Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Alexandru

@WasabiCurry said:

Ironically, I cannot stand negative, antisocial, or depressing people anymore~ When I go out, I want to hang with my bros (including my brothers) and just have fun. Guess what? We do! Even though I am in a weird transition period in my life where we cannot hang out as much as we can anymore; it just makes it that much more important when we get together~

You have changed man, that sentence there shows that you arent as you once were. (which you are happy with)

But I am a depressing guy, and I dont want to become someone that cant stand this type of people, since at that point that wouldnt be me. I dont want to dislike my kind. This is but one of the ways that I would change into one of you. And at that point I would cease to exist. There would be someone else in my place, an impostor.

As I said in one of my previous posts, I don't want to stop hating people and change. I want to always remember what I've been thru and why I hate others. I don't want to become like them and turn into one of them.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Alexandru

@WasabiCurry said:

Ironically, I cannot stand negative, antisocial, or depressing people anymore~ When I go out, I want to hang with my bros (including my brothers) and just have fun. Guess what? We do! Even though I am in a weird transition period in my life where we cannot hang out as much as we can anymore; it just makes it that much more important when we get together~

You have changed man, that sentence there shows that you arent as you once were. (which you are happy with)

But I am a depressing guy, and I dont want to become someone that cant stand this type of people, since at that point that wouldnt be me. I dont want to dislike my kind. This is but one of the ways that I would change into one of you. And at that point I would cease to exist. There would be someone else in my place, an impostor.

As I said in one of my previous posts, I don't want to stop hating people and change. I want to always remember what I've been thru and why I hate others. I don't want to become like them and turn into one of them.

Yes, it's normal to not want change, but it's not normal to want to remain a genuine sociopath. You need help. Unless your comfortable spiraling into suicide, which seems like it's a possibility. But one day you're going to be a prick to the wrong person and get the shit beat out of you. I'd encourage you to sort your goddamn psyche out before that happens.
Cianyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Cianyx

Come on son, people change all the time

CellBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CellBit

@Alexandru said:

@WasabiCurry said:

I used to be a shut-in, shy person. But you know what? I changed that. I don't live just for myself anymore, I live for others. Not because I need to please others to be happy, but because it makes me happy to help them open up and enjoy the finer things in life. I'm that guy who notices the person who no one else does, and invites him/her into my group. I like to think that, some day, maybe because I helped them, they'll be in a position to help someone else, and maybe it will create a cycle. It could really be a beautiful thing.

I didn't change myself to achieve this, I just changed my lifestyle and choices. I'm still me, just a more active and happier version.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Peanut

Chris-chan?

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Sursh

going outside being part of your hate list? endearingly stupid. you don't have to be a beach goer, party animal douchebag. those are the people you love to hate (and mock subliminally). this shouldn't deny you of your chance to go outside and explore. have adventures. there's a difference between hating the outside world, and making diluted excuses for your procrastination. i venture to various destinations and admittedly have more fun by myself than i would with my friends. just fucking do it.

and as for avoiding to make friends. why? i understand you don't like most people, but look at the majority of people you're speaking to on this site. people you would get along with. just go to social areas where people retain similar interests to yourself and talk about shit you like. not hard, and admittedly satisfying.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Nottle

I'm not great socially either, but you need to be told this:

You've been wrong this entire time. You were jealous this whole time. That's completely natural, all sorts of hatred is based on jealousy but you need to realize that changing isn't bad.

The people you hated were never doing anything wrong, being social, being friends with other people is a great thing to do. It's just part of life it's part of nature, you need people to count on, thats how we are all standing here today. You probably don't want to be lonely your whole life, you were given a chance to be included. Don't waste it because you were jealous when you were a bit younger. By the way, every sane person has some level of self consciousness, don't let what you see as faults eat up at you..

You should apologize right away. Don't make up a lie or anything either.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Alexandru said:

@WasabiCurry said:

You don't want to stop hating people? do you really hate people who have friends and enjoy themselves? it seems like your just jealous. I also noticed earlier you said something like

(I also suck and no one likes me when they get to know me, so I'd rather have them hate me).

If someone hates you when they find out what your interests and such are then they aren't worth your time. theres several billion(if not a few trillion) people on this planet and your saying none of them will like you? Bullshit. if you think you suck others will think you do too.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#110  Edited By Video_Game_King

@living4theday258 said:

If someone hates you when they find out what your interests and such are then they aren't worth your time. theres several billion(if not a few trillion) people on this planet and your saying none of them will like you? Bullshit. if you think you suck others will think you do too.

"All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." Friedrich Nietzsche.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#111  Edited By Justin258

@living4theday258 said:

@Alexandru said:

@WasabiCurry said:

You don't want to stop hating people? do you really hate people who have friends and enjoy themselves? it seems like your just jealous. I also noticed earlier you said something like

(I also suck and no one likes me when they get to know me, so I'd rather have them hate me).

Humanity isn't going to reach a few trillion people for a long time.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By zoozilla

If you're really comfortable with yourself, I don't think you would start a topic on a gaming forum asking for validation of your views from anonymous peers.

It seems like you were wondering if your way of life really was okay, and when people didn't simply affirm your views you completely shut yourself down.

I have never been a social person - I've never been an extrovert, or a talker. Sometimes I felt, like you, that I was from a completely different species, and no one thought the kinds of things I thought. Now I realize that it was a kind of vanity. I was completely self-centered. Everything was about me, and I suffered for it. Life doesn't have to be just about you. It can be about the other people in your life, and trying to make them happy.

I'm still not an extrovert and I'm still shy - but I'm getting better every day, and I can feel it. It just takes time to grow your self-confidence to the point where you don't have to worry about yourself all the time. Your thoughts don't always have to be about yourself, and how you're different, and how you're alone, and everything else. Just talking to other people can make you more confident in yourself, so you don't retreat into your mind so often. If you're really, truly happy with the person you are right now, then you shouldn't even be thinking about it. You should just be at peace with yourself, but the fact that you made this thread seems to indicate that maybe some part of you isn't completely satisfied.

Anyway, hope you get something out of this thread - a lot of people have posted some great stuff.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Having friends is great. Especially if they are close friends. Surround yourself with people who share the same interests as you and you won't have to change.

SpencerBoltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SpencerBoltz

I have not read every post here but, I think the best advice would probably be to find a psychiatrist or counselor. Remember, everyone feels extreme depression in their lives; it would be abnormal if you didn't. What you have learn to do is deal with that depression. Pro-social behavior also helps with overall mood, you'll feel better if you simply help someone with something or anything really. Also, in my opinion people will always face change and what's important is how you deal with and learn from that change. But like I said, if it really bothers you then you should see a professional. And if you already are seeing a therapist or the equivalent, good job; you'll figure out what works best for you.

High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By High_Nunez

I understand where you're coming from, I've been a misfit for most of my life too but not to the point that you're describing. I've worked mostly solitary jobs, and as a result I never really had to socialize outside of my close-knit circle of friends. A number of years ago I had to get a job that had me dealing with the public, and goddamn let me tell you, you're not entirely wrong for not wanting to deal with people. My experiences at this job, if I can take away anything positive about it, is that it helped me break out of my shell to an extent. I'm telling you man, it's a good experience. I was happy to see that it didn't really change me fundamentally, and it opened my eyes in alot of ways. It was a win/win for me. I understand anecdotes like mine will do little to change your way of thinking, but hopefully in some minor way you can consider the possibility that you won't change, unless you want to. Having said that, you're reaction to that friendly girl was a bit over the top, I hope you apologized.

Sad truth is that we're introverts living in an extroverted world. There are plenty of introverts like us out there in the world who have to try and keep up, and play by rules that place us in uncomfortable circumstances, or we get tossed aside and seen as weirdos. Don't feel ashamed of it, it seems you've already accepted that you're an introvert, and you're right, you can't change that. It's just the way your brain is wired, as some scientists claim. So scientifically you'll always sort of be this way to some extent, philosophically however, you'll always have a chance to reshape yourself. Don't stagnate, duder, that's my advice. You'll come to realize that things, and people, and the silly shit they do is never as horrible as we think it is, and allowing them access to your life doesn't diminish you.