• 65 results
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Oilers99

It's exciting to finally see the full site go up, and I must say, I'm surprised that they've created a sort of GameSpot/Wikipedia hybrid. I actually proposed something along these lines to a site I used to work for, and it's definitely nice to work with as an end-user. I had the great honor of submitting Baditude as a new concept for the database, something that if it goes through, I will treasure always. So this is definitely a site to stick around.

However, if there's going to be a community here, we should get to know each other! Introduce yourself! Ask questions about what other people say about themselves! I'll start.

My name is David Supina, and I still post on GameSpot's boards under the Oilers99 moniker. I'm an amateur interactive storytelling theorist, so you'll often hear me rail against the evils of cut-scenes, and how the industry has to find interactive ways to tell stories. I'm currently a freelancer for another site, writing up reviews for downloadable games, and I'm also developing a game using XNA with a few other people, which I hope to announce soon. I've been a moderator on GameSpot, and I love to debate about various aspects of the game industry.

How about you?

Rag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rag

Hey Oilers!

My name is Aaron, I'm also a Gamespot regular posting under the name rragnaar.  I work as a graphic designer and stone engraver.  We do anything from headstones to waterfountains and big stone business signs.  In my spare time my friends and I make short films.  We are about to get going on a little mini-series of sorts.  I do a lot of the script writing and behind the scenes stuff.  Apparently I've got a part in this new short, but I'm not really an actor.

My PSN name is Ragnar, and my XBL name is Weird War.  I've been playing a lot of Metal Gear Online and Civilization Revolution lately.
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Oilers99

Ah, I didn't think of the GamerTag idea.

My XBL SN is ASupinaBrother. And I don't have a PSN ID... as I don't have a PS3. Not until Little Big Planet, anyways.

Hyperesthesiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hyperesthesiac

All that needs to be said about me can be found in my bio. ;)

Lone_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lone_Wolf

Hello everyone! My name is Lone_Wolf and I am a college student working towards my degree in Animal Science, later I hope to attend Veterinary School. In my spare time I enjoy reading, watching TV/movies, surfing the web, walking my dog, and playing games (duh!). I have a Wii, PS2, DS, and PSP that I use almost daily (not during the semester of course). I hope to make a lot of friends here at Giant Bomb!

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Aaron_G

Hello everyone! I am Aaron. I am 17 and reside in a suburb of Dayton, Ohio.  I am currently an Xbox 360 gamer and thats it. I have a really detailed "About Me" already so I don't feel like writing it all over again. So if you are interested to learn more about that read that or my first blog here on GiantBomb. Feel free to add me as a friend. I go by Agreb91 on GameSpot.com and Agreb72 is my Xbox Live Gamertag. 

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Im Kyle, Im signed up for the Marines but don't leave until August 09 and will be back to game Nov 09

Im a conservative and love all types of games except those JRPGs with "men" or "Boys" like FFX dude

Im awesome, and I love you

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoG

Hi everyone! Push the ^ See mini bio button so I can be introduced to all of you!

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Disgaeamad

Holy crap, it's Oilers!

I'm Ryan, and I used to be a GameSpot regular. Currently, I don't do anything that special, really, although I plan on getting my head stuck into the Wiki feature here, adding as much content as possible. I also enjoy writing reviews, it's a great way to develop my writing skills.

How's the VU been doing, Oilers?

PinkElephant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By PinkElephant

Great idea, Oilers. I used to post at GameSpot before Jeff left under the name Korubi. Right now I'm going to college at USC, but since it's summer I've been working on some short sketch comedy films for a website I'm making called kicktoopen.com. Otherwise, I'm excited to be able to spend some time on the site and get to know all of you guys.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By nutta27

Hey I'm Lee, I am 20 years old and live in Sheffield England. I mainly play 360 but do own a wii, psp, ps2 and ds i also do a little pc gaming but that usually just extends to counterstrike source, my gamertag is teh nutta (add me if you like + friend me on here too plz)

piecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By piecat

I'm Eric and I'm 16, living in Oregon. I posted on GS under Solid_snake1221, but I really haven't posted very much lately. That site just got terrible very quickly, and stayed that way. My gamertag is Eric1221.

insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By insanegamer

Hey i am Roy, i am from Australia and on gamespot on posted under punkhead66, i own a ps3 and i like to write and to make video's. i love watching movies and playing video games. i am only 20 but i do know my stuff on movies and video games. i am loving this site.
PSN - insanegamer66

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By fr0br0

Check my Bio. Add me if you want, I won't deny.
Oh, and my PSN ID is LilFr0Br0. Add me on that too.

Avatar image for sparklingtigershake
sparklingtigershake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andy. Fan of all consoles and PC. My all time game faves are Super Mario World, Goldeneye, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic Adventure, Zelda Seasons Ages, NBA2K, Halo 2, Forza, Portal & TF2, and SIms.

Former Gamespotter until places like VU fell of the face of the earth.

brndedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By brndedhero

Hi, I'm brndedhero from Lincolnshire, UK, made the transition from GameSpot (but still plan to be active there as well) and look forward to the future of Giant Bomb

BeefJerkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BeefJerkins

Hi, my name is Rory and I love long romantic walks off of short piers, and double coupons.
I've worked on several AAA titles including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :Shadow of Chernobyl, Supreme Commander, and Company of Heroes. 
I now reside in TV/Film post production.
I like to game when time permits.
Wii, DS, PSP, PS2, 360, and PC.

XBL Gamertag: BeefJerkins

Lackadaisical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lackadaisical

My name is Zander and I'm an alcoholic.

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Oilers99
Disgaeamad said:
"Holy crap, it's Oilers!

I'm Ryan, and I used to be a GameSpot regular. Currently, I don't do anything that special, really, although I plan on getting my head stuck into the Wiki feature here, adding as much content as possible. I also enjoy writing reviews, it's a great way to develop my writing skills.

How's the VU been doing, Oilers?
"

Haven't been there as much lately, though I'm still around. The whole forum moved off-site, and still doing not too bad.

By the way, what SN did you use on GameSpot? The same one you are using now?
Christopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Christopper

They call me Stacy.....Thats's not my name

It's Chris

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Disgaeamad
Oilers99 said:
Haven't been there as much lately, though I'm still around. The whole forum moved off-site, and still doing not too bad.

By the way, what SN did you use on GameSpot? The same one you are using now?"
Yeah. I used to talk most in the Albatross18 thread, although I did post around in the other topics, but most of the time I lurked and read the discussion.
Haiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Haiku

Hi, my name is Sebastian and... I do not have a Live/PSN account nor do I have a forum account anyone would know me from.

I own a Wii, and I am a huge fan of Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl, however my internet is super laggy for Brawl so don't ask to play me.  The forum I lurk on, though I do not post, is NeoGAF.  I am hopefully getting a 360 soon for Vesperia/Infinite Undiscovery as well as the usual shooters, so I will post my Live account name when I do.

I'm looking forward to all this wiki stuff here at Giant Bomb and I hope the community evolves to be something great, which I'm sure with enough effort it will.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dj

Hey, my name is Kev. I use to roam the old GameSpot forums but was anticipating the launch of Giant Bomb. Now that the time is here my days at GameSpot are done.

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By GleasonRyan

My name is Ryan ive been on Gamespot since 2005 and was sad to here Jeff was fired but happy that this site came to be

PSN:www1221

Wunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wunder

Hi! I'm Joe from Singapore, a country rarely seen around here apparently. So, hi from Asia!

WillSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WillSavage

I'm Will.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By biggest_loser

Hello. My name is Biggest Loser and I'm an alcoholic.

*Hello Biggest Loser*

Thank you. I hope you all enjoy your stay at Giantbomb!

Happy Gaming!

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By I_smell

Yo I'm I_smell, I make games.

Dutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dutch

Hey, fellas. My name is Chris - although you probably know me as Dutch_Mix from Gamespot. I work at Lowes and in my spare time I enjoy reading and gaming.

That's pretty much it.

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mooshu

Hello, my name is Mooshu and.... I'm addicted to cheese.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By DJ_Lae

Aha!

I'm one of the other Canadians wandering around these boards...er...site, or whatever it happens to be. I'm actually quite impressed with what the site is, although comparing it to ComicVine back on the other week's podcast sort of gave away the wiki style of everything.

Still, seems like it has a ton of potential.

Also, Planescape Torment rocks.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SteelAttack

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste.
Sup everyone?

AceOfSpades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By AceOfSpades

Hey, I'm AceOfSpades (not my real name) and I like playing games and guitar.  I also need lots o' friends.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By Lies

Lies!

You can tell me by my awesome avatar. I shall be stalking the HALO sections, and stealthing around the site, editing and posting for the next few days.

XBL is beat82
Wii code: Who the fuck knows?

I hsall see you arounds.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Cube

I'm Cube. Hello.

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TanKLoveR

Hello, I'm TanKLoveR my name is Marlon and i come from GS. I'm a Cow/hermit lol but i'm really open to all consoles except the kiddy wii xD. I'm 21 and im a student full time ish i have a part time job, which i took not long ago i needed work to upgrade my GPU and get a monitor that doesnt burn my retine; now that i took the time to write all this shit ADD ME AS A FRIEND :@. JK lol.

Avatar image for beyondperfection
BeyondPerfection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BeyondPerfection

Just take a look at my bio.

Overrated_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Overrated_Hero

Hello my name is Overrated_Hero I enjoy games like most people here and I'm just here to have fun and help bring this site up, so hello world. :D

Masc0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Masc0t

My name is Jimmy, I'm 15 from Indiana and used to be a Gamespot user until the firing of Jeff.

Gators4Life501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gators4Life501

Hey, my name is Tyler, I reside in St. Paul, MN, I work at Best Buy, on my spare time I like to play Poker, Games, Basketball, Paintballing, and attending MMA events.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HiResDes

I am teh Satanos

Avatar image for your_moms_lover
Your_moms_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Your_moms_lover

Hey everybody. You should add me on PSN. my name is dukand71
So be my friend and maybe sometime we can play some games together

TrueManticore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TrueManticore

Name is Alan,

I have spent about three years on Gamespot System Wars and couldn't be happier about this new forum. My name on gamespot was scoobiesnackarff and am sure I have spoken with quite a few of you fine folks before. Alittle bit about me, well to begin, my wife and I are currently expecting a child so that is fantastic. I am 28 years old.  As to this site, It already seems many times greater than System Wars. It appears there is more freedom to express ones opinion and less of a dictatorship as there is on Gamespot. As my name says, I am a manticore and enjoy all systems.

Thats pretty much it,

Alan

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By onemic
Oilers99 said:
"It's exciting to finally see the full site go up, and I must say, I'm surprised that they've created a sort of GameSpot/Wikipedia hybrid. I actually proposed something along these lines to a site I used to work for, and it's definitely nice to work with as an end-user. I had the great honor of submitting Baditude as a new concept for the database, something that if it goes through, I will treasure always. So this is definitely a site to stick around.

However, if there's going to be a community here, we should get to know each other! Introduce yourself! Ask questions about what other people say about themselves! I'll start.

My name is David Supina, and I still post on GameSpot's boards under the Oilers99 moniker. I'm an amateur interactive storytelling theorist, so you'll often hear me rail against the evils of cut-scenes, and how the industry has to find interactive ways to tell stories. I'm currently a freelancer for another site, writing up reviews for downloadable games, and I'm also developing a game using XNA with a few other people, which I hope to announce soon. I've been a moderator on GameSpot, and I love to debate about various aspects of the game industry.

How about you?
"

Hey Oilers remember me? The guy that kinda sprung up at the VU all of a sudden and dissapeared after gerstmann-gate?
themovi3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By themovi3nut
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By Aarny91

I'm *insert name* welcome to *insert brand*

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tmontana1004

Hey everyone! System Wars regular here!

GS has been going downhill and any place with Jeff is an instant win imo. Anyway, I'm a huge gamer who owns an Xbox 360 and Wii. My two favorite genres are shooters and RPGS; my favorite shooter would of course be Halo because of it's wackiness and great storyline, and my favorite RPG would be Mass Effect for it's awesome characters, story, gameplay, and epicness! Anyway, I like to debate about consoles and which is the best, but I can usually mantain a non-hostile behavior unless fanboys like -Renegade are posting. More about me, I am a huge Classic Rock and Metal fan, my favorites being GNR, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc, and of course I am a big soccer guy too. Glad to be at GB!

PyroMenace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PyroMenace

Why hello

The name is Corey, I do a shit ton of lurking, but my home is over at Overwritten.net. I am hopelessly addicted to all things video gaming.
I guess my personal faves are Deus Ex, loved me some Tie Fighter... and something more recent... Paper Mario for the Gamecube and The World Ends with You.

Kaido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kaido

Sometimes I masturbate when I cry.

Matthias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Matthias

I'm a user at ComicVine, the sister site :D

Oh well...I'm 15, I'm from Sweden, and...my username at ComicVine is Twilight Man...I will most likely be there much more than here anyway... :P