though, they may go for a bigger model if adding more. They do often have more greek god men, but you do see overweight men, as well. I had a man who looked like Santa Claus once; he was very nice. I have also seen disabled models with very unique body forms. Different models always have different things to learn from. :)

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By HerbieBug

@TruthTellah said:

@Jay444111: heh. He isn't kidding. They don't just take anyone, but they appreciate variety and skill more than physique. So, if you're good at holding still and doing quality poses, you can often get in. If they already have a very petite model, though, they may go for a bigger model if adding more. They do often have more greek god men, but you do see overweight men, as well. I had a man who looked like Santa Claus once; he was very nice. I have also seen disabled models with very unique body forms. Different models always have different things to learn from. :)

Oh man! I would have loved to do a drawing session with a person who had an artificial limb. That would have been so cool. Most unique thing I encountered was medium sized (about 1 inch diameter) stretched earlobes w/ hoop inside.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TruthTellah

@HerbieBug said:

@TruthTellah said:

Oh man! I would have loved to do a drawing session with a person who had an artificial limb. That would have been so cool. Most unique thing I encountered was medium sized (about 1 inch diameter) stretched earlobes w/ hoop inside.

Yeah, you can get some interesting people, especially if you're in an art program for a few years and do classes that require models. I remember one man that had a developmental disorder which left his limbs very gangly with scoliosis in his back. It made all of your drawings of him seem off, as though you were doing an almost Egon Schiele style of portraiture. But it was really just him. Cool guy, too. Had a great attitude about his unique physique.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#91  Edited By mesoian

Yes, but I would want to hit the gym the day before.

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By UncleClassy

I'd be too afraid of getting a massive boner and then I'd get a massive boner as a result.

jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jtman54179

@zombiebigfoot said:

Beneath my clothes are untold horrors that have broken minds. So it's best if I don't get nude in front of people.

Your avatar is perfect for that comment.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#94  Edited By DoctorWelch

Sure, as long as it's not cold where I'm posing...

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By mrpandaman

@Harpell said:

No, I'm not a good representation of human anatomy. I'm way too skinny

It doesn't really matter if you're skinny or not, what really matters is if you're interesting. I mean easily identifiable body landmarks. One of my teacher's teacher would try to get models with physical deformities, because they often more interesting anatomically.

@Strife777 said:

@LikeaSsur Yeah, I study in arts as well, and they don't take "good looking" people. They take people who are comfortable with themselves, volunteers, which often leads to older people (not meaning elderly) who just don't care at that point. It's probably better that way, you don't want your students "perving" it up, so to speak, looking at hot young nude models.

At my school, we've got a nice variety of models. The younger models that my school has are usually actors or actresses that do small films and plays.

Elderly people are usually the hardest as they have sagging body parts and it is harder to find the landmarks we usually use for measuring.

Usually when I'm drawing, I don't really care what the model looks like or I'm not thinking about what the model looks like. That never bothers me, the only thing that does bother me when drawing the model is if they keep moving. I can take a little movement, but when they're constantly making big movements it's really annoying.

That being said, I would never be a nude model, I'm not comfortable being naked in front of a group of people.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes because that would be hilarious

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By LikeaSsur

Okay, I feel that after countless messages spamming my inbox, I should come back and retract my previous statement. Apparently, they'll take anybody, but I still wouldn't.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Joeyoe31

Yeah dude. Ive always wanted a giant naked mural of myself and this would be a good solution to that.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#99  Edited By Draugen

Not. A. Chance. In. Hell.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Amducious

No, I have psoriasis. Not a pretty sight.