Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By diz
MattyFTM said:
"Black_Rose said:
"BoG said:
"Einstein was a devout Jew."
Yup. I also remember hearing or reading somewhere that Darwin was a very religious person. "
Darwin was a christian through most of his life. He believed that his evolutionary theory was in fact evidence that there must be a god. Later in life he believed in agnosticism, I dunno what brought this on, I belive it might have something to do with him reading other holy books, and deciding that they all were equally valid, but I'm not sure."

Einstein had a metaphorical view on religion and certainly wasn't a devout Jew. He rejected the presidency of Israel in 1952.

Darwin had a Christian up-bringing but rejected his faith since it clashed with the predominently creationist Christian view. Born in 1809, he went for a walk while his family went to church from 1849 onwards (he died in 1882).

Also, Einstein's and Darwin's scientific ideas have been revised through the rational, deductive scientific method.

Does this explain it?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M-vnmejwXo

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By BoG
diz said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Black_Rose said:
"BoG said:
"Einstein was a devout Jew."
Yup. I also remember hearing or reading somewhere that Darwin was a very religious person. "
Darwin was a christian through most of his life. He believed that his evolutionary theory was in fact evidence that there must be a god. Later in life he believed in agnosticism, I dunno what brought this on, I belive it might have something to do with him reading other holy books, and deciding that they all were equally valid, but I'm not sure."

Einstein had a metaphorical view on religion and certainly wasn't a devout Jew. He rejected the presidency of Israel in 1952.

Darwin had a Christian up-bringing but rejected his faith since it clashed with the predominently creationist Christian view. Born in 1809, he went for a walk while his family went to church from 1849 onwards (he died in 1882).

Also, Einstein's and Darwin's scientific ideas have been revised through the rational, deductive scientific method.

"
Yeah, we cleared up the Einstein bit earlier, even if it was only with Wikipedia.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By crunchUK
MattyFTM said:
"MC_Izawa said:
"am i just blind?"
Yes, you are blind. He said you were sexually attracted to your sister, he didn't say you were gay."
his sister is a man
diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By diz
BoG said:
"diz said:
"
"
Yeah, we cleared up the Einstein bit earlier, even if it was only with Wikipedia.
"
Good - just so there's no misunderstanding.
Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Aurelito
MC_Izawa said:
"i mean, we have so many topics about god and stuff i think its time to talk about the other side of thingshow do we know science is real?  all them books was written by old men from made up places like bohemia and bavaria (oh you mean like the chocolate?  cant trick me...)can we REALLY verify that all the stuff they said is real?  i mean, it was so long ago and its been put through so many languages that its impossible that all the science is the same as they said it washow do we know they didnt bend it to mean what they want it to mean?cmon now, lets discuss this like proper gentlemen"

How we can indefinite the infinite function limit of F(x)=x²+y²-3/4? Sure you have give me the answer, otherwise you're just a simple minded atheist. go back to your tribe and never comment on science again. and the word hypothesis is made for a guy like you.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By iamjohn

HOLY FUCKING LOL

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By nail1080

Wow and this thread doesn't get locked? Jeez come back Lock-happy mods, please, there is so much delusion and unreason here it's shocking - the worst being whoever said Einstein changed his theories to suit his delusion - Einstein didn't believe in a 'god' - he used the word metaphorically in certain quotes which bible belters desperately cling onto to try and stake that their little fictional fairytale should be taken seriously. Walking on water? A virgin giving birth? ~6000 year old world? Holy **** get out now, there is no hope for humanity we will kill each other thanks to our great imagination to be able to believe in non-evidence based myths. What a pathetic race in a dark dark corner on a little rock in this vast universe

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ahriman22
BoG said:
"MC_Izawa said:
"i mean, we have so many topics about god and stuff i think its time to talk about the other side of thingshow do we know science is real?  all them books was written by old men from made up places like bohemia and bavaria (oh you mean like the chocolate?  cant trick me...)can we REALLY verify that all the stuff they said is real?  i mean, it was so long ago and its been put through so many languages that its impossible that all the science is the same as they said it washow do we know they didnt bend it to mean what they want it to mean?cmon now, lets discuss this like proper gentlemen"
Wow. Well, first of all, the Bible is older. Second, their research has, in most cases, been verified over and over again and continues to be tested. That's what makes it science. Once again, the language thing could be said about the Bible. Some scientists did bend their studies to make it mean what they wanted to, Einstein bended his theories to support his belief in god. This was chagned later.
"
It is, of course, a lie  what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systemically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and have never denied this, but have expressed it clearly. I f something is in me which can be called religious, then it is the unbranded admiration for the structure of the world so far as science can reveal it. - Einstein

Just in case you thought he was religious.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By maxszy

Really? You're really asking this? If you can't believe verified scientific research is "real"...man...that's problematic....

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By papercut

o boy...

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By artofwar420

No Caption Provided

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By turbomonkey138
artofwar420 said:
"
No Caption Provided
"

Funny how i get warned for posting pictures like this .
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By Gunner
turbomonkey138 said:
"artofwar420 said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Funny how i get warned for posting pictures like this ."
Thats cause they are only funny in moderation.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LiquidPrince

Har har.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By turbomonkey138
Gunner said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"artofwar420 said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Funny how i get warned for posting pictures like this ."
Thats cause they are only funny in moderation. "
Meh ... thats why i don't post them anymore :3
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By artofwar420

I like this page.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RetroIce4
CL60 said:
"You're not funny, stop trying."
I laughed pretty damn hard. I thought it was funny. Especially when he said, "all them books was written by old men from made up places like bohemia and bavaria (oh you mean like the chocolate?  cant trick me...)" Wow.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Science is NOT real
Science is reality

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By animateria

Are you for real?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#70  Edited By AgentJ
nail1080 said:
"Wow and this thread doesn't get locked? Jeez come back Lock-happy mods, please, there is so much delusion and unreason here it's shocking - the worst being whoever said Einstein changed his theories to suit his delusion - Einstein didn't believe in a 'god' - he used the word metaphorically in certain quotes which bible belters desperately cling onto to try and stake that their little fictional fairytale should be taken seriously. Walking on water? A virgin giving birth? ~6000 year old world? Holy **** get out now, there is no hope for humanity we will kill each other thanks to our great imagination to be able to believe in non-evidence based myths. What a pathetic race in a dark dark corner on a little rock in this vast universe "
They dont lock topics for different beliefs, they lock topics for getting off track, becoming mean-spirited, or saying that star wars is less than amazing (its not less than amazing btw mods). You need to stop criticizing people for thinking differently than you do, even if religion does seem far-fetched. 
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By StaticFalconar

Science used to say the world was flat, but the very same science now has been replaced with the solar system. See that's the difference between religion and science, religion everybody always try to refer to the oldest passages for the truth while science actually proves what we know with experiments and such; the answer may change with more experiments but all scientists know the latest is the most correct one until more experiments tell us otherwise. Science in no way actually state we have all the answers, it urges us to find them ourselves while religion is just here is the answer now live with it.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72  Edited By Optiow

Well I think that scientific study is accurate, but some parts I do not believe.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By dr_nefarious
MC_Izawa said:
"CL60 said:
"MC_Izawa said:
"CL60 said:
"MC_Izawa said:
"CL60 said:
this is a discussion of pretty mature topics, young fella. you might just wanna step outside if youre gonna make little fart jokes in this topici mean, if i was an athiest youd write a paragraph tellin me why im so correct, right? give me the same respect"
This coming from the guy who is sexually attracted to his sister?"
what so now my sexuality is in question?  you one of them bigots who stands outside the courthouse making fun of the gay fellas?  well thats just wrong and mean, plan and simpleits everyone right to live the way they want and you know that deep down inside"
I never said anything about gay people....at all..never even questioned your sexuality."
are you crazy or something?  am i just blind?  i coulda sworn you talked about my sexual attractions..."
I'm lol'ing hard.
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By kashif1
nail1080 said:
 the worst being whoever said Einstein changed his theories to suit his delusion
he put something ito relitivity called the cosmological constant.  THis constant could be changed to make the universe stay the exact same forever.  He eventualy got rid of it.
raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By raggedglory

No Caption Provided

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By penguindust

Science is real if you believe it is.  Have a little faith in what you're being taught.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ZeroCast

Yeah sure why not, i mean if you jump off a 12 story building you're going to die right :p?

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By dr_nefarious

I DARE you to go test gravity right now. I think the best way to test gravity would be to jump off a 12 story building.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CL60
ZeroCast said:
"Yeah sure why not, i mean if you jump off a 12 story building you're going to die right :p?"
Of course you wont.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Systech

No Caption Provided

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By CL60
systech said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Sexy people.
slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By slinky6
MC_Izawa said:
If this a joke you're a funny dude.   If you're serious, then go back on your short bus, man, seriously.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#83  Edited By JJWeatherman
CL60 said:
This.

I can't believe this thread is at the top of the forum with 900 views. lmao. I couldn't resist anymore, had to come in and post.
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84  Edited By Gmanall

Science is true up to a point until it folds on itself

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By KnifeySpoony

I like how CL60 was the first to post in both the sister sexual attraction thread and this one.

edit: Everything else has pretty much been said, thread went places and left.