zArcaneSkye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zArcaneSkye

Notice:
I KNOW THIS QUESTION IS ASKING FOR A LOT AND YOU PROBABLY HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO BUT I URGENTLY NEED THIS HELP
TO ENJOY THE GAME MORE AND I'M SURE THIS WOULD HELP FOR OTHER PLAYERS AS WELL, THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

So basically, I started playing the game PS2, and for the time being I quite enjoy it although I'm scared it might be quite time-consuming.
Anyways, I really need help understanding more of the game. I won't lie, tutorial videos and guides do help but they still left some questions unanswered.

Here are the following few:

How do I re-supply my ammo? (Can you from Sunderers? Is that the only way?)
When does the game actually end? What are the objectives of the game?
How do you know if a generator is yours or not?
Why are 2 of the races sometimes together?
How can I get StationCash?
How do I change the server of an existing account?
Do I get minerals just by getting experience or is there a faster/alternative way?
What's the fastest way of leveling up?
What's the difference between an outfit and a squad?

______________________________________…

Additional:

- What's the StationCash to USD rate?
- Is there a superior race or are they really that equal?
- Is there any feature/upgrade allowing for nightvision?
- Is there any upgrade which boosts/multiplies XP for faster leveling up?
Oh and it would be much appreciated if someone could
get hold of a screenshot explaining what every possible
sign on the map means as well as ones in game. For
example a red gun and then under (25m) or a red shield
and under (xm)

I might have further questions but this is all I can think of right now. So yea, for those of you out there who fully understand the game, it would be immensely appreciated. I'm quite sure this would help other people as well and not only me. I really want to get these questions out of the way since all I do in the game is either follow my teammate(s) or deploy in an area which is being attacked and kill everyone I see....or at lest try to xP I never have any clue what's going on and getting these answers would allow me to more enjoy the game as well as allow me to be more helpful towards my team.
Lastly, if answerer(s) is a pro, it would be extremely appreciated if you could give advice on the best way to kill enemies
or otherwise hints, tips and tactics.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS IN ADVANCE! :D

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AlexanderSheen

How do I re-supply my ammo? (Can you from Sunderers? Is that the only way?)

There are terminals with the pistol icon where you can resupply by pressing the "Resupply" button or ask an engineer to give some ammo by looking at the guy then hold the "Q" button then hover over with the mouse to the "I need ammo" option.

When does the game actually end? What are the objectives of the game?

There is no end. The objectives are to capture all of the territories of a continent, except the other factions main hub.

How do you know if a generator is yours or not?

It has the same color icon as the faction you play.

Why are 2 of the races sometimes together?

They don't.

How can I get StationCash?

Use your credit card? I don't know what the actual process is.

How do I change the server of an existing account?

The character is tied to a server, not the account. You can create a new character on another server, but I don't know how to transfer a character if it is even possible.

Do I get minerals just by getting experience or is there a faster/alternative way?

They are accumulate by time, and the speed of that is depends on the territories your faction has in the continent.

What's the fastest way of leveling up?

Get into a squad with a high member count and just roll with them.

What's the difference between an outfit and a squad?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the squad is the equivalent of a party, so it's temporal and you can get a "guild uniform" sort of thing if you join a guild (I don't know how guilds are called in this game.)

Xakura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xakura

Ammo from sunderers or engineers. Use the voice menu, "v", to ask for it.

Never ending. When one side captures an entire continent, they get a pretty nice bonus, lasting 'till another side captures the same continent.

Generators belong to the base they are in, so if it is an enemy base, destroy it, friendly base, repair it. Important in base takeovers.

There are no alliances between the races, but they could decide it would be beneficial for them to not fire upon each other. Don't expect it to last, though.

Station cash is real money, alternative to unlocking with cert points. Buy from store.

Characters are tied to a server, accounts are not. So you have to, as far as I know, make a new character.

You don't get minerals from XP, you get it from holding territory. Every 15 or 20 min, I believe.

Fastest way to level would be to find a strong group, roll around and capture bases. The capture bonus is quite nice, but does not account for more than say 5-10 kills. So just joining a heavy fight should net you a nice amount of XP. Also, watch out for double XP weekends.

In the MMO parlance, outfit is a guild, squad is a party.

zArcaneSkye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zArcaneSkye

@Xakura: @AlexanderSheen: Thanks for the answers, really helpful ;)

Oh, and sorry, I have some additional questions xP
Firstly, are the only objectives of the game capturing territories? And also, how exactly do you do this? Destroying generators? Capturing "Capture points A, B, C"? Destroying teleporters? Destroying vehicle spawning computers? \Second, what's an SCU? Also, what's "The Crown"?

And lastly, do you mind if I add you guys on PS2? It doesn't really matter if you don't want to but it would great if were possible ;P
Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@zArcaneSkye: To actually capture a base, you have to hold the control points and wait for the bar to fill in, everything else is additional. But some of the bigger bases requires destroying the shield generators to even get in.

And sorry but I don't play it anymore.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By artofwar420

BOLD WORDS

zArcaneSkye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zArcaneSkye

@AlexanderSheen: Oh, and sorry, last thing before I stop bothering you. Which class has the best weapons? Or otherwise which class would have the best snipers? I know that terran republic has faster fire rate and weaker power but why would this matter for an infiltrator since he uses a sniper. Would this mean that it would be more convenient to use another class?

Thanks

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@zArcaneSkye: I mostly played engineer so I can't really tell which class has the best weapons, but I would say the heavies since they got a machine gun with a big ass clip and a rocket launcher. And the tutorial video said that the blue guys have the most powerful weapons and that the sniper class starts with a bolt action rifle instead of a semi-auto one, so I would say blue. But keep in mind that I'm not an expert, I only played with the red guys, so I'm not exactly sure about the other factions.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

@zArcaneSkye

Looks like a few of your questions haven't been answered yet so I'll do my best to fill in the gaps.

SCU stands for Spawn Control Unit. These are large vertical generators that exist only in very large bases. Once these are destroyed, the enemy team can no longer spawn at that base's main spawn room. You can overload these just like any other generator (run up and hold E until the meter fills).

The Crown is a territory roughly southeast of the middle of the Indar continent. It's notable for being one of the most difficult bases to capture and is a perpetual hot zone. If you're looking for some action, head to the Crown. The Terran Republic seems strangely attracted to the Crown. If you play TR you'll occasionally see yellow text from the Orders channel telling everyone to head to the Crown. Feel free to ignore this.

The absolute fastest way to level up is to be the gunner on a Liberator (three-man gunship) that's outfitted with the high-explosive Zepher cannon and spawn camp locations with little-to-no enemy air support. This is unrealistic and super boring.

The fun way to level up is still to kill a whole bunch of dudes. Join a random high member squad on the continent you're on and just follow them around. Eventually your group will collide with an equally big enemy force and that's hella EXP for everyone.

All of the races are approximately equal but asymmetrically so. The Vanu have very little bullet drop on their weapons with high recoil and have the best faction tank. NC have the highest damage per bullet but overall slower weapons. Terran weapons spit bullets faster than anything but do comparatively less damage per shot. They also to have faster but less armored faction vehicles.

100 Station Cash = 1 USD

Here's an awesome guide from Reddit that has the answers to questions you probably didn't know to ask yet.

See you on the battlefield!

zArcaneSkye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zArcaneSkye

@Ravenlight: Man, you're the best, thank you very much, really appreciate it.For the SCU's and generators, I tried to destroy them by shooting at them and I was like WTF, these aren't exploding LoL xD Umm, although, I do have some final questions if you don't mind.

For example:

Is the crown symbolised with a golden skull on the map?

What exactly does Locking down do? And how to do it?

"Consider binding the pitch controls to your keyboard. This allows you a faster and finer control over your aircraft." What exactly does this mean? (How to do this?)

What's the difference between the 3 continents apart from landscape?

And some additional things ~

I have this minor problem with running the game. I can play fine and then suddenly, it will freeze at a random point (no specific time) and it doesn't
matter if I'm in a battle or anything. For this I just re-run the game but I was wondering if theres a more permanent solution.

Also, I bought the AMS for a sunderer, equipped and all but it doesn't work when I pressed B, and my keybindings are indeed on default. Although
I did by the AMS while already having a sunderer spawned/activated. Will the AMS be enabled in the next one (I can't check now since I'm on sm1 elses pc)

And yea, I think thats about it for now. I really appreciate your help btw very useful info/resources, thank you ;)
Oh, and just to let you know, you became one of my sources for PlanetSide 2 help :P Hope thats ok with you.

Once again thanks for everything!

aceofspudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aceofspudz

I get game freezes occasionally too, mostly after their most recent inline patch. I hope they fix this. There are unsubstantiated rumors of a hack that causes opponents to freeze up, which is only plausible because sometimes a lot of people in the same area do.

Generally abilities you buy only become active after you die once, resupply, or summon a new vehicle. If you have AMS sundy, also, sometimes you can't deploy if you are in the radius of another AMS sundy. If this is the case the game will tell you this and display the radii of friendly sunderers on the map.

Difference between 3 continents: lock benefits. Indar gives a 10% discount to infantry resource purchases, esamir to armored, and amerish to air. So if you have Indar, C4 costs 90 resource instead of 100. It's pretty nice, and Vanu on my server defend their Indar lock like a firstborn child.

zArcaneSkye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zArcaneSkye

@aceofspudz: Oh right, a least I'm not the only one. I'm actually having a problem now with loading the game LoL. It starts up fine and everything but then I get: "

GAME ERROR G99

MALFUNCTION:

WE'RE SORRY, THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE LAST ACTION, CAN YOU PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER?

Otherwise, it just stays on the loading screen. Do you happen to have any solutions to this btw?

I checked on the launch page put there aren't any notices saying that the server is down or anything like that, thoughts?

Oh, and "...defend their Indar lock.." what's a lock? xP

Thanks for the help though ;)

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ravenlight

@zArcaneSkye: Answers!

• The Crown is not, in fact, symbolized with a golden skull (though that's a great idea).
  • I'm not sure in what context you're referring to "locking down". It would mean securing an entire continent by one faction, or it could mean the purchasable ability for the Prowler which makes the tank stationary while increasing it's firing rate.
  • Regarding Pitch Up/Down: these are commands you can set in your Vehicle Controls and they're used as a very quick way to change your facing while airborne. I have them bound to my mouse's thumb buttons and that one simple change has vastly improved my flying.
  • There's not that much of a difference between continents except the faction bonus available for total control.
  • I'm not sure what's up with your freezing issue but I guarantee you're not the only one with that problem. Check out the official boards for some possible fixes.
  • With the AMS upgrade on your Sunderer, it seems like you have the right idea, but you just need to spawn another one. Equipping upgrades on a vehicle only applies to vehicles spawned after the loadout is set. Another note about AMS, you can't deploy within a certain radius of friendly Sunderers. That radius will show up as a transparent white circle on your minimap and you'll get a message about not being able to deploy when you hit B. Just drive outside of the white circle and you can deploy normally.

Happy fragging!

zArcaneSkye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zArcaneSkye

@Ravenlight: I think I'm a pro now just by reading your answers man xP You're the best. Btw, both the error and AMS issues are solved now :) By locking down, I meant like, sometimes thers a sign showing Im being locked down whilst I'm driving a plane or quad..

Anyways, I'm quite sure I know nearly everything now although I did want to ask if you can buy StationCash with a mobile phone since I don't have a credit card (its on hold) and they don't really sell promtional cards around here..

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ravenlight

@zArcaneSkye

Maybe you mean "locked on" with an accompanying beeping sound? That means that a homing missile is targeting you. You can break lock by moving out of range before the missile if fully locked-on, flying/driving in obstructing terrain, or using the unlockable Flares or Smoke abilities.

According to the official site, you can purchase SC with a credit card, a mobile phone, or Paypal.