Is Ignorance Bliss?

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DoctorDanger99

The older i get the more stressed out i get.not over normal things.bills,going bald,finding a woman,family issues or whatever. what really bothers me is how much i know.i honestly think i know too much. about everything. i know too much about women,so i can usually predict what my girlfriend is going to say. i know too much about how the world works. so it's harder for me to let things slide.ive spent too much time watching people. i can spot an asshole a mile away and theres a hundred in between us. i just feel like ive seen the man behind the curtain(!) and now i just cant deal with it. i find myself more and more going back to my childhood. trying to re expierence the mid to late 90's but all ive found is that doesnt help me. it just reminds me of how much i enjoyed being a kid.

not being a kid in the usual aspect.just not knowing things. somtimes i really do think ignorance is bliss.im a pretty smart guy and i know i can do just about anything i put my mind to yet its hard. back then,i didnt have to worry about girls,or assholes,or rasicm or a million other things. i was free just to be me. so then that is the question i pose fellow Bombers. is ignorance bliss?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

i don't mean to come off as a jerk, but you sound kinda arrogant.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JasonR86

It's less stressful. Also this;

@TheHT said:

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

Ignorance may be easier, but knowledge is worth the pain.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@TheHT: no offense taken,but how do i come off like a jerk?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous
@DoctorDanger99 said:

@TheHT: no offense taken,but how do i come off like a jerk?

Probably all the parts where you said "I know too much about [x]."
DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@TruthTellah: thats alot like the saying,it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. not sure i agree lol

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp

Man, so this is the internet huh?

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Doctorchimp: From one Doctor to another i can tell you...YES.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TyCobb

@DoctorDanger99 said:

The older i get the more stressed out i get.not over normal things.bills,going bald,finding a woman,family issues or whatever. what really bothers me is how much i know.i honestly think i know too much. about everything. i know too much about women,so i can usually predict what my girlfriend is going to say. i know too much about how the world works. so it's harder for me to let things slide.ive spent too much time watching people. i can spot an asshole a mile away and theres a hundred in between us. i just feel like ive seen the man behind the curtain(!) and now i just cant deal with it. i find myself more and more going back to my childhood. trying to re expierence the mid to late 90's but all ive found is that doesnt help me. it just reminds me of how much i enjoyed being a kid.

not being a kid in the usual aspect.just not knowing things. somtimes i really do think ignorance is bliss.im a pretty smart guy and i know i can do just about anything i put my mind to yet its hard. back then,i didnt have to worry about girls,or assholes,or rasicm or a million other things. i was free just to be me. so then that is the question i pose fellow Bombers. is ignorance bliss?

Apparently you do not know a lot about writing. If you want people to take you somewhat seriously (even though you sound like a douche), you may not want to type like a 7 year old on a Crayola keyboard.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DoctorDanger99

ah well,never mind me folks,i guess im just an arrogant douche who cant write.nothing to see here,next train wreck is on track for about noon.have a great night!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Turambar

I'd say no, you don't know too much. You merely lack the life skills with which to handle it. The reason people say you come off as a jerk is because your sentiments mirror that of a 16 year old who suddenly discovered knowledge but lacks the wisdom with which to actually function properly with said knowledge. You know how the world works, so now you can't let things slide? Another way of saying that is you don't have proper sight of what your own limitations are and how you can and can't actually effect your surroundings. You're in your mid 20s and you already think you know all there is to know about women? A willingness to generalize across an entire gender is a clear sign of your present immaturity. Sociology might make rules for social behavior, but never think that it allows you to predict the individual. Alternatively, never let your ability to predict an individual fool you into thinking you understand the group. And really, what man behind the curtains?

Do I remember back when girls only had cooties and a drug was something I took when I had a cold? Sure. Do I want to go back to that state? No, and neither should you.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Turambar: you had a very good point and i understand everything you said. saying that,nothing you said had anything at all to do with me. but thank you for replying. im glad you took the time out of your day to respond to me. thank you.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By caska

I can see where you're coming from duder. The more you know the more you wish you didn't know. Ignorance is bliss for me because I don't want to know about that guy out there who bought a 50 million dollar house instead of giving it to charity. Ignorance is bliss because I don't really care about that one soldier that died on one side of the line when thousands die on the other side. Ignorance is bliss because I don't want to know that you think all Muslims are terrorists. But then again willingly ignoring things is stupid so you gots to get up and tell people otherwise.

Also I know next to nothing about women but pretty sure saying you know everything about them is the same as saying you can judge a book by its cover... Also if you can predict everything your girlfriend does then she's obviously not the right person....

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@caska: lol i didnt mean i can predict everything a girl is going to do. i only ment that if youve had several girlfriends you start to notice a trend is all. the same way if you ask a bunch of girls they will tell you alot of guys leave the toilet seat up.not all of them but a vast majority. thats all i ment in that regard.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By caska

@DoctorDanger99: Haha fair enough then. My bad!

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Christoffer

As some people already have touch upon in here, ignorance is bliss only if you can't deal with knowledge. To learn about the good and bad in the world is part of being a grownup and it's a great thing. Going back to being a kid would be a complete nightmare for me and, sorry to say, sounds like something a spoiled brat would wish.

I'm just curoius. Why do you worry about girls and why are there so many assholes where you live? If you know everything else about the world, maybe you should solve those riddles.

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Sursh

@DoctorDanger99 said:

i'm admittedly only sixteen, so i can't relate to a single fucking thing you've written, except for the lack of capitals. and you've succeeded to depress the fuck out of me, in what is to arrive at a latter juncture in my meager lifespan.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Pinworm45

Yes, ignorance can be bliss. The only way to be happy in life is to distract yourself, to be ignorant (similiar things, although one is on purpose and the other is not), or be depressed.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By phampire

I'd rather know about things rather than be in the dark, I agree somewhat to the notion that ignorance is bliss, but not wholeheartedly. I mean sure not knowing about a terrible idea such as racism might be seen as a good idea, but I prefer to be aware that it does exist so I can actively discourage in what ever small way possible. What if you were ignorant about the good things in life? Surely that would not be bliss. I am sure that as we all get older we (hopefully) become more knowledgeable about both good and bad things in life. Ignorance may be bliss but knowledge is power, it empowers you to make informed decisions based on reality. So in short not all knowledge is bad, learning is good and not knowing fixes nothing. I hope this helps.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By beeftothetaco

@TheHT said:

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@caska: I can judge hollywood movies by their covers.

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cexantus

@DoctorDanger99: "is ignorance bliss"

Not really. I can understand the appeal of keeping your head to the ground and ignoring all of the awful crap that's going on in the world. Life is short, why shouldn't we choose to live in pleasure as long as we can? Problem is it creates this rather childish, limited worldview that breeds complacency. To be a healthy adult, one must maintain a balance of knowledge--and that means taking all of that bad shit in stride. I know people my age (I'm 23) that have that mindset and it's kind of sad to see grown adults have such a childish mentality; to see people my age who can't even read beyond a middle school reading level; to see people not even the tiniest bit aware of what's going on around them, and thinking it's a good thing. It's pathetic, and it's mainly the reason why we're looked down upon by others in the rest of the world.

Admittedly, I find myself caught up in my own nostalgia, pining for simpler days of watching tv and playing video games; but that's what nostalgia is--sentimental bullshit. The best days of your life are ahead of you; just live your life, bro.

" honestly think i know too much. about everything."

No. No, you don't. This is what shitty teenagers believe. Don't be that guy.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By supamon
@cexantus A-greed.

To OP: Dude you're still young. One thing I've learned is there is always more to learn, more to improve. You think you're pretty smart but c'mon, go discover the 5th dimension or climb mount everest then I'll give you kudos.
Just be thankful you have a good life.
Oh and to answer your question, I'm a red pill guy.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Drebin_893

@DoctorDanger99: You sounds like such a disgusting person, I don't even understand how you can accidentally be that arrogant and obnoxious.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Strife777

The more you learn, the more you realize how ignorant you are. That's a very fascinating thing. So I guess it is bliss in some way.

I sometimes think about how easier it was as a child, not knowing about things, but in the end, I would never go back. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable in a general sense and I'm rather proud of it.

Finally, I don't think you're actually arrogant, but you come off as arrogant because of the way you phrased your idea. Try and take a little time to think about how you say things, otherwise people can get the wrong idea and that doesn't help towards a fruitful conversation.)

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By fattony12000

WHY DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO CAPITALISE THE LETTER "i" IN YOUR OPENING POST?

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

This is going into the script.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By Humanity

@DoctorDanger99: Not to derail but I am genuinely curious as to the reason why you type the way you do? I know that some people just don't care enough to structure content they write "online" so is this the case? I only ask because in 2012 I think it really fascinating when I see people that never capitalize or leave spaces after commas (or two spaces after periods if they're not some sort of uncouth caveman flinging dung at their monitors!) and just type in these strange blocks of text. Ironically ignorance is bliss in this case as I'd be able to concentrate a lot more on the meat of your post rather than it's styling if I didn't know what I do know about proper text formatting.

Ignorance very often is bliss though. Sometimes it's just better not to know. I believe in relationships, being 100% honest with each other is a great philosophy that doesn't always end that well. Little white lies are a necessary evil and being shielded from things that you have no influence over is also important. For example it is common practice not to mention how much you earn at work among coworkers. The same guy you always had a friendly chat with in the break room you may now approach with hostility because you found out that he makes much more than you yet does the same amount of work. Sometimes it's just better not to know, although in your case I'm not sure this is what you're actually talking about.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Ghostiet

@DoctorDanger99 said:

i know too much about how the world works.

If you are not 50, these are empty words.

Avatar image for thevideohustler
TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheVideoHustler

Yes it is.

That way I can believe Vinny will one day be my husband.