Is this the best week of Giant Bomb ever?

• 66 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d
deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, Vinny, Drew, Brad, and Alexis have been bringing the thunder this week.

tsiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tsiro

I don't know about best, but it's been pretty phenomenal.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

Just goes to show Jeff has been holding everyone back...

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By icicle7x3

Perhaps you missed the GOTY week that just happened...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icicle7x3: I guess in that case it would be the past 2 weeks. Definitely one of the best weeks if it's not the best.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By csl316

Whenever they just sort of wing it, good things are bound to happen.  Reminds me of the Bombcast when everything broke down.

It sort of felt like a bunch of fans were given keys to the site.  Hell, they were even excited to Quick Look Neverdead.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Subjugation

"I'm a truck!"

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By jonnyboy

I'd bet my modded Volvo on it.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TruthTellah

A very nice week indeed.

There have been better weeks, but this is an amazing week to start the year on.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshthebear

It was pretty fucking great, although the lack of Dave was disappointing.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MezZa

I wouldn't say its the best ever, but I still voted yes because this was one of the best weeks in quite some time for sure. Loved the live streams.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UlquioKani

I'ts been pretty good. The lack of Jeff is a little disappointing but apparently people think he holds the site back.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

@UlquioKani said:

I'ts been pretty good. The lack of Jeff is a little disappointing but apparently people think he holds the site back.

I don't think anyone actually does. Jeff is like 50% of the funny on this site. The other 50 is obviously Vinny. It's a good thing this site is more then %100 funny though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By musubi

I wouldn't say ever but its always fun when Vinny gets to run wild. I feel like their E3 live streams during the 2010 E3 was absolutely amazing. I mean those streams that week were the birth of about at least a dozen Giantbomb Memes.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

For me its been a pretty long time since giantbomb has kinda been in "fuck it" mode where they aren't bogged down with scheduling and being busy with corporate things. First time in a long time where we've had 2+ hours of just nonsense, reminding me back of old whiskey media days when everything goes and people just dropped on by the couch randomly. Its understandable that now they'd be super busy with the new site going up and reporting to superiors for meetings every now and then but its good to see the live stream randomness brought back. Folks, appreciate it till business starts picking up again.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Luchalma

Jeff is the funniest person on the site and I love watching videos with him in it, but him, Ryan and Patrick are more likely to trash a game and pick it apart than genuinely have fun with it. It's like a breath of fresh air how much fun the guys seem to be having.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Animasta

@joshthebear said:

It was pretty fucking great, although the lack of Dave was disappointing.

Dave has said that once hte full site is out and everything's fine then he'll be more free to appear in content (last I heard)

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By beepmachine

I dunno about about the best ever, but that euro truck sim stream was probably one of the best things I've ever seen. This week was basically flight club without planes and with Brad subbing in for Dave.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By regularassmilk

@UlquioKani said:

I don't understand. What is this Jeff hate? I don't get it.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By MEATBALL

No, but it's up there! Feels much more like "the good old" Giant Bomb from before the CBS buyout - that's not to say CBS hasn't come with its advantages - I don't know that the guys could have ever done something as ambitious as 2012's amazing GotY videos at Whiskey Media.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BisonHero

@Luchalma said:

Jeff is the funniest person on the site and I love watching videos with him in it, but him, Ryan and Patrick are more likely to trash a game and pick it apart than genuinely have fun with it. It's like a breath of fresh air how much fun the guys seem to be having.

That's kind of a good way of putting it. Jeff is awesome when a game deserves trashing, or he just has some bizarre anecdote to tell, but he doesn't seem to put quite as much effort into trying to like a game for a Quick Look, at least not to the same extent as Vinny or Brad. But without Jeff, we'd never have moments like this:

The part at 1:50 still kills me.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By DarthOrange

My faith in Giant Bomb has been restored, that euro simulator was the best thing that has happened to this site since after the buyout.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By casper_

when you let vinny run shit everything goes off the rails and its rad

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShaggE

This is the best five year stretch they've ever done.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waaaaaaaaaaay up there. I can't think of a specific week that I've enjoyed more, but there could have been one.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Castiel

Yes this has been an amazing week and it made me think if GB should change a few things to make it more like this every week.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Milkman

I voted no because I don't like speaking in absolutes but it was pretty great.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By ajamafalous

No, but I'll quote this because this is how I feel:

@Luchalma said:

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iceman228433

It has been while sense there has been a week as good as this one, maybe the problem is Jeff and Ryan they may just play it too safe at this point. Crazy Video content is what makes this site awesome and this week just proves that.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By bacongames

I love this website but last year started strong as well with a lot of Random PC Game stuff and LOLS: Freedom Fighters. I loved this week but it's more to do with where we are in the release cycle for games and stuff filling the site with content before any real games come out than any sort of approach to content. Personally while I would love some more, I would miss them getting down to the nitty gritty and talking about games.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PillClinton

No, that'd be E3, but it's pretty damn close. This is/was definitely the best GOTY week of GB.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By probablytuna

Pretty freaking great start to the year is all I can say.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By superfriend

I don´t think it´s the lack of Jeff- the reason they get to run wild is probably the lack of useless meetings a lot of them have to attend.

"Say hello to the newest member of our marketing team!" .. "Yeah, hello, can I please get back to work now?" .. "No, first we have to tell you about which department has made the most money in the last 72 hours."

Meetings fucking suck the life out of people.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CptBedlam

Yup, fantastic week. Goes to show that the content gets better when there's less of the usual "let's have a look at the newest AAA game" routine QLs.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Mars_Cleric

every week is best week ever

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#37  Edited By Yummylee

I'd be totally fine if the entire year was filled with content lead only by Brad, Vinny, Alexis, Drew, and Dave.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By EuanDewar

Could've done with less brad but shure

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What's happened this week?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By AndrewB

Man you guys.... seriously? It being so great isn't the result of a lack of certain people in the office; they just happened to have some really great (and awful) games to work with. I'm not going to say a Quick Look without Vinny isn't tainted from the start, but the man can only be in so many places at once.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chop

It was one of the best weeks I can think of. Everyone seemed to be having so much fun the whole time; I guess that's what Vinny leading the pack does.

All that might be Euro Truck Sim clouding the goggles though. That is probably the funniest fucking thing they've ever produced.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PhilipDuck

They have been great ! Euro truck was great, TNT was great, basically they need to include these guys in their content more often! hopefully they learn that much from this week! :)

Avatar image for 1m4d34g4m3w1thz0mb13s
1m4d34g4m3w1thz0mb13s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Euro Truck Simulator was easily the best QuickLook I've seen. I'd pay money for the site if they did more Quick Looks like that, every process including looking for mods and stuff.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Grissefar

Pretty good week but it is NOT because of the lack of Jeff but rather the presence of Vinny. Unfortunately, Vinny can only be present when Jeff is gone, as Jeff believes Vinny is best kept in the control room doing tedious tasks rather than creating the madness that makes the site come alive.

Because of this, Jeff usually chooses Brad to be his Quick Look partner, instead creating some of the worst content on the site.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#45  Edited By Dimsey

Dunno about ever, but it was pretty damn good. 

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By DeF

@Castiel said:

Yes this has been an amazing week and it made me think if GB should change a few things to make it more like this every week.

Co-sign!

@CptBedlam said:

Yup, fantastic week. Goes to show that the content gets better when there's less of the usual "let's have a look at the newest AAA game" routine QLs.

I really really really really could not agree more! This week is a reminder of why Giant Bomb is awesome and different. They need to spend more time doing stuff that is fun FOR THEM (which usually in turn makes things more fun FOR US). That's also why I liked the Random PC Game and Load Our Last Save features so much ...because they were somewhat random and determined by what the guys wanted to do, instead of what "needs coverage" or "speaks to our GB audience" or "might attract new duders"!

@GetEveryone said:

What's happened this week?

VERY long Sleepy Dawgs DLC quick look with the majority of the time spent futzing about, 2 hour !quick look! of a friggin' Truck sim, TNT with all sorts of random games that are in no way shape or form current, Spelunky Breaking Brad, GOTY behind the scenes randomness. Mostly it showed that Vinny is probably even more awesome in front of the camera than he already is when behind the camera.

Edit: Oh and we finally got a NeverDead Quick Look ...almost a year after it came out :D

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AlexW00d

I'd say yes it is easier than going back through every week to check. The content is always the best when the dudes are enjoying themselves, and that rarely.seems to happen with Ryan or Patrick.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By jacdg

@Luchalma said:

True dat.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Barrock

Prrrrrretty close.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dropabombonit

We finally got a Neverdead quick look and the surprise euro truck 2 stream was some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen on this site